Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #46
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Hi! I just found your PTR. I love how you did the trip reveal to your kids! Soo cute!

Wow, you have a teenager now! And you went to a Miley Cyrus concert! Can't say I envy you

Your itinerary looks good. Will you be attending any MVMCP while you are at WDW?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #47
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Hi! I just found your PTR. I love how you did the trip reveal to your kids! Soo cute!

Wow, you have a teenager now! And you went to a Miley Cyrus concert! Can't say I envy you

Your itinerary looks good. Will you be attending any MVMCP while you are at WDW?
Welcome to my PTR! I'm so glad to have you.

Miley Cyrus was sort of a fluke thing. My DD and 11yo DS go to a tiny school of 70 kids (grades K-6) and the school was given 100 free tickets. So last minute we were offered tickets and ran with it. Let me say, it was a mass of kids and was quite an experience!

As for the teenager, my 13yo DS is the best kid ever. Kind and caring and responsible. He's just fabulous! I only hope that can hold on through his teenage years. So far no change, but it's only been a few weeks. LOL

I'm really torn on MVMCP. I'd like to go because I LOVE the special parades and fireworks (our only experience being MNSSHP in 2001). But we haven't heard such great reviews of MVMCP, hearing that it's overcrowded and such. DH doesn't think it's worth the $200-$250 it would cost for us to attend for 4 hours and I agree that is an exorbidant amount. We thought we could always add it on once we were there, for a day where the weather is going to be decent, if we want. So that's the plan. Though I have a feeling we won't be going. That would really eat into our souvenior money.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #48
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

55 days... that's how long we have. Seems like I'm just sitting her twiddling my thumbs for the next 55 days. Sure, we'll have to pack, but beyond that I think I have it under control.

I purchased Cinderella Carriages charms off ebay for Carissa and I to display our Pick-A-Pearls from Epcot's Japan.

ADR's were made, then changed but now I'm happy with the plans so they're pretty set in stone.

Just put a little more money in the savings account for spending on our trip. We now officially have "enough" money for spending while there and the trip is paid off, so anything extra we save now is just bonus money.

I do still have to prepurchase the PhotoPass CD, but can't do that just yet as it expires in 60 days. Another 2 weeks and I'll order it.

I'm sort of bummed because my family vetoed the idea of family shirts this year. You can see here that I made us all matching shirts:

Well, we wore them once or twice on our vacation and they have collected dust ever since. Apparently it's not "cool" to wear your "Pixley Family Disney Vacation" shirts and hoodies to school, so they kids never wore theirs. My big, bad, I'm-a-burly-cop DH wouldn't be caught wearing a shirt with a huge Mickey head on it (at least not where people know him) so his was never worn again. I wore mine, but I'm a Disney freak anyways, so I don't worry about what people think of it.

Anyways, this trip was coming up and I asked for some specialty designs to be made on the DISigns board. With a flourish I showed them to my family... who tried to be into it but really weren't. So I surrendered and have now settled on having plain colored matching shirts. So I think the boys will all have polo shirts and Carissa and I will have t-shirts that are the same color. I think us girls will have pink and the boys maybe blue or green. Compromise, you know. But either way, that's on my shopping list for some time soon.

Am I missing anything? Anything left that I must do? C'mon, I'm dying to do something!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #49
mandy2012
Mouseketeer

Old 10-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #50
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Ooooo... Ridemax December touring plans are available. I've been busy making different plans. Some parks are easier than others to plan using Ridemax. DHS is particularly difficult because it has TSM, ToT and our all-time fave RnR. I want to ride them multiple times each day and it keeps telling me there isn't enough time. *grump*
Old 10-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #51
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

The excitement is building and our Disneyworld vacation is quickly approaching. I was giddy when I picked up the mail today and received our very first Disney vacation documents - our luggage tags and boarding passes for Disney's Magical Express. Wahoo!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 AM   #52
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

33 days and counting...
Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #53
mandy2012
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Me and my boyfriend will be at POR 11/30-12/7 and doing MVMCP on 12/6. Your adr's look yummy!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #54
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

Joining. Anxious to see your daily plans and know if you get to do your favorites multiple times!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #55
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Hello hollybear! Thanks for joining in.

DS13 is coming home from visiting his grandparents today so tomorrow we're finally going to put together all our Ridemax plans. I'll let you know how it's looking for our daily schedule and whether we get to do all our faves over and over again!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #56
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

We're finally in the teens! Only 19 more days to go until we leave dreary, rainy Portland and fly across the country to (hopefully) sunny Orlando. The preparations are in full swing!!!

We did sit down as a family a few nights ago and made our Ridemax plans. We got everyones input on what rides they want to ride, which we need to do more than once, which we can skip, etc. Then we made printed the plans and are going to use them as a guideline for our days.

Our ADR's have been finalized for a while and we pretty much got what we wanted.

We did decide to purchase early-bird check-in for our flight home on Southwest, so we don't have to worry about online check-in while we're trying to enjoy our last full day at Disneyworld. But I'll be online checking us in 24 hours before our flight leaves Portland. Not paying for that one!

Today I started packing our first suitcase! I'm washing clothes and then pulling out those that are "mommy approved" for the trip. This means cute things, things that don't have huge skateboarding skulls on them or giant dragons. Things that will photograph well and keep us in the spirit of Disney and the holidays. Carissa's clothing was a bit more difficult than I imagined it would be, with trying to resist all those graphic shirts. I imagine the boys will be even harder! But I'll keep working on it...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #57
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

Holy moly, it's sneaking up on us very quickly! Just 9 more days until we leave and I'm sooooo excited. I'm feeling ill-prepared just because Thanksgiving is in our way and we've got family coming over. So I can set the suitcases up and start filling them up yet and I REALLY want to!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #58
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

We're back and for the most part had a FABULOUS time! I typed up journal entries each day after we returned to our room and they are LONG. So look for a trip report coming very soon! I'll link to it here when I start it.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #59
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

The trip report has started! And just in time for Christmas too. I can't wait to share all of our festive and fun moments with you. Thanks for reading our PTR. I'll meet you here next:
The Disney Finale: We're Cancelling Christmas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: