Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #31
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Waiting time makes the difference

I have found that the difference between a bad attraction and a good one can be the waiting time and since there is never any waiting time for COP it is a good one! It is a relaxing show, great place to rest up a bit and just enjoy the hokiness that is Disney, at its best IMO.

SG

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Don't have time to update right now, I may get to it later tonight.

I was just checking in on posts.

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Bump

Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #34
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Why one earth would you skip the Tomorrowland Transit Authority? That's a classic! My kids love it and it's a nice little break--and never a line. Seriously. Don't skip that. Skip the speedway (you can find something similar to that at most any amusement park), but not the TTA.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #35
IMwink
Mouseketeer

OK, OK.

There have been enough users speaking in Defense of TTA.

I haven't read much on other sites that would make it be a great ride. I am still not convinced it is anything more than a time killer, I relaxing ride to get a way from the crowd. I know, you don't go to Disney for thrill rides, but I thought this was just one of those older rides that you did if you got the chance

Are the Lines Usually short for this ride? That would boost its usfullness in my eyes.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMwink View Post
OK, OK.

There have been enough users speaking in Defense of TTA.

I haven't read much on other sites that would make it be a great ride. I am still not convinced it is anything more than a time killer, I relaxing ride to get a way from the crowd. I know, you don't go to Disney for thrill rides, but I thought this was just one of those older rides that you did if you got the chance

Are the Lines Usually short for this ride? That would boost its usfullness in my eyes.
I have never waited in line for this ride. We have always just walked right on. My 8 year old LOVES this ride, and she has gotten me liking it too. Disney is not about the thrills, but the interesting little tidbits and the magic. This ride gives you a nice little tour or Tomorrowland and I wouldn't miss it!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #37
elump1
Mouseketeer

We have spent the majority of our last three trips to DW at MK, and you seem to already have most of the tips I know! We consider it an absoulte necessity to get to the park at least 20 min before opening. We get most of Fantasyland and Toontown (or Tomorrowland depending on the day) in the first 2-3 hours in the parks. The park seems REALLY empty during that time, especially compared to about 2 o'clock at Fantasyland it is packed then! We always hit Dumbo once or twice and then head to Pooh and ride it several times and then other rides - those are our DDs fav's so we ride them first so we can get more than one ride in without lines.

At toontown, we got to the princess/fairies meet as soon as it opened. Our DD wanted to meet princesses instead of fairies, and we found that princess line was MUCH shorter than the fairies line. There were about 15 of us waiting for princesses compared to about 75-100 waiting for fairies, and this was as soon as Toontown opened, so I would get there early because I can imagine that the wait only gets worse. We don't like lines, so we don't mind skipping things if they have a long line - it helps that our DDs are 3 and 1 and so there are very few "must dos" for them - they don't really know if we miss something! We also really like Mickey's Philharmagic - the girls love it and it is a nice place to cool off.

I know many people avoid parks on EMH days, but we always get park hopper passes so we do go to MK EMH in the morning, ride until it starts to get crowded, then head somewhere else. We found we could get alot done just during that hour of EMH and our girls are already up, so we figured why not? We also did MK EMH during the evening - somehow we were all still there and up for the second parade, and we found a place to watch it in Frontierland and there was seriously NO ONE around us at all. I don't know if this is normal or not, but we had a whole side of the rode to ourselves. We got alot of character interaction and it was wonderful!

Casey's has become our favorite CS in MK, not sure how it happened since all they have are hot dogs, but now Casey's just says "MK" to us. We love CP for table service.

TTA is great, especially if you just need a break for a few minutes. It is also a good way to pass the time if you have one child that doesn't want to ride something while the other does.

I think most of what I know is just a repeat of what you already had, but thought I would share anyway!

(DD4) (DD2)

elump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #38
IMwink
Mouseketeer

mom2rtk,

Exactly. I agree. I removed the TTA from the Skip list.

I think that we will do this during our first day at MK to see if the girls like it. It will still be used as a fill-in ride, at least for me.

At 5 & 6 years old the semi-thrill rides at Disney become BIG thrill rides.

Thanks for the tips

Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #39
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
mom2rtk,

I think that we will do this during our first day at MK to see if the girls like it. It will still be used as a fill-in ride, at least for me.

Thanks for the tips

Hooray!

The TTA is a great ride, especially at night. And the cheesy announcements are always good for a laugh.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #40
tinkerbelle_rox325
Crazy For Mickey Mouse!

Quote:
mom2rtk,

Thanks for the tips
YAY!
TTA is really great. And there are NEVER any lines.
we usually try to go there in mid afternoon when the park is most crowded to get away for a bit. It really is great.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
The ring in the concrete at the end of Haunted Mansion
I believe this was removed in the most recent rehab, because it was simply the remains of a steel pole that was cut off level with the concrete.
Quote:
Wake up Tinkerbell[/B] - in her shop, tinkerbell's treasures, its a sweet little surpise for any Disney fan
I think this is also no longer there. After all, Tinker Bell is in Pixie Hollow elsewhere in the park -- and she can't be in two places at once.

SSB
Old 05-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #42
lfwhipp
Who Dat Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment_626 View Post
I think this is also no longer there. After all, Tinker Bell is in Pixie Hollow elsewhere in the park -- and she can't be in two places at once.

SSB
she is still there, they removed the keyhole furniture, but behind the counter is a window with a screen, talk to the CM behind the counter and they can help you with Tink, she comes onto the screen, its cute and worth it if you are shopping in there, it isnt what it used to be, but it is still nice

July 79 Poly, Feb 92 POFQ, July 97 YC April 05 offsite, April 07 offsite,Aug 08 AS Mu w/ FD, Sept 09 PoP w/FD, May 11 BWI/CSR ,Dec 11 CBR, Oct 12 AKV-Kidani
lfwhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #43
blondeheroine
Mrs. Jack Sparrow
Hugh Jackman loves me, but he just doesn't know it
Horses Patooty is my middle name!

The Strawberry Swirl at The Enchanted Grove in Fantasyland. One of my absolute favorites.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #44
blondeheroine
Mrs. Jack Sparrow
Hugh Jackman loves me, but he just doesn't know it
Horses Patooty is my middle name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelle_rox325 View Post
YAY!
TTA is really great. And there are NEVER any lines.
we usually try to go there in mid afternoon when the park is most crowded to get away for a bit. It really is great.
TTA is closed until November for the Space Mountain refurb.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #45
DaveStroem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeheroine View Post
TTA is closed until November for the Space Mountain refurb.
TTA is closed till August 24th not November. Space Mountain is closed till November 21st.

Top 10 Tips for Disney Noobies
RideMax Users Thread
DaveStroem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, magic kingdom, secrets, tips, tricks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: