Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #76
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Updated a little

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #77
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Made it back...

here are some of my tidbits...not sure if everything is new

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbmom View Post
Does any one have tips for the Star Wars weekends.
*Character Meet and Greets (Not Celebs)
*Storm Trooper Parade
*Jedi Academy

Does SWW change TSM. First trip need all the help I can get. We only have one day in the park

My SWW tips....

Now I am no expert only have experienced SWW once, but if we are ever in WDW again during SWW, we'd do it again but VERY DIFFERENTLY!!!!!!

1) IMHO you can not do DHS and SWW things in one day...you have to split it up. The Crowds are fierce!

Go to DHS during the week and do all your DHS goals and musts then come back on one of the SWW days to just do the SWW things ie character meet and greets, parade, etc.

2) if you only have one day...you will need to pick and choose what is most important to you...TSM, autograph w/ Jedi Mickey. not saying you can't do both...it would be tough

3) Jedi Academy is always there you don't have to do it just on SWW

4) Do Character meet and greets during the reg Studios parade.

5) Be on the lookout for roaming SW characaters...we traded w/ a JAWA and it was a highlight of our day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMwink View Post
Did some updates on the Characters.

Looking for Memorable Photo Opportunities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMwink View Post
Best Memorable Photo Opportunities

HELP. Still looking for some input.

- Mr. Potatoe Head at TSM (Is it a statue or a person?)
- Is Luigi's Garage still there? And what are the Character like?
* Pictures taken by the PhotoPass Photographers....

ie I think you can get one that is enhanced w/ Stitch climbing out of the ground/street

* if you line up just right on the Blvd in front of thr hat...you may be wearing it!

* Over near MV3D, the gift shop there in front of the huge Kermit is a nice one

* on the NYC back-drop, my DH and I have a collection of pictures of the 2 of us over our 6 trips to the Studios

* find a hat shop and take a pose

* the sidewalk area outside TGMR, see if your hand or foot matches any of the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGal520 View Post
Mr Potato Head is an animated display that tells jokes.

Luigi's Garage was there in Dec and the life size Tow Mater and Lightening McQueen cars are roped off and you follow the line to have the CMs take your pictures with the cars (using your camera).

Sometimes there are PP guys there too
Characters:

I think mostly all the Pixar or Toy Story Characters (w/ exception of Monsters) are now in the PIXAR PLACE area only...the cars are just by old Al's Toy Barn which now is Luigi's Garage...anyone else concur?

BEST PLACE::

to meet is in the Animation indoor hub...there are scheduled characters there throughout the day..but you never know who might just show up too! Just this past March 09 we saw over a dozen free roaming characters it was SPECTACULAR!

FOOD:

TS::

****ALWAYS GET ADRS!!!!!******

I have dined at Sci-Fi twice, very calm, quiet and cool in there...pretty good food too, be aware though some people don't eat in the cars...a few tables in the back.

50's PTC: have dined there once...if you don't care for that kind of campy humor or have bad memories of your Mom making you eat your veggies...not the place for you. But it's all in FUN!

The Brown Derby, have dined here once as well but 10 yrs back before kids...I'd like to try it again, but would eat there not w/ little ones...proabably not entertaining enough for them and it's pricing OOP or 2 TS credits on the DDP

H&V, dined here once as well w/ the characters for a 1st lunch seating. We all loved it, great food so many great hot and cold selections great kid selections...look at both sides of the buffet lines. Characters fun and good music in the room. Have little kids the place for you!

KIM Goliath doesn't sign, Jo-Jo will for him

Mama Melroses' sorry no info

CS::
commenting on just a few

SRC..is a great place for an in park bfast and if on the DDP...all snack credits YUM...huge portions! arrive pre-opening and go here first..you can even send one party member to gert FP's for a ride while little ones eat.

ABC Com...ok I agree the food isn't the best...but it is inside, generally not very crowded and comfy. We like to use it as a late day break and recovery eat place more than wow this food is superb. Plus if you like ABC shows you'll like the menu options...also KIM the menu pictures don't totally look like the real deal. as well DAIRY allergy? You can get soy milk juice boxes here...not on the actual menu but here. Had a little trouble getting it from the counter servers...confused...but it is here.

Pizza Planet: good place for adults and kids...can split meals here very easily. yes not the best pizza but quick and tasty and if your kids like salad...

we like to eat upstairs...there is an elevator and restrooms up there too.

if you do the arcade have a time and/or $ limit in place ahead of time.

Rumors???

Ok read this stuff in the UG 09 book..so don't qoute me just keep your ears and eyes alert...

Walt's One Man Dream...could be closed in the future for futher expansion of the PIXAR PLACE area...SEE IT NOW why you can...it is a must do and even kids 8 and up would be intrigued by all the great facts about him!

HISTK movie playset...may get a facelift into a more current Disney theme ie PIXAR Bug's Life as well as the neighboring QS Studio Catering Co.

Motor Action Stunt Show as well in 011 may be closed for a revamp of theme and story line w/ a PIXAR Car's version...

I'll post some fav pictures later....

Thanks hope this is helpful and I never knew about the Singing in the Rain Umbrella...and that is one of my fav movies....

Last edited by mousescrapper; 05-10-2009 at 10:01 AM.
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #78
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Wow!!

Thanks for all that info.

I Updated with some of the info and I keep the other info on file.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #79
lfwhipp
Who Dat Baby!

saw this on another thread today

Quote:
Not sure if this will still be the case in Sept but for anyone coming soon we scored this week on characters! Still here in the world, and last night and tonight we went to studios and were in animation station (where incredibles and sorcerer mickey are). Yesterday to see Bolt and Rhino (who are done they tell me today), and all of a sudden, out comes Prince John, Goofy, Friar Tuck, Jasmine and Aladdin! Prince John my son has never seen so he was happy. We were ready to head out at abouy 5:25 talking about the surprise characters and someone said 5 new ones were coming out at 5:30 so we waited. And out comes Jafar, Meeko and Gov Ratcliffe,Chip and Dale, Minnie and Pluto. They said they are unadvertised sets and if they have them they are at 5 and maybe 5:30. Apparently they are training - someone - I think it was Pluto asked out loud what my son was handing him (my son mentioned this to me but I don't think he realized it wasn't a dog talking, even at 8 yrs. old).

We went back today at 5 to reward our son for trying RNR and we saw Pinocchio, Jafar, Ratcliffe, Friar Tuck, Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John (together). At 5:30 it was The Queen (yeah!), Meeko and Pocohontos, Gov. Ratcliffe, Jasmine and Aladdin.

July 79 Poly, Feb 92 POFQ, July 97 YC April 05 offsite, April 07 offsite,Aug 08 AS Mu w/ FD, Sept 09 PoP w/FD, May 11 BWI/CSR ,Dec 11 CBR, Oct 12 AKV-Kidani
lfwhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #80
ValinWV
DIS Veteran

Playhouse Disney Live on Stage

My DD's 1 and 3 loved this last year. It is an interactive show where the kids are encouraged to shout out during the show. All seating for the show is on the floor. There are a limited amount of bench seats along the back wall of the theater.
2000 Off Property 2000-December -Off Property2005 All Star Movies 2006 All Star Sports 2007 Pop Century 2008 Pop Century 2008 Pop Century2009 Pop Century2010 Contemporty Resort2010 Port Orleans Riverside
2011 Split stay Port Orleans Riverside & Contemporary Resort.2012 Port Orleans Riverside
ValinWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #81
IMwink
Mouseketeer

bump

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #82
toledo13
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

WOW omg what a guide!!!! My 2 cents, is go straight to TSM, get fastpasses, then book it over and ride RnRC and ToT!! If you want a good laugh by the way... click the 2nd link in my sig. It's my first ride on ToT...
toledo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #83
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Did some updating

Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #84
darkroom
Must. Have. Dole. Whip.

Minor snack tip at DHS. The Coke stand just inside the park entrance has an "iced mocha". Not to be confused with the slushy 'frozen mocha' that you can find all over. It's a snack credit and is a perfect coffee drink on a hot day. Maybe there is another place that has them, but I haven't seen it.

darkroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #85
maggiet
Mouseketeer

Playground hours?

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know the hours of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground? On another thread, someone mentioned it closing at 4pm, which was supposedly "dusk"! We are going in a couple weeks, and dusk is officially at 8:45 pm! Will they still close at 4? Also, when does it open on an EMH morning?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #86
The Masked Maniac
Mouseketeer

We usually head for Toy Story and get the fast pass (I feel like im cattle being hearded)...get the fast pass and then head right to Star Tours and you get on with no wait......then we run to the Little Mermaid(still no wait as everyone is on Toy Story.....Great Movie Ride(no wait) and then Muppets(no wait)...and last but no least before we eat the Backlot which just reopened with no live guide but a lousy recorded tour voice.......

We then eat...either prime time(yes walk on, it can and always gets done there) or the play and dine(same walk on).........

By now its crowded and we watch the Beauty and the Beast show and do the drawing classses(over and over again...and if you do this ask for Issiac as he goes to all my Orlando wrestling shows and tell him you know the Maniac)

Parade and home.......
The Masked Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #87
IMwink
Mouseketeer

That sounds like a great touring plan. I may adopt that as my own.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #88
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Updated the Restaurant Info and the updated the abbreviations based on DIS approved abbreviations. I think I will submit for approval of some other commonly used ones like LMA and BLT. BUt that is for another day.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #89
m_fancher
Mouseketeer

Great thread

Nice work to all who have contributed, but can you tell me were I can find the incredible characters?
m_fancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #90
m_fancher
Mouseketeer

Nevermind my last post, I just reread the very first post and found the answer
m_fancher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, hollywood studios, secrets, tips, tricks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: