Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #1786
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031
Hello everybody! Just got back from WDW last night so spent most of the day today sleeping. Haha. Everything hurts pretty bad but it was worth it! Had so much fun the last 4 days during my first WDW trip! Unfortunately there was a lot of rain and we didn't get to finish everything in Epcot I used a cane to get around (Which is why my wrists are killing me!) the parks and received some weird looks every once in a while. I went to city hall on our first day at the MK and got a guest assisstance pass. This allowed us to use the fastpass return on most of the rides so we ended up not waiting more than 30 minutes for any ride in any park. It was great :D Went through half a bottle of ibuprofen and about 1/4 of my vicodin. Haha. Not gonna lie... the alcohol helped too. Lol! Got a Grand Marnier Orange Slush at Epcot in Paris. It was tasty

Seaspray I am very sorry for your loss Before our trip one of my cousins passed away. It was a big surprise because he was only 47 and the family is taking it very hard.

Deerez Momma is right... Fibro sucks! But I hope you have a wonderful trip! How long will you be staying?

Wishing everyone a painfree day!
Glad you had a good trip. I agree on the alchohol. I drank every day on our cruise (something I had never done before) and it helped a lot ..very tasty muscle relaxant . Unfortunatly I drive my kids nearly every day so no drinking for me . How did ridmax work..is it still accurate? The gap didn't use to effect FP but they were liberal with rules even last fall. What is different now?

Thanks!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #1787
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,999
DISboards Moderator

Katrina..

rosanab1031.. Glad you had a good trip. I always am so exhausted after. It takes about a week to catch up..

SeaSpray: My thoughts remain with you and your family.

Hi Tigg, thanks for asking, how are you?

Same thing with my mother. She has pretty much given up, and lives in bed with a diaper

I saw my Dr about my shoulder. Well, I was told the partial tear will heal and probably has begun to do so. The full tear is Significant, as bad as what puts baseball pitchers out of a career. The Ortho said surgery won't work at this point, it would be a 6-8 surgery, and he isn''t confident. SO, now we start 6 weeks of slow therapy, and from there try cortisone, and hoping by then surgery will be possible.

I was like "OH, I didn't know it was THAT bad" .. DR was sooo nice. He stressed, and said I can't stress enough this injury isn't common, isn't easy to repair, and it is a LOOOOONG road. It can be years. So we must take the slow approach, and there is no quick fix. I heard that about 20 times.. Was recommended to me to ease up at home with cooking and cleaning. HAH, that isn't easy, but I will try. It is just a busy time of year, my son's graduation, and worrying about that, and $$$$$$$$$ as well... Wednesday I go back to pysio with my prescription, and he said if they don't have the means to help, he mentioned as it is a Sports Injury not all therapists are well trained. Then I would go to McGill University Sports Medicine.

Also said Morphine isn't enough. He prescribed a patch to be worn 24/7, and it is replaced after each week, along with celebrex as an anti in flamm.. The kicker..the patches are 200$ a month. THANK GOD for my husband's insurance, they cover at 100%.. BUT they didn't have it on hand, the pharmacist said they must order it, and it should be in on Friday.. Hope so, as I am on NOTHING now, and in pain..

Sorry you asked .. Just a long response.. As for the rest of my results, with my brain malformation reportedly back, that will await the neurosurgeon in July.. I will attempt to fix this, as I need my arm..

Take care everyone.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #1788
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,400

Thanks for the responses everyone! After I wrote my question about disability I went home to find a letter from work saying on top of my upcoming 11 day suspension for missed work they are now doing a desk audit to determine if I'm fufilling my duties. I am done. I can't take the stress of it anymore and their negative attitudes towards me. I understand their frustration about my missed work, but the cold heartedness is unforgiveable. We are starting the retirement disability paperwork tonight and hopefully get approved before they find a way to fire me.

I feel like a failure for this, but at the same time I know my health and happiness will be better off for it. Grr fibro!!! We need a cure.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas Nov 2013 Queen Mary & Disneyland
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #1789
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone! After I wrote my question about disability I went home to find a letter from work saying on top of my upcoming 11 day suspension for missed work they are now doing a desk audit to determine if I'm fufilling my duties. I am done. I can't take the stress of it anymore and their negative attitudes towards me. I understand their frustration about my missed work, but the cold heartedness is unforgiveable. We are starting the retirement disability paperwork tonight and hopefully get approved before they find a way to fire me.

I feel like a failure for this, but at the same time I know my health and happiness will be better off for it. Grr fibro!!! We need a cure.
Don't feel bad. My Dr put me out when I got a note from my boss that I was in serious danger because I was not managing my time well. The complaint was regarding a day I was in the er and had to cancel my counseling sessions with a troubled client and missed a paperwork deadline. I don't know about you but I don't tend to plan my er visits 7 days in advance

Have you applied for Family medical leave act (FMLA)? If not do so today if you can. It protects you for a certain period of time..I think 6 months and freezes their ability to fire you. My husband is a risk manager and deals with this all the time. He is currently using fmla for his lyme disease and has used it in the past for times when I was more or less bedridden around yr 3 after son was born and yr 3 after DD8 was born. Both times my remission seriously went down at 6months then total wipe out at three years.

Hang in there. We have all been where you are at one time or another
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #1790
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Don't feel bad. My Dr put me out when I got a note from my boss that I was in serious danger because I was not managing my time well. The complaint was regarding a day I was in the er and had to cancel my counseling sessions with a troubled client and missed a paperwork deadline. I don't know about you but I don't tend to plan my er visits 7 days in advance

Have you applied for Family medical leave act (FMLA)? If not do so today if you can. It protects you for a certain period of time..I think 6 months and freezes their ability to fire you. My husband is a risk manager and deals with this all the time. He is currently using fmla for his lyme disease and has used it in the past for times when I was more or less bedridden around yr 3 after son was born and yr 3 after DD8 was born. Both times my remission seriously went down at 6months then total wipe out at three years.

Hang in there. We have all been where you are at one time or another
I"ve used up my fmla over the last year thanks to 2 bouts of bronchitis and 1 with pneumonia plus my normal bad fibro days. My attorney says it still protects me, but I don't want to risk it.

It's just so frustrating, i want to work, but my body just doesn't agree.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas Nov 2013 Queen Mary & Disneyland
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1791
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122

I"ve used up my fmla over the last year thanks to 2 bouts of bronchitis and 1 with pneumonia plus my normal bad fibro days. My attorney says it still protects me, but I don't want to risk it.

It's just so frustrating, i want to work, but my body just doesn't agree.
I know. SORRY ((((HUGS))))
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #1792
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,400

Thanks everyone again!
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas Nov 2013 Queen Mary & Disneyland
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #1793
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Everything is just swimming along here, no changes. I go for my last visit with plastic surgeon A on Monday and my first visit with plastic surgeon B on Wed. I'm sure there will be no great amount of progress made at this point before my vacation, so I'll be able to count on one, if not two, surgeries in Sept./Oct.


How was your week?


Welcome Katrina, sorry about your situation. that stinks@!
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #1794
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Same thing with my mother. She has pretty much given up, and lives in bed with a diaper

I saw my Dr about my shoulder. Well, I was told the partial tear will heal and probably has begun to do so. The full tear is Significant, as bad as what puts baseball pitchers out of a career. The Ortho said surgery won't work at this point, it would be a 6-8 surgery, and he isn''t confident. SO, now we start 6 weeks of slow therapy, and from there try cortisone, and hoping by then surgery will be possible.

I was like "OH, I didn't know it was THAT bad" .. DR was sooo nice. He stressed, and said I can't stress enough this injury isn't common, isn't easy to repair, and it is a LOOOOONG road. It can be years. So we must take the slow approach, and there is no quick fix. I heard that about 20 times.. Was recommended to me to ease up at home with cooking and cleaning. HAH, that isn't easy, but I will try. It is just a busy time of year, my son's graduation, and worrying about that, and $$$$$$$$$ as well... Wednesday I go back to pysio with my prescription, and he said if they don't have the means to help, he mentioned as it is a Sports Injury not all therapists are well trained. Then I would go to McGill University Sports Medicine.

Also said Morphine isn't enough. He prescribed a patch to be worn 24/7, and it is replaced after each week, along with celebrex as an anti in flamm.. The kicker..the patches are 200$ a month. THANK GOD for my husband's insurance, they cover at 100%.. BUT they didn't have it on hand, the pharmacist said they must order it, and it should be in on Friday.. Hope so, as I am on NOTHING now, and in pain..

Sorry you asked .. Just a long response.. As for the rest of my results, with my brain malformation reportedly back, that will await the neurosurgeon in July.. I will attempt to fix this, as I need my arm..

Take care everyone.
I'm sorry about your mom, mommasita. I can understand why you're worried about her.

How are the pain patch and Celebrex working so far? I'm sorry that you have so much pain. I hope that you get some relief from the medication and physio, even though that will be a slow road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone! After I wrote my question about disability I went home to find a letter from work saying on top of my upcoming 11 day suspension for missed work they are now doing a desk audit to determine if I'm fufilling my duties. I am done. I can't take the stress of it anymore and their negative attitudes towards me. I understand their frustration about my missed work, but the cold heartedness is unforgiveable. We are starting the retirement disability paperwork tonight and hopefully get approved before they find a way to fire me.

I feel like a failure for this, but at the same time I know my health and happiness will be better off for it. Grr fibro!!! We need a cure.
You're not a failure! But I understand how you feel because I have a hard time admitting how bad I'm getting. I needed my DH to go to the doctor's office with me, because I knew that I wouldn't stress enough to him the degree of my pain/sleepiness/etc.

There are days when I wish that I was already out of work on disability, and then there are days where I don't want to consider not working (I only work part time). If only I could work for a company who didn't mind me taking days off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Don't feel bad. My Dr put me out when I got a note from my boss that I was in serious danger because I was not managing my time well. The complaint was regarding a day I was in the er and had to cancel my counseling sessions with a troubled client and missed a paperwork deadline. I don't know about you but I don't tend to plan my er visits 7 days in advance

Have you applied for Family medical leave act (FMLA)? If not do so today if you can. It protects you for a certain period of time..I think 6 months and freezes their ability to fire you. My husband is a risk manager and deals with this all the time. He is currently using fmla for his lyme disease and has used it in the past for times when I was more or less bedridden around yr 3 after son was born and yr 3 after DD8 was born. Both times my remission seriously went down at 6months then total wipe out at three years.

Hang in there. We have all been where you are at one time or another
I looked in to FMLA and apparently you have to be an employee of that company for at least a year. I just started there last November, so I'm only 6 1/2 months in.

Now, once I'm there a year, how do you go about applying for FMLA? And some of you mentioned using up the time allowed; is there a set number of days you can use it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I"ve used up my fmla over the last year thanks to 2 bouts of bronchitis and 1 with pneumonia plus my normal bad fibro days. My attorney says it still protects me, but I don't want to risk it.

It's just so frustrating, i want to work, but my body just doesn't agree.
I feel the same exact way. It's not that I love working (I was a SAHM for 18 years and loved it), but we've just finished paying for DS's college and it'd be nice to earn some money to keep for ourselves. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Hi Ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Everything is just swimming along here, no changes. I go for my last visit with plastic surgeon A on Monday and my first visit with plastic surgeon B on Wed. I'm sure there will be no great amount of progress made at this point before my vacation, so I'll be able to count on one, if not two, surgeries in Sept./Oct.
Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgeries. I hope you enjoy your vacation.





As for me, today was my BIL's memorial service. It's been a very stressful few weeks, and especially this past week and today. And tonight my body is letting me know it.

Well, in the words of Scarlett O'Hara: Tomorrow is another day.

(Hoping we will all feel at least a little better tomorrow).
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #1795
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,999
DISboards Moderator

Katrina: I am so sorry. You are not a failure... You never asked for any of this, and you simply ARE doing the best you can. Having said that, I know many of can relate to the work situation. Sending you lots of hugs

Carrie: Such a warrior. Lots of thoughts and prayers.. Glad you have an upcoming trip..

Seaspray: I am once again sorry. That must have be so so difficult I can't imagine the emotions, and pain.. I hope you can relax a little bit. Lots of gentle hugs

Tigg: How are you and DH doing?

I only received my patch today, and put it on after supper. They say the first one may take a bit. Here is hoping by next week I have some relief. Going to pysio Wed with my prescription .. Hoping for the best..

Love and gentle hugs everyone

PS Sorry If I forgot anyone..
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #1796
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Glad you had a good trip. I agree on the alchohol. I drank every day on our cruise (something I had never done before) and it helped a lot ..very tasty muscle relaxant . Unfortunatly I drive my kids nearly every day so no drinking for me . How did ridmax work..is it still accurate? The gap didn't use to effect FP but they were liberal with rules even last fall. What is different now?

Thanks!
SURE IS! I don't drink very often either but a drink here and there during our trip helped with my fibro issues.

RideMax worked out okay when we used it for the Magic Kingdom. But as I mentioned I had a guest assistance pass so the times didn't stay very accurate because we walked right onto most things
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #1797
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Katrina..

rosanab1031.. Glad you had a good trip. I always am so exhausted after. It takes about a week to catch up..

SeaSpray: My thoughts remain with you and your family.

Hi Tigg, thanks for asking, how are you?

Same thing with my mother. She has pretty much given up, and lives in bed with a diaper

I saw my Dr about my shoulder. Well, I was told the partial tear will heal and probably has begun to do so. The full tear is Significant, as bad as what puts baseball pitchers out of a career. The Ortho said surgery won't work at this point, it would be a 6-8 surgery, and he isn''t confident. SO, now we start 6 weeks of slow therapy, and from there try cortisone, and hoping by then surgery will be possible.

I was like "OH, I didn't know it was THAT bad" .. DR was sooo nice. He stressed, and said I can't stress enough this injury isn't common, isn't easy to repair, and it is a LOOOOONG road. It can be years. So we must take the slow approach, and there is no quick fix. I heard that about 20 times.. Was recommended to me to ease up at home with cooking and cleaning. HAH, that isn't easy, but I will try. It is just a busy time of year, my son's graduation, and worrying about that, and $$$$$$$$$ as well... Wednesday I go back to pysio with my prescription, and he said if they don't have the means to help, he mentioned as it is a Sports Injury not all therapists are well trained. Then I would go to McGill University Sports Medicine.

Also said Morphine isn't enough. He prescribed a patch to be worn 24/7, and it is replaced after each week, along with celebrex as an anti in flamm.. The kicker..the patches are 200$ a month. THANK GOD for my husband's insurance, they cover at 100%.. BUT they didn't have it on hand, the pharmacist said they must order it, and it should be in on Friday.. Hope so, as I am on NOTHING now, and in pain..

Sorry you asked .. Just a long response.. As for the rest of my results, with my brain malformation reportedly back, that will await the neurosurgeon in July.. I will attempt to fix this, as I need my arm..

Take care everyone.
Thanks Momma! Yeah I am still in recovery mode. Been sleeping most of the day away. Lol. My allergies also are pretty bad again since coming back. I think the humidity, as gross as it was, really helped my allergies. Or maybe I am just allergic to California. Lol
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #1798
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone! After I wrote my question about disability I went home to find a letter from work saying on top of my upcoming 11 day suspension for missed work they are now doing a desk audit to determine if I'm fufilling my duties. I am done. I can't take the stress of it anymore and their negative attitudes towards me. I understand their frustration about my missed work, but the cold heartedness is unforgiveable. We are starting the retirement disability paperwork tonight and hopefully get approved before they find a way to fire me.

I feel like a failure for this, but at the same time I know my health and happiness will be better off for it. Grr fibro!!! We need a cure.
No reason to feel like a failure! You gave it your all for as long as you could. But sometimes our bodies will only let us do so much. People still don't have a real understanding of what Fibromyalgia is and they seem to just think we are lazy and irresponsible. If only they understood what it takes just to get out of bed in the morning! UGH! Frusturating I know. Hopefully someday there will be more understanding and compassion for what we are going through.

I'm going to be looking into a 504 Plan at some point. It does offer some protection but I definitely need to do more research on them.
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #1799
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,400

I know that i'm not a failure, I tried really I did. I just hate that fibro is so ignored and unknown. We need people working towards a cure.

I don't turn 40 until Nov. I shouldn't have to retire, but I'm being forced into it. It's just so frustrating as you all know. Such is the life of a fibromite.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas Nov 2013 Queen Mary & Disneyland
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #1800
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I know that i'm not a failure, I tried really I did. I just hate that fibro is so ignored and unknown. We need people working towards a cure.

I don't turn 40 until Nov. I shouldn't have to retire, but I'm being forced into it. It's just so frustrating as you all know. Such is the life of a fibromite.
So true!




Well, I went in to work today and found out that my schedul change request has been approved! Starting this week I will no longer be working the evening shift. I've been working 6pm - midnight, but starting tomorrow I will be working 9am - 2pm. So, this is one less hour per day, PLUS I will be home in the afternoon and evening, which DH is extremely happy about. I am too. I always get up early in the morning with DH anyway, so getting to work for 9am will be a piece of cake (I hope! LOL).

A LOT of people work at my company during the day, and the last time that I went in for a day shift, I had to park a million miles away; so believe when I say that my Handicap Parking placard cannot arrive too soon, now that I'll be going there every day from now on! Oh, I still have Thursdays off, and will still be working Sunday afternoons, which I honestly don't mind.

*whew* I hope this going to be a better schedule for me.



I hope everyone is feeling ok today.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*












































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 06:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 08:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: