Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 04:17 PM   #751
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezar View Post
Another great update!!!

Love the pic of Dan & Donald and that he went off on his own to do it.

Isaiah strikes me as the full of fun joker in your family from that Viking pic!

Cute pic of Jonah with his big old popsicle!

Beautiful tiara but a little too pricey for me, too! LOL @ it being "out of the royal budget!"

Glad the KP mission went well again!
You've totally got Isaiah pegged! He constantly cracks me up! And I'm thrilled that Dan still lets himself enjoy Disney, even at 14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Great update Missy! Love that tiara!

Sounds like you didn't have the bird problem we usually have at the CS in Mexico! Ick.... (Although this last trip with just Shawn and I, the birds stayed far enough away from me that I wasn't grossed out).

Love the pictures with Donald and your teenager! How memorable!

Waiting to hear about Soarin....

Sara
I remember reading about how you were worried about the birds there...the only birds we had were the little family of ducks. Good thing, because I hate birds and that would have ruined my YUMMY meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Hey!

I am really enjoying your TR - I'm only part way through but I SIMPLY had to remark on a picture you posted on your Ohana breakfast morning!

An ARMADILLO!!!!

Flashback to 2006 - my first time at WDW - the very first day, in the car on the way to MK with DH, two daughters, parents in law and niece.

Still got jet-lag - I look out of the car window to see ...... an amadillo toddling up the side of the road!

'An amadillo!' I exclaimed. NOBODY BELIEVED ME! They thought I was delusional! (We don't get many armadillo's in Yorkshire)

So now it's a bit of a family standing joke - how I 'imagined' the armadillo in WDW. Last year we went back to Florida and I looked in vain for another one to prove I was right - I had to console myself by buying a cuddly amadillo called Armand!

So, thank you for your picture! I showed it to my husband!

Enjoying reading all about your adventures with your boys! Fantastic!
Hi MAMA!! That's a great story! I'm glad I could provide you with some evidence!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #752
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Lurker here-subscribed

What a great day you guys are having at Epcot. The Mexico pavillion is one of my favorite places in all of WDW! I spent alot of time in the glass shop last year and finally found some cute earrings on sale that I had to buy. This year we have ADR's at San Angel and I don't even like Mexican! That is how much I love the atmosphere in there! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY

Last edited by orangecats2; 09-02-2009 at 06:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #753
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Great update Missy! Sorry it took me so long to get here. You have no idea how many times I clicked on the link only to be called away from the computer...finally got it read though.

I'm glad KP was a success. I'm really looking forward to it! Probably more than my kids are. Okay, definitely more than my kids are...since they don't even know we're GOING to Disney World and they have no idea what a KP mission is. But still. I am looking forward to it.

I'm thinking I might have to work a Mexican CS into our trip. I have to look at the itenerary again. I just cancelled our San Angel ADR because I think most of my family wouldn't eat there, but if I remember right the CS has more, uh, normal stuff like tacos and burritos, doesn't it? Plus with CS we can do like you did and the people that don't like it can go somewhere else!

LOVE the pictures of Dan and Donald. I hope my boys still want to meet characters at 14!

NO idea what school bread is. Guess I must have missed those threads. I'm not surprised you weren't hungry though. Not surprised the boys WERE either!

Great picture of Isaiah as a girl...I mean Viking!

Looking forward to the rest of your afternoon (hope the trouble to get on Soarin' was worth it).
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #754
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
What a great you guys are having at Epcot. The Mexico pavillion is one of my favorite places in all of WDW! I spent alot of time in the glass shop last year and finally found some cute earrings on sale that I had to buy. This year we have ADR's at San Angel and I don't even like Mexican! That is how much I love the atmosphere in there! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

HI and thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hello!

Jeff and I hope to go on a "mom and dad only" trip soon and San Angel is a place I would love to eat! It looks so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Great update Missy! Sorry it took me so long to get here. You have no idea how many times I clicked on the link only to be called away from the computer...finally got it read though.

Life..UGH!

I'm glad KP was a success. I'm really looking forward to it! Probably more than my kids are. Okay, definitely more than my kids are...since they don't even know we're GOING to Disney World and they have no idea what a KP mission is. But still. I am looking forward to it.

LOL! You're killin' me!

I'm thinking I might have to work a Mexican CS into our trip. I have to look at the itenerary again. I just cancelled our San Angel ADR because I think most of my family wouldn't eat there, but if I remember right the CS has more, uh, normal stuff like tacos and burritos, doesn't it? Plus with CS we can do like you did and the people that don't like it can go somewhere else!

If I remember correctly, our combo platter was a taco, a burrito, and a quesadilla. And part of what I really enjoyed about the CS plan was the freedom to be able to eat in different places if we chose.

LOVE the pictures of Dan and Donald. I hope my boys still want to meet characters at 14!

Me too!

NO idea what school bread is. Guess I must have missed those threads. I'm not surprised you weren't hungry though. Not surprised the boys WERE either!

I swear I'm not sure how I'm gonna keep feeding these boys!!

Great picture of Isaiah as a girl...I mean Viking!

LOL! I love that pic!

Looking forward to the rest of your afternoon (hope the trouble to get on Soarin' was worth it).
Soarin' is such a great ride! That story is coming up!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #755
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Thought of you yesterday....

Ok now don't be mad....

I was reading my Hidden Secrets of WDW book yesterday while waiting in the car-line at school to get the kids and there was little tid-bit:

"It may be delicious when used as a flavoring in candy and other food products, but birds don't like methyl anthranlite, one of the components in Concord grapes. While the kiddies are happy chugging down the flavoring in a grape soda, birds won't go near the stuff, making it a safe, effective, tasty means of avian discouragement."

I hope you like grape soda!

Scrappie
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #756
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Ok now don't be mad....

I was reading my Hidden Secrets of WDW book yesterday while waiting in the car-line at school to get the kids and there was little tid-bit:

"It may be delicious when used as a flavoring in candy and other food products, but birds don't like methyl anthranlite, one of the components in Concord grapes. While the kiddies are happy chugging down the flavoring in a grape soda, birds won't go near the stuff, making it a safe, effective, tasty means of avian discouragement."

Scrappie
I'm furious!!! LOL! Grape soda, huh? Well, I can handle grape soda on occasion, but I think I may just make it a habit to have a handful of Concord grapes with me at all times!! Thanks for the tip, Julie!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #757
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Ok now don't be mad....

Scrappie
Okay, that is just and even more is the fact that it made you think of Missy!

And, yes, Missy. I am laughing at your expense. Sorry (well, no, I'm not really).

Now somebody tell me how THAT is a "hidden secret of WDW" (and you can laugh at MY expense)
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #758
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And, yes, Missy. I am laughing at your expense. Sorry (well, no, I'm not really).

Now somebody tell me how THAT is a "hidden secret of WDW" (and you can laugh at MY expense)
You're not laughing AT me, you're laughing WITH me.....right, Heather!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #759
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I've recovered from the excitement of the armadillo and I'm all caught up! (The joys of being a teacher on school holidays!)

I've sooooo enjoyed reading about your escapades and can't wait to read some more! Although my heart lurches every time one of your boys loses something!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #760
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay so ya'll go ahead and laugh at me all you want but somewhere I have missed something. What's this talk about birds and grape soda?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #761
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Hi!

I've recovered from the excitement of the armadillo and I'm all caught up! (The joys of being a teacher on school holidays!)

I've sooooo enjoyed reading about your escapades and can't wait to read some more! Although my heart lurches every time one of your boys loses something!

Yay for being caught up!

I believe we are all done losing things...once I appeased the "god of all lost things" with my Tink watch we did pretty well holding on to our stuff!!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #762
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay so ya'll go ahead and laugh at me all you want but somewhere I have missed something. What's this talk about birds and grape soda?

Hi Lisa!!

I'm sure you are aware of my F.O.B. (FEAR OF BIRDS!!) Anyway...Julie was just sharing with me (go back a few posts) a great tip about how birds don't like the chemical in Concord grapes! LOL! So either I take stock in grape soda or I carry grapes wherever I go!

Hope you're having a GREAT day after your less-than-great one yesterday!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #763
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi Lisa!!

I'm sure you are aware of my F.O.B. (FEAR OF BIRDS!!) Anyway...Julie was just sharing with me (go back a few posts) a great tip about how birds don't like the chemical in Concord grapes! LOL! So either I take stock in grape soda or I carry grapes wherever I go!

Hope you're having a GREAT day after your less-than-great one yesterday!
I guess I missed or forgot the whole fear of birds phobia. Maybe you can find some grape scented body spray at Bath & Body Works. Spray that stuff all over you and you'd be good to go!

About 4 or 5 years ago, maybe longer, we were eating outside at the Electric Umbrella (in Epcot). Hunter dropped a french fry on the table and was about to pick it up and eat it. (Boys will be boys and the 10 second rule still applied.) Lacey grabs it off the table and puts her hand in the air with the french fry. A big black bird dive bombs her and grabs the french fry out of her hand. Lacey goes nuts and we start laughing hysterically. I guess the bird spotted the fries in front of John because he flies back over and lands on John's shoulder. John starts trying to shoo him away but, of course, is laughing so hard it doesn't do much good. The bird is scrambling around trying to get a foothold on the back of the chair when I finally hit it with the tray and it flew off. Needless to say, the bird didn't come back.

So, the moral of the story is....either get some grape body spray or carry a food tray around with you. The birds are sure to stay away.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #764
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I'm furious!!! LOL! Grape soda, huh? Well, I can handle grape soda on occasion, but I think I may just make it a habit to have a handful of Concord grapes with me at all times!! Thanks for the tip, Julie!
You could make a necklace of them and wear them around your neck....

Quote:

Ok so in this book, every few pages or so the author inserts these little interesting facts and that was what the "birds don't like grapes" thing was...she just had talked about how there are deternets on the Effiel Tower to keep birds from landing on 'cause otherwise it would look all out of proportion....

sorry Missy
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #765
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I guess I missed or forgot the whole fear of birds phobia. Maybe you can find some grape scented body spray at Bath & Body Works. Spray that stuff all over you and you'd be good to go!

Now THAT sounds like a GREAT idea!!

About 4 or 5 years ago, maybe longer, we were eating outside at the Electric Umbrella (in Epcot). Hunter dropped a french fry on the table and was about to pick it up and eat it. (Boys will be boys and the 10 second rule still applied.) Lacey grabs it off the table and puts her hand in the air with the french fry. A big black bird dive bombs her and grabs the french fry out of her hand. Lacey goes nuts and we start laughing hysterically. I guess the bird spotted the fries in front of John because he flies back over and lands on John's shoulder. John starts trying to shoo him away but, of course, is laughing so hard it doesn't do much good. The bird is scrambling around trying to get a foothold on the back of the chair when I finally hit it with the tray and it flew off. Needless to say, the bird didn't come back.

Oh my goodness...ON HIS SHOULDER!!??? I would have been so busy freaking out that I would never have had the presence of mind to hit it with a tray! I would have been screaming like a little girl and running from the scene!

So, the moral of the story is....either get some grape body spray or carry a food tray around with you. The birds are sure to stay away.
I did Flights of Wonder this trip...but only because I love my family and they wanted to see it! Jeff sat with his arm around me the whole time. That whole "birds flying all over the theater" thing really freaks me out!

Just a thought...if I get grape body spray to keep the birds at bay...will the bugs find me even more tasty??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: