Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #271
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Molly, I am so thrilled about E and Splash. I got the biggest smile on my face reading about that experience. Oh my goodness I would be so ticked if I was staying at GCH and had to listen to that noise. As much as you pay for that place. Oh my. His eyes were so big in the picture at the beginning of Splash, poor guy.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #272
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Yay for E! Little daredevil! Next he will be clamoring to ride Space Mountain.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #273
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I was so happy he liked it...the nanoseconds seeing that face caused some pretty big fear in me!

Once off, he wanted to go again, again! Ah, that line was just way too long, so we got more FPs and moved along.

Not sure what the plan was, but in the distance as we came out of Critter Country I saw the SS Columbia, which we've never been on, at the dock, with people onboard and people in line. I figured they had just gotten to the dock, and would be loading up. Perfect!

I quickly conferred with my partner in crime, he agreed that the "pirate ship" would be most excellent, and got in the quick conveyance device (aka the stroller). Zoom zoom!

We found the last close-by parking spot for the stroller, which just made it all seem even more Meant To Be... Got in line, hum dee dum..takes awhile for them to offload that boat.

The boat was cool! You can play with all but one cannon, you can pretend like you're, oh, I don't know...there was a thing for kids to play with but I have no idea what it was. We went downstairs and wandered...they say it's like what a ship would be like in that century...seemed a bit bleak.

The copper pots were pretty, though, all full of fake icky looking stew...

He has become very self-conscious of his teeth...he had two top teeth extracted when he was just 2.5, and it bothers him. His dentist doesn't think those teeth will come in for another couple years, and he's recently realized that other kids have more teeth than he does, and he refuses to do a full smile anymore. Now I know how sad my mom was...there was no tooth reason, just a lack of self-esteem (yes starting at 4) and an eternal sadness post-divorce, and I did a closed-mouth smile. After I had braces I was forced to smile with teeth under pain of paying my mom back, so there's a tendency to think that I had bad teeth before, but there was no pre-post-braces difference, other than the thread of money (which was no fair because I didn't WANT the stupid braces anyway).

Anyway, I know my mom's sadness over the lack of a big broad beautiful smile, but I don't force the issue b/c I know he must feel funny, missing those teeth (and a lower one lost when he was 6 months old, but there's almost no space there anymore).

After our trip, I was getting so hot! Needed a water refill, so we went over to Rancho to fill the water bottle. E played in their newly refurbed space, and E had an epic battle with imaginary Sith lords.

Pretty flowers...

Despite the heat, E then noticed PLOTSI (Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island) and even though he was warned that the pirates no longer exist (much sadness), he wanted to go. Okey dokey, we went on over.

I wanted to show him the cavern with Pintel popping up in the treasure cove, but I wanted to not scare him to death with it. I wanted to finesse it.

Well...that plan doesn't work in the summertime. Why? Because there are loads of other people all intent on exploring the park in THEIR own way...and while I was about to get E up on my hip so I could kind of hold him back from the window, while we reached for the treasure... (mind you I was directly in front of it, it wasn't questionable as to who should have been "next")...a woman just stuck her hand in there and caused the effect to happen, and Eamon nearly screamed in terror.

Now to her credit, she did apologize...but still...she was just passing through, you know? She knew what would happen, she zoomed off quickly...there was no need for it to happen, she could have waited. E couldn't go much further because he was just afraid of more things popping out, and we had to backtrack. No more caverns for him on that trip.

Sigh.

We were able to explore most of the outside of the island, and that was pretty fun.

We were again negatively impacted by others on the tall bridge that wobbles...even though there's a sign telling people not to jump, etc, on the bridge a few teen boys went across it just slamming the bridge around. We had to wait until they were across, letting others go in front (who thankfully didn't slam the bridge around), before the boys were done and we felt OK crossing.

But other than THAT, it was good. E spun the wheel that brings the skeleton up, he played in the bone cage, we went on the pontoon bridge. He went in the ship thing, etc etc.

Annoyed with me b/c I insisted on a water break.

We also found the treehouse, where pretty much only kids and skinny non-claustrophobic adults dedicated to their tiny childrens' happiness can go. I let E go up alone, which means I have NO idea what he means when he said he didn't want to through the treehouse (you have to in order to leave the treehouse without being rude and going the wrong way) because there were "terrifying statues".

On his way up!

Water feature at the base of the tree.

Way up there! I was calling up to him, telling him to go through that treehouse, while he told me about the statues.

Coming down, once he passed by the "statues".

I did wish I were a kid again, or around 120 lbs, so I could go up there. But I'm neither, so I just enjoyed the breezes around the base of the tree.

We finished our wandering and left the island. By this time it was well after 3 pretty much almost 4, and we could call the hotel. However, I have a very hard time hearing my phone while in the parks, or rather hearing what is being said into my phone, so I couldn't call just then. We decided that I needed a latte and he needed a cookie, so we headed to the bakery.

Surely anyone familiar with timing of things currently knows the problem...the Celebrate not-a-parade thing. Ugh. People were being given the option to go behind the buildings, which I *desperately* wanted to do, but that Blue Ribbon place was already promised (to both of us!) and until just now I'd forgotten that there's a coffee place in PPH.

Oh the humanity...I'm sure you all know the tortures of walking along the pathway while a "parade" is going on. The people who are pretending to walk but are really watching...the people who don't realize they could just pop under the rope and stand in one place, but opt for tormenting those behind them. The people who don't look behind them and walk right in front of strollers, causing the stroller-pushers to stop on a dime (risking their own achilles tendons). And the guy I'm specifically referring to? I KNEW he was going to do it...he was carrying a baby and I just KNEW he was about to turn into that store and I KNEW he wasn't going to look, and I was 100% right.

So, to you sir, when I said "please sir, sir, sir", I wasn't telling you that you were a jerk, I wasn't being rude to you...I was trying to STOP you from getting run over, I was doing all I could (with a very strange new stroller that had a mind of its own) to NOT hit you, but I felt that YOU, yes YOU, should have taken some of that responsibility by simply checking behind you for the person, child, and stroller...that you had JUST passed, before turning in front of them.

Oh, and then? You really shouldn't jerkily "let me pass", then confer with your wife who was behind you but next to me, *pushing a stroller*, and then have your wife RAM my ankles. I did my damndest to NOT hit you, and in fact I did NOT. I said "sir", not "you jerk", my intention was not to pass you but to WARN you, and I did NOTHING to deserve being hit by your wife.

It was pretty bad. Worse than I've experienced with the true and proper parade, which might just be because of summer vs the normal times I go, or it might be that the C! *thing* is hyper, loud, has cheesy MCs, and forces you to watch Mary Poppins "getting down" with current music. Awful awful.

We got into the cool calmness of the bakery...ahhhhh. I had some time to cool down, but that just causes my face to de-pink itself and for rivulets of sweat to go down my neck. NOT pretty. But genetic. However, I was looking around, and no one else was that bad. I didn't FEEL as bad as I did in DCA a few days before, but I looked bedraggled. So much so that I commented on it, self-consciously, to the CM taking my order...and she said words that should NEVER be said.

BAcking up...during my description of the hot day in DCA, I brought it up myself. That's OK. Being hot when no one else is can bring certain things to mind. Of course, not when it's all day long...but it was OK for me to think it, because I'm me. I admit I'm 39, I have no idea of the familial history as mom and grandma had hysterectomies in their 30s...I hope it's not *that* since we're still TTC, but of course it's a thought one has.

However, a Cast Member should NEVER say to a customer..."well maybe it's menopause!"

Ever.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #274
auntiegem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Annoyed with me b/c I insisted on a water break.

Price. Less. Oh my word!
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2010
DLR (PPH) -- 9/2011
DLR (HOJO) -- 11/2012
auntiegem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #275
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Notice how we got the Aquafina bottle in, to thwart their evil Dasani/Coke plans? bwa ha ha ha ha ha.....

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #276
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

No one is outraged at what the CM said to me???????

Jinkies...ya think you know people....

Old 07-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #277
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
No one is outraged at what the CM said to me???????

Jinkies...ya think you know people....

I read the comment last night, and my first thought was, "Wow...that was....BOLD." (I got the subscription e-mail alert that had the text of your post in it.) It does seem to be a highly inappropriate comment that wouldn't ordinarily be found in the CM handbook of what to say to guests. You said she was in the Blue Ribbon Bakery? Was she an older lady or a young'un? I wonder if she was new. It reminds me of what Corpsebride recently said about wanting to get a new picture for her AP because she had lost 20 pounds, and the CM at the bank told her she looked the same and didn't need a new picture or some such thing!!! Who are these people they are hiring who lack people skills and common tact?

I tried to get on to comment last night, but I was dealing with a thread that I had to delete last night, and the boards must have been absolutely packed because I couldn't get to the place I needed to be to delete the thread. And then once I took care of that, I couldn't get anywhere else on the board (like to your TR) because it wouldn't move. Has anyone else had that trouble recently - where the boards are either slow or at a standstill and you can't get to anything because it just freezes up? Maybe it is just my computer but I tend to think that thousands of folks happen to be on at one time and it jams up the server(s). Just my uneducated technical guess!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 07-01-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #278
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

She was probably of a "certain age" as well, though probably a bit older than me. She seemed ecstatic about the concept, but dude, I've got a 5 year old here, and most people think I look younger than my age, so come on! Then again, many of my high school peers who "started" young are starting to work their way into grandparent age (young grandparent, but still), so if she was coming from that experience maybe she thought E was my grandchild?

AUGH. I'm too young for this.

And since the hot feelings have only happened those days at Disney, not even in San Diego the few days it was hot hot hot, I'm blaming Anaheim, not hormones.

And yes I have had some troubles getting onto the boards recently. I do not envy your moderator status!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #279
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh my gosh. Umm correct me if I am wrong but isn't customer service a big part of being a cast member? That is not just totally rude but terrible customer service.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #280
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

OK since two people commented on the CM's comment I'll continue.

After that (oh, and I responded "OH!!!! I HOPE NOT!!!!!") I got my (delicious) iced latte and DS's cookie, and we rejoined the fray. Oh man oh man oh man. Remember how I parenthetically mentioned the crazy stroller? It was brand new, but had some crazy wheels going on. It did NOT like to go straight. Well it was even worse while I was holding my drink. Augh. Needed superhuman strength.

As you approach the end of the shops on Main Street, there was a crowd barrier randomly placed against the wall, and it narrowed the narrow path even more. I was in front, but people were squeezing by anyway. And one lady was starting to squeeze to my left, which would have caused me to be "behind" the barrier, and I would have been stuck there...the so called parade had finished, and it was madness, and I didn't want to be stuck.

I actually started saying "please do not cut me off, please do NOT cut me off, let me go through, I'm in front of you", and it worked, and I broke free of the madness. Ahhh, big breath.

I guess I could have abandoned the stroller in the esplanade, but for some reason I left it in DL, and we walked out to PPH. Before getting to DTD I found a quiet-enough place to call, and got the room info. Room 728. Seemed a bit odd for a "premium view" room...seemed a bit low, and IMO it was, but oh well. I was just glad that we had a room by 4.

We went on to the hotel....went straight on up to the room. We have weird luck with PPH rooms. Our first visit, we got a room we would swear had been given to another family, but then that family got kicked out for smoking. There was a smoke smell in the room, there was a towel in the basket in the bathroom, there were absolutely no toiletries other than TP, and it just wasn't pristine. Second time was fine. This time, it was just...rumpled.

Although I did put things on the beds (you can see in the pic), we had not SAT on the beds yet, and that's what they looked like when we came in.

Just not nice and lovely like you want a hotel room's comforter to be. And the air conditioning was rattling like crazy! I'm not usually one to complain, but I called the Front Desk immediately, and they promised to send Engineering right up.

While waiting, I took more pictures.

I was bound and determined to figure out how that couch turned into a bed, and by golly I did it! It doesn't come out like I expected at all.

Once I figured out the mechanism, I took pix while doing it.

Grab the back of the couch firmly.

Pull forward (er, towards your body). It flips.

E was so excited. We have a family bed at home that's growing a bit small, and in San Diego they have two twin beds in the guest room but half the time he was squeezing in with me in the middle of the night. But he was VERY excited about this bed!

He did sleep in the bed, all night. Here he was, practicing.

Here's the view, zoomed in a little bit. The reason why I was slightly annoyed is that we'd gotten better, and higher in the hotel, when we'd paid much less before (on our first trip...our second trip was a cruddy view but upgrade to a suite, no complaints there). So to pay for premium view but get only 7th floor just bugged me, but that's just b/c of our past experiences.

Moving the camera over, not so zoomy.

Zoomzoom again.

We relaxed a bit, I tried to continue to dry off from Splash. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, and went to shower and change clothes (the skirt was dry, but the shorts under it weren't), and of course that is when Engineering decided to show up.

E did as instructed, except he told them I had to get dressed LOL, I got decent, they came in and fixed it quickly (loose a/c cover).

And that's when I turned on the TV, on June 25th. Farrah and MJ. Sigh. Farrah was sad, but expected, and she wasn't "part" of my life since she was almost my mom's age and was on a show we really didn't watch. MJ however... Anyway I burst into tears and had to try to explain to DS and it was just sad.

I pulled myself together, and we decided to go back to DL. Que the C! "music", 'cuz we're about to run into it again!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #281
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Uh-oh. So this means more of Mary Poppins gettin' down to funky hip hop or something?

You know, my friend who is usually at the DLR hotels with me is always staring at that darn daybed and trying to figure out how to assemble it and she has never been able to solve the riddle...and I never paid attention to it long enough to figure it out. So now I know that if we ever have extra people in the room who need that bed, they have to yank on the back of it and pull forward.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #282
kaoden39
Hugs

I know what you mean about the view thing. We have paid for a view and had a so so view of DTD at the DLH and the next time paid for a regular room and got a view room that had a spectacular view of the pool. It's odd how it works. How cute E was with the couch bed.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #283
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I don't really "get" the character thing, and I *really* don't get the statue of a character thing, but E does!

And so we went along to DL again. I was going to use the monorail since our plan was to snag Buzz FPs, but totally forgot. Picked up replacement stroller really quick with our receipt.

And so we entered DL-proper just as this nonsense started again.

Yep, the parade *start*! Woo! Let's hear it for all the birthdays out there...the anniversaries...the newly married people....woooooo!

Oh what I wouldn't have given for the refrain of the song from Brother Bear...welcome to our faaaamileee time, welcome to our happy to be time...etc etc. Sigh.

And so we fought the strollers on the other side of the street, which was, possibly, even worse. Somehow people decided there were *three* streams of into-the-park traffic, leaving no room for those leaving. Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect, I've been known to zoom forward, but I look all around as often as possible, and don't think I've ever cut off a stroller, and I KNOW I've apologized if I even come close to impeding someone accidentally.

Finally got up to some breathing room around Plaza Inn, and E wanted to ride Buzz, not get FPs. But the line was long and I didn't want to push our Splash FPs into darkness, and I insisted.

The following is a *clueless person* story, NOT a scooter story... I have a *thing* about going in the entrance and out the exit for FPs. I've gone in the exit for Soarin', probably once, and I felt all funny about it, so I try to avoid it. Others don't have that problem, and if I'd been an "other", I would have just gone in the Buzz FP exit and had our FPs and been gone. However, I wanted to go in the entrance...but there was a woman stopped in front of the entrance, talking to the CM. This would have been fine if she had been standing and if we didn't have a stroller, but she was on her scooter, entirely blocking the entrance, seemingly without any sort of knowledge that she was in the way. She just kept talking with the CM, about something stressful I guess, and a line was forming. The CM was apparently clueless as well, or figured everyone wanted to talk with him, b/c he didn't ask her to move so we could get in. This went on for just too long. Finally she noticed, but didn't move b/c I guess she didn't actually realize why we were waiting. Finally finally she looked to her right, saw that there was a roped off entryway on that side, and that that is what we were probably waiting for. And she finally moved. Whew.

Gosh knows I've had my tunnel vision moments, so I guess this is just a note to all...if there's a random group of people forming near you...you might very well be blocking something that they want to get to.

As I put an AP into the machine, it spat out two FPs...the other AP "only" got one. I mentioned it to the CM who was fixing the next machine over, and he had a "oh great" sort of reaction. A young teen was having problems with his ticket to get a FP, so I handed him the 3rd that we had.

2 FPs in hand, decided "let's go to Small World". But let's not go around Tomorrowland, why would we do that? Naw, let's go through the castle!

Aha, you all say..."parade" stop! Right in front of the castle. This is the exact place we saw part of the "parade" in May...ay ay ay. Same place, too...let's hear it for all the birthdays out there!!!! the anniversary couples...the just married....woooooo!

While waiting, and watching Burt boogie woogie woogie to Hannah Montana music (just so wrong), a family of 4 decided to get over towards Pixie Hollow. They chose the path in front of us that consisted of perhaps 2 inches between the person in front and the front of E's stroller. Now, I'm not sure why they came from *behind* me, came up to my left, then crossed in *front* of me, when they could easily have gone behind me in the feet of space there (I checked as they started in front...no one behind me!). And i'm not sure why their family with older children felt the need to link hands as they stepped over the end of the stroller. And I'm not sure why the mom needed to make a snide comment about strollers while she did this, as I looked behind me to see the crowds that must be there. All I know is that it was done. To the father's credit, he *almost* had an apologetic look as he passed by at the end of the chain...almost, but not quite there.

And of course they weren't going anywhere...within a minute they were back.

We waited it out and at the last moment I realized...the last "parade" stop is in front of Small World. Cancel, change, no no no, I'm NOT dealing with this nonsense for a FOURTH time in ONE day! So we chose the "easy" path of crossing the Walt statue circle...ha ha ha, easy.... Whenever I could, I would verbally tell people they could pass, and they were always amazed...gotta tell ya, I didn't get all that much insta-karma for it, but at least I was happy that I could let some people go.

After dealing with that, I realized that they were already setting up for Fantasmic. As in, people sitting on towels, etc, CMs directing traffic... 2 hours out from it. Wow.

We finally got across, and went to our second time on Splash. Just as good as the first, only he didn't have that *look* at the end, and it was all enjoyment.

OK I'm naughty...see what I did?

That's my hand on his chest, not some strange growth.

When we got out of Splash...the stroller was gone. Gone gone, not just moved. Sigh.

After Splash, the F! traffic was even worse. Everywhere I tried to go ended up being shunted elsewhere. I was finally sent up the path to Riverbelle Terrace! We wanted to get to Small World, but I had a sudden bad feeling that they would have already closed the area for the fireworks...the CMs wearing F! gear didn't know.

We managed to get onto the BTMRR path, to hurry over there to try to catch Small World, just in case. We were on a mission! And that's when DS decided that yes indeed he would like to ride that coaster! Ah, yes, well...let's do that tomorrow, shall we, son? OK.

As we got into FL, I saw a vendor of the lightsaber E's aunt had gotten him, and asked him if he had any glue, to get the cap end of it back on. He said "tell you what, you give me that one, and here's a new one, we stand by our products". Wow! Yay! I thanked him profusely (aw man I should have gotten his name! drat.) and we continued along.

Small World was....OPEN!!!!! We were very happy. E and I love iasw.

I had bought dollar store glow bracelets, specifically for Disney, before our trip...but all but two were used up by the time we got to DL, because E felt that they were best used as lightsabers. He and his aunt would have epic battles with complicated rules ("force: take a nap" was a good rule for my sis in law). So we only had the two sticks left. Therefore, I waited until we were totally on the ride and in the building before I cracked them open, because I didn't want to make other kids around us sad that they truly could not have one of ours. E decided that he wanted one funky bracelet, so we got that going.

I kinda hate and kinda like the new additions to iasw. Lilo and Stitch I like.

After iasw, we made our slow way back to Buzz, where we had two ride stops and my score was MOST excellent. I am bad, however, at moving the vehicle around, so E's score was not what it normally is. Robert's a much better driver for E's scores.

After that we were in need of food and hotel. And what better than to combine them? So as we headed towards PCH Grill for a late night make-your-own pizza (seems to be a tradition for us now), I caught this flawed picture of the gorgeous lightup balloons.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-01-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: stroller disappeared
Old 07-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #284
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well, now I'm getting sick. How wonderful.

So I might as well finish this report as fast as possible, or I'll forget to do it. There's so much clutter, physical clutter, around me that is Disney related, I might as well get the cyber clutter gone so I can focus on the other stuff.

(I'm not sure what happened to the stroller...it disappears at some point here but I can't remember why)

We headed on out to PCH Grill, for a late late dinner. Oh, now I remember...there was an incident, one that was unfortunate and a bummer, while we were in the Buzz giftshop...E needed to be carried, since the stroller was gone, and I did so happily, even though I don't normally carry him much anymore (dude's almost 45" tall, around that same number in pounds). I will unapologetically state that I carried him, for what I felt was a good reason, from Tomorrowland all the way to our room. Sometimes ya just gotta protect your kid's feelings.

I mention it only to get some kudos for carrying him all that way! I am umma (Korean word for mama), watch me carry my big kid. We needed to run up to the room to change him into something else, and we managed to get down to the restaurant at around 9:30. Told ya it was LATE. But it seems to be tradition.

Here he is, decorating his make-your-own pizza. You can see the funky bracelet we made...he called it his "laser baser".

I asked for water for him, then remembered that the pizza gets a beverage, so I asked for chocolate milk for him. He was trying to drink them at the same time, though I didn't catch that exact moment.

To me, the fruit spear he's holding doesn't really "go" with pizza, and he didn't think so either, but it was a nice treat the next morning for me.

They bring the dough circle out on a big Mickey shaped platter thing, with cups of cheese and sauce (and pepperoni if you're so inclined), and there's a wooden stick with a number on it. You decorate the pizza, then take it up to the chef at the oven. Then the server brings it out with the wooden stick in it, so you know it's yours. It's fun and quite good. He was fading fast though, and cold.

I told the server I wanted my food ([Chicken] Quesadilla - Topped with Creamy Guacamole, Mild Chilies and Zesty Salsa) as my dinner, but someone got their wires crossed, because mine was brought out as though it were an appetizer. Since it's an appetizer, that makes sense, except for the fact that I told them I was having it as dinner. I felt REALLY bad for E, because the quesadilla (without chicken) has (NOT MILD) chilis in it and is spicy spicy spicy, so he wasn't going to have any. He had to wait and wait, and no one apologized.

However, they tasted good, and I still love their salsa and quacamole.

You can also see in that picture that I had a drinkie...some sort of Mai Tai. mmmmmm.

They have the most interesting drinks menu there, including an "antioxidant" cocktail...they also have the organic juice drink I had the last time (something "star"), with the glowy blinky cube in it, and they still have the blue glowtini.

The antioxidant has Finlandia Wild Berries Vodka, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, Bossa Nova Acai Juice with Agave, Aloe Juice, Lychee, and Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice. Crazy! I only had my mai tai.

Couldn't finish it quickly, and joked with the server about a "go cup"...aha, if you're staying inside the hotel, you can take it with you! I was, so I did.

Got upstairs, realized he'd forgotten his chef sticker, ran back down, manager gave him 4, went back up, got into PJs, brushed teeth, and he was out in moments. Sleepy dude.

I watched Conan for awhile then pretty much passed out, after putting E's glow bracelet near him in the pitch-black room.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 07-01-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added a smidge b/c the stroller was gone
Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #285
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My alarm went off, and surprisingly I felt OK about it. We had missed MM the day before, and this was a Friday so I did want to be there early to get the lower crowds. But considering how late we were up, I figured we would be hurting...I opened the curtains just a bit, to let DS wake up sort of on his own. It worked beautifully.

I was somehow able to pack us all up, get us all ready, in good time!

Bathroom wallpaper.

LOOK at this. Everyone talks about how GCH has all these perks, but PPH has many of the same ones! Art of the Craft? Build a Bear? Sephora early makeover? Available to ALL disney hotel guests.

Again I did what I tell others to NOT do, and I put our stuff in the car. Why was I so against the bell services people on this trip? Why? Who knows. I lucked out with no one stealing my stuff, thankfully.

Got out of the garage and off to the parks, again through GCH. I love trekking that way so early, because you're surrounded by Cast Members. I appreciate them so much; it must be really hard to work your bottom off around people who are vacationing. I always have a smile for them in the mornings while walking.

Got to the esplanade, and I tried the #14 trick...it's a trick b/c no one ever gets in line at the gates "hidden" by trees, so you get in the big line for #15, and then it will split and be much shorter. I was thwarted! #14 never opened. Drat.

Waited 2 minutes for the stroller E said he needed. I'm telling ya, I'm going to give him allowance then take it back for these stroller rentals... I kept the nametag from the day before so it was even quicker.

And all of this was BEFORE 8! Not even opening time. I didn't know this, so I was rushy, but boom, there was the wall of people behind the rope. All right. I helped a lady who was worried about MTTMM and told her about the Animation Academy. She seemed happy I'd been eavesdropping.

At last we were off! Fantasyland was calling us.

Got into the PP line, and I forgot to mention this, but we were carrying a balloon. Just a little one that E was given at PCH Grill at dinner, that he wanted to bring with us in the morning. While in line, right before the turnstyle (from Hades), I was told we couldn't bring it in. Against the rules, to have a balloon on the rides. Well OK, would be nice to have this written somewhere...and since you don't give replacement balloons for popped or lost ones anymore, WHY, exactly, will I be *buying* any balloons at DLR anymore? Hmm? Anyway, the dude held the balloon for us.

OK, tangent. The PP boats are perceptibly wider to me. Some have said they don't see the difference but I could feel the difference. Lovely flight, we could fly, yay, and picked up the balloon on the way out.

Tied it tightly to the stroller. We were on and off PP between 8:05 and 8:17, oh yeah...and that includes the time to untie the balloon from my camera strap, which was in my bag (balloon was practically IN my bag).

Then to no-line Dumbo, which was as enjoyable for me as Dumbo always is!

We were at the Teacups line by 8:26. I offered E multiple rides on these things, but once was enough on this trip.

Someday I'll be able to tell part of the story of E's early life by pictures taken on the teacups...

He had expressed interest in the Storybookland Canal Boats before, but the line was too long...well, getting off the Teacups, the line was not long! We rushed over. In line at 8:35, off the ride at 8:43. It's such a cute ride.

(But if your 2ish/3ish year old child has just been scared by the dark line of PP and the darkness inside the ride, perhaps being eaten by Monstro isn't the *best* idea, though the CM did try her best to keep it light for the little girlie girl... It's hard to have a first time at DL, when you don't know the ins and outs of the rides! You hear that Fantasyland is "for" kids, but I dunno...at least half, if not more, IMO, is just NOT.)

Then onto Casey, where we rode in the animal cages for the first time. Augh those are small! A nice family made room for us, after we were both thwarted in sitting at the caboose. I took up a spot where the mom would have sat, and when she declined switching with me, I took pictures of her little girl reacting, with the mom's camera. Cutie little girl. E liked the ride too, and everyone in the cage loved his lightsaber. We were done with Casey by 8:58.

Went the back way over to Splash, but it was down! Oh noes.

Oh wait, no worries, we went to have RiverBelle Terrace. Longest line EVER. (that I've experienced) Finally they opened the second line, and we erred by going over there...UGH, pre-made Mickey pancake! Yuck! E didn't mind, though...but it was crunchy. Bleah.

Had some difficulties in ordering...the one CM didn't understand that I was saying "coffee in a souvenir mug" and kept wanting to give me cocoa. The other understood *that*, but thought I wanted a Steamboat, instead of my ordered cinnamon roll.

Oh yes, I got a cinnamon roll. Um, yeah, never again. I had to scrape off so much of the whatever they put on it, and halfway through it my ears starting ringing, which was a little freaky. A once in a lifetime experience, that's for sure. And not a fabulous one.

After food, Splash was open, yay. We noticed the 10 minute wait signs, and I thought "yeah right". Snagged a FP at 10:03 with a return time of 10:50. Saw this dude.

Not wanting to waste time, we went to buy me a poncho, then got in the standby line. It said 10, was probably 15 or so. Nice. There we had the pleasure of a group of teens who...went back in line to meet their late-arriving friends.

As we entered the FP line, there are some windows to the outside. As I was going past a window, Brer Fox put his head in the window! Yikes! I screamed just a little bit, then cracked up.

Great time on the ride, I smashed my left shoulder again. Darn that part of the ride!

Time wasn't up yet, so we went to see those Heffalumps again. Ah, gotta love people who use their flash in Pooh! Nothing like ruining the wild colors for yourself when you look at the pictures later on...memories...

Still not time for our FPs, and we saw Tigger meeting people. E had been very calm about characters, saying "I met them already", but Tigger was extra bouncy, and he got to E. So we joined the line, and ended up meeting Pooh, Rabbit (a first for us), and Tigger!

The photopass lady was only with Pooh, but she didn't get *this* shot!

E liked Rabbit more than he thought he would, this is one of the cutest with-character pictures since Jack Sparrow.

Tigger signed the book on E's head, then posed with his hands on E's head...then as their time was done, he noticed the lightsaber that I was holding for E.

He thought it was a baseball bat at first.

Then his handler suggested that it was a fishing pole!

Finally they asked us what it was, and E told them...

Jedi Tigger:

At last it was time, overtime actually. Our fourth and last (this trip of course) ride was just as good, I hurt my shoulder again, and...despite my best efforts, a late-splashing wave caught me unawares, and I ended up with water inside the back of my poncho, soaking my skirt (I have many) and shorts again. I actually took off the poncho at the end inside-the-mountain part, not wanting to be seen as someone who got soaked while wearing a poncho (I was the ONLY one I saw in a poncho).

E laughed and laughed....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: