Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #46
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay...I found you and I'm all caught up. Are you breakfast eaters? If so, I would switch 1900 Park Fare to breakfast rather than dinner. I've read some really bad reviews of dinner, but some great ones about breakfast.
I am an early riser, but the rest of my family are night owls. So, they are really not big breakfast eaters. That is why I chose to make use all our TS credits for either lunch or dinner.

1900 Park Fare is one that I have been debating on dropping anyway. I figure one princess meal will be enough since my DD likes princesses but it not a super huge fan. I chose 1900 Park Fare because I had read that the stepsisters and stepmom are a hoot and fun to watch!

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 06-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #47
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I am here I haven't read all your trip report yet but I saw your leaving in 5DAYS and you have waited 4 YEARS for this trip! You are a strong woman. I could not of done it. Your husband and my husband sound a lot a like. He hates it when I say we have to go here now, cause ________ will have a long line if we wait! I am so happy for you to be able to go on this trip. Just remember your goal is to get your husband to fall in love with Disney so you can go again next year. I am cheering for you! I can't wait for you to get back with all the details.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 AM   #48
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Just remember your goal is to get your husband to fall in love with Disney so you can go again next year. I am cheering for you!
I think this right here is probably why you should stick with CRT. Maybe the magic of being in the castle and your daughter meeting all of the Princesses will change your DH's mind. I hope it works. Wow, 4 days until your trip.

I'm cheering for you also to change DH's mind!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #49
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Just got back! Great trip

We left WDW yesterday at 1:15 PM.

So, now I have to get all my notes together and start writing the trip report.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #50
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Welcome home. I hope you had a great time. Now the post Disney Blues will set in.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #51
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

I am so waiting for your report
Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #52
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

The Return Home Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
Welcome home. I hope you had a great time. Now the post Disney Blues will set in.
You are so right! Yesterday afternoon, I just moped around the house. I did a little laundry but not much.

It is nice to welcomed back! Thanks for being here!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #53
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

It is nice to know you've got friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
I am so waiting for your report
I am very appreciative of the knowledge that you looking forward to my report. Knowing that there are people here that are interested in my report will really motivate me. I just finished the first installment and posted it below. I plan to edit it later and add pictures.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Last edited by mdsouth; 07-06-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #54
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 1 - And Away We Go!

Chapter 1 – And Away We Go!

After much last minute scurrying, we loaded up the van and left our home around 9:30 PM Central time on June 25. We drove two and a half hours to Indianapolis. We arrived at our hotel in Indianapolis 1:00 Eastern time. We were staying at Indianapolis’s Comfort Inn and using the Sleep, Park, and Fly service. We asked the hotel clerk for a 4:30 AM wake up call since we were leaving for the airport at 5:00 AM.

We got the kids to bed and then I tried to set the alarm clock in the room as a backup to the wake up call. The alarm clock, however, was a really weird design (lots of lights and extra sounds) and did not function properly. My husband (an engineer) and I could not get it the alarm system to work. I debated about returning to the front desk to request a new alarm clock, but chose instead to use the alarm clock on my husband’s watch instead.

I was worried that we would not hear the watch’s alarm or the wake-up call, and as a result I sleep very little during the three hour time frame. At four-thirty, we were all up and quickly jumped into our clothes and gathered our things. The shuttle service was right on time, and we were headed to the airport.

The new Indianapolis airport terminal is very nice. Even though I had checked in on-line, we had to go to the airline desk to check our bags. There was a short wait of about 25 minutes.

My husband and kids wanted to get something to eat for breakfast before we went through security. I was anxious and just wanted to go through security first and then eat. My husband and kids won, and he waited in the Burger King line for food. My family tends to be slow eaters, so, I became more anxious the more time they took. Finally, I convinced them that we really needed to go!

It was a good thing that I did. The security lines were huge! The airport had lots of lines but each one was huge. We waited at least 35 to 40 minutes to go through security. Once through security, we hurried down to our gate. They were already loading our plane. We were one of the last five groups to load. It was too close of a call for me.

The flight was wonderful! My DD fell asleep right after take-off and awoke upon landing. My DS enjoyed the bird’s eye view from his window seat. It was a relaxing uneventful flight. It took us less time to fly from Indiana to Orlando than it did for us to drive to Indiana from our home in Illinois.

Once we arrived at MCO we took a few minutes to take a few photographs in front of the Disney store. There is a cute wall scene outside the store with Mickey and the castle. My son remembered having his picture taken in front of the scene the last time we were at Disney, four years previously. So, we snapped a few photos so we can compare how we have changed over the years. Then we made our way to the Magic Express service. It paid off to pre-register since we were able to skip the check-in line and proceed right to the bus. We hopped on the bus and were on our way to Coronado Springs!

Next up: Chapter 2 – Coronado Springs

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Last edited by mdsouth; 07-08-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #55
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Great beginning. I would have voted with you and waited until after security to eat.

I can't wait to hear more about Coronado Springs. I've never known anyone that stayed there. Do you have any pics??

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #56
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh good...the report is starting. I can't wait to read it.

RIP Genie
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #57
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Great start.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #58
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Great beginning. I would have voted with you and waited until after security to eat.

I can't wait to hear more about Coronado Springs. I've never known anyone that stayed there. Do you have any pics??

I am almost finished with my next chapter. Yes, I have lots of pictures! Hopefully, I will be able to upload them successfully.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #59
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 2 is on its way

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh good...the report is starting. I can't wait to read it.
Thanks KatMark - CSR was great! Thanks to all your information and help!

EchoQueen - thanks for the positive support.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #60
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 2 Arrival at CSR

Chapter 2 – Arrival at Coronado SpringsOnce we were on the Magic Express bus, it started to sink in that we were actually in Orlando and heading for Walt Disney World! My DD enjoyed the WDW video as we drove. I liked watching the scenery. It was amazing how the closer we got to WDW the scene changed from swamps and trees to huge resort complexes. It was interesting to me to see actual resorts that I have seen photos of over and over on the Dishoards ads.

Finally, we drove through the magical gates and everyone on the bus cheered! The bus first stop was at Pop Century. It seemed to be a bustling place. There were some maintenance workers in front repainting the big bowling pins.

Next, we stopped off at Caribbean Beach Resort. It gave my family a chance to reminiscence since the last time we were at Disney four years ago we stayed at Caribbean Beach.

Our bus continued on to Coronado Springs! I was so excited to arrive! We jumped off the bus, gathered our bags, tipped the driver and headed into the lobby.

The fountain and lobby was just as I imagined after having viewed all the photographs on the CSR thread.
There was the regular check-in line to which most of the people on our bus entered. Since I had used the online check-in system, I proceeded to a different line. There was one person at the desk ahead of me, and then it was my turn! It really paid off to use the online check-in! You can see both the regular check-in line and the online check-in line in the photograph. I am the one standing at the counter with the black top and tan shorts.

I showed the CM my ID and she handed me a welcome packet. She went over everything in the packet, including our keys to the kingdom, and park hours. We had a room only reservation the first night and a continuing reservation for the remainder of our stay. The CM gave us a map of CSR and told us we would be staying in Cabanas 9A.

Woo Hoo! I knew that we would definitely have a renovated room since all the Cabanas have been renovated. Since it was so still early, 10:30 AM, our room was not ready. She told us that we would get to stay in the same room for our room only reservation the first night and our continuing reservation. They would inform us of the actual room number through a text message or a voice mail message. She told us that it would be on the ground floor just like I requested. I was so happy with the room assignment. I had requested the Cabanas when I booked our vacation. I requested the ground floor during the online check-in process. So, the CMs at CSR really do look at the requests when assigning rooms.

Our plan was to spend some time at the pool while we waited for our room to be ready. We had our swim suits in our carry-on luggage, so all we would have to do would be to change at the changing rooms by the pool. We also thought it would be fun to get our lunch from Siestas (the pool bar and grill) and eat at one of the tables overlooking the pool. As we were planning which bags to take to the pool and which to leave with bell service, the clouds opened up and it started to pour down rain!

We know that it is typical to have small rainshowers/rainstorms in the afternoon in Florida, but this storm looked like it was going to last quite awhile. The week before our arrival, Orlando had been getting some pretty heavy rain and this looked like another one. So, we had to modify our plans. We decided we would go ahead and head out to the Magic Kingdom and spend the afternoon there. My family was getting hungry and wanted to eat lunch. Since our dining package did not start until the next day, I really did not want to pay full price for a meal at Pepper Market or Maya Grill. Siestas would have been a good “budget” choice but I was afraid that they would have closed the bar/grill due to the huge rainstorm. So, I managed to get my DH to wait and eat at the Magic Kingdom. We grabbed some bags of chips to tie them over. They ate their chips as we waited for the Magic Kingdom bus.

Next up Chapter 3 – Walking down the middle of Main Street USA.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Last edited by mdsouth; 08-13-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: