Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #61
debraW76
DIS Veteran

thank you Jackie. Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #62
daisyduck7
Earning My Ears

Cool Happy Mother's Day to US !

Well. hello, everyone. I just want to tell the moms, moms-to-be, and little future moms-to-be, a great big Happy Mother's Day to all. I have had a wonderful and full day so far, but I ain't done yet. My DSIL called me first this morning to wish me one on his way to church. Hey, Baby GirlI think you got a keeper in that one. I'll talk more tomorrow. Right now I am about to leave for my youngest DS's home to spend some time with him and his family. Bye for now.:grouphug :
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #63
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hapy Mothers Day to All!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #64
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Debra I just love your first day's itinerary
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #65
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

How did I miss this Pre-trippie?

DebraW, Love you, love your mom! (who could not love a grandma [so young at 29yr plus some months!] who has a Donald Duck avatar!).

Am I right in understanding this:
You + 5 kids in June at Disney (+ hubbie 4 days)
You + hubbie late September at US/HRH
You + hubbie + 5 kids (and mom?) in Oct at Disney?

Does he get to do Behind The Seeds at EPCOT this trip or in the Fall? (tell him his friends on the Disboards are keeping him in mind as well! Congrats on the new job!)

Wow! that's some Disney travel! I'm so jealous!
I'd need to win the lotto to manage that (and FYI! In Canada, you don't pay income tax on the lotto winnings! If you invest it, you pay income tax on the earnings of it, but not the original winnings!)

And Happy Belated Mother's day to you both and all the other mothers reading!

Last edited by WalkingintheFog; 05-12-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #66
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck7 View Post
Well. hello, everyone. I just want to tell the moms, moms-to-be, and little future moms-to-be, a great big Happy Mother's Day to all.
Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hapy Mothers Day to All!!!
hi Rosie. Happy Mother's Day to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Debra I just love your first day's itinerary
Thanks Jo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingintheFog View Post
DebraW, Love you, love your mom! (who could not love a grandma [so young at 29yr plus some months!] who has a Donald Duck avatar!).Thanks! My dad's name was Donald and everyone called him Duck. So Donald Duck holds a special place in mama's heart

Am I right in understanding this:
You + 5 kids in June at Disney (+ hubbie 4 days)
You + hubbie late September at US/HRH
You + hubbie + 5 kids (and mom?) in Oct at Disney?

Does he get to do Behind The Seeds at EPCOT this trip or in the Fall? (tell him his friends on the Disboards are keeping him in mind as well! Congrats on the new job!)
We are not doing October. I just can't get the price right. But I am making plans for October 2010!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #67
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Itinerary

Objective:
To visit 11 countries in one day.
Summary:
Go to EPCOT.

At Beirgarten last year. The kids still shout out 'ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggi **! **! **! at dinner.

When Alpha had the camera LOL!

Stuff my husband takes pictures of LOL

Actually he took a picture of the top of nearly every building but i wont post all of them.

I really like doing rope drop but I know my friends are not early birds and will not understand. Plus having driven 500 miles the night before I am not sure if I will be up to it or not. So the morning is kinda iffy right now. If I can talk everyone into doing rope drop then I plan on making it. Otherwise

I asked the kids to all pick a country that they want to visit.

Alpha picked Japan
Chi picked United Kingdom
Omicron picked China
and Delta picked Mexico

We are eating lunch at Marrakesh in Norway.

The other ones we will just skim unless something catches our eye.

I have debated on doing the KimPossible adventure and think we will skip it this year. The problem is they limit it to one kimunicater per 4 people. Since we will have 9 in our party that means we can get a maximum of 3 Kimunicators. I have 5 kids and I already know this will just be something they will fight over. I don't want to have to remember whose turn it is to do hold it etc. So I think we will just skip it. Sorry Kim.

In Future World I absolutely, positively have to ride Soarin. I am so ashamed to admit but i have never ridden Soarin. When we went to WDW in 2007 we skipped EPCOT altogether. And last year I got sick (I had bronchitis) on our EPCOT day and just didn't feel up to it. This year nothing is stopping me from riding Soarin.

Which ones do you have to ride and which ones can you skip?

Next... Day 3 Itinerary

Last edited by debraW76; 06-05-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #68
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Debra if you've read my TR you'll know my family has to ride TT, especially at night. We also have to do Soarin and MS. Every trip I also have to ride Imagination and the Land at least once too. Oh and the girls like Nemo and Turtle Talk, so basically everything

We also like to see Miyuki the candy lady in Japan, but she limits it to 1 candy per family, but still good to watch. Also there are now loads of characters around the World Showcase which the girls love to find
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #69
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
[/b]
DH and I aren't really big Epcot fans. But, I do drag him over there to ride a few things: Maelstrom, TT and maybe Soarin'. I'm still undecided on Soarin'. I enjoyed it our last trip, but I still don't quite get the hype. I think it's winning me over, though.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #70
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
I'm still undecided on Soarin'. I enjoyed it our last trip, but I still don't quite get the hype. I think it's winning me over, though.
I agree - I think we're WAY outnumbered on this, though LOL If we missed doing Soarin' this time, I don't think any of us would mind all that much

Our favourite Epcot rides are:

1. Test Track (without a doubt, my favourite ride at WDW, any park)
2. Mission: Space (not me, but my dh and my boys LOVED this one!)
3. I'm looking forward to trying Turtle Talk with Crush and Spaceship Earth (we didn't manage to get to those last time)
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 05-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #71
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
The kids still shout out 'ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggi **! **! **! at dinner.
My Leo made me stop with the "**, **, **!" Party-pooper.
Quote:
We're dorks; Living With the Land (or, in Leo-speak "The Veggable Ride") is always a must-do, as is SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I agree - I think we're WAY outnumbered on this, though LOL If we missed doing Soarin' this time, I don't think any of us would mind all that much
Add me to that list. I like it okay, but I could do without it easily.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 05-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #72
daisyduck7
Earning My Ears

Talking I'm gonna git on my pony and ride, ride, ride!!!!!!!

Hey, ya'll. I started this earlier, then my computer went kablooie and now, 5 hours later, I finally figured out what the problem was. It was a loose nut between the chair and the keyboard.. The kiddies are getting all excited about the trip, now that they know.......yep, she told em'. They are counting the days. Every time I wear one of my character:mickeyju m t-shirts, Baby Taugets all excited, pointing at them and calling out their names. I personally didn't ride that many rides, but I LOVE the shows, especially FOTLK. I loved Epcot. It was my first time to go there, but it definitely won't be my last. I know now, also, to set aside enough for the motorized chair for there, AK, MK, and the Studios one. I enjoy walking through DTD, and don't need one for the water parks. I am already trying to figure in my mind for October, during fall break, on-site, with free dining. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and send some my way.This time I will definitely be going to MNSSHP. I had a ticket for last year, but didn't go. Yeah, just crazy, I guess. Anyhoo, I'll talk to everyone later. Bye, now
Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #73
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Debra if you've read my TR you'll know my family has to ride TT, especially at night. We also have to do Soarin and MS. Every trip I also have to ride Imagination and the Land at least once too. Oh and the girls like Nemo and Turtle Talk, so basically everything

We also like to see Miyuki the candy lady in Japan, but she limits it to 1 candy per family, but still good to watch. Also there are now loads of characters around the World Showcase which the girls love to find
Yes, I am hoping to see Miyuki this time. I always seem to miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
DH and I aren't really big Epcot fans. But, I do drag him over there to ride a few things: Maelstrom, TT and maybe Soarin'. I'm still undecided on Soarin'. I enjoyed it our last trip, but I still don't quite get the hype. I think it's winning me over, though.
I at least want to ride Soarin once. I may agree with you afterwards though. We will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post

Our favourite Epcot rides are:

1. Test Track (without a doubt, my favourite ride at WDW, any park)
2. Mission: Space (not me, but my dh and my boys LOVED this one!)
3. I'm looking forward to trying Turtle Talk with Crush and Spaceship Earth (we didn't manage to get to those last time)
OOOO. I forgot about TTwC. I also haven't seen this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

We're dorks; Living With the Land (or, in Leo-speak "The Veggable Ride") is always a must-do, as is SE.

Add me to that list. I like it okay, but I could do without it easily.
hmmmm. I see a trend here with the Soarin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck7 View Post
I am already trying to figure in my mind for October, during fall break, on-site, with free dining. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and send some my way.This time I will definitely be going to MNSSHP. I had a ticket for last year, but didn't go. Yeah, just crazy, I guess. Anyhoo, I'll talk to everyone later. Bye, now
Mom, I think we are going to skip this October and start saving for fall break 2010. I just hope i get another free dining pin code.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #74
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Itinerary

Objective:
Visit with friends.
Summary:
Rest and relaxation at the resort before my girlfriends have to leave.

Mel will need to leave for the airport around 3, Jenn will just have an hour to drive so she will be staying until later. And Sun, well, we still haven't heard if she is coming or not. Knowing her we wont know until Oh, June 3rd or so...

I'm really keeping this day open to do what my girlfriends want to do. But so far it looks like swimming, and/or shopping. Except I don't have any money for shopping so I guess it looks like swimming.

After the girls leave I want to take the kids to Ft. Wilderness or the GF for S'mores campfire, the Water Pageant, and Wishes. Any recommendations on a viewing spot for wishes that pipes in the music? We watched from the Poly beach a few years ago but I don't remember hearing the music.

Any other suggestions for an easy day?

Next... Day 4 Itinerary

Last edited by debraW76; 06-05-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #75
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
REALLY? This was Jimmy's favorite part

Quote:
After the girls leave I want to take the kids to Ft. Wilderness or the GF for S'mores campfire,
We did this with Jimmy at Fort Wilderness and he loved it. Check the movie schedule on the camping boards before you leave and you will be able to see what movie is playing on the day you want to go. The time we went we just stayed for the Campfire Sing Aong and then left. The Movie was Herbie the Love Bug...not the good one, but the one with Lindsay Rehab

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND

Tags
june 2009, kids

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: