Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
sexymickey
Mouseketeer

Disney Weight Loss

i want to lose weight for when i go to florida so i can wear a bikini
how can i lose weight by december

Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door
:P Roses are red...violets are blue...who cares...So ArE cRaYoNs :P
If swimming is so good for you're figure how do you explain whales?

I tried to slam a revolving door....yeah. Didn't work out so well.
sexymickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
PAdisney1995
Can't wait till vacation

I've been on a diet since Feb. I've lost 28lbs. I only eat 2 meals(one that is cereal) and I only drink water and diet soda, tea. I also exercise. Good luck!!!!

PAdisney1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

I can help Last year I lost 40lbs in 6 months

1) Try to eat 1500-1700 calories a day. Dont try to cut foods out of your diet (like sweets or chips), its better if you keep eating everything you like but eat less of it. Also, dont starve yourself, try to eat 3 meals a day. If you starve yourself you'll end up gaining more weight in the long run

2) Exercise. Id suggest walking about 1-2 miles 3-5 days a week. Also, try to do exercises every night, my routine is 50 jumpin jacks, and 100 crunches (the chrunches really help with getting a flat stomach for a bikini)

3) Drink water, I cant urge this enough. Once I stopped drinking everything but water I started to lose a lot more weight.
saratogadreamin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
♥Ariel♥
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymickey View Post
i want to lose weight for when i go to florida so i can wear a bikini
how can i lose weight by december
I dont know what you are thinking unless you just want to be bikini ready by december. But me being from florida and everything i have one thing to say so listen carefully: It may be warmer down here in the winter than in the north but it is still cold enought to keep people out of the water. You will not wear a bikini in december in FL unless you want to get pnemonia!

But if ur just trying to be ready by then i suggest lots of water and AT LEAST a 30 minute walk every other day
♥Ariel♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
disneyworldluvr349
Hello, I'm a Twilightaholic
We are the one's who make a brighter day, so let's start giving
I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways

I am trying to loose weight too! Only our trip is way sooner than yours, it's in June! I just started these week, dieting and stuff, limiting my calories, and adding 30 minutes on the eliptacle every week. We should post our activities on here, and what we ate, keep each other motivated you know?
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been.
disneyworldluvr349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
dissmember
Earning My Ears

you can think about raven Simone before you try to eat.
dissmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
disneyworldluvr349
Hello, I'm a Twilightaholic
We are the one's who make a brighter day, so let's start giving
I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways

Aw, I think she is actually quite pretty for her weight...
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been.
disneyworldluvr349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
acesupercoolme
Let the music be your master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdisney1995 View Post
I've been on a diet since Feb. I've lost 28lbs. I only eat 2 meals(one that is cereal) and I only drink water and diet soda, tea. I also exercise. Good luck!!!!

That's totally unhealthy, you should be eating more than just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ariel♥ View Post
I dont know what you are thinking unless you just want to be bikini ready by december. But me being from florida and everything i have one thing to say so listen carefully: It may be warmer down here in the winter than in the north but it is still cold enought to keep people out of the water. You will not wear a bikini in december in FL unless you want to get pnemonia!

But if ur just trying to be ready by then i suggest lots of water and AT LEAST a 30 minute walk every other day

I don't know why you're being so unsupportive.. if she works hard enough she can do it.

Anyways.... try not to eat so much unhealthy food, replace it with better things.
And don't do the same exercises every day, do cardio twice a week, lower body one day, upper body another day, then core, have one day to rest, and then go for a run or something the next day.
And drink a LOT of water.
You might also want to get some books or dvds with workouts.

And the wind began to howl...
acesupercoolme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesupercoolme View Post

I don't know why you're being so unsupportive.. if she works hard enough she can do it.

Anyways.... try not to eat so much unhealthy food, replace it with better things.
And don't do the same exercises every day, do cardio twice a week, lower body one day, upper body another day, then core, have one day to rest, and then go for a run or something the next day.

Thats what I thought, I just didnt want to be the first to say it
Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
PAdisney1995
Can't wait till vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesupercoolme View Post

Its funny you think that. I first started my diet by eating 3 meals, however I gained 8lbs. I eat a nice breakfast(2eggs,toast,a cookie) and come dinner I eat cereal, fudge bar, and sometimes a little bit of meat. If I told everyone how much I weight before you would be shocked!!! I sleep much better at night and have much more energy all day!!! I don't think you need 3 meals a day, 2 is more appropriate. And if everyone thinks eating 3 meals helps lose weight they need to think again!!! Once a week(my family eats out) I get anything I want. Not everyone can eat 3 meals and loss weight(I'm one of them).

PAdisney1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Ariel♥ View Post

Im from NY and Id wear a bikini in Florida in December. To people from the north Florida in December is quite warm
Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
chisnpeke
Got the blues on purple tag night
But there is NO WAY I could kill an animal and get it ready for eating

You need to be eating at LEAST 1200 calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and store all your extra fat. I track them on http://caloriecount.about.com/ and it has helped a lot!

I've been dieting for about a month and I've lost around 3-5 pounds, depending on the time of day I weigh myself. I also ride a stationary bike a few times a week for 30 minutes each time. I lift light weights and use resistance bands as well. I also bought a portable pilates thing at Walmart and I really like how it uses my muscles.

I am dieting for Disney so I can eat more while I'm there and not have to worry so much about eating bad because I love the food in Disney.

I have limited my Coke habit to a 2-3 times a week I'd say and drink iced tea instead. It can be done! Don't deprive yourself completely of things you enjoy because then you'll just binge on them.

Also, you need to focus on gaining muscle. Muscle burns more calories so if you can gain muscle you will burn more calories while you're just sitting here on the computer.

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

Quote:
Its funny you think that. I first started my diet by eating 3 meals, however I gained 8lbs. I eat a nice breakfast(2eggs,toast,a cookie) and come dinner I eat cereal, fudge bar, and sometimes a little bit of meat. If I told everyone how much I weight before you would be shocked!!! I sleep much better at night and have much more energy all day!!! I don't think you need 3 meals a day, 2 is more appropriate. And if everyone thinks eating 3 meals helps lose weight they need to think again!!! Once a week(my family eats out) I get anything I want. Not everyone can eat 3 meals and loss weight(I'm one of them).
Hey, I lost 40lbs while eating 3 meals a days. It helps some people lose weight. Most people will agree that its unhealthy to skip meals
Old 04-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
chisnpeke
Got the blues on purple tag night
But there is NO WAY I could kill an animal and get it ready for eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissmember View Post
you can think about raven Simone before you try to eat.
Wow!!! That's uncalled for. Way to support HEALTHY eating habits.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #15
acesupercoolme
Let the music be your master

Quote:

God, that's terrible for you.
Instead of that try 3 small meals with healthy snacks throughout the day.
Cereal and a fudge bar for dinner? Where are your vegetables? Where's your dairy and protein?

The eggs and toast are fine, as long as the toast is whole wheat or something other than white bread.
You need to be eating lunch too though, skipping it won't make you thinner, but it will make you more likely to eat unhealthy snacks instead.

And the wind began to howl...
acesupercoolme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: