Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Knelson85
Counting down the days until our Disney Wedding!!

Escape Invite Questions!

Hey Escape Brides!!!

I have a few questions for you. We are planning on getting married early next April...we obviously do not have it booked yet since it is over 8 months away, but we do have our photography booked (Randy, YAY) and he seems to think we will get our date. Anyway, since we are coming from far away (Ontario) we want to make sure our guests have a lot of time to save up if they decide they will come..

....So, my question: Has anyone sent out an early invite just asking people if they think they can make it? The reason I ask is because we have more than 18 people we would want to be there, so if we know some cannot make it, we can move to more people. I just don't want some people to decide last minute they cannot come, since that will be leaving it too late to invite others.

If anyone else has done something similar, or has any suggestions, I would love to klnow!!

Thanks!
Knelson85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

We are planning on an Escape wedding Sept 2010 and are travelling from Nova Scotia - we have already verbally confirmed most of our guests for that same reason...I am planning to send out official invites when we can book the date - but I had to let them all know ahead due to the travel/money and the restrictions on the # of people that you can invite!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Knelson85

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nova Scotia!!! Almost all of my family is from there, so I have spent a lot of time there.

Just wanted to say that!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
ffmf
Earning My Ears

Yayyy Canadian Disney brides! I live in Alberta but have family in Upper Stewiacke, Nova Scotia

I am having a Wishes wedding and am only about 9 months out so we'll only need to do one invitation but check out this thread for ideas:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&highlight=STD

There is a really awesome post about a pre-wedding questionnaire that someone did that I thought was really well done.

Hope this helps
ffmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
twenty3curls
Mouseketeer

I'm from Detroit...I can see Canada....that counts, right?!

We're hoping for a date next March, so we're in a similar boat - pretty sure we'll get it, but not confirmed until July. Many of our guests are parents or grandparents, so they're pretty much all retired (lazy bums!). But, we have quietly mentioned the date to the 6 friends we're inviting. They all seem on board right now, but I am working on making our save-the-dates and will send them out the second our date is confirmed. On the save-the-dates, I'm going to ask that people let me know immediately if they don't think they will be able to attend. That way I can add someone else to the list before I send out invites and give that person enough time to plan/save.

Seems like the best I can do.
twenty3curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
ffmf
Earning My Ears

You may also want to find out if Disney does STD for escape weddings. I know they do them for the wishes wedding. A lot of people send out STD in addition to the Disney ones (upon signing the contract) but I am not so creative and happy to have Disney do the work for me
ffmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

I am about 6 months out, so i am asking people about now if they can come, and people who are obvious invites (parents, siblings, best man, etc) I am sending their invites soon...

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

We made a list of people we have to invite (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.) and then a list of "back-ups" (friends, cousins we don't see much, etc.). Our first list came out to 18 people so we talked to all those folks first on whether they'd be able to come. The people that said no (mostly the grandparents who can't travel well) we'd go to the back-up list and ask those people. Once we'd get a definite yes from someone they'd get the formal invite with the invitations I designed and made. (Although I made way more invites than we needed so people like the grandparents could have one anyways as a keepsake even if they didn't go).

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffmf View Post
You may also want to find out if Disney does STD for escape weddings. I know they do them for the wishes wedding. A lot of people send out STD in addition to the Disney ones (upon signing the contract) but I am not so creative and happy to have Disney do the work for me
The STD's are only for Wishes weddings. For our escape wedding we sent out STD's well in advance of the invites and then people started telling us on their own if they thought they could make it or not when we saw them. You could always do a tentative RSVP with the STD's and just note on there that you're just collecting possible yes's now and that they'll recieve a formal invite and rsvp card closer to the date.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Knelson85

Thanks everyone!

I think I am going to do STD with the pre-RSVP questionnaire I got from the STD link. I changed it up a bit in powerpoint, and has less questions, but it should do the trick.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 AM   #11
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Let me know how this works out for you.... i was thinking about sending out STD's for our october 2010 escape wedding. if you don't mind i'd love to see how you set them up and the RSVP questionnaire too!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #12
Knelson85

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
Let me know how this works out for you.... i was thinking about sending out STD's for our october 2010 escape wedding. if you don't mind i'd love to see how you set them up and the RSVP questionnaire too!
Here is my STD, I made it on powerpoint

I will try and upload my rsvp questionnaire later today!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #13
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

See that I like! Not too much, just simple. I'm afriad of not getting the date we chose... i dont want to send out a STD for a date and then have it change... were you worried about that at all?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
Knelson85

Everyone getting the invite is aware of the fact that the date may change. However, we are really flexible on the time, so we are not too worried right now.

The STD's look way better when they are printed. We printed the onto HP photo paper, and they look professional
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
aduck126
DIS Veteran

i kind of just asked the people if they are going or not. i would not send out invites so early. my date was supposed to be Jan 11th and my back up was the 12th, i came to find out last week that BOTH dates are taken, so now im hoping for the 13th. but i was also told that my date could be "guaranteed" to me. especially since january right after the marathon, is like the slowest time...but i guess its not for weddings. so anyways, i would just ask people if they are planning on coming or not.
aduck126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: