Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #91
maroo
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!!!

How cool!!!

That car is so fantastic! I, too, am jealous! How cool was that?

Sounds like you guys did get treated like royalty! Universal just keeps getting brownie points from the Wish Trippers. Awesome!

I am loving your TR!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #92
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Cool that they got to go right into the car! I'd be jealous too!

LOL! showers and Barney!

Is that play area as filthy as it looks in the picture?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #93
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post

Is that play area as filthy as it looks in the picture?
No ... I think it was just shadows or something.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #94
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure

We left Universal Studios and went to Margaritaville for lunch. It was okay.

After lunch, we went to Islands of Adventure. We all fell in love with Seuss Landing, going on all the rides. Then, I took Kaziah, Marenna and Lilyanne and we went to the wet playground called If I Ran the Zoo, while Tom took Jackson on some big roller coasters.

If I Ran the Zoo was so fun. It was a warm day and even I slipped off my shoes and waded in. Marenna carefully rolled up her leggings ... and then got completely, completely soaked. After a while, Tom and Jackson came back and they joined in playing with us. Honestly, all the rides and meeting characters, and this is probably my favorite memory. We just had so much fun playing and being with each other.

Okay, now are you ready for some MAGIC?

Really, you're ready???

Okay!

After our playtime in the water, we meandered toward the exit. We saw a sign for Spiderman and headed that way. A CM saw Marenna's pin from several yards away and came over to us. “Going to see Spiderman?” Yup. “Have you seen the other characters?” Ehh, no, she doesn’t really know them. “Well, if you can wait about 7 minutes, you can meet ALL of them, together!

The CM led us around the corner and had us stand back. In just a few minutes, here they came, whizzing around the corner!

(Marenna likes Spiderman, but Wolverine had just gently patted her on the head, and those claws were too much for her. She stayed right by me for the rest of the meet.)

How wonderful is Universal!!!!

On weekdays, Universal doesn't stay open late, so we headed home for a quiet evening in. First, we went and picked out some DVDs from the GKTW library to watch. Then, we went by the theatre and picked up some concessions to take back to our room -- sodas, popcorn, and that candy powder stuff. Then back to our villa, where we ordered pizza. Fun! Last, Mayor Clayton came and did the tuck in. All four kids, even my eldest, were excited about the tuck in. My camera battery died in the middle, but on one of the disposable cameras, I have more pics. Note to self: get film developed.

Next up: an intermission from the trip report to post some Photopass pictures.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #95
maroo
DIS Veteran

oh, I love it, love it, love it!

I love that you guys just spent time together playing!! And the character meet - how AWESOME!!!!! Universal has stepped up! I love it.

And movies...pizza...hanging out at the villa...what an awesome night!

Great update! Loving your TR! Can't wait for that intermission!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #96
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

What a fun update! I love the play area! I have never seen it with that much water but then again I think it has always been December lately!

The kids look like they had a blast and I love the fun evening together in the villa! A perfect ending for the day!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 06-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #97
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Photopass Pictures

Old 06-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #98
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Photopass pics - Epcot and Hollywood Studios

Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #99
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

I've been following your trip report and I had to finally post. I'm so glad that your family had this time to spend together at GKTW and enjoying the different parks. The pictures reflect the great time you all had together. Great photo pass pictures from WDW too! Can't wait to continue reading about the rest of your trip report.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #100
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

The Photopass pictures are great!!!!! LOVE 'EM!!!!!

Anyone who has any doubts about buying the photo pass needs to just come on over here and take a look, I am sure these adorable shots will change their minds.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #101
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

I am enjoying reading your report.
I wish I had time to read EVERY MAW trip report, but unhappily, I have a job and my work here is just volunteer time.

If you would not mind, I would like to post a link to your trip report in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. You can follow the link in my signature to that thread and the MAW information is in post #3 of that thread.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 06-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #102
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
I am enjoying reading your report.
I wish I had time to read EVERY MAW trip report, but unhappily, I have a job and my work here is just volunteer time.

If you would not mind, I would like to post a link to your trip report in the disABILITIES FAQs thread. You can follow the link in my signature to that thread and the MAW information is in post #3 of that thread.
Thank you! I'm honored!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #103
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

I've been MIA from the DIS for a few weeks but loved your last few updates! I am so glad to see you guys got special treatment at US/IOA. You got some fabulous photopass pictures! Hope you all are well!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #104
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Coming Soon!

Boy, before our trip, I have to admit ... I couldn't understand why it took so long for some people to post their trip reports. Well, now I get it! (And I have become "some people.") Life interferes!

Good life, for us. We just got back from a trip to the mountains of Pecos, NM. We'd had this trip planned for last summer, my whole family getting together, but then they found the recurrence ...

But we got to go this year and had a wonderful time. Something about being around a river, very healing.

About to continue the trip report!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #105
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Tuesday

Our last full day ... and last "park" day ...

Greased up with sun lotion (we had run out of the spray on and the stuff in the tube was a lot greasier) we headed out to breakfast. But first, a ride on the carousel. Wouldn't all of our days be better if we could have a carousel ride, first thing?

Then over to the Gingerbread House for breakfast. Oooh, those waffles!

On to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Lilyanne, Marenna and I went to the Playhouse Disney show while the others went to ride roller coasters. We showed them Renn's pin and they put us to the side to wait for a special place up front.

WARNING WARNING WARNING! Heed our advice! You do not WANT a place up front. This is a puppet show, and everyone sits on the ground, below the stage. Which means that, sitting up front, your child will see this:

My advice: thank them kindly, then ask politely if you may sit farther back.

After that, we went outside to meet some friends:

By now, we were starting to learn the tricks of finding the characters. By the Playhouse Disney stage, there was an area (can't remember the name), kind of like a museum of the cartoon work. Down into that, we found lots of friends.

The Incredibles! Like many families, we're big fans, since we secretly know that WE are the Incredibles, with our own super powers. But ... "Dad" Incredible was just too big, too scary for Renn. But "Mom" was just fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: