Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #76
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Hi mdsouth!
Just started reading and I can't wait for more! I've never been to WDW in June and I'm always amazed at the people that can brave the Florida humidity in the heat of summer. We will be staying at CSR in November so I'm looking forward to more about CSR.
Your daughter is adorable with the hula hoop!
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #77
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Online checkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
CSR for sure, so what is the time frame for online check-in?
Online check-in is only available starting ten days prior to your trip. You will get an email message from Disney that lets you know you can check-in online. Or you can just log in to the Disney website and access your reservation. You can check-in online up to the day prior to your arrival I think.

You will really enjoy CSR.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #78
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Welcome LaniesMom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
Hi mdsouth!
Just started reading and I can't wait for more! I've never been to WDW in June and I'm always amazed at the people that can brave the Florida humidity in the heat of summer. We will be staying at CSR in November so I'm looking forward to more about CSR.
Your daughter is adorable with the hula hoop!
Hi LaniesMom, welcome to my TR. I am happy to have the company!

November would be an ideal time to visit.

My next segment will be more on MK and the following segment will cover CSR. I am working on the MK segment now and should have it posted by tomorrow sometime.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #79
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4 - To Infinity and Beyond

Chapter 4 – To Infinity and Beyond: Blasting off to Tomorrowland!

Once we made our way up Main Street, we headed to Tomorrowland. When we were home, planning our trip, I asked my kids what they wanted to do first when they got to WDW. The kids both wanted to go to MK first. My son (Rand McNally, tee hee) said he would like to start in Tomorrowland.

My family was famished, so our first stop was Cosmic Rays. We had eaten here during our last trip in 2004 and I wasn’t impressed. Over the last four years, I have read numerous trip reports, dining reviews, and counter service threads where people shared that Cosmic Rays was a good counter service choice in MK. So, I decided that it was convenient and worth another shot.

We ordered three Double Cheeseburger meals and an extra bun (80 cents. My DH and DS each got one of their own. I used the extra bun to share the double cheeseburger with my DD, so she and I both ended up having our own single cheeseburger. I found the burgers to be very dry and bland. I would recommend trying either the chicken entrée, a salad or go somewhere else.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #80
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Ok, that was a small dose Still loving your TR and waiting for more. I have followed TR's for 6 months or so so I can hold on.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #81
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the extremely short chapter - here is another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Ok, that was a small dose Still loving your TR and waiting for more. I have followed TR's for 6 months or so so I can hold on.
You are right, it was a short chapter! I was having trouble with either my computer or the internet, so, I just decided to try back later.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #82
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5 - Blasting off in Tomorrowland!

Chapter 5 - Blasting off in Tomorrowland!

Next, we checked out the Speedway line. It was close to 25 minutes, so we decided to try Buzz Lightyear. We ended up heading into Laugh Floor first since there was no line! The kids loved the pre-show! We all found the show to be very entertaining! It was a great start to our trip.

Following the Laugh Floor, we rode Buzz Lightyear, as the line was pretty much non-existence. We started inside, and the wait was 5 minutes or so. I rode with my DS and my hubby rode with our little girl. Just as we began the ride, it slowed to a stop. We were part way up the ramp in the first room. We were able to spin around and keep playing. By the time, we had made our way to the second room, Rand McNally had already earned the highest score possible. He continued to shot targets as we went through the ride, but, it was a bit of a disappointment, not to see the racking up of points as the ride progressed.

After Buzz Lightyear, we headed back towards Speedway. This time we decided to wait in line since the wait time was now 20 minutes. It wasn’t a bad wait. We would have had a shorter wait had we chosen the right-hand side when the line splits. The left-hand side is a little longer wait since the line goes up and over a bridge and down the other side. This was my DD’s first experience with the Speedway. She was a bit apprehensive and wasn’t sure she wanted to drive. As we waited in line, I explained to her that she would steer the car, but there was an actual rail under the car that made sure you stayed on the road. She was relieved and decided that she did want to drive. This is an example of my DD’s personality. She is a very conscious six year old. She is not one to jump in and do something without thinking it through first. Both my kids are timid in that way.

My DD is a very tall six year old. She stands four feet one inch tall and just turned six in late March. At 49 inches, she could have gone on all but a couple of rides at WDW. Even at 49 inches, she was unable to reach the pedals and steer at the same time. It worked out well for me to push the gas pedal. There was a slightly older girl riding alone in the car on the track beside us. She had difficulty at times reaching the gas petal and had trouble keeping the car going.

My DS really enjoyed driving the car. Last time, at age eight, due to his timid personality, he rode in a car while his dad drove it.

Chapter 6 - Toontown and back to CSR

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #83
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hi there! I found your TR on a link from the CSR thread and bounced over here to read it - we are headed to CSR in early September.

I'm really enjoying your report-I cannot believe you waited FOUR YEARS to go back! You have iron willpower! Do you have to wait another four to go again, or did your DH happen to get "bit" this time by the magic???
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #84
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Hi there! I found your TR on a link from the CSR thread and bounced over here to read it - we are headed to CSR in early September.

I'm really enjoying your report-I cannot believe you waited FOUR YEARS to go back! You have iron willpower! Do you have to wait another four to go again, or did your DH happen to get "bit" this time by the magic???
Welcome brookelizabeth! I love your name! I really wanted to name our DD Brooke Elizabeth but our last name begins with an S and several people warned us about giving our DD the initials BS. So, we chose another name. I still sometimes wish we would have named her Brooke. It is just such a beautiful name that is common enough people can pronounce it easily but it is not extremely popular.

Anyway, yes it really was four long years between our visits.
I hated it! I spent loads of time here on the Dis reading the trip reports of others and just wishing and hoping for some pixie dust!

Unfortunately, we live quite a long way away and can only afford to take a big trip every other year or so. My DH is not that into Disney and to my sadness his attitude did not change on this trip. He says we are done with Disney. But due to my of it, I will just have to plan and go back again in a few years - this time just the kids and I. I have a neighbor that doesn't have any kids of her own and she loves Disney too. She said she would love to go with the kids and me next time, so that is just what we might do!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Last edited by mdsouth; 07-20-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #85
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6 - Toontown

Chapter 6 – Toontown

We took a spin on the Mad Teacups. We all tried to get into one teacup but since my DH is so tall, that even with his legs scrunched up as far as they could possibly go, we could not close the door all the way. The CM tried to help us close the door, but after seeing the situation, chose to have us split up into two teacups. My DH could then stretch out his legs! So, my DD and I rode in one teacup and my DH and son rode in another. This worked out well since I get motion sickness and my DD is timid. We enjoyed the ride without adding the additional spinning factor. My DH and son got to spin their teacup to their hearts content. Here is a short video clip my DH taped as they rode. I am having trouble loading the video. I will work on it and hopefully have it up later.

After the teacups, we headed to Toontown. My DS wanted to ride Goofy’s Barnstormer.

Our DD decided not to ride, so she and I went shopping. Almost immediately, she found Chip and Dale stuffed animals. They were paired together. She carried them around the store with her. I knew as soon as I saw her pick them up that there would be going home with us! We are huge Chip and Dale fans!

After the boys got of the Barnstormer, we toured Minnie’s house. I just love Minnie’s house. I think the Imagineers did a great job with it. I wish Mickey’s house was set up more like Minnie’s house with the interactive elements.

We did not go into the County Fair to see Mickey since we had plans to have dinner with him later in the week. Instead we decided to take a ride on the train before heading back to CSR.

While waiting for the train, we really noticed the decline of cleanliness at WDW since our last visit in 2005. We saw lots of trash that had not been picked up and my DH noticed how the railings in the line were chipping away in lots of areas. He remembered how one of the Travel Channel shows shared how Disney employees worked overnight after the parks closed to repair and repaint every night so that everything always looked nice. Granted, we were in line at the train around 3:00 in the afternoon, but still there were lots of numerous chips, up and down the line. It is hard to believe that much was chipped away in the six hours that the park was open.

We rode the train all the way around the park and then back to the Main Street train station. As we were getting off the train to head out of the park, we saw Chip and Dale greeting visitors. We immediately got in line to have our photo taken with Chip and Dale. It was just magical to my DD since she had just bought her own Chip and Dale. She had fun showing them the stuffed animals. The stuffed animals were still connected at the hands. Dale noticed this and made sure that that they switched sides so that they were in the right place for the photo. Too cute!

Next up – Chapter 7 - CSR

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #86
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Sounds like some great interaction with Chip & Dale! I wish Mickey's house was more like Minnie's too. When we went through the first time I was thinking it would be and I was a bit disappointed. It's a tad surprising you can really do anything in the Big Man's house... I hope to ride Barnstormer in September if DS is tall enough and willing....not sure how he'll do though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Welcome brookelizabeth! I love your name! I really wanted to name our DD Brooke Elizabeth but our last name begins with an S and several people warned us about giving our DD the initials BS. So, we chose another name. I still sometimes wish we would have named her Brooke. It is just such a beautiful name that is common enough people can pronounce it easily but it is not extremely popular.

Anyway, yes it really was four long years between our visits.
I hated it! I spent loads of time here on the Dis reading the trip reports of others and just wishing and hoping for some pixie dust!

Unfortunately, we live quite a long way away and can only afford to take a big trip every other year or so. My DH is not that into Disney and to my sadness his attitude did not change on this trip. He says we are done with Disney. But due to my of it, I will just have to plan and go back again in a few years - this time just the kids and I. I have a neighbor that doesn't have any kids of her own and she loves Disney too. She said she would love to go with the kids and me next time, so that is just what we might do!
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I really do like my name, I spell it without the "e" at the end and when I was little I HATED that because everyone would spell it with the e. I learned to like it though, it's what makes me a bit different! I like the name for the same reasons you do - it's common enough that people know how to pronounce it, but still not very common.

Your plans for your next trip sound really great! It would be great to go with a friend who loves Disney as much as you!! And hopefully this time you can sneak it in before four years!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #87
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

I can relate to timid kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Sounds like some great interaction with Chip & Dale! I wish Mickey's house was more like Minnie's too. When we went through the first time I was thinking it would be and I was a bit disappointed. It's a tad surprising you can really do anything in the Big Man's house... I hope to ride Barnstormer in September if DS is tall enough and willing....not sure how he'll do though!
My two children are both timid about a lot of things. My DD was definitely tall enough to ride the Barnstormer but she chose not to. She did, however, ride Soarin and loved it! She also rode the mild side of the Mission Mars (name?) without any qualms. I, however, chickened out! I went through the line with my family and at the last minute chose not to ride it.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 07-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #88
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 7 – Our resort - CSR

We decided to head back to CSR, to relax. We were worn out since we had been up since 3:00 AM Central time. So, we headed to the resort busses. A great big perk for staying at CSR is that CSR is the closest bus stop to the MK entrance. It is the very first bus stop, closer than the deluxe resorts and DVC resorts.

We got off at CSR at bus stop #1. While we waited for the bus, I called the front desk to find out our room number. They had called my husband’s cell instead of mine and he didn’t get the room number. We found out we would be staying in 9130. It is located in Cabanas 9A on the ground floor. We found it easily.

I loved the Cabanas! There are gorgeous! I loved all the tropical flowers and plants and palm trees along the walkways. I was also surprised how we hardly ever saw people around our own buidling. Most the time it seemed as if we had it to ourselves!

The quiet pool was right there. We never used it. We ended up going to the Dig Site instead. I liked how close the Dig Site and El Centre were to Cabanas 9A.

DH told the kids to not mess up the room until he took some pictures. The room was just like the ones posted on the DIS. I really liked the color scheme, it was soothing. The new queen beds and bedding were great looking and very comfortable. There is very little room on either side of the beds, especially since these rooms were originally built to hold two double beds.

More CSR photos and review to follow in my next post!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Last edited by mdsouth; 08-13-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #89
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on CSR. CSR is a strong possibility for our next trip if we go moderate. The queen beds are a big draw for us. Can't wait to see more.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #90
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Thanks for the update. We are off to Las Vegas for the week I will have to catch up when I return. Lovin it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: