Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #1756
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Momma,

Thanks for the b12 suggestion. My DH has been taking ribose supplement ordered by Dr treating his lyme-fibro. For the past two days I have taken b12 liquid sublingual and ribose for energy conversion/matabolism. I'm down 4lbs. . I don't know if its the supplements or my body cycling out of migraine/fatigue mode which always causes weight loss or just a monthly fluctuation. Whatever it is I'll take it. Hopefully its the supplements because then I will lose more.

In doing some research on b12 and weight loss this am I found a good site on Fibro treatment and self management. Thought it would be good for our Newbies and those of us who are always looking for something else to take the edge off.

http://www.fibromyalgia-treatment.com/

Pain free vibes and pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1757
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

PS:

Momma, you asked me about my thyroid. I have had a second, third opinion and they always say "within normal limits" My dh new dr says that means nothing because there is another hormone the will block the conversion of t3/t4 making it like you don't have much at all. Problem is most drs won't test for it. It is one on the many odd things she tests for that caused my dh to need 20 viles of blood drawn at one time.

He is feeling guilty and I have to admit I'm feeling a bit resentful that he gets to go to her but I don't. We just don't have money. Truth be told I he must get treatment because if he stops working we lose everything. Sad state when there are treatments out there that help a lot but because they are not Big pharma treatments they get no attention and no payouts by insurance.

Ok vent over its a beautiful day and I plan to enjoy it. As Pooh would say TaTa for now.
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #1758
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
PS:

Momma, you asked me about my thyroid. I have had a second, third opinion and they always say "within normal limits" My dh new dr says that means nothing because there is another hormone the will block the conversion of t3/t4 making it like you don't have much at all. Problem is most drs won't test for it. It is one on the many odd things she tests for that caused my dh to need 20 viles of blood drawn at one time.

He is feeling guilty and I have to admit I'm feeling a bit resentful that he gets to go to her but I don't. We just don't have money. Truth be told I he must get treatment because if he stops working we lose everything. Sad state when there are treatments out there that help a lot but because they are not Big pharma treatments they get no attention and no payouts by insurance.

Ok vent over its a beautiful day and I plan to enjoy it. As Pooh would say TaTa for now.
Sorry Tigg! Hope you find someone just as good that you can afford. Totally understand the money thing though. I can't afford to go get all the treatments I need on a regular basis But we make do with what we got right?
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #1759
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

Sorry tigg, i am going to join rosanab in this and just hope that everything works out for you somehow. I'll say a little prayer, send a little faith, hope and pixie dust your way
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #1760
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,909
DISboards Moderator

I tend to forget about the difference in the medicare. I wish it were different

I've been quiet.. Just all around a little down.. Stupid shoulder was better, and this week has been horrible..
Not sure if I posted this, my Mother "tried" to come over for Mother's Day supper, never made it up my stairs. 911 was called, 100$ in meats almost wasted. We ate what we could. I sound cold, but it is simply her overusing her meds again. She is still there, I have been 3 times. Her husband refuses to listen, and was downright nasty to me.. Now they are trying to wean her off, but she will go back home, and it will be the same old.

I see the Dr about my shoulder and what we are doing June 5th.. Everytime I read my results I get more confused. My Rehab is angry saying we should be doing something, so I called my Dr, who says that he made the appt when he did so I could rest my shoulder, and the swelling is so bad it needs to go down first. Ugh.

Well enough about that. My son graduates HS June 25th, so we need to go suit shopping. I keep putting that off, like I do so much lately. I need to feel better and get stuff done.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Freezing here all of a sudden and rain.. Well, summer will get here right?

Gentle hugs to everyone. Hope SeaSpray is ok.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #1761
SeaSpray


Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"
 
SeaSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,587

Hey everyone, sorry that I have been MIA.

I see that all of you have been going through some rough patches. HUGS to everyone

carrie: I'm sorry to hear about the infection and the tissue expander. I hope the infection clears up quickly, and I hope that your countdown to your trip goes quickly as well. But I hope the trip itself seems to last a good, long time.

tigg: I've never used a pedometer, but I have the same experience regarding calories in VS my weight. I've always chalked it up to having a bad metabolism. I don't know. All I know is that I don't eat enough to look like this. I always feel as if people think that if I exercised more and ate less, I'd be in no pain and not be overweight. Yeah, how I wish it were so simple. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check it out soon.

rosanab: I'm sorry for your frustrations. I know what you mean about doctors thinking that if we are managing to get through daily life, then we must be ok. They don't know, and sometimes I feel like they don't want to hear, that most days we are barely making it through, and hanging on by a thread.

mommasita: My DH has low B12 and has had injections, now he takes a supplement. I should try taking it too. I have to research to see how much is safe to take. Sorry about the drama with your mom. Congrats to your DS's graduation!!



As for me, I'm off the prednisone now, still taking the plaquenil, and all of my aches and pains are back. I guess the plaquenil is not as good as the prednisone, or just hasn't kicked in yet. My DS22 graduated from university 2 weeks ago, and that was nice. In the preceding couple of weeks I was quite weepy, and in retrospect I think it's because I was having a hard time with the fact that my baby was graduating college, and wondering where all the years have gone.

DH has had pain in his groin area and wouldn't go to the doctor until yesterday when he couldn't stand the pain anymore. It turns out that he has a hernia and will need to see a surgeon to get it repaired.

In the meantime, his only brother is dying in the hospital. He's only 47 and has cirrhosis of the liver. We saw him a few days ago, and then again today, and he physically looks so much worse. I really hope he pulls through. And if he does, he will have a very tough road ahead of him.

At work, I was given a "verbal warning" about the sick days that I've taken the last couple of months. I don't want to lose this job. Now that we've finished putting DS through college, we want to start adding to our retirement accounts, as well as the vacation we have planned for fall 2014. So now, as long as I don't take a sick day for the next 30 days, the verbal warning goes away. 30 days isn't a lot, but with all of my stupid ailments, it's easier said than done. But it's a challenge to me, and I'm going to try very hard to make it in to work every day. At least I have off this Monday for Memorial Day.

Basically I've been trying to distract myself with planning our vacation for next year, and I'm sorry that I didn't make the effort to stop in here. I do think of all of you every day though.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*













































































~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1762
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,909
DISboards Moderator

Oh Seaspray You are going through a lot.. Giant hugs to you..
Congrats on your DS.
Your poor DH.. Mine had this a while back and the surgery was very successful.
Wishing you the best for those 30 days. Being home for 4 years plus now, I try and think and it scares me..
I was just worried about you.. Lots of good thoughts for you BIL

gentle and warm hugs and thoughts all around.. I can't find my smilies tonight, but they are there.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #1763
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hey everyone, sorry that I have been MIA.

I see that all of you have been going through some rough patches. HUGS to everyone

carrie: I'm sorry to hear about the infection and the tissue expander. I hope the infection clears up quickly, and I hope that your countdown to your trip goes quickly as well. But I hope the trip itself seems to last a good, long time.

tigg: I've never used a pedometer, but I have the same experience regarding calories in VS my weight. I've always chalked it up to having a bad metabolism. I don't know. All I know is that I don't eat enough to look like this. I always feel as if people think that if I exercised more and ate less, I'd be in no pain and not be overweight. Yeah, how I wish it were so simple. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check it out soon.

rosanab: I'm sorry for your frustrations. I know what you mean about doctors thinking that if we are managing to get through daily life, then we must be ok. They don't know, and sometimes I feel like they don't want to hear, that most days we are barely making it through, and hanging on by a thread.

mommasita: My DH has low B12 and has had injections, now he takes a supplement. I should try taking it too. I have to research to see how much is safe to take. Sorry about the drama with your mom. Congrats to your DS's graduation!!

As for me, I'm off the prednisone now, still taking the plaquenil, and all of my aches and pains are back. I guess the plaquenil is not as good as the prednisone, or just hasn't kicked in yet. My DS22 graduated from university 2 weeks ago, and that was nice. In the preceding couple of weeks I was quite weepy, and in retrospect I think it's because I was having a hard time with the fact that my baby was graduating college, and wondering where all the years have gone.

DH has had pain in his groin area and wouldn't go to the doctor until yesterday when he couldn't stand the pain anymore. It turns out that he has a hernia and will need to see a surgeon to get it repaired.

In the meantime, his only brother is dying in the hospital. He's only 47 and has cirrhosis of the liver. We saw him a few days ago, and then again today, and he physically looks so much worse. I really hope he pulls through. And if he does, he will have a very tough road ahead of him.

At work, I was given a "verbal warning" about the sick days that I've taken the last couple of months. I don't want to lose this job. Now that we've finished putting DS through college, we want to start adding to our retirement accounts, as well as the vacation we have planned for fall 2014. So now, as long as I don't take a sick day for the next 30 days, the verbal warning goes away. 30 days isn't a lot, but with all of my stupid ailments, it's easier said than done. But it's a challenge to me, and I'm going to try very hard to make it in to work every day. At least I have off this Monday for Memorial Day.

Basically I've been trying to distract myself with planning our vacation for next year, and I'm sorry that I didn't make the effort to stop in here. I do think of all of you every day though.
Hi Seaspray! Sorry about everything you have been going through. I am actually surprised I have never gotten written up for as much time as I take off. I am a speech therapist for a school. I always make up the time I miss but I know some parents have gotten upset in the past because of my absences. On top of my fibromyalgia I also have vertigo which can sometimes make it impossible for me to drive. Anyway, I hope that the planning is enough to distract you. I know it has kept a lot of my stress at bay recently. And now I am only eight days away from My first Disney World trip! YAY! Wishing you and your family all the best!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #1764
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,909
DISboards Moderator

Hi all!

I think I am having a breakdown, some kind, some sort. I don't know.

My mother is still in the hospital. After leaving my front steps on Mother's Day because she couldn't make the stairs. She had a hip put in 5 years ago, and is majorly addicted to pain killers.. She is suicidal as well. For the first 3 days there she cried out that her stomach was the problem.. And ultrasound, an MRI at another hospital because she needed an open one, and there is no issue. I hate to sound mean, but she is at nearly 400 pounds, her husband (not my father) refuses to admit there is a food issue, pain killer issue.

He yelled at me on the phone saying he loves her, and there is nothing he won't due for her. I tried to say loving is not always saying YES. I love my children, and out of love must say no to certain things. He told me "it isn't my fault nobody at your house gives a ---- about you".. I was in tears. Says he will go over my head, as he is her husband, he goes over my head. They have her on a diet, he runs out for donuts every day. He just goes against anything, he won't say no to her EVER.

I have only been 4 times, and the hospital is 5 minutes away. I feel guilty, but I go there and she is higher than a kite. I suspect he supplements her morphine from home. If I say something, he will deny, and if they kick him out, I just physically can't nor can I mentally. She is refusing a rehab center. she has 12 bedsores now, she is in a diaper..

I am waiting on news for my torn rotator cuffs. My brain surgery I had done 3 years ago has come back full circle. I am on disability. I am exhausted.. My son is graduating HS in a few weeks.. I had a huge fight with my husband. I feel so alone in this. He hasn't come once. He says she isn't sick. I say that we don't always go for the patient, you go for me.. My sister has been MIA for about 7 years, so I have no siblings to speak to..My teens know, but I don't harp on it, they don't want to go. My daughter called her at 6pm, and my mother asked her what she was doing up so early. My daughter says "she is stoned, and I don't want to ever call her back".. Is that my fault that she knows? I don't know what to do..

Just an example. Yesterday she begged me for spaghetti, says she loves my sauce. So I made enough for the 2 of them, called and asked her husband to meet me in front to pick it up because I had to go pick up my daughter. I call and ask 4 hours later how it was. He asks if I was trying to kill her with my "spicy sauce".. I cried myself to sleep. I didn't want a thank you, I didn't change my sauce. I know hospital food sucks, and remember myself wanting things.. So the food is in the garbage she says.. Thanks but no thanks.. I said you know it isn't easy with my arm with big pots and that. Indifference on her, no reaction.. I realize it is the pills talking, but I am human, I am her daughter, and I don't know. I can't fly the coop like my sister, I just couldn't do it.

I saw my Psch dr today, and she said I have to take charge somewhere, that I am going down.. I try to eat, and I am hungry, but then I just can't.. Between running a house with 1 arm, Dr's appts, two teens, and my son's graduation in a few weeks, I just find I don't make time to go see her. I just don't want to, I come back ..And then the guilts sets in.. My husband did apologize tonight, and told me to start eating, but it isn't easy as that. I have morphine for my shoulder, and I almost never take it. I am afraid to become like my mother. Maybe my food issues too..

Gosh if this wasn't the longest rant ever. Sorry. It felt good just getting it out.. My best friend is on vacation in Cuba this week, and normally I would just babble on to her.. I know this is probably hard to read, sorry once again..
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #1765
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi all!

I think I am having a breakdown, some kind, some sort. I don't know.

My mother is still in the hospital. After leaving my front steps on Mother's Day because she couldn't make the stairs. She had a hip put in 5 years ago, and is majorly addicted to pain killers.. She is suicidal as well. For the first 3 days there she cried out that her stomach was the problem.. And ultrasound, an MRI at another hospital because she needed an open one, and there is no issue. I hate to sound mean, but she is at nearly 400 pounds, her husband (not my father) refuses to admit there is a food issue, pain killer issue.

He yelled at me on the phone saying he loves her, and there is nothing he won't due for her. I tried to say loving is not always saying YES. I love my children, and out of love must say no to certain things. He told me "it isn't my fault nobody at your house gives a ---- about you".. I was in tears. Says he will go over my head, as he is her husband, he goes over my head. They have her on a diet, he runs out for donuts every day. He just goes against anything, he won't say no to her EVER.

I have only been 4 times, and the hospital is 5 minutes away. I feel guilty, but I go there and she is higher than a kite. I suspect he supplements her morphine from home. If I say something, he will deny, and if they kick him out, I just physically can't nor can I mentally. She is refusing a rehab center. she has 12 bedsores now, she is in a diaper..

I am waiting on news for my torn rotator cuffs. My brain surgery I had done 3 years ago has come back full circle. I am on disability. I am exhausted.. My son is graduating HS in a few weeks.. I had a huge fight with my husband. I feel so alone in this. He hasn't come once. He says she isn't sick. I say that we don't always go for the patient, you go for me.. My sister has been MIA for about 7 years, so I have no siblings to speak to..My teens know, but I don't harp on it, they don't want to go. My daughter called her at 6pm, and my mother asked her what she was doing up so early. My daughter says "she is stoned, and I don't want to ever call her back".. Is that my fault that she knows? I don't know what to do..

Just an example. Yesterday she begged me for spaghetti, says she loves my sauce. So I made enough for the 2 of them, called and asked her husband to meet me in front to pick it up because I had to go pick up my daughter. I call and ask 4 hours later how it was. He asks if I was trying to kill her with my "spicy sauce".. I cried myself to sleep. I didn't want a thank you, I didn't change my sauce. I know hospital food sucks, and remember myself wanting things.. So the food is in the garbage she says.. Thanks but no thanks.. I said you know it isn't easy with my arm with big pots and that. Indifference on her, no reaction.. I realize it is the pills talking, but I am human, I am her daughter, and I don't know. I can't fly the coop like my sister, I just couldn't do it.

I saw my Psch dr today, and she said I have to take charge somewhere, that I am going down.. I try to eat, and I am hungry, but then I just can't.. Between running a house with 1 arm, Dr's appts, two teens, and my son's graduation in a few weeks, I just find I don't make time to go see her. I just don't want to, I come back ..And then the guilts sets in.. My husband did apologize tonight, and told me to start eating, but it isn't easy as that. I have morphine for my shoulder, and I almost never take it. I am afraid to become like my mother. Maybe my food issues too..

Gosh if this wasn't the longest rant ever. Sorry. It felt good just getting it out.. My best friend is on vacation in Cuba this week, and normally I would just babble on to her.. I know this is probably hard to read, sorry once again..
No need to apologize momma! That's what we're here for! So sorry for what you're going through. We all have some sort of family issues I'm sure. At least I know I do! I hope things get better for you soon
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #1766
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi all!

I think I am having a breakdown, some kind, some sort. I don't know.

My mother is still in the hospital. After leaving my front steps on Mother's Day because she couldn't make the stairs. She had a hip put in 5 years ago, and is majorly addicted to pain killers.. She is suicidal as well. For the first 3 days there she cried out that her stomach was the problem.. And ultrasound, an MRI at another hospital because she needed an open one, and there is no issue. I hate to sound mean, but she is at nearly 400 pounds, her husband (not my father) refuses to admit there is a food issue, pain killer issue.

He yelled at me on the phone saying he loves her, and there is nothing he won't due for her. I tried to say loving is not always saying YES. I love my children, and out of love must say no to certain things. He told me "it isn't my fault nobody at your house gives a ---- about you".. I was in tears. Says he will go over my head, as he is her husband, he goes over my head. They have her on a diet, he runs out for donuts every day. He just goes against anything, he won't say no to her EVER.

I have only been 4 times, and the hospital is 5 minutes away. I feel guilty, but I go there and she is higher than a kite. I suspect he supplements her morphine from home. If I say something, he will deny, and if they kick him out, I just physically can't nor can I mentally. She is refusing a rehab center. she has 12 bedsores now, she is in a diaper..

I am waiting on news for my torn rotator cuffs. My brain surgery I had done 3 years ago has come back full circle. I am on disability. I am exhausted.. My son is graduating HS in a few weeks.. I had a huge fight with my husband. I feel so alone in this. He hasn't come once. He says she isn't sick. I say that we don't always go for the patient, you go for me.. My sister has been MIA for about 7 years, so I have no siblings to speak to..My teens know, but I don't harp on it, they don't want to go. My daughter called her at 6pm, and my mother asked her what she was doing up so early. My daughter says "she is stoned, and I don't want to ever call her back".. Is that my fault that she knows? I don't know what to do..

Just an example. Yesterday she begged me for spaghetti, says she loves my sauce. So I made enough for the 2 of them, called and asked her husband to meet me in front to pick it up because I had to go pick up my daughter. I call and ask 4 hours later how it was. He asks if I was trying to kill her with my "spicy sauce".. I cried myself to sleep. I didn't want a thank you, I didn't change my sauce. I know hospital food sucks, and remember myself wanting things.. So the food is in the garbage she says.. Thanks but no thanks.. I said you know it isn't easy with my arm with big pots and that. Indifference on her, no reaction.. I realize it is the pills talking, but I am human, I am her daughter, and I don't know. I can't fly the coop like my sister, I just couldn't do it.

I saw my Psch dr today, and she said I have to take charge somewhere, that I am going down.. I try to eat, and I am hungry, but then I just can't.. Between running a house with 1 arm, Dr's appts, two teens, and my son's graduation in a few weeks, I just find I don't make time to go see her. I just don't want to, I come back ..And then the guilts sets in.. My husband did apologize tonight, and told me to start eating, but it isn't easy as that. I have morphine for my shoulder, and I almost never take it. I am afraid to become like my mother. Maybe my food issues too..

Gosh if this wasn't the longest rant ever. Sorry. It felt good just getting it out.. My best friend is on vacation in Cuba this week, and normally I would just babble on to her.. I know this is probably hard to read, sorry once again..
Momma,



Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Wrote this long insiteful note on my phone then my DD8 screamed and boom message gone

Any hoo, It really stinks that you have all this drama going on when you have plenty to deal with just with your health. You are the sane one here just surrounded by craziness. As you know I have addiction in my family too, I also have a sister in an abusive marriage and family that use prayer as an excuse to do nothing but know where I am when they need something. I know what it is to do everything right and get no recognition or worse critisim I'm not religious but if ever there was a time for the serenity prayer your are there. You are a good person. You did the right thing for your mom and you should feel good for your about that! You cheer us on here and we have never even met. Feel good about that!

Maybe if you reframe you situation in your mind it will help you remember what a good person you are. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Hopefully what I'm about to say wont sound preachy just some thoughts to reframe the difficulties you are going through.

My friend who is healthy struggles with a mother several hrs away. For 10 yrs she flew back and fourth a week or two at a time about six times a year then back home to her business. Her mother does not give her credit for this. Doesn't think its a big deal because she isn't married (live in 20yr relationship) but makes excuses for her other DD who lives across town and has a hubby and two dogs. She cant help because of the dogs My friend is a good person too and often comments on how I no longer let family effect me much at all. It comes down to a book I once read called Toxic Parents and working with battered women for several years. I learned their was NOTHING I can do unless they want to change. Talk about feeling helpless watching someone allowing themselves to be beaten and there is nothing you can do. It was easier to see from the outside then apply to my own life.

You and I have so little energy, so little time to spend on the good stuff. I choose not waste my precious gifts on people who cant appreciate it. I found that if I do what I feel a good person would do without expecting anything positive back then I'm rarely disappointed or guilty. I found that when I gave too much to my birth family that my kids and DH suffered. I will not let my mother etc hurt my kids so it is easier for me to back off now. When I am really struggling with my family I will ask myself if I were on my death bed what would I regret more, not helping someone who doesn't want to be helped or wasting my precious energy that I could give to my kids or god forbid enjoy for myself I bet you would not give your mom a load of money to spend on narcotics so why give her your energy money to burn?

You are not having a breakdown you are overloaded. How much can a person take? REALY ITS ALOT! You are not hiding in bed and whining you are trying hard to push through. I think you need to take a moment and catch your breath. Take a big deep breath and be still for a moment. If you can, go someplace that makes you happy. A park, your front porch etc and think what will make YOU happy. Right now you feel guilty about everything even what your Drs want. Right now you are drowning between all the SHOULDS. They tell you on a plane that if you are about to crash first put on the oxygen mask then help your child..why? Because you cannot save your child if you die first. Right now you are crashing you seriously need that oxygen mask Go ahead and cut yourself some slack.

You cannot change your family (lord knows I cant change mine), you cant change your health (at least right now) so what can you change that will make you happy? If that means avoiding your mother for awhile then do it (that doesn't mean you flew the coop). If that means missing some non urgent Dr. appointment's do it! Your first priority is your family ie your kids and your DH and YOURSELF. If something is bad for your family its good that your limit it. If your Step Dad or Mom was hitting you what would you do? They are emotionally hitting you. You are not a bad person for protecting your self from them.

You have this incredible day coming up with your son. Both of you deserve to enjoy all your hard work. You did that right! You raised your child and he is launching into his adult life bask in that happy moment and let it drown everything else out. Don't punish yourself by not eating and allowing the pain to get too bad. You are not your mother. Eat, Drink and be merry! Life is too short not to.

This is easier said then done of course but maybe it helped just a little

Sending pain free vibes and pixie dust to all!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #1767
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
Sorry Tigg! Hope you find someone just as good that you can afford. Totally understand the money thing though. I can't afford to go get all the treatments I need on a regular basis But we make do with what we got right?
Sending lots of pixie dust for your upcoming trip!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #1768
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Hey everyone, sorry that I have been MIA.

I see that all of you have been going through some rough patches. HUGS to everyone

carrie: I'm sorry to hear about the infection and the tissue expander. I hope the infection clears up quickly, and I hope that your countdown to your trip goes quickly as well. But I hope the trip itself seems to last a good, long time.

tigg: I've never used a pedometer, but I have the same experience regarding calories in VS my weight. I've always chalked it up to having a bad metabolism. I don't know. All I know is that I don't eat enough to look like this. I always feel as if people think that if I exercised more and ate less, I'd be in no pain and not be overweight. Yeah, how I wish it were so simple. Thanks for that link, I'm going to check it out soon.

rosanab: I'm sorry for your frustrations. I know what you mean about doctors thinking that if we are managing to get through daily life, then we must be ok. They don't know, and sometimes I feel like they don't want to hear, that most days we are barely making it through, and hanging on by a thread.

mommasita: My DH has low B12 and has had injections, now he takes a supplement. I should try taking it too. I have to research to see how much is safe to take. Sorry about the drama with your mom. Congrats to your DS's graduation!!



As for me, I'm off the prednisone now, still taking the plaquenil, and all of my aches and pains are back. I guess the plaquenil is not as good as the prednisone, or just hasn't kicked in yet. My DS22 graduated from university 2 weeks ago, and that was nice. In the preceding couple of weeks I was quite weepy, and in retrospect I think it's because I was having a hard time with the fact that my baby was graduating college, and wondering where all the years have gone.

DH has had pain in his groin area and wouldn't go to the doctor until yesterday when he couldn't stand the pain anymore. It turns out that he has a hernia and will need to see a surgeon to get it repaired.

In the meantime, his only brother is dying in the hospital. He's only 47 and has cirrhosis of the liver. We saw him a few days ago, and then again today, and he physically looks so much worse. I really hope he pulls through. And if he does, he will have a very tough road ahead of him.

At work, I was given a "verbal warning" about the sick days that I've taken the last couple of months. I don't want to lose this job. Now that we've finished putting DS through college, we want to start adding to our retirement accounts, as well as the vacation we have planned for fall 2014. So now, as long as I don't take a sick day for the next 30 days, the verbal warning goes away. 30 days isn't a lot, but with all of my stupid ailments, it's easier said than done. But it's a challenge to me, and I'm going to try very hard to make it in to work every day. At least I have off this Monday for Memorial Day.

Basically I've been trying to distract myself with planning our vacation for next year, and I'm sorry that I didn't make the effort to stop in here. I do think of all of you every day though.
Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.. Its been such a tough yr for you all Gotta love employers who think you choose to be out for these things so you should be punished. Maybe the good weather will put some air in your sails
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #1769
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,909
DISboards Moderator

Thanks to you both...

I got some much needed sleep. I went to visit tonight with my DD, and stayed about 30 minutes, then it was time for a diaper change. She tells me she refused pysio, said she was in too much pain, and asked for more pain killers, and that they are threatening her with a home. Of course I said, you are not SICK.. You need pysio.. I am not going back for a while..

Today was a nice sunny day, and I sat out on "my" chair..LOL, and relaxed. I love the warmth and sun. It makes me feel better... My husband is trying and apologizing, but some things he said can't be that easily forgotten.. I will try as always..

I see my Dr Wednesday to see what we do with my shoulder. SO painful I tell you...

Thank you for the nice words on my son. It is hard because he hasn't been accepted to any colleges yet. He has a lot of issues with motor skills and is delayed. Hoping for the second round.. Otherwise he will take some courses at night (adult ed) and re-apply in January. My heart aches for him too because he tries so hard, and seeing all your friends with their plans can't be easy on him... This kid has been through a lot since birth.. It will all work out, I just have to believe.. We will celebrate his graduation, and I try to talk him up as much I can.

I hope everyone is doing ok, and thank you again for the advice and the comfort in knowing what great people you all are..
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #1770
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Thanks to you both...

I got some much needed sleep. I went to visit tonight with my DD, and stayed about 30 minutes, then it was time for a diaper change. She tells me she refused pysio, said she was in too much pain, and asked for more pain killers, and that they are threatening her with a home. Of course I said, you are not SICK.. You need pysio.. I am not going back for a while..

Today was a nice sunny day, and I sat out on "my" chair..LOL, and relaxed. I love the warmth and sun. It makes me feel better... My husband is trying and apologizing, but some things he said can't be that easily forgotten.. I will try as always..

I see my Dr Wednesday to see what we do with my shoulder. SO painful I tell you...

Thank you for the nice words on my son. It is hard because he hasn't been accepted to any colleges yet. He has a lot of issues with motor skills and is delayed. Hoping for the second round.. Otherwise he will take some courses at night (adult ed) and re-apply in January. My heart aches for him too because he tries so hard, and seeing all your friends with their plans can't be easy on him... This kid has been through a lot since birth.. It will all work out, I just have to believe.. We will celebrate his graduation, and I try to talk him up as much I can.

I hope everyone is doing ok, and thank you again for the advice and the comfort in knowing what great people you all are..
I don't know how I missed everything about your son Does he have an IEP? Sometimes that can make a WORLD of difference if the admissions office is made aware that he is a student with disabilities. My BF is at a community college right now and gets a lot of help with his school bc he is diagnosed with ADHD including priority registration HTH and that he gets some good news soon
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 06:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 08:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: