Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #166
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Can I join your group??

Diane.
Hi Diane and welcome! I haven't been around as much as I should be because I've been going to Disneyland too much--two weekends in a row (a friend was visiting from Texas--we stayed at the GCH!), she stayed at my house during the week, and then after she left on last Monday (the 21st) I went to the grand opening of the new Villas at Grand Californian on Wed. the 23rd (which was beautiful--so excited--we stayed in a studio). I came home with a cold and ear infection and backache from the beds! LOL

So I am just now returning to the "land of the living"--other than the back issues haven't been having too much trouble lately but we are supposed to have drizzle and rain by Monday so time will tell.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Cheryl

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #167
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Now class lets all say the word of the week "TIRED"!

Between Girl Scout Weekend and everthing else I'm tired, tired, tired! Did make it to my first Girl scout sleepover in three years! Found out two days before either I drove or I couldn't go there was't enough room. After a full day in bed and an evening working it out so that I would have an adult in my van I drove and got to go. Other moms car only held 5 and she smoked..which would have killed me. She rode in my car (no smoking) and agreed to drive home if I couldnt make it..problem solved. Miss the days when I would have just drove wtih abandon!

Toocheri, what a great reason to be off the boards! I have never been to California or Disneyland hope to get there some day.

Tinker'n'Fun Sorry you are having such a hard time. I put a stop to all the medical intervetions after two years. They never helped and always seemed to cause complications. I cant imagine having fibro , the spine stuff and lung complications. My MIL had COPD so I know how hard those lung things are to manage. You are one tough cookie! I have found that everyone here has a good idea of where you are comming from and the things that we dont understand we are willing to listen and learn! We're all pulling for you!

Have you ever tried Garlic suppliments for the stomach problems? I had severe acid reflux when I first got sick. They had me on 3x the recommended dose of Zantac with no luck. I heard about garlic and figured ..at least it can hurt me. After about 6 months my reflux was gone. Never had it again. That's when I went more suppliments less meds. Just a thought.

Well my son's 8th birthday is this W/E and I have a 3d Star Wars helmet cake to create. Its always a little nerve racking until its done! Wish me luck!
Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #168
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

do you use a non smelly garlic supplement?
Indiana Rose Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #169
tiggspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Rose Lee View Post
do you use a non smelly garlic supplement?
I use garlic gel caps with parsley. Parsley is supposed to eliminate smell. I prefer the gels becuase I'm concerned that powder will be less effective. I beleive when I first tried this back 13 yrs ago I could only find powder caps. The theory behind the garlic is that it is an antibacterial agent so if you have issues with bad bacteria it will kill them. Doesnt hurt that its good for your heart too!
My DD and DH have stomach problems too and find that yo-plus helps quite a bit. Activia and others have not. Yo-plus has fiber too dont know if thats the difference for them.

Here's to happy tummy's

Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #170
tiggspring

Hey that was my first Quote post!! It only took me 3+ years to figure out how to do that. Gotta love the keenly observant fibro brain

Old 10-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #171
Indiana Rose Lee

LOL, thank you for the info, and congrats on your first quote.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #172
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

have lots of catching up to do!!

Well I have missed you all, and made it through this week of school!! I just had another research paper that kicked my butt. It was so frustrating, hope I get a good mark. It shoulda been an easy one but for some reason I made it difficult on myself.

Well after rushing out the door to school on morning and having a flat, and my paper and the rain I am again sore, sore, sore, and have a 7 hour day of cpr training tomorrow. I am dreading it, cause once I am down on the floor, I won't be able to stand back up again. Seriously it is difficult cause of the weight and pain.

AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY ELLIPTICAL PUT TOGETHER My friend came last weekend to help me and a part doesn't fit, so I have spent the week playing phone tag with the part dept. (they are closed when I get home) and today booked an appt for them to come NEXT FRI

So I will catch up on everyone's reading and just thought I would say my new Xlarge heating pad is my new boyfriend. I will never spend another night without it.

But someone here said they own a heated mattress pad?? Does it get really warm? How is it?? I think I want one of those.

Hope everyone is having a good day and has a good weekend and pain free vibes (or as close as possible) I will check in tomorrow to catch up and read.

This is me in my MIND.

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #173
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

But someone here said they own a heated mattress pad?? Does it get really warm? How is it?? I think I want one of those.

The heated matress pads are wonderful. Worth the investment. Having a really hard time forcing myself to do stuff these days. So achy.... Just want to sit and be a lump but really need to get more exercise.

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #174
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the response. I think I will be putting one on my christmas list. I still have not had time to catch the thread up, so perhaps this long weekend. I still have one more paper due on Wed.

But definately a heated mattress pad, would make my life wonderful. Although I am not sure I would want to leave my bed this winter. It is only fall and I am so achy and sore I just want to be a lump too. Ha Ha well I already am a lump, a rather round one, if I might say so. he he But hopefully the treadmill will be put together this friday I have a service guy coming to replace one of the parts, the screw does not fit the holes.

Hope everyone has the best day they can.

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #175
Indiana Rose Lee

LOL, your heating pads sound so nice, but I am also fighting perimenopause and hot flashes from the savella!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #176
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 12-22-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #177
Indiana Rose Lee

tiggspring, how did your cake turn out?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #178
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Hi Y'all; just wanted to check in w/ ya. Pain is tolerable; thankfully it doesn't get cold here except for a few weeks, but pretty achy due to a lot of rain (although we're in a major draught, so I'm ok w/ the achiness LOL).

I'm under a fair bit of stress at the minute which isn't helping; DH has thankfully kept his job so far, but evryone had to take a 25% pay cut over a year ago; couple that with 3 extended hospitalizations (2 for 1 kid, 1 for DH) and the fact that most of the kids therapies aren't covered... well, suffice it to say, we went from being ok financially to being 25k in debt. I've been seriously looking for work for 3 months, but so far haven't found anything. It looks like I'm going to have to go full time just to find something. At least I interviewed yesterday for a job that might work; it's a computer job at a nurses salary working 10-7 and I can work from home after 6 months. At this point I'm hoping I get it as we could be debt free (except for mortgage) again after about 6 months. DH says that if I want to quit after that it's ok. I'm just so frustrated; there are a lot of jobs I know I can't physically do, heck even the one I used to love (I was a Hospice nurse, but can't lift that much anymore or manage being on call through the night)... I guess I'm just having a pity party moment, so I appreciate you indulging me and I promise I'll get up now, put on my big girl pants, and get back to appreciating the fact that I'm still here.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #179
TinkerBean
Earning My Ears and Losing My Mind
That Shucks

Vent away - that's what we are here for. I hope you find something soon.

Rhonda

Me DH DS 13 DD 10
Thanks Mazda
"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity” Albert Einstein
Hans Christian Anderson, David Byrne, Albert Einstein, Michelangelo, Thomas Jefferson, Alan Turing, Andy Warhol, Bill Gates, Temple Grandin [and DS Max] are all said to have had Aspergers’ Syndrome. (wikipedia, 2007)
http://mominmedford.blogspot.com
read about the adventures of navigating the school system when you have a child with Asperger's...
TinkerBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #180
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
Thanks for the insight on the garlic, I will check it out. The weather is changing here, so aches and pains are here for a while. My internal clock is backwards right now and I am up all night, sleep til noon. I am starting to work on that tonight. Off the computer in a little bit. Hopefully asleep by 1 or 2, and I am getting up at 7 to take DH to work. This will give me the car to go out tomorrow and hopefully put me to sleep even earlier tomorrow night... Yikes that's a confusing post, sorry....

Hope everyone is having a good week. Gonna google the garlic now!
I am on the same mixed up sleeping schedule! My DH complains about it as he is tired early and we never get to spend time together. I can't tell you how much better I felt afer reading you post. I am not alone and it's not just me! THANK YOU!!!!!! I hope you have success with turining things around, I have trouble with that. I seem to get my best sleep from 7 Am to 11:30 AM

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
EDuke98080 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: