Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
DCrockett
Earning My Ears

Annual Passholder Question

How many rooms can you reserve with your annual pass? I know it used to be 3 then it was changed to 1.
DCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

One room per adult AP. So if there are two adults in your party that have AP's, you have one reservation under each name and book two rooms. If there are three in your party with AP's, then you can have one reservation under each name and book three rooms. If there's only one AP holder in your party, then you can only book one room. The primary name for each reservation must be the AP holder.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCrockett View Post
How many rooms can you reserve with your annual pass? I know it used to be 3 then it was changed to 1.
I have an AP rate room and I was able to make a seperate room res. for my sister with my AP discount. I just called to make sure she doesn't need an AP and they said no. I don't even nee to be there to check her in. They also said I was allowed to make one more room res. with my AP so maybe the 3 rooms still apply. I would call and double check. All I know is that I was able to do it. Good luck!!!
polyforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
RFrank9504
DIS Veteran

Smile

ok-its one room per AP-unless you are adding another room conjoining into yours.

Palm Beacher
RFrank9504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
mbanks21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post
I have an AP rate room and I was able to make a seperate room res. for my sister with my AP discount. I just called to make sure she doesn't need an AP and they said no. I don't even nee to be there to check her in. They also said I was allowed to make one more room res. with my AP so maybe the 3 rooms still apply. I would call and double check. All I know is that I was able to do it. Good luck!!!
If I were YOU I would call. They did change it to one per AP from 3 last year. Sounds like you got a new/uninformed CM. They MAY ask your sister to pay rack rate if she cant produce an AP at check in
mbanks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

From Mousesavers.com:

Annual Passholder rates for the Walt Disney World resort hotels are often the best discounts available -- up to 45% off. For the past several years, Annual Passholder rates have been available for most of the year, but Annual Passholder rates are NOT always offered and frequently are not offered during peak holiday periods.

You may book one room per Annual Passholder at the special rates. The Annual Pass must be in the same name as the person whose name appears on the reservation, and the credit card used for the reservation must belong to the Passholder. You cannot use a child's Annual Pass to reserve discounted rooms.

You are not required to have the Annual Pass at the time of booking. However, if you have booked an Annual Passholder room discount, you should be asked to show your pass at check-in. If you only have an exchange certificate and haven't had time to get it validated before check-in, don't panic. Normally they will accept the exchange certificate as proof at check-in, or the front desk clerk may ask you to come back and show your validated pass at some point before you check out.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
From Mousesavers.com:

Annual Passholder rates for the Walt Disney World resort hotels are often the best discounts available -- up to 45% off. For the past several years, Annual Passholder rates have been available for most of the year, but Annual Passholder rates are NOT always offered and frequently are not offered during peak holiday periods.

You may book one room per Annual Passholder at the special rates. The Annual Pass must be in the same name as the person whose name appears on the reservation, and the credit card used for the reservation must belong to the Passholder. You cannot use a child's Annual Pass to reserve discounted rooms.

You are not required to have the Annual Pass at the time of booking. However, if you have booked an Annual Passholder room discount, you should be asked to show your pass at check-in. If you only have an exchange certificate and haven't had time to get it validated before check-in, don't panic. Normally they will accept the exchange certificate as proof at check-in, or the front desk clerk may ask you to come back and show your validated pass at some point before you check out.
I guess I got lucky when we made the res. because I could book three rooms at a great rate with my AP. I have called several times since and spoken to several different cast members and we are all set. We didn't even have to pay with my credit card. We did book it in Jan or early Feb so maybe they hadn't changed it yet. The room was almost half off so luckily we were able to do it or my sister wouldn't be able to afford it. I think it is always important to check with Disney and if it doesn't sound right then have them send you a confirmation e-mail and once you have it in writing you should be all set.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I got lucky when we made the res. because I could book three rooms at a great rate with my AP. I have called several times since and spoken to several different cast members and we are all set. We didn't even have to pay with my credit card. We did book it in Jan or early Feb so maybe they hadn't changed it yet. The room was almost half off so luckily we were able to do it or my sister wouldn't be able to afford it. I think it is always important to check with Disney and if it doesn't sound right then have them send you a confirmation e-mail and once you have it in writing you should be all set.
you can have a confirm for a room at the AP rate, but you could hav a problem once there if you don't have an AP. they can charge the rack rate if you don't have the ap. I think that all info is linked by a phone number. When we checked in last May and purchased the APs, both CMs asked for a phone number. At checkin the CM didn''t ask to see the AP, however, knew we had one after they asked the phone number. I don't know how they knew, just a guess.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
polyforme
Mouseketeer

I hope we don't have a problem at check-in since I have confirmed all the details and that only I would need an AP. I would be very upset not to mention my sister cannot afford the rack rate so I am praying all will be well.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope we don't have a problem at check-in since I have confirmed all the details and that only I would need an AP. I would be very upset not to mention my sister cannot afford the rack rate so I am praying all will be well.
I would check and make sure. They wouldn't even let me book a room at AP rate for my son, We were going on another PIN. I called just to see if rooms were able to be booked.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you are all set that you have a reservation that requires an AP at checkin. I beleive it says that from what I recall. Have you stated to all the other CMs that your sister doesn't have an AP or are you just confirming a reservation. Don't forget, you don't have to have the AP to book, just checkin.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #12
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Yes, you are all set that you have a reservation that requires an AP at checkin. I beleive it says that from what I recall. Have you stated to all the other CMs that your sister doesn't have an AP or are you just confirming a reservation. Don't forget, you don't have to have the AP to book, just checkin.
Actually I just called again today after I saw the original post just to make sure and had them pull up my sisters res. and the cm said that we were both all set and that she does not need an AP just me. I even thought I would have to check her in but he said no. I have talked to Disney many, many times since making the res. and always was told that under my AP I could book three rooms for that discount so I must of got in just before they changed it to one room. I guess worst case would be that she would have to pay for an AP instead of her 8 day park hopper ticket which I belive would be around an additional $200. There is nothing else I can do but hope for the best!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
MariaElleršoš
DIS Veteran

I have called 3 times this past week with questions regarding a large family group for next summer. Each time I've been on the phone with Disney I've asked this very question and each one gave me the same answer. 1 adult AP can book up to 3 rooms.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
polyforme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaElleršoš View Post
I have called 3 times this past week with questions regarding a large family group for next summer. Each time I've been on the phone with Disney I've asked this very question and each one gave me the same answer. 1 adult AP can book up to 3 rooms.
I know- me too so I wonder which it is??? Oh well, I guess I will take Disneys word for it and be able to get both the rooms with just my AP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: