Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #31
cinderella'smommy
Mouseketeer

If your kids are into the Disney Play House characters, you can find them (naturally) outside of the Disney Play House theatre. We saw all four Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, and JoJo and Goliath.

What characters are at the Animation attraction?
April 2012 at the Dolphin
January 2013 at the Swan

FIVE trips in four years!

cinderella'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #32
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Playhouse Disney Characters

So, I don't have to do the Hollywood and Dine meal so kids can pictures with some of them, or are the lines outside too long and I should keep the ADRs

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #33
cinderella'smommy
Mouseketeer

We went in January; and the weather was a little on the cool side, so, take with a grain of salt. We had virtually no lines for any of the playhouse disney characters. Five to 10 minutes max for waiting. But, it was not very crowded at all, so as I said, take with a grain of salt!
April 2012 at the Dolphin
January 2013 at the Swan

FIVE trips in four years!

cinderella'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #34
IMwink
Mouseketeer

We have Pre-opening ADR's so Ithink I might stick with those just to knock a few of them out. Hopefully we can get both of the girl Einsteins because my girls like them both, though I think June is their favorite and she is supposed to be at the Breakfast at H&V.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #35
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-PA View Post
We make sure we stop to enjoy the street performers every trip.
Our favorites are Public Works. They are the 3 of the funniest men around.
They perform by Hollywood and Vine restaurant. They remind us of a bit of Abbott and Costello, Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin etc...old time play on words and slapstick.

We have also enjoyed Bucky Greenhorn and Otto Van Bahn Bahn.
Their routine is performed as a producer with his actor/stage hand. Funny performances here. Bucky has gotten Otto to laugh sort of like Tim Conway did with Harvey Korman on the old Carol Burnett shows.

Everyone of the street performers we have seen we have enjoyed.
So I would put these down as a not to miss.
They are not advertised on the schedule so you have to look near the front of the park or on the street leading to Tower of Terror.
I just wanted to say, the Streetsmophere performers are awesome. The skits they do are maybe not so much for little kids, but they are one of my most favorite things not just at DHS, but in all of Disney World. Try to make time to watch one of their skits or even just stop to say hello to a couple on the streets, they really are just wonderful and so funny.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #36
mhalpern
Mouseketeer

I think someone already said this but HS is a GREAT park for autographs - many that you can't find in any of the other parks. In addition to the playhouse Disney gang there is the whole gang from Toy Store, Mike & Sulley from Monster's Inc., Prince Caspian, the characters from Bolt, Sorcerer Mickey, the Power Rangers, Kim Possible, the Incredibles, Frozone, and probably some more I am forgetting. Check with a CM when you arrive to see who will be where when. They may not all still be there but there are plenty. If your kids are into getting autographs definitely allow time in your planning.
Jan 08 - Poly & Disney Wonder
June 09 - Bday & Star Wars Weekend BWI
July 10 - Disneyland
April 11 - Universal
mhalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #37
lfwhipp
Who Dat Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile4Me View Post
I really enjoy the Animation Studio and definitely think its a not miss- however i've read that if you don't want to sit through the little preshow, and just want to meet characters, I've read that you can go back through the gift shop and do the meet and greets without having to do the entire attraction. I've never done this so please correct me if I'm wrong!
Yes, this is true. We just head right in the back entrance through the shop with the artwork and head into the building at signing time. we have seen the preshow before and are there for the characters

Also, if you had a choice would you choose 50's cafe or Sci fi?

July 79 Poly, Feb 92 POFQ, July 97 YC April 05 offsite, April 07 offsite,Aug 08 AS Mu w/ FD, Sept 09 PoP w/FD, May 11 BWI/CSR ,Dec 11 CBR, Oct 12 AKV-Kidani
lfwhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
lfwhipp
Who Dat Baby!

Also, If youare interested in the Power Rangers, this was huge for my two boys, they divide up and spread around and are only out for 15 minutes. they each go on separate corners and a few on the side. If the Red Ranger is your goal, stay on the left corner when facing the PR sign, blue ranger is on the opposite corner. On the ride side of the sign is an area in front of where the back lot tour goies, pink, green and white ranger are here with different lines and yellow is across from them on the left.

July 79 Poly, Feb 92 POFQ, July 97 YC April 05 offsite, April 07 offsite,Aug 08 AS Mu w/ FD, Sept 09 PoP w/FD, May 11 BWI/CSR ,Dec 11 CBR, Oct 12 AKV-Kidani
lfwhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #39
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Ill be back to contribute soon...need to read thru the thread but can't right now and didn't want to lose you....

PS love the AK one! great job OP
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #40
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfwhipp View Post

Also, if you had a choice would you choose 50's cafe or Sci fi?
Def 50's Cafe! Sci-Fi was fun, but 50's was fun-er,
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #41
DaveStroem
DIS Veteran

One of our favorite meet & greets was with Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc. The building that they are in is back by LMA & BLT. The building is not well marked at all. There is just a cardboard stand up of Roz at the front door. It was great, no wait and no one behind us so we could stay and play with them.

Top 10 Tips for Disney Noobies
RideMax Users Thread
DaveStroem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #42
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

Great Picture! I love the 2009 graphic!!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #43
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsalop View Post
I can't remember the name, but the book shop (streets of america I think) is a great place to get a coffee and a muffin and chill out for 15 minutes or so.

Just found it 'The Writer's Stop'. Looked at the menu, coffees, muffins, bagels, buns etc. all well priced for a short break and the best thing is no-one knows about it. Damn everyone knows now.
This is a must do for me also. It is just really nice to sit down and have a little snack or drink in the Writer's Shop. I have never found it to be busy, just nice and quiet. There are couches to sit on or little window tables to sit at and watch the crowds walk by.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #44
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

What great posts! Just when I though I was ready, more great information to add to my folder. Thanks.
pmdeve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #45
IMwink
Mouseketeer

DaveStroem,

You have com through again. Besides being Princesses my DDs are big Monsters!! (Inc, fans that is!!!). They will love this, and even if they Don't I will. That is if the Characters don't scary the be-willies out of them.

mhalpern,

Thanks for Character Info, I didn't know all those characters were there. The Incredibles is my favorite Disney film (after the little mermaid but don't tell anyone that).

I will update the post later, but I have some work things I have to do right now, (24hr a day job over here).

Tags
guide, hollywood studios, secrets, tips, tricks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: