Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #1801
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
I'm going to be looking into a 504 Plan at some point. It does offer some protection but I definitely need to do more research on them.
Hi rosanab,

What is a 504 plan? Is it similar to FMLA??
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

































url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]















































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #1802
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
I only received my patch today, and put it on after supper. They say the first one may take a bit. Here is hoping by next week I have some relief. Going to pysio Wed with my prescription .. Hoping for the best..

Love and gentle hugs everyone
I hope the patch kicks in soon so you can get some relief.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

































url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]















































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #1803
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray

So true!

Well, I went in to work today and found out that my schedul change request has been approved! Starting this week I will no longer be working the evening shift. I've been working 6pm - midnight, but starting tomorrow I will be working 9am - 2pm. So, this is one less hour per day, PLUS I will be home in the afternoon and evening, which DH is extremely happy about. I am too. I always get up early in the morning with DH anyway, so getting to work for 9am will be a piece of cake (I hope! LOL).

A LOT of people work at my company during the day, and the last time that I went in for a day shift, I had to park a million miles away; so believe when I say that my Handicap Parking placard cannot arrive too soon, now that I'll be going there every day from now on! Oh, I still have Thursdays off, and will still be working Sunday afternoons, which I honestly don't mind.

*whew* I hope this going to be a better schedule for me.

I hope everyone is feeling ok today.
So glad you got a better schedule! Hopefully its as helpful as you expect it to be.

I've been up/down. Weather really impacting my energy levels one hr I'm dragging next minute feeling much better. My back locked up for several days last week for no apparent reason. I was actually feeling a bit better but couldn't move . Took flexerill for several nights that knocked me out a bit but did fix my back and jaw pain I had been dealing w for nearly 3 months improved greatly too must have been some form of tmj. Just dragging myself from one kids activity to another until school got out last Tuesday. Now trying to figure out a summer routine that will get me ahead since I shouldn't have a post vacation crash as we don't go on a vaca this year. DD8 is going to dance nationals in two weeks and DS/dh have big week trip to Gettysburg with scouts so DH has no more days left and our cash is limited too. Hoping to take another cruise next june since prices haven't gone up much since opening or maybe 2015.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #1804
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hi rosanab,

What is a 504 plan? Is it similar to FMLA??
Hi SeaSpray!

A 504 plan is a legal document that was created for employees with disabilities. It states agreed upon accommodations that your employer will make for you as a person with disabilities.

As a public school employee I have seen them mostly written for students who do not qualify for IEPs. This was not it's original purpose.

Obviously it won't work in every situation, and like I said I need to do a little more research on it But could be a good starting point for some.
__________________


Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #1805
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
Hi SeaSpray!

A 504 plan is a legal document that was created for employees with disabilities. It states agreed upon accommodations that your employer will make for you as a person with disabilities.

As a public school employee I have seen them mostly written for students who do not qualify for IEPs. This was not it's original purpose.

Obviously it won't work in every situation, and like I said I need to do a little more research on it But could be a good starting point for some.
I work for a county gov't. My form was a "reasonable accommodation request". Doctor's had to list reasons for accomodations...ie time off due to pain etc. It was flat out denied, despite our lawyer stepping in several times on it.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #1806
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,382

Welp, I did it tonight. I applied for pension disability retirement from my gov't job. Next step is to get a least 2 dr forms stating i'm fully disabled. This should not be a problem I hope. I also know one who will write supporting evidence for my mental health issues. Fingers crossed.

We put in for an Aug 1, 2013 retirement date. They say it can take up to 8 months for approval, but I'm afraid they'll fire me before then. So here goes nothing.

As a result I'm stressed out and my body hurts so much I can't sleep.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #1807
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I work for a county gov't. My form was a "reasonable accommodation request". Doctor's had to list reasons for accomodations...ie time off due to pain etc. It was flat out denied, despite our lawyer stepping in several times on it.
Wow! That's BS!!! I'm sorry
__________________


Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #1808
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122
Welp, I did it tonight. I applied for pension disability retirement from my gov't job. Next step is to get a least 2 dr forms stating i'm fully disabled. This should not be a problem I hope. I also know one who will write supporting evidence for my mental health issues. Fingers crossed.

We put in for an Aug 1, 2013 retirement date. They say it can take up to 8 months for approval, but I'm afraid they'll fire me before then. So here goes nothing.

As a result I'm stressed out and my body hurts so much I can't sleep.
They may try but you can remind them if they do they will be looking at a discrimination lawsuit. You would win and they would have to pay legal fees on top of everything else. They count on people not knowing their rights and giving up. Remind them and you should be fine. Sucks though. Who needs all this stress? You should see if you qualify for ssi. You can work a few hrs and collect and you can get a reduced amount if you have private disability insurance. I don't know specifics since I didn't have insurance. I would contact and ssi lawyer for next step.

Hang in there..For me the transition from worker to disabled was the worst. The psychology of it all is tough. I identified myself through my work and had to give up my dreams of furthering my education too People think we all want to be out but most of us are type A and need to work to feel whole. Add to it the two years without income while waiting, needing to go to ssi court and get my congressman involved and it seriously stunk. Now at least FMS is recognized as a disability, it wasn't back then.

(((Hugs)))) from pa
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #1809
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
So glad you got a better schedule! Hopefully its as helpful as you expect it to be.

I've been up/down. Weather really impacting my energy levels one hr I'm dragging next minute feeling much better. My back locked up for several days last week for no apparent reason. I was actually feeling a bit better but couldn't move . Took flexerill for several nights that knocked me out a bit but did fix my back and jaw pain I had been dealing w for nearly 3 months improved greatly too must have been some form of tmj. Just dragging myself from one kids activity to another until school got out last Tuesday. Now trying to figure out a summer routine that will get me ahead since I shouldn't have a post vacation crash as we don't go on a vaca this year. DD8 is going to dance nationals in two weeks and DS/dh have big week trip to Gettysburg with scouts so DH has no more days left and our cash is limited too. Hoping to take another cruise next june since prices haven't gone up much since opening or maybe 2015.

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all!
Thank, Bonnie. I ended up only taking the Flexeril for a couple of nights because I couldn't stand the hang-over feeling in the mornings. Blah. The doctor gaved me Flexeril in place of Soma, and I have never had a hang-over from that, so if I need to take something I'll go back to Soma. Coincidently, I started on Soma because of jaw pain, too. I'm glad that your back pain is better this week

And you know, I'm kind of glad that we don't have a big vacation for this year for the exact reason you mentioned. I feel like I'm still trying to get myself (pain, fatigue, etc) leveled off before doing anything that will cause a crash!



Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
Hi SeaSpray!

A 504 plan is a legal document that was created for employees with disabilities. It states agreed upon accommodations that your employer will make for you as a person with disabilities.

As a public school employee I have seen them mostly written for students who do not qualify for IEPs. This was not it's original purpose.

Obviously it won't work in every situation, and like I said I need to do a little more research on it But could be a good starting point for some.
Thanks for the explaination

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I work for a county gov't. My form was a "reasonable accommodation request". Doctor's had to list reasons for accomodations...ie time off due to pain etc. It was flat out denied, despite our lawyer stepping in several times on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
Welp, I did it tonight. I applied for pension disability retirement from my gov't job. Next step is to get a least 2 dr forms stating i'm fully disabled. This should not be a problem I hope. I also know one who will write supporting evidence for my mental health issues. Fingers crossed.

We put in for an Aug 1, 2013 retirement date. They say it can take up to 8 months for approval, but I'm afraid they'll fire me before then. So here goes nothing.

As a result I'm stressed out and my body hurts so much I can't sleep.
I'm sorry that you're so stressed I hope that you get approval sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
They may try but you can remind them if they do they will be looking at a discrimination lawsuit. You would win and they would have to pay legal fees on top of everything else. They count on people not knowing their rights and giving up. Remind them and you should be fine. Sucks though. Who needs all this stress? You should see if you qualify for ssi. You can work a few hrs and collect and you can get a reduced amount if you have private disability insurance. I don't know specifics since I didn't have insurance. I would contact and ssi lawyer for next step.

Hang in there..For me the transition from worker to disabled was the worst. The psychology of it all is tough. I identified myself through my work and had to give up my dreams of furthering my education too People think we all want to be out but most of us are type A and need to work to feel whole. Add to it the two years without income while waiting, needing to go to ssi court and get my congressman involved and it seriously stunk. Now at least FMS is recognized as a disability, it wasn't back then.

(((Hugs)))) from pa
It's funny that you say that because even though I planned for and chose to be a SAHM for 18 years, now that I've been working for the past 7 years, I don't like feeling physically as if I don't have a choice.

Currently I'm working 25 hours per week, and now that I'm on day shift I hope that my quality of life will improve too. So far I'm very happy about my schedule change.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

































url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]















































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #1810
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
They may try but you can remind them if they do they will be looking at a discrimination lawsuit. You would win and they would have to pay legal fees on top of everything else. They count on people not knowing their rights and giving up. Remind them and you should be fine. Sucks though. Who needs all this stress? You should see if you qualify for ssi. You can work a few hrs and collect and you can get a reduced amount if you have private disability insurance. I don't know specifics since I didn't have insurance. I would contact and ssi lawyer for next step.

Hang in there..For me the transition from worker to disabled was the worst. The psychology of it all is tough. I identified myself through my work and had to give up my dreams of furthering my education too People think we all want to be out but most of us are type A and need to work to feel whole. Add to it the two years without income while waiting, needing to go to ssi court and get my congressman involved and it seriously stunk. Now at least FMS is recognized as a disability, it wasn't back then.

(((Hugs)))) from pa
Thanks for the kind words. My lawyer suggested against ssi as I have pension with a state gov't from my local govt job so I'm eligible for disability retirement thru that which includes continued coverage of my health insurance and I can work another job without limitation on pay. If I go over what I'm making now they just reduce the disability retirement pay to match it. I won't go back to full time, but I'll have the option. I just have to get them to approve it first.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #1811
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122

Thanks for the kind words. My lawyer suggested against ssi as I have pension with a state gov't from my local govt job so I'm eligible for disability retirement thru that which includes continued coverage of my health insurance and I can work another job without limitation on pay. If I go over what I'm making now they just reduce the disability retirement pay to match it. I won't go back to full time, but I'll have the option. I just have to get them to approve it first.
Wow sounds like a fantastic benefit! Definitely better than ssi. Still no matter what the benefit companies/gov inclination is to deny at least a couple of times. Denials of benefits are a easy way to save money because so many never go through appeals process . Its purely a numbers game. Try not to take it personaly if they set up roadblocks...I about went insane with the ssi process. The judge was so mad once I got to court he told the other side to sit down and be quiet because what they were suggesting was so ridiculous. It was nice to hear but getting there almost killed me. Try not to stress yourself during the process.
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #1812
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

My daughter will be 10 end of this month. I haven't worked since the day we found out I was pregnant. When I was getting ready to get it all back together and find something (cause I really need Disney!) This all started happening to me.

Now I couldn't get a job, because I can't stay awake 8 hours at a time. I can't get disability, because most of my jobs were 1099 and I had no retirement disability. No SSI. Nada
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #1813
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
My daughter will be 10 end of this month. I haven't worked since the day we found out I was pregnant. When I was getting ready to get it all back together and find something (cause I really need Disney!) This all started happening to me.

Now I couldn't get a job, because I can't stay awake 8 hours at a time. I can't get disability, because most of my jobs were 1099 and I had no retirement disability. No SSI. Nada
Oh that stinks. . I remember when i went back to work it was a few years before i was eligible for disability too. There is no protection for stay at home parents even if we did work for several years before staying home.

Last year after being on unemployment for 10 months i wasnt sure that id be able to learn a new job for the same reason you mentioned and also because of not being able to concentrate. I still dont know how i made it through the two weeks of training but somehow i did. 7 months later and ive already been given a "verbal' warning for my absences. :/
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig RobbyMushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

































url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]















































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #1814
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,382

Oh the dreaded absence warnings.

I get employers not liking that we are out, but it's not like I'm staying home and living it up. I'm home because I'm in pain, my head hurts, I'm sick with something yet again. I just wish fibro was more accepted so that our requests don't seem so outrageous to them.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #1815
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Oh that stinks. . I remember when i went back to work it was a few years before i was eligible for disability too. There is no protection for stay at home parents even if we did work for several years before staying home.

Last year after being on unemployment for 10 months i wasnt sure that id be able to learn a new job for the same reason you mentioned and also because of not being able to concentrate. I still dont know how i made it through the two weeks of training but somehow i did. 7 months later and ive already been given a "verbal' warning for my absences. :/
That totally stinks. I don't even think I could do it right now anyway. Just talked to the oncologist because I'm having some side effects from the Tamoxifen (for the breast cancer) so she told me stop taking it immediately and call the gyno and tell him I need an ultrasound. I called today and they can get me in tomorrow. For some reason that really scared me. Probably because they are usually not able to get you in for a week.

I counted yesterday. Since I had surgery on March 28th, I have had 37 doctor visits. Some of them have been 2 or 3 different ones in a day. I'm ready to just say enough! already.
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 06:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 08:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: