Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #1741
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031

Thank you so much Tigg! AH! This is the BEST planning tool I have found yet! I love Ride Max! I hope that it executes as well as it plans! It looks like it will really help us manange our time if it works!
My experience on two separate May trips for our family of five was that is was +/- 3 min almost always less. It was kinda astonishing. However that was before the the FP changes. With a few exceptions (like toy story) we averaged 5min walk 5 min wait 3min ride. Which was perfect because it never allowed me to get too tired walking, my feet/back too painful standing or too stiff riding. We always knew when to plan for a longer wait and since they seem to err on the side of caution we found we did most Big things twice by getting fp before getting in line for soaring etc. We always did more than we thought or had time to relax so don't go commando with plan .If you deviate a bit because you see a ride with no line or dawdle a bit in a shop or plop down pooped no problem. In most cases just pick up where you ended. A 10 or 15 min delay is no problem and because you have played with the schedule you will know places it could be problem like the old version of Dumbo ride.

On a side note in Nov/Dec we were on a Dance trip w/o plans since were were at the mercy of the Parade tape schedule. We wanted to eat at BOG but it was only a possible soft opening. We could not get ressies for Dinner so we went there around 10.30am for very early lunch. The great thing about lunch is all the rooms are open and you can pick your room and table! We picked the rose room were just feet from the rose You order you food at a kiosk and it comes to your table hand delivered on a cart. You may want to try it.

Btw there used to be a Ridemax thread in trip planning. If you have any trouble finding it through search let me know I'll go back on my computer through my history and find it for you (I'm on mobile now). They can tell you how it has been running lately. Same true on BOG.

Another thing we did is have a link on our droids to menus from all ears and the snack thread here. (Brought printouts first year) That allowed us to plan in line and find GREAT snacks fast. A must with little kids and weakness brought on by fibro. Helps with fibro fog at dinner too because no pressure to order in all the chaos/ noise.

I found every step I saved. Every stress I navigated gave me much more energy. Besides who wants to pay to wait in line and be aggravated??. Makes good sense for anybody.

Good luck w trip!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1742
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,889
DISboards Moderator

Tigg: Sorry to hear about all you are going through.. Major ones. Happy to hear that DH is feeling better.

I am doing as good as I can... Sleep is the issue. Daytime I get by with a system.. My Dr wants to wait until my appt in June to see where we go. The inflammation is too much to do anything right now.. I am to rest the shoulder when I can...

Hugs and thoughts all around
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #1743
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita
Tigg: Sorry to hear about all you are going through.. Major ones. Happy to hear that DH is feeling better.

I am doing as good as I can... Sleep is the issue. Daytime I get by with a system.. My Dr wants to wait until my appt in June to see where we go. The inflammation is too much to do anything right now.. I am to rest the shoulder when I can...

Hugs and thoughts all around
Don't you just love waiting? Hugs and deep sleep wishes coming your way from PA
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #1744
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
My experience on two separate May trips for our family of five was that is was +/- 3 min almost always less. It was kinda astonishing. However that was before the the FP changes. With a few exceptions (like toy story) we averaged 5min walk 5 min wait 3min ride. Which was perfect because it never allowed me to get too tired walking, my feet/back too painful standing or too stiff riding. We always knew when to plan for a longer wait and since they seem to err on the side of caution we found we did most Big things twice by getting fp before getting in line for soaring etc. We always did more than we thought or had time to relax so don't go commando with plan .If you deviate a bit because you see a ride with no line or dawdle a bit in a shop or plop down pooped no problem. In most cases just pick up where you ended. A 10 or 15 min delay is no problem and because you have played with the schedule you will know places it could be problem like the old version of Dumbo ride.

On a side note in Nov/Dec we were on a Dance trip w/o plans since were were at the mercy of the Parade tape schedule. We wanted to eat at BOG but it was only a possible soft opening. We could not get ressies for Dinner so we went there around 10.30am for very early lunch. The great thing about lunch is all the rooms are open and you can pick your room and table! We picked the rose room were just feet from the rose You order you food at a kiosk and it comes to your table hand delivered on a cart. You may want to try it.

Btw there used to be a Ridemax thread in trip planning. If you have any trouble finding it through search let me know I'll go back on my computer through my history and find it for you (I'm on mobile now). They can tell you how it has been running lately. Same true on BOG.

Another thing we did is have a link on our droids to menus from all ears and the snack thread here. (Brought printouts first year) That allowed us to plan in line and find GREAT snacks fast. A must with little kids and weakness brought on by fibro. Helps with fibro fog at dinner too because no pressure to order in all the chaos/ noise.

I found every step I saved. Every stress I navigated gave me much more energy. Besides who wants to pay to wait in line and be aggravated??. Makes good sense for anybody.

Good luck w trip!
BOG sounds awesome! Will definitely try to hit it at least for a dessert

I am havng WAY too much fun with ride max. Lol. But it really looks like we will be able to do everything we want to in the 3 1/2 days we will be there YAY! Thanks again Tigg!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #1745
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Tigg, happy belated Birthday!

I had two very unsuccessful dr appointments on Thursday. The endocrinologist wants me to test my blood sugar twice a day for the next 8 weeks. Then I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon. The tissue expander they put in when I got the mastectomy got infected and he had to take it out. I have to now wait until the infection clears up and the wound heals before they can try again. Minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. UGH

On the other hand, I finally booked my airfare and ME for my August trip 2 days before all this happened.

I'm determined, I am going!
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #1746
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Tigg, happy belated Birthday!

I had two very unsuccessful dr appointments on Thursday. The endocrinologist wants me to test my blood sugar twice a day for the next 8 weeks. Then I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon. The tissue expander they put in when I got the mastectomy got infected and he had to take it out. I have to now wait until the infection clears up and the wound heals before they can try again. Minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. UGH

On the other hand, I finally booked my airfare and ME for my August trip 2 days before all this happened.

I'm determined, I am going!
OMG Carrie! So sorry for everything you're going through

Good on you for the positive attitude and determination! I hope everything goes well for you! Sending good vibes your way and wishing you a speedy recovery!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #1747
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466
Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Tigg, happy belated Birthday!

I had two very unsuccessful dr appointments on Thursday. The endocrinologist wants me to test my blood sugar twice a day for the next 8 weeks. Then I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon. The tissue expander they put in when I got the mastectomy got infected and he had to take it out. I have to now wait until the infection clears up and the wound heals before they can try again. Minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. UGH

On the other hand, I finally booked my airfare and ME for my August trip 2 days before all this happened.

I'm determined, I am going!
Carrie, I'm so sorry you keep having these set backs. (((HUGS))). Sending healing thoughts your way. Enjoy the trip!
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #1748
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,889
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Tigg, happy belated Birthday!

I had two very unsuccessful dr appointments on Thursday. The endocrinologist wants me to test my blood sugar twice a day for the next 8 weeks. Then I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon. The tissue expander they put in when I got the mastectomy got infected and he had to take it out. I have to now wait until the infection clears up and the wound heals before they can try again. Minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. UGH

On the other hand, I finally booked my airfare and ME for my August trip 2 days before all this happened.

I'm determined, I am going!
Poor thing.. You have gone through so much. I hope this is the last.

Yeah for your trip and booking your airfare
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #1749
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Nothing serious to talk about but really need to vent.

For my birthday I asked for a pedometer watch. It will count both my walking and activity in a pool when I go with kids this summer. Now I've been saying for yrs now my weight does not fit my activity level. While its true I do spend a fair amount of time in bed, its also true that my kids keep me me very busy in short spurts. Our bus stop is more than a mile from our house so at minimum I am up to the car and back to the house 4x a day. We live in a house with A LOT of stairs. We have a plan for a chair lift or moving bedroom downstairs if I become wheel chair bound but I liked the stairs because it forces me to exersize just by doing everyday chores. ( I do have to have dh and kids bring things up/down for me). Now to what is bugging me I have ranged between 11,000 and 18,000 steps a day!!!! They say you need 10,000 to maintain your weight and I have gained 40lbs this year!!!!! I am morbidly obese to the point I may not fit on rides but I do not eat enough calories to be this weight and I'm not fooling myself about my movement either..I now have PROOF! Its bad enough to be in pain everyday and to feel like I want to drop every time I have to get up to pick the kids up but to be this fat is humilating and only makes my pain worse. They say my thyroid is fine despite a 75% incident of thyroid with my father and his siblings. Well I don't believe them. Something has to be off.

Now I'm going into more of a pain mode with less migranes and less fatigue so I usually have a 6 month window to lose weight and will even lose a few pounds if I do nothing. So I'm trying to be patient but......I HATE BEING FAT

To those of you going through major stuff on top of FMS please forgive me I know its a small thing in comparison. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #1750
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Nothing serious to talk about but really need to vent.

For my birthday I asked for a pedometer watch. It will count both my walking and activity in a pool when I go with kids this summer. Now I've been saying for yrs now my weight does not fit my activity level. While its true I do spend a fair amount of time in bed, its also true that my kids keep me me very busy in short spurts. Our bus stop is more than a mile from our house so at minimum I am up to the car and back to the house 4x a day. We live in a house with A LOT of stairs. We have a plan for a chair lift or moving bedroom downstairs if I become wheel chair bound but I liked the stairs because it forces me to exersize just by doing everyday chores. ( I do have to have dh and kids bring things up/down for me). Now to what is bugging me I have ranged between 11,000 and 18,000 steps a day!!!! They say you need 10,000 to maintain your weight and I have gained 40lbs this year!!!!! I am morbidly obese to the point I may not fit on rides but I do not eat enough calories to be this weight and I'm not fooling myself about my movement either..I now have PROOF! Its bad enough to be in pain everyday and to feel like I want to drop every time I have to get up to pick the kids up but to be this fat is humilating and only makes my pain worse. They say my thyroid is fine despite a 75% incident of thyroid with my father and his siblings. Well I don't believe them. Something has to be off.

Now I'm going into more of a pain mode with less migranes and less fatigue so I usually have a 6 month window to lose weight and will even lose a few pounds if I do nothing. So I'm trying to be patient but......I HATE BEING FAT

To those of you going through major stuff on top of FMS please forgive me I know its a small thing in comparison. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks
Here is the thing with MOST health care "professionals"... they are LAZY!

If you fall into the books range of "normal" then there is nothing wrong even though you know there is. You will have to seek out help yourself and that is when I would turn to a specialist. They can look at your results and say, "Wow you are on the high end here." I had to do this for my mom by researching stuff online. I am a good researcher Her results were in the "normal" range to the doctor but she was on the high end which was causing many health problems.

I am not kidding. For a general example say whatever it was they were testing had a range of normal from 45-165 and she was a 163 so "YAY! You're normal even though you are within 3 points of having a problem... my job here is done! Next!" This is the response I have been getting from people all my life. Same thing with my ADD. Some psychiatrists say I have it, others say I don't, but because I am 25 and able to work a steady job I must not have a problem. I constantly tell them that I feel like I'm losing my mind everyday and having to play catch-up because I always forget things and fall behind... but yeah... I got through college and I have a full-time job so I'm fine. UGH!!! It is so frusturating!

Anyway, a nutrionist may be able to help you or some other specialist. I hope that helps and hope you can find someone to give you some clear answers
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #1751
carrie6466
DIS Veteran
 
carrie6466's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Nothing serious to talk about but really need to vent.

For my birthday I asked for a pedometer watch. It will count both my walking and activity in a pool when I go with kids this summer. Now I've been saying for yrs now my weight does not fit my activity level. While its true I do spend a fair amount of time in bed, its also true that my kids keep me me very busy in short spurts. Our bus stop is more than a mile from our house so at minimum I am up to the car and back to the house 4x a day. We live in a house with A LOT of stairs. We have a plan for a chair lift or moving bedroom downstairs if I become wheel chair bound but I liked the stairs because it forces me to exersize just by doing everyday chores. ( I do have to have dh and kids bring things up/down for me). Now to what is bugging me I have ranged between 11,000 and 18,000 steps a day!!!! They say you need 10,000 to maintain your weight and I have gained 40lbs this year!!!!! I am morbidly obese to the point I may not fit on rides but I do not eat enough calories to be this weight and I'm not fooling myself about my movement either..I now have PROOF! Its bad enough to be in pain everyday and to feel like I want to drop every time I have to get up to pick the kids up but to be this fat is humilating and only makes my pain worse. They say my thyroid is fine despite a 75% incident of thyroid with my father and his siblings. Well I don't believe them. Something has to be off.

Now I'm going into more of a pain mode with less migranes and less fatigue so I usually have a 6 month window to lose weight and will even lose a few pounds if I do nothing. So I'm trying to be patient but......I HATE BEING FAT

To those of you going through major stuff on top of FMS please forgive me I know its a small thing in comparison. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks
It's not a small thing to you, so that makes it just as important as anything else!
__________________
Carrie DH , DS 23 , DD 9
Off-site '87, '93, '99, '07 CBR 4/08, 10/08, 12/09,Won a trip 7/09 GF,12/10 CR ,BWV 7/11, 9/12
carrie6466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #1752
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,889
DISboards Moderator

Tigg: nothing is small my dear.. It is so frustrating. I was there a few short years ago. Have you had a second opinion on the thyroid?

Now, I am NOT in any way, shape, or form pretending I am a Dr, or anything medical.. Also, please remember my memory loss, in case you have (or I) have mentioned this before .. I was 70 pounds heavier 4 years ago, NO REASON, no eating difference, walking like yourself, not eating anything different. There was NO reason. I was SO SO frustrated. Everything checked out ok, and then my Dr checked my b12, and it was dangerously low. I tried the vitamins, and it seemed my body rejected them. I now self inject bi-weekly, as I have been diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia, which I am told is common in Fibro patients, and has many of the same sides.

I have lost that 70 pounds, and am steady. Not thin, not fat, just ok.. I changed absolutely NOTHING except this vitamin... When reading about it, it seems body builders cut this with something (brain fart) to stay lean, and if your body is low, which sooo many of us are, we store the fat.. My GF started taking the Jamieson pills, and has lost about 10 to 15 pounds this year, and gained that much more energy.. We can't have too much b12..

Sorry to be so blabby, I just know how I felt.. NOt that I have more energy , but I stored that weight, and I knew there was something weird going on, and my thyroid was checked a few times..

Lots of love and hugs to everyone.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #1753
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Tigg: nothing is small my dear.. It is so frustrating. I was there a few short years ago. Have you had a second opinion on the thyroid?

Now, I am NOT in any way, shape, or form pretending I am a Dr, or anything medical.. Also, please remember my memory loss, in case you have (or I) have mentioned this before .. I was 70 pounds heavier 4 years ago, NO REASON, no eating difference, walking like yourself, not eating anything different. There was NO reason. I was SO SO frustrated. Everything checked out ok, and then my Dr checked my b12, and it was dangerously low. I tried the vitamins, and it seemed my body rejected them. I now self inject bi-weekly, as I have been diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia, which I am told is common in Fibro patients, and has many of the same sides.

I have lost that 70 pounds, and am steady. Not thin, not fat, just ok.. I changed absolutely NOTHING except this vitamin... When reading about it, it seems body builders cut this with something (brain fart) to stay lean, and if your body is low, which sooo many of us are, we store the fat.. My GF started taking the Jamieson pills, and has lost about 10 to 15 pounds this year, and gained that much more energy.. We can't have too much b12..

Sorry to be so blabby, I just know how I felt.. NOt that I have more energy , but I stored that weight, and I knew there was something weird going on, and my thyroid was checked a few times..

Lots of love and hugs to everyone.
Good on you for pushing! I had to push my doctor for months before she finally referred me to my current rheumatologist who diagnose me with fibro. How do you self-inject? That sounds SO scary to me. Haha. I would like to try the B12 to help with my energy but I would have to go to a doctor's office for that
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #1754
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 18,889
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
Good on you for pushing! I had to push my doctor for months before she finally referred me to my current rheumatologist who diagnose me with fibro. How do you self-inject? That sounds SO scary to me. Haha. I would like to try the B12 to help with my energy but I would have to go to a doctor's office for that
My husband does it in my shoulder. Hurts and burns like nuts when it is going through, but I massage it...

If you can absorb the vitamins, then you could try it orally. Most can absorb it, somehow my messed up body rejects it..LOL
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #1755
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer
 
rosanab1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
My husband does it in my shoulder. Hurts and burns like nuts when it is going through, but I massage it...

If you can absorb the vitamins, then you could try it orally. Most can absorb it, somehow my messed up body rejects it..LOL
EEK! Yeah my bf has an aversion to needles so that wouldn't work :/ I will definitely try it orally first :D Thank you!
__________________
Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 06:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 08:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: