Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #76
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Sunday - Animal Kingdom and Epcot!

Sunday morning we got up, ate breakfast in our villa, and headed out to Animal Kingdom. We knew that we were going to end at Epcot, so we parked there and took a bus to AK.

Kaziah was very excited. One of her favorite characters is Pocahontas. Pocahontas was really cute. She asked how we journeyed here. When Jackson said, "By plane," she just looked at him blankly and said she didn't know what that was.

Marenna LOVES Donald Duck. I said something about how I wasn't sure why, and a friend said, "Because he's AWESOME." Hmm. I guess there's a Donald Duck Cult.

Tom's favorite is Goofy!

And who doesn't love Chip and Dale? By the way, Animal Kingdom was good about pulling us to the front for pictures. We waited in line for Donald, and they told us "don't do that!" We did, occasionally, have to lurk around the "exit," making sure the GAC and button were visible. But they took it from there.

We were walking down the path to see Eeyore, Pooh and Tigger, and here came Pooh behind us. He grabbed hands -- this is one of my favorite pics.

OH NO, Pooh is eating Kaziah!!!

Phew, it was just a kiss.

We REALLY wanted to see Piglet -- note Marenna's gorgeous Big Give dress. But they told us that the only place to see Piglet was at the Crystal Palace! So, be warned, if you're a Piglet fan.

Sometime after this, Marenna sacked out.

So I sent the older ones off with Tom to do the Yeti ride. Meanwhile, we went looking for the Chai Freeze. Had to meander a bit -- it's off to the side. Huh ... no straw, no lid. The CM explained that it's for the animals' protection. Yep. It's not good for animals to drink with straws. They drink too fast and get brain freeze.

Marenna woke up and we squeezed in a safari before we left AK.

Took a bus, headed back to Epcot ...
Old 05-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #77
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I had no idea that you could only see Piglet at the crystal palace! I really do learn something new every day!

the kids all look so cute! I love Pooh holding their hands!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #78
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Great tip about parking at epcot and taking a bus to DAK. I will definatly steal that one.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #79
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Great tip about parking at epcot and taking a bus to DAK. I will definatly steal that one.
Yeah, I had been under the impression that the monorail connected everything. Such a cute newbie. To go between the two, ya gotta take a bus. Or your car. But it was SO nice at the end of Epcot to just walk out to our car. OH ... and at Epcot, if you ask for the Diamond Parking (just show your child's GKTW button), you are right up front!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #80
WishMom09
Mouseketeer

Oh I just LOVE that pic of Pooh holding their hands! That is too sweet!
Looks like a fun morning at AK...can't wait to read more!!

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR

Old 05-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #81
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

The part about the cheerleaders had me laughing so hard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewarriorsmom View Post
Ehh, (shrug) ... it was free, you know? I hate to complain, looking a gift horse in the mouth. But it was very helpful for me when other MAW-ers told the fabulous and the not as fabulous so that I was better prepared for our trip.

It's the code.

Now, by the same token ... that was just us. I know there are others who had fabulous trips to Sea World.
I'm sorry you felt that way about Sea World, I would love to go there again some day, we just haven't been able to afford it for awhile. We have always had a great time there when we've been.

Quote:
A brief announcement:

I haven't posted lately because I was out of town. Got back this week, and Marenna had scans today.

NED - No Evidence of Disease!

Posting to resume ...
YEAH!!!!

Last edited by teresajoy; 05-24-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #82
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had a good day at AK. Love the Pocahontas interaction and glad to see your GAC and Wish pin did the trick today. Love the interaction with Pooh and the gang but was sorry to see Piglet did not get to see his beautiful dress. Not to question a CM but I am pretty sure I saw Piglet in the UK but I could be wrong. Looking forward to the Epcot update!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #83
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Epcot in the Afternoon

So, we left Animal Kingdom and got on a bus to get to Epcot. Other than the Chai freeze, we hadn't had anything to eat. I knew there was tons of good stuff at Epcot! In retrospect, probably should have taken some granola bars. Everyone was really starving.

We got to Epcot -- food, food! I had my list of "must try" things. Even though we live in Texas, we were so starving that we stopped in Mexico for some nachos, churros and of course ... free ice tap water!

After that, we went to Norway for sweet pretzels, school bread, and lefse. We got a couple of each and cut them up for sampling.

Why do I have no pictures? I don't know! Too hungry, I guess!

We headed back up to the front for some rides, like Spaceship Earth. After that, the older kids had things they wanted to do. We headed over to Mission Space. Little Warrior and I waited outside for them, taking pictures of each other.

And waited. And waited.

Even with the GAC, it took a long time. It was at this point that I said, Okay, this isn't fair to Marenna. We're spending a lot of time waiting for you guys to go on rides. Plus, the non-world showcase part was going to be closing at 7. So, we started doing things that she could go on -- like the Nemo ride and the Turtle talk show with Crush.

And I got to go on the only ride I felt strongly about -- Soarin'! I wish they'd lower the height restrictions for that.

In our walking around, we found the Coke pavilion. Of COURSE I directed my 13 year old to try Beverly!

There is this giant fountain towards the front of Epcot. A few times a day, music comes on, and there's a "show" with giant spurts of water timed to the music. Very pretty. Well, we were walking past it, and this giant gust of wind came from nowhere!

Completely, utterly, all the way to our undies SOAKED! We just looked at each other in shock and laughed. It was so focused, the water, that we were the only people to get wet. People around us were laughing sympathetically. Poor Kaziah and Marenna -- they were in the stroller, so had no idea what was coming.

I went in to the store right there to see about getting a tshirt. The prices were so high, I decided to just suffer.

Now that we're freezing and wet, time to eat! We headed back to the International side to go down my list of must-eats. Hmm ... Japan -- Kaki gori. A snowcone. And we were freezing. No thanks! Italy -- Bellini. Ditto! Okay, on to France and the Boulangerie Patisserie.

We went through and just got an assortment of stuff, like in Norway, sliced them up and shared. Ham and cheese croissants, apple tart, napoleons, chocolate mousse ...

YUM! It was SOOO good. We went back through the line and everyone got to choose one thing to have for breakfast. Even amongst the kids, the ham and cheese croissant was the most popular.

It was getting dark now. We wandered around the other "countries," stopping to watch the fireworks.

Thoroughly worn-out, we headed for "home."
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #84
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Burrr! That would be chilly if all that water splattered on you! I love watching the fountains *dance* as I like to call it.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #85
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thoroughly worn-out, we headed for "home."
I love this photo, so sweet! I just love Marenna in that dress! It makes me happy I didn't know that about piglet either! Once I waited and waited out side Mission Space for DH and the big kids for what seemed like forever! Then it was my turn to ride and as I exited the ride but before hitting the dump shop I found DH with the Littles happily enjoying an indoor playground! Now we know to just walk in through the exit to the playground waiting area, much better! I can't believe you got so soaked! I've never watched that fountain show. Maybe that's a good thing!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD15 DS13 DS10 DD7 Buddy
Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 AM   #86
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Oh, sorry you got so soaked!!!

Last year when we were at AK, they had Piglet down there with the other characters. I'm sorry you didn't get to see him!

I love that last picture of Marenna!! She looks so adorable!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #87
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Hi, I just stumbled upon your TR and have loved reading it. I think I alternate between laughing and crying. You are a funny writer! And the pictures and memories are just melting my heart. That's great news about the NED! I'm a pedi nurse and we see our fair share of Wilm's tumors where I am, so it was great to read about your trip. I can't wait for more!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #88
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

the picture of pooh holding the children's hands is priceless xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 06-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #89
littlewarriorsmom
Mouseketeer

Monday - Universal Studios

Everything others have said about Universal Studios parks treating you like royalty – very true. The vast majority treated us as special, treasured guests.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. First, we went over to the GKTW theatre to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

After a quick change for Marenna and Lilyanne, it was off to Universal!

We went to Universal Studios first. Met Shaggy and Scooby (the kids were all excited that Shaggy knew how to pronounce Kaziah’s name -- he read it off her tshirt), in front of their mystery van. The handler instantly saw Marenna’s pin and pulled us to the front. After that, it was Woody and Curious George.

Wandering around, we found Donkey and Shrek. The handler looked right at Marenna's pin, but didn't say anything. No biggie, the line wasn't too long. Well, the handler might not have "seen" the pin, but Donkey sure did! When we were in front of him, he called out for Shrek to come join him with us. Pretty cool.

We went down to "Woody’s Place" … nope, not open til 11. We wandered around a little, getting a Starbucks for me (which Marenna proceeded to drink) and putting the older kids and Tom on The Mummy, which they loved. We were headed back to the Woody zone, when we came across Doc and the DeLorean from Back to the Future. Well, Jackson was thrilled since he’s seen all three Back to the Future movies. “Doc” had tamed a squirrel and was feeding it when we walked up.

He spotted the GKTW pin right away and said, Oh, let’s have a really good picture. He reached into his pocket and pulled out car keys! He opened up the DeLorean and Jackson got to sit inside for the picture. He was so thrilled! (And there were some grown up men behind us that were completely jealous!)

Okay, so over to Woody’s place. We went on the roller coaster – Marenna’s first. She was so thrilled with it, shrieking and giggling the whole way. When it ended, she went over to the CM … “Can I go again?” We had to wait one go-round (some sort of policy), but then got back on. Did some of the other rides, then it was off to see Barney. We got to meet Barney ahead of the show. I considered thanking Barney for giving me so many showers through the years (by keeping little ones occupied so I could take a shower) but figured it might be misconstrued.

After that, we got directed to a special place to stand to wait for the show. (The show starts outside the theatre.)

We were seated in the front row and then the professor character told us to wait after the show. There was one other wish family with us, and we got to have more time with Barney. He won’t admit it, but I think even my almost-13 year old was happy. He grew up with Barney!

After that, back out to Barney's play area to romp around. Anyone who tells you Universal is mostly for older kids -- nuh-uh! There are tons of cool play areas. More than Disney, I think.

We did some more rides here and there (including another Woody's roller coaster ride) and stopped by to see SpongeBob before we left.

Lunch time! ...
Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #90
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Barney is my favorite!! I just love it when they do the show. I agree, Universal is great for the younger bunch. Alot of the rides aren't for them but it all very nice to take them to.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: