Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 AM   #1516
wildzootv
Mouseketeer
 
wildzootv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post

I am already getting recommendations for an acupuncturist. What is MSN? I found that I can control my ibs better with supplements and diet changes. I hope that I can eventually do the same with the fibro.
I am sorry I misspelled it- MSM - it's a supplement and can be found in grocery stores!! I didn't know that at the time I purchased it at the acupuncturist but if she didn't recommend it to me I wouldn't of known!
__________________
Proud Army Wife and Mommy of 2 cuties!

DisneyLand - 1973, 2002
DisneyWorld - 1985, 1987, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012

Disney Cruise - coming soon 2013
wildzootv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 AM   #1517
wildzootv
Mouseketeer
 
wildzootv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 326

Sorry to hear that Sherrie, I can only imagine the weight of it.
__________________
Proud Army Wife and Mommy of 2 cuties!

DisneyLand - 1973, 2002
DisneyWorld - 1985, 1987, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012

Disney Cruise - coming soon 2013
wildzootv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #1518
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 954

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildzootv View Post
I am sorry I misspelled it- MSM - it's a supplement and can be found in grocery stores!! I didn't know that at the time I purchased it at the acupuncturist but if she didn't recommend it to me I wouldn't of known!
Thank you! I will check it out.
__________________
Me DH dd18 dd10 Buddha Winnie



Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #1519
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 954

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi everyone!!

I feel so guilty having not posted in so long. I apologize, and miss you and send pain free hugs and more to you all.

Basically it was/is this. My mother is addicted to pain medication. She is also extremely depressive and suicidal. When her meds do no more for her, she calls 911 and goes to the ER. She has a hip replacement a few years back, and complains for more meds. In between all this, she calls me asking for MY assistance in killing herself. I can not begin to explain how hard it is. My sister is MIA for about 6 years now, so I am the only child, and feel guilt. I finally just lost it on her, and told her that I love her, BUT my children come first. They were home for the summer and listening to me on the phone. I tried at best to hide, but really they are 13 and 17. I grew up with her attempting suicide every so often, and I refuse to have them go through it. The guilt sets in, I feel guilty. It is hard to just cut off ties, but I almost did. I told her that if there was anything I could do (without assisting suicide) I would do it. I would walk in fire I told her, If it helped, but I am not just going to get in the car and run to her house or the ER.. She gets nasty after, telling me I am lazy, making up illness?????? Very nasty. I am waiting on a referall for a therapist because it is sucking every bit of energy I have. She says I am so lucky to be healthy???????? I just don't get it, and I never will. I feel I have lost my mother while she is alive.

I saw my Dr yesterday, and I will begin to try rehab to go search for work part time. He thinks it won't happen, but we will give it a go. If not, my disability will be until I am 65.

My husband booked a VERY last minute cruise 2 weeks ago on the Explorer. IT did a WORLD of good, just having NO communication with my Mom. I worried, but I knew she would do fine... We literally booked on a Thursday, and embarked the following one.

I hope you all forgive just posting and leaving. I will try to be a more frequent poster..

XOXO Sherrie
I am so sorry you are going through this. My family has so much drama. (Not to that extent) When we lived in Oregon, we were always getting dragged into all the drama. We moved out here to NC and I LOVE it! I know that sounds cold and unfeeling. But I just needed some space for OUR family (dh and the girls) I didn't want them growing up the way I did.

It was the BEST decision I have ever made for my family. I know not everyone can do that. We have a lot of family so I did not leave anyone out there alone. We have lived here for 5 years and next year we are flying out to visit (the first time since we moved) and I am so STRESSED out. I am really not looking forward to all the drama.
__________________
Me DH dd18 dd10 Buddha Winnie



Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #1520
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran
 
MrsHeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 4,056

Hi,

My name is Debbie and my doctor suspects fibro, I have all the tender points plus some. My symptom is pain, my husband doesn't believe me when I tell him it hurts when he touches me, it's hard for me to understand it either, it shouldn't hurt to be touched but it does. Hurricane Isaac just came through and it was horrible, especially my hips and legs.

My doctor tried cymbalta but I couldn't handle the side effects, so we're trying savella now, it seems to be helping some. I've been off work for the past two months, I had surgery on my heel and achilles tendon, my incision got infected with strep and the surrounding tissue started to die. Now I'm going to wound care with hyperbaric oxygen therapy five days a week, I've had three debridements done so far with more to come.

I'm glad I found this thread, sometimes it makes things better just to find people who understand what you're going through. We have a trip planned soon and I insist that we are going to be able to go, looks like I'll be renting an ECV but I'm still going!
__________________
MrsHeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #1521
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
I have IBS too. From what I've read, it's fairy common for people to have both. Lucky us, huh?

I hope the meds kick in quickly for you. I started out on amitriptyline but I didn't have any success with it, so then my doctor switched me over to Lyrica. I guess it does help, but I have no way of knowing how I'd feel if I didn't take it. lol

I use Ambien most nights. My rheumatoloist started me on mobic, but it gave me stomach problems so I had to stop.

I just bought this heating pad a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVE it. I got it at CVS.




tigg I'm sorry about that. I can't believe that they made you wait, with stroke symptoms. That's unacceptable.

I went to the ER once with chest pains and they turned out to not be heart related. They were very good there, but now I feel funny going back again when I feel chest pains again for fear of being labeled a hypochondriac. I worry that I won't know a true heart problem if I have one.

My DH had a massive heart attack 2 years ago, at age 47. His symptoms started the night before, he had no idea he was having a heart attack until he went to the doctor the next day and fortunately our doctor hooked him up to an EKG machine and then called an ambulance to get him to the hospital where they had surgeons waiting.

Doctors say over and over again that if you even think you're having a heart attack or stroke, to get to the hospital ASAP. Do you think you should speak to your doctor about how he treated you the last time??? I'd be furious too, if I were you.



I hope that you feel better after a shower, and have a good time window shopping.
Heating pad-LOVE IT. Will have to head out to CVS!

Here is a link to a parain bath similar to what I had (it broke ) best time to get them is right after Christmas or mothers day when they go half off in stores.



I did get out and did MAJOR shopping. When out again with DH. Its been hit or miss genreally better but still adjusting to new school schedule. next week we add all the activities. 4 days of dance 2 of soccer boy scouts, and girl scouts. DH will help this year so with rest and planning it should be easier. DH had lyme (did I tell you that?) and it has come back so he is getting a taste of my life. I'm trying not to worry as Dr wanted him back to make sure he didnt relapse so I think more antibiotics will not be a problem just a minor setback I hope. I have had a few more "heart" bouts but I think they are muscle/perimenapauseal/fibro related. Seems like hormone fluctuations really mess with my fibro as I age

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildzootv View Post
I have stills...something very like fibro and lupus. I've had it for 37 years... Although I hate others are struggling it is nice having someone who can relate.

Sometimes if I get tired of conventuals meds or my body gets to use to it, I see a acupuncturist and take msn, seems to help more than meds I get for the doctor. We move often as a military family so I can't always find one.
WELCOME

Can you tell us a bit more about stills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
morning guys!! its 5am here in the uk, cant sleep, woke up as hubby was snoring in my ear and as i moved the electric like pain in my back started, have swallowed some tramadol but 3hrs later, im slightly high but no where near ready to sleep!! im having my vitamin d levels tested in a few hours, does anyone else have issues with their vit d levels??

i also have a silly question *and its one only a brit could ask, does the heat affect the performance of pain killers, ie do u get more or less relief if its hot????


tracy
Nope heat/cold doesnt matter. However I think I FEEL more pain in the cold making it seem like the meds work less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
I love this heating pad. I will have to have DH run up to CVS to see if he can find it.

I went out yesterday and it was a disaster. I tried to do too much, too soon I guess. I took my 9yr old DD to Homeschool day at the Science Museum and even though we only did one class, I had to hurry across two buildings to get to the class and then after we looked around (with me trying to sit down as much as possible). I am going to have to change my purse because it was too much to carry. We went to lunch with friends but the parking was a nightmare and I have to park 4 blocks away. I was in tears by the time I got home and I am sure I was horrible company.



I am already getting recommendations for an acupuncturist. What is MSN? I found that I can control my ibs better with supplements and diet changes. I hope that I can eventually do the same with the fibro.
My DH and I saw a purse that slings over the shoulder but also tuns into a back pack or sorts. It is custom made by this leather crafter we met at a show. DH insists I get one as it was sooooo comfortable. He will even custom place the pockets so I can get into it easier. Mine will actually be made for a lefty even though I'm right handed since with the Fibro it fit better that way. Super expensive 200+ so havent got it yet but DH insisits in a few weeks when all the money is in I have to get it. I know it will be a big help but WOW. So I'm having it made in a combo of brown and blak leathers so it will go with everything. I'm hoping with business picking up I can try chiropractic/acupunture etc. We have never been able to cover the copays even when insurance covered it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
Hi everyone!!

I feel so guilty having not posted in so long. I apologize, and miss you and send pain free hugs and more to you all.

Basically it was/is this. My mother is addicted to pain medication. She is also extremely depressive and suicidal. When her meds do no more for her, she calls 911 and goes to the ER. She has a hip replacement a few years back, and complains for more meds. In between all this, she calls me asking for MY assistance in killing herself. I can not begin to explain how hard it is. My sister is MIA for about 6 years now, so I am the only child, and feel guilt. I finally just lost it on her, and told her that I love her, BUT my children come first. They were home for the summer and listening to me on the phone. I tried at best to hide, but really they are 13 and 17. I grew up with her attempting suicide every so often, and I refuse to have them go through it. The guilt sets in, I feel guilty. It is hard to just cut off ties, but I almost did. I told her that if there was anything I could do (without assisting suicide) I would do it. I would walk in fire I told her, If it helped, but I am not just going to get in the car and run to her house or the ER.. She gets nasty after, telling me I am lazy, making up illness?????? Very nasty. I am waiting on a referall for a therapist because it is sucking every bit of energy I have. She says I am so lucky to be healthy???????? I just don't get it, and I never will. I feel I have lost my mother while she is alive.

I saw my Dr yesterday, and I will begin to try rehab to go search for work part time. He thinks it won't happen, but we will give it a go. If not, my disability will be until I am 65.

My husband booked a VERY last minute cruise 2 weeks ago on the Explorer. IT did a WORLD of good, just having NO communication with my Mom. I worried, but I knew she would do fine... We literally booked on a Thursday, and embarked the following one.

I hope you all forgive just posting and leaving. I will try to be a more frequent poster..

XOXO Sherrie
I'm sooo sorry!
I have family like this. I'm so glad we live 11hrs away. Cant do anything and no guilt. I have to remind myself my kids/dh is MY family they Must come first. If I can help the rest great if not well that cant be my first priority. Family like this seem to feed off the drama. it never ending and I will not havemy kids live with the never ending drama I lived with. Its abusive and I will not take part in it. Easier said than done I'm afraid. While DH1 was dying they were no where to be found and when I first got sick ditto. That gave me permission to let go. ENJOY THAT CRUISE! Good hubby


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this. My family has so much drama. (Not to that extent) When we lived in Oregon, we were always getting dragged into all the drama. We moved out here to NC and I LOVE it! I know that sounds cold and unfeeling. But I just needed some space for OUR family (dh and the girls) I didn't want them growing up the way I did.

It was the BEST decision I have ever made for my family. I know not everyone can do that. We have a lot of family so I did not leave anyone out there alone. We have lived here for 5 years and next year we are flying out to visit (the first time since we moved) and I am so STRESSED out. I am really not looking forward to all the drama.
Amen to moving Hope your visit goes well. My DF just visited and it was really nice. I always hold my breath til the end though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg View Post
Hi,

My name is Debbie and my doctor suspects fibro, I have all the tender points plus some. My symptom is pain, my husband doesn't believe me when I tell him it hurts when he touches me, it's hard for me to understand it either, it shouldn't hurt to be touched but it does. Hurricane Isaac just came through and it was horrible, especially my hips and legs.

My doctor tried cymbalta but I couldn't handle the side effects, so we're trying savella now, it seems to be helping some. I've been off work for the past two months, I had surgery on my heel and achilles tendon, my incision got infected with strep and the surrounding tissue started to die. Now I'm going to wound care with hyperbaric oxygen therapy five days a week, I've had three debridements done so far with more to come.

I'm glad I found this thread, sometimes it makes things better just to find people who understand what you're going through. We have a trip planned soon and I insist that we are going to be able to go, looks like I'll be renting an ECV but I'm still going!
Welcome

So glad to see so many new posters. We have had so quiet spells with many of us having bad weeks. Hopefully we can all chat a bit more now.

Sending pain free vibesand pixie dust to all
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #1522
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,816

I haven't posted in a while, but just saw this thread. I LOVE the heating pad that seaspray posted. I have a CVS near me, have to look into this. My fibro has been horrible lately and my stomach is now bad too. Doctor says everything looks OK, but I hurt all over and at times I want to scream because I have had enough. I am sorry to hear that so many people are hurting too, but I have to say it really helps me to know that I am not alone. Wishing everyone a pain free labor day week-end.
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #1523
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Well I've been very lazy weekend. Not feeling great but not awful but my house is clean enough to allow somone through the frount door so thats progress
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #1524
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,049
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Well I've been very lazy weekend. Not feeling great but not awful but my house is clean enough to allow somone through the frount door so thats progress
I agree with that! Lazy long weekend around here too. Just got the necessary things done, and I can live with that.

I must look into this heating pad as well. We don't have CVS, so I will lurk online. Winter is quickly going to approach and that is the WORST time for me.. anyone else?

Sending painfree hugs and kisses xoxo

Sherrie
PS. The cruise was awesome. JUST what was needed.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #1525
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 954

Just back from the Rheumatologist's office. Got an official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. He is having me take Gabapentin ((Neurontin) in the evening to help with the pain and sleeping. I am supposed to stop taking the ambien at night.

He also gave me a referral for water physical therapy.

It has been a rough weekend. I am hoping that these meds start working soon!
__________________
Me DH dd18 dd10 Buddha Winnie



Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #1526
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,049
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Just back from the Rheumatologist's office. Got an official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. He is having me take Gabapentin ((Neurontin) in the evening to help with the pain and sleeping. I am supposed to stop taking the ambien at night.

He also gave me a referral for water physical therapy.

It has been a rough weekend. I am hoping that these meds start working soon!
I hope so for your sake.

ALthough the official diagnosis for me wasn't a surprise. It just felt kind of good to know there was SOMETHING for my pain. KWIM?
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #1527
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Well its been a crazy day. Awoke to our fridge at 60dgrees which was no surprise its been dying for awhile just needed another week to get the cash together to buy a fridge. Then after dh left i went to drive my little one to school and a dead battery. Luckily dd couldnt find her lunch box and I went out to look for it and noticed van didnt sound right and couldnt slide the door ;( this gave me enough time to get a tow truck and get her to school on time. A year ago this would have thrown me two years ago I would have been in tears. Today I was like oh well, could have been better timing but we knew we had too replace that fridge and battery soon. Amazing what having the cash for the emergencies can do for your emotional state. We have never been this stable before so its a new feeling

Tonight storm systems are rolling through and my legs are killing me. You know the kind of pain where you wish you could pop off your legs for the night then pop them back in the morning. Oh to be Mrs potato head right now! LOL DH stuggling with lyme and allergies right now so we make quite a pair. I joked imagine what we will be like at 80 and dh said he doesnt want to think about it if it will be worse.

Well half fell asleep. Awoke with leg pain. Tried bengay. Guess now its pain meds and melatonin for me.

Hope you all have pain free vibes and pixie dust tonight
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #1528
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,049
DISboards Moderator

Oh boy Bonnie, all that in a day.. Glad you were prepared financially..

I KNOW exactly the pain of which you speak. My legs have been horrendous for about a week. Normally they go on/off, but this has been sticking around for a week or so. Hope you can sleep..

Today our province voted for a Premier. Basically we lost Sucks, because the elected parties want to separate from the rest of the Country. INSANE. Sadly though, watching the victory speech live with my son earlier, it went haywire. A protester fired outside, and caused a fire. So far one person has died and at least one more critical. I just can't sleep now, it was all too much for my frizzled brain.

My Mother went back in my ambulance this morning. Same story. I just feel so guilty having not much sympathy. I picked up my daughter after school and went by there. I dunno anymore, I just don't know...I'm there I have no patience because she is a zombie and then I get home and feel like crap about my attitude.

Well, I will try to sleep. Painfree hugs to all
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #1529
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!
 
tiggspring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh Pa area
Posts: 1,912

Rough night

Has anyone tried soothanol2? Just heard a ad and was wondering if this natural product was worth the cost.
__________________
~Bonnie~
MeDHDD 14 DS 12 DD 9Sesi 6 Garfield 5yr Yuki 5yr Yeti 5y

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #1530
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious
 
mommasita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 19,049
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Rough night

Has anyone tried soothanol2? Just heard a ad and was wondering if this natural product was worth the cost.
Hugs to you.. I can't find the smiley.

I haven't heard of it.
__________________
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survivor-Tocantins***Winner is named in thread*** 4greatboys Community Board 489 05-22-2009 07:32 PM
Swine Flu - General Discussion and how it affects Disney maroo Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1952 05-19-2009 09:22 AM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 07:02 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 11:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: