Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #31
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralexander97 View Post
What a wonderful family, four boys and one girl, they are all so cute. I bet it is nice to have shopping buddy. I have two boys and just had my girl about three months ago, its nice to finally have another female in the house.
Thank you! Yes, she complains sometimes about being the only girl but I have overheard her say to other that she gets special treatment because she is the only girl. So she knows its a good position to be in even if she doesn't admit it to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck7 View Post
You know I would have been on the first page if I had known about this one. I just didn't realize that it had been a week since I had last checked in. Would you like another grown-up along to help with the kiddies iraterincess:? If you don't need any help, that is fine. We will be having VBS that first Saturday, so I'll still have something to do that I enjoy, but if you do, let me know asap so I can start saving, because I will need extra for the motorized cart thingee Okay, back to the reason I am posting for the second time today. I DO need your help to do the favorites thing for this link, so I don't have to go all the way around the world to connect. I am looking forward to reading and adding to this new PTR . I'll just go ahead and admit it.......I am hooked on these disboards. Well, I gotta go again. Tis time to clean off the desk, fix the coffee pot for in the morning, set the alarm , and LLLLEEEEEAVE this place, only to come back in the morning and start all over again. Bye, ya'll,see ya on the flip side.......She is going to take ALL 5 of the kiddies, by herself, innthe van, for 5 days.......Okee Dokee. YOU GO, BABY GIRL
Hi MOm. I added this thread to your favorites this morning. Let me know if you need anything else and I will let one of the kids help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Signing on for more! I often say that trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until my next WDW vacation!
Hi and thanks for joining.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #32
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer

Talking

I'm in..I love reading your trip report and your kids are just so cute.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I am a thirty something mother to 5. I work part time as an engineer in the Aerospace field. I am the children's worship ministry leader at our church, Den leader to Omicron's tiger cubs, Tball team mom to Omicron and Deltaís team, avid scrapbooker, family organizer and vacation planner, & karate class and cheernastics chauffer.
I don't know how you do it!

Quote:
Omicron: Heís my fish that swims in the opposite direction. He often waits to see what everyone else is doing before he decides he wants to do the exact opposite. He doesnít have to be right; he just has to be different. His drawings are all abstract because he doesnít want to put the eyes and mouth where everyone else put theirs. Heís very smart, creative, and funny.
I know him - Omicron sounds a LOT like my Leo, lol!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #34
daisyduck7
Earning My Ears

Wink So, do you need assistance or not? HMMMMMM?

Yes ma'am, yes ma'am, and I thank you very much. Did you think about what I asked about? I am serious about the fact that if you don't need any assistance, with all 5, count 'em, 5 kids, that will be fine. But if you need me to go with you, I'll need to start saving. The scrapbook retreat for that weekend in June has been postponed til about the 3rd weekend in July. I will also need to know what kind of ticket to order, or get there on-site. Gotta go again, all three of the phone lines are going crazy this morning, and I think I feel a coming on. Talk to you later. Bye, ya'll, and BE BLESSED.Hugs and kisses all around. Mom.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #35
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpapsgirl View Post
I'm in..I love reading your trip report and your kids are just so cute.
Thanks. I see you are going in just 3 weeks. Are you doing a TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I don't know how you do it!

I know him - Omicron sounds a LOT like my Leo, lol!
HA! At the hospital the nurse asked him which scent he preferred for the gas they gave him. She said they had bubblegum, grape, etc. He said "Do you have wet dog?" He is always making me laugh!
And at Karate they play dodge ball at the end of class. He was bragging how he was the first to get hit because he didn't want to dodge the ball he wanted to get hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck7 View Post
Yes ma'am, yes ma'am, and I thank you very much. Did you think about what I asked about? I am serious about the fact that if you don't need any assistance, with all 5, count 'em, 5 kids, that will be fine. But if you need me to go with you, I'll need to start saving. The scrapbook retreat for that weekend in June has been postponed til about the 3rd weekend in July. I will also need to know what kind of ticket to order, or get there on-site. Gotta go again, all three of the phone lines are going crazy this morning, and I think I feel a coming on. Talk to you later. Bye, ya'll, and BE BLESSED.Hugs and kisses all around. Mom.
I think I got it. As you will see I will still have plenty of help in the parks. On other days we will just hang out at the resort. I sent you info on the free dining in October though...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #36
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Your kids are so cute Debra and wow you are one super busy lady!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #37
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Your kids are so cute Debra and wow you are one super busy lady!!!
Thank you Jo. You are a great friend.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #38
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Tales of Disney Past

My first trip to Disneyworld was when it was just the Magic Kingdom in 1980ish with my family (mom, dad, 2 brothers and 1 sister. I remember very little from this trip. I remember the Topiaries and landscaping shaped like the characters. I remember loading Peter Pan’s Flight with my dad – I was stunned that the floor was moving and I remember him grabbing me and pulling me on the ride in quite a panic. And I might remember looking at an enormous model train set with my dad. Perhaps Daisyducks7 can fill us in on more details?

I visited again in 1993 on a school trip. We were on our way back from Key West and stopped for a day in the parks. We could choose any one park to visit. I knew nothing of Disneyworld and so my friend S. told me that MK was boring and that we should go to EPCOT. So I ignorantly followed her. We had stayed up the night before watching a space launch and therefore slept most of the day on benches and rides inside the park. Also S. had brought with her a dozen or so t-shirts and she was trading them with different cast members. I was completely turned off by this as I had just broken up with Zeta (my husband) and was not interested in meeting other boys. Keep in mind that I was a thrill seeker and this was before TT or Soarin, add that to the t-shirt trading friend and being extremely tired and you have a not so fun trip to DW.

In 1996 my XH and I purchased a vacation package that included 3 nights in Orlando & 2 nights in Daytona. I didn’t realize that it was a timeshare solicitation. Luckily when they realized we were college students and made almost no money they didn’t require us to take the timeshare tour. We went to MK, MGM, EPCOT, and to downtown Orlando to Church Street Station.

In 1997 my X and I had another trip to DW to use up the rest of our tickets we had bought the year before. We stayed with my friend Jenn’s apartment (she was a student at FIT) and she joined us in the park. In spite of being with my X who disliked crowds, heat, lines, waits, people, or walking, I was starting to feel the Disney Magic. We visited MK and Church Street Station again.

1999-when I first found out I was pregnant went to visit my parents who were staying in Melbourne, FL. My dad’s health required him to move to a warmer climate during the winter so they were living in their RV on the beach. I wanted to tell my parents in person that I was pregnant but my X didn’t want to come so my friend Mel came with me. We stayed at Jen’s apartment again. We didn’t visit the theme parks but Jenn took us out to DTD, Celebration, and Boardwalk. This is when I realized how much more there was to Disney than just the parks and the love for Disney started to grow.

In 2000 I visited Disneyworld in my dream. I was 7-8 months pregnant and I dreamed that we went to Disneyworld but my baby didn’t come with us. I left her with someone to go on vacation but I couldn’t remember the details. It was a very weird, yet real dream. I called mama and told her about it (they were home now) and she said that my daddy had a dream the same night that he was watching my baby for us. It was so real to him that he woke mama up in the middle of the night to look for the baby because she wasn’t in bed with him. I decided to go and visit my dad that weekend and when I left he cried and begged me not to go. He told me that he wasn’t going to live to see my child be born. Had I known he was telling the truth I would have stayed a little longer. That was the last time I saw my dad as he died when I was in the hospital giving birth to my daughter. Even though he didn’t see her in real life, I am thankful that he got to see her in his dream (while I was in WDW) before he left us.

In 2001 we went to Universal Studios. I was Pregnant with Omicron. It was another timeshare trip but this time they made us take the tour and my X bought in. Loved Universal! But I vowed to come back when I wasn’t pregnant so that I could ride the coasters.

2003 I made it back to Universal Studios. Mama, Chi, Omicron, My niece Nat, and I visited a friend who lived an hour away then drove over to US for a couple of days. I loved the Dueling Dragons Coasters! As we were leaving we drove by Disneyworld and I felt a strong desire to go back. While I had a blast at US it just wasn’t the same magic that you can find at Disney. This is why I think I qualify to take all 5 to Disney. This trip I took omicron (2), Chi (4) and Nat (5) and Mama (59) so I’ve already been with 4 kids!

In January 2004 my X, Chi, Omicron and I went to Disneyworld and stayed at Sheraton Vistanas. A few months before we went my friend gave me her copy of the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I said thanks and put it away until our trip. Since we had been a couple of times I really didn’t see the need to read a book about it. On the drive down I decided to open it up and I read that darned book from cover to cover. Every page was something new and exciting to me. I had no idea there was so much to WDW! I didn’t know about ADRs, Fantasmic packages, viewing spots for parades & fireworks, autograph books, character meals! You mean people actually made touring plans?!? On the way down I was able to book us a meal at Akershus with the princesses, and a Fantasmic! Dinner package at Mama Melrose. We visited all 4 parks and because of the touring plans and the tip of going back to the rooms for naps, we had a blast. This is when I became addicted to not only Disney, but vacation planning in general. I learned that you can do so much more with just a little planning.

In 2006 (post divorce) Mama, Chi, Omicron and I went to Universal Studios with a buy 1 get 1 free deal they were offering. We flew down and stayed somewhere offsite. Discovered valet parking and felt it was worth every penny!

In 2007 we went with family & extended family and rented a 7 bedroom home with a private pool. There were 17 of us total. This was our first vacation as a newly blended family. Mama came as well as my MIL, Zeta’s aunt, cousin, and her three kids, plus our 7. With very young ones the private pool was incredible. We could cook dinner or do laundry while the kids played and they loved it. Plus we had grandmas to watch the baby while we went back out in the evenings. On our visit to DTD Chi saw the BBB. I had tried to get her a ressie but there wasn’t one available the entire trip. When she saw it she cried. I had never seen her want something so badly in all her life. I felt horrible. I offered her everything but she just wanted to be a princess. So I told her…How about I bring you back for your birthday?

October 2007 - I take Chi back for her birthday and she gets to do BBB in the castle. We invited her BF and her mother. The girls had a blast. We even got to eat dinner in the castle after their appointments. What a wonderful birthday present for her.

October 2008 we went again as a family plus mama and my niece Nat. This was our first time staying onsite. We had a split stay at the Yacht Club and ASSports with free dining. I loved getting to use Disney transportation and not have to load everyone up in the van every time we wanted to go somewhere. But the MNSSHP was the highlight of the trip. In spite of all the fun, on the way home we decided that we would not return for 2 years. Yea right. By December I was already planning our next trip which is the one you are reading about now.

June 2009 – we are going as a family and staying in our timeshare offsite.

September 2009 I am taking DH to US for his birthday (just the two of us). We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

October 2009 – I got another free dining pincode and am desperately trying to talk my DH into going again but him and my checkbook keep telling me no.

Next... Day 1 Itinerary

Last edited by debraW76; 05-08-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #39
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps Daisyducks7 can fill us in on more details?

Hi Debra's mom

Quote:
Also S. had brought with her a dozen or so t-shirts and she was trading them with different cast members.
I don't get this

Quote:
and to downtown Orlando to Church Street Station.
I loved Church Street. Rosie O'Grady's and the Cheyenne Saloon were my favs

Quote:
I decided to go and visit my dad that weekend and when I left he cried and begged me not to go. He told me that he wasnít going to live to see my child be born. Had I known he was telling the truth I would have stayed a little longer. That was the last time I saw my dad as he died when I was in the hospital giving birth to my daughter. Even though he didnít see her in real life, I am thankful that he got to see her in his dream (while I was in WDW) before he left us.
I cried reading this

Quote:
I learned that you can do so much more with just a little planning.
And a Focker was born

Quote:
By December I was already planning our next trip which is the one you are reading about now.

Quote:
September 2009 I am taking DH to US for his birthday (just the two of us). We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.
WE are doing 2 nights a US/IOA in August (after 7 days at WDW). Staying at the Royla Pacific. We can't wait. It looks like a blast. I was there twice for one day trips. Can't wait to see a little more.

Quote:
October 2009 Ė I got another free dining pincode and am desperately trying to talk my DH into going again but him and my checkbook keep telling me no.

V - Debra needs some Fuzzy Disney Math lessons

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #40
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I don't get this
I didn't get it either. I think she was trying to get penpals or something (this was before email LOL). She brought with her into the parks several t-shirts. She would find a hot CM and strike up a conversation with him. Then she would ask him if he had a t-shirt he wanted to trade with her? The she would give him her t-shirts that she brought and her name and address for him to mail her a t-shirt.
Like I said I was really not interested in boys during this time of my life. I was annoyed the whole trip because I wanted to explore and experience everything and she just wanted to talk to boys LOL!!

I loved Church Street. Rosie O'Grady's and the Cheyenne Saloon were my favs
I loved Church street too. Wonder if they will bring it back since they closed PI?

I cried reading this
AW! I didn't mean to make anyone cry! It is a sad story I suppose but it is a good memory for me

And a Focker was born

Haha

WE are doing 2 nights a US/IOA in August (after 7 days at WDW). Staying at the Royla Pacific. We can't wait. It looks like a blast. I was there twice for one day trips. Can't wait to see a little more.

V - Debra needs some Fuzzy Disney Math lessons
I can't wait until our US trip. DH really wants to stay at HRH and since it is his birthday... I think we will have a blast with the front of the line express card thingie you get for staying onsite. Plus it is off season so crowds should be minimal.

Right now I can't get an October trip for less than $2500!! We bought 10 day no expiry tickets in '07 and will use up the rest of the days in June. So our next trip we will have to buy new tickets for everyone and that is killin my budget. I even tried different ticket options for this trip (upgrading to no expiry or AP) but nothing can get me below that $2500 and that is just for room and tix! Plus we would have to start paying for Tau because he turns 3 this summer. But I just hate the thought of throwing away a free dining pincode.
But if you or V could help me with my fuzzy math to make October...
Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I just loved reading about all of your past trips Debra, so sorry about your Dad though
Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #42
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

Quote:
I can't wait until our US trip. DH really wants to stay at HRH and since it is his birthday... I think we will have a blast with the front of the line express card thingie you get for staying onsite. Plus it is off season so crowds should be minimal.

Right now I can't get an October trip for less than $2500!! We bought 10 day no expiry tickets in '07 and will use up the rest of the days in June. So our next trip we will have to buy new tickets for everyone and that is killin my budget. I even tried different ticket options for this trip (upgrading to no expiry or AP) but nothing can get me below that $2500 and that is just for room and tix! Plus we would have to start paying for Tau because he turns 3 this summer. But I just hate the thought of throwing away a free dining pincode.
But if you or V could help me with my fuzzy math to make October...
Have you stayed at the HRH before? We are going in June and staying five nights @ HRH. It was a hard decision to make between HRH and Royal Pacific, I chose HRH because DH loves music.

1985 DW-Off-Site as kid 1996 DL-Off-Site as a teen, 2006, POFQ 2009 BWV & Hard RockPre-Trip Report
Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #43
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I just loved reading about all of your past trips Debra, so sorry about your Dad though
Thank you Jo
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralexander97 View Post
Have you stayed at the HRH before? We are going in June and staying five nights @ HRH. It was a hard decision to make between HRH and Royal Pacific, I chose HRH because DH loves music.
No, We have never stayed anywhere onsite at US before. We chose HRH for the same reasons - DH is a metal head. Since we know we are going to Orlando in Sept we can really make this trip about the kids.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #44
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice look back at the trips of yesterday...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #45
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice look back at the trips of yesterday...
Thanks Scott. I wish i had pictures. but most of those were before digital photography.

Tags
june 2009, kids

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: