Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

My Current ADRs (modified from previously stated)

As with many of us, I have found myself rethinking some of my dining plans, and have modified my ADR plans from what I have previously posted on page one. So, now my dining plans look like this:

Friday, June 26 - Arrival
CS food OOP since our DDplan will not start until Saturday.

Saturday, June 27
Lunch - CS
Dinner at Pepper Market at CSR (I am looking forward to trying out the steak for just a CS credit)

Sunday, June 28 - not sure yet

Monday, June 29
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS - O'Hanas

Tuesday, June 20
Lunch -CS
Dinner - TS - 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian)

Wednesday, July 1
Lunch -
Dinner - TS San Angel (Mexico)

Thursday, July 2
Lunch - TS 50's Prime Time - one I am thinking of dropping
Dinner - CS

Friday, July 3
Lunch - 2TS Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom)
Dinner - TS Chef Mickey's

Saturday, July 4
Lunch - TS Le Cellier

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070

Last edited by mdsouth; 06-02-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #32
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at 50's Prime Time cafe a couple of times. We like the food and the fun atmosphere. My DH really plays up to the CMs.

The others you have I haven't tried yet. We are doing Chef Mickey's and O'Hanas in 2 weeks.

Good luck with your changes.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #33
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Two weeks and counting and STILL Playing with ADRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
We've eaten at 50's Prime Time cafe a couple of times. We like the food and the fun atmosphere. My DH really plays up to the CMs.

The others you have I haven't tried yet. We are doing Chef Mickey's and O'Hanas in 2 weeks.

Good luck with your changes.
Well, we are getting close and I am still not totally happy with my ADRs. Here is the schedule so far...

Friday - Arrival - CS food OOP since our DDplan will not start until Saturday.

Saturday - MK most likely
Lunch - CS
CS dinner at Pepper Market at CSR (I am looking forward to trying out the steak for just a CS credit)

Sunday - (Epcot)
Lunch - Le Cellier
Dinner - San Angel Inn

Monday - (MK ??)
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS - O'Hanas

Tuesday - (AK or DS)
Lunch -CS
Dinner - TS - 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian)

Wednesday - (Epcot)
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS San Angel (Mexico) (this one is a back-up. My DH wants to go here and last time we didn't make our reservations for some reason. So, I made two reservations this year. If we eat here on Sunday, than I will cancel this one and just have CS dinner.

Thursday - DS
Lunch - TS 50's Prime Time Another one I am thinking of dropping.
Dinner - TS - Grand Floridian Cafe

Friday - MK
Lunch - 2TS Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom)
Dinner - TS Chef Mickey's

Saturday - Epcot
Lunch - Le Cellier

Leave for airport and home

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 06-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #34
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Debating between Castas and Cabanas!

When I booked CSR back in early November, I requested Cabanas. The rooms in the Cabanas are all newly renovated which is a huge factor for us! Having queen beds instead of double for eight nights is a major plus. They are also very pretty. I also like the fact they are only two stories. We stayed at CBR last time and though we found it beautiful we want to try something different this time.

The Casitas look like my kids idea of Mexico, which they think would be fun to visit. The bus stop at the Casitas is the first to be picked up and first to be dropped off in the evening. Downside, is that not all the buildings are renovated and might have to rely on elevators or hike it up three or four flights of stairs each night.

Oh, what to do! Of course, even if I do finally decide and chose one, it is not guaranteed! So, all this stress about which to pick might be for nothing.

I can't believe this trip is so close to being a reality. Only twelve days to go! I can check-in online this Tuesday! WOO HOO!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #35
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

10 Days and Counting!

Unbelievable! Our trip is only 10 days away!

Today was a great day! The online ADR system was up and running and I was able to reschedule a few of my ADRs and book a new one that I have been wanting to get.

Now, I am also going to go ahead and check-in online. I figure that it will probably reduce my wait time in the lobby check-in since we will be arriving on Magical Express. If there is a problem with the process or room requests, than I can handle it there-just as I would anyway, so really it should be a win-win situation.

After much agonizing over it, I requested a renovated room, preferrably in Casitas 4 or 5, ground floor.

I decided I might as well list all my wishes. It would be fantastic to get a corner room or upgrade to a waterview. But I will be happy with just a renovated room!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #36
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Ok, I'm a offical follower of your report

Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #37
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Welcome Echo Queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Ok, I'm a offical follower of your report
Wow! I can't believe I have an audience with the Queen! Tee Hee!
It really is nice to know that I am not just taking to myself here on the boards.

So, tell me Echo Queen, do you have a current trip you are planning or are you just dreaming and living through the trips of others (like I have done for so many, many years)?

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #38
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

CSR Resort Room Request update

Right before I checked in on-line, I called CRO and put down my requests for a room in Casitas 4 or 5 or the Cabanas.

I was thinking that we might like the Casitas this trip since they look more like what my family thinks Mexico might be like. However, ever since, I have been seconding, and so on guessing myself.

The main thing we want is a renovated room!
So, we would have a better chance of getting one if I requested Cabanas. And I happened to see some new pictures on the CSR resort photos thread that really looked great of the Cabanas. Actually, there photos there made all three sections look fantastic.

The Cabanas looked relaxing and would only be two stories, so less crowded possibly?

However, I do love the look and idea of the Casitas but really don't want to have to hike it up several flights of stairs each and every night or rely on the elevators.

As Pooh would say, "Oh bother!" And then the Eeyore in me, is telling me that no matter what I request, I will most likely not get what I want anyway -- that is just how it tends to work out with me. So, I should just not focus on it and move on!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #39
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Stroller or no stroller?

The amount of money for stroller rental is outrageous! I am still debating what to do and we leave in six days!

We are flying so it will cost us extra to take a stroller with us. I have an old umbrella stroller we might take for my 6 year old. She is just 46 pounds. However, she is extremely tall for her age so when she sits her kneew are really up high. Right now, I am thinking that she might be fine in a few of the parks without a stroller. For the other days, we just might have to bite the bullet and pay the WDW fees.

Much earlier in the planning, I checked out the free stroller shares threads. But no luck, my week was already taken.

Does anyone know if you can buy umbrella strollers on property? Say DtD? What about the cost? I thought it might be feasible to just wait and buy an umbrella stroller there instead of paying to bring it down on the plane with us. Then at the end of the trip, we would either have to pay to ship it home or perhaps give it to a family just starting their trip.

We will not have a rental car and I do not want to have to go offsite in a taxi to buy one.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #40
Echo queen

[QUOTE=mdsouth;32354494]Wow! I can't believe I have an audience with the Queen! Tee Hee!
It really is nice to know that I am not just taking to myself here on the boards.

So, tell me Echo Queen, do you have a current trip you are planning or are you just dreaming and living through the trips of others (like I have done for so many, many years)?[/QUOTE

Why yes, I am in the early stages of planning another Christmas trip I finally got the green light from my DH last weekend, we brought it to a family vote my boys are 14 and 10 they were all for it. My DH thinks it's too soon because we have been going every year for 5yrs and we were there last Christmas, I don't see what his problem with it is

2008 Last Christmas was our first on site(we have a time share so we usually use it) stay, we were at CR (my dream resort) and were upgraded to a bay lake tower view from the wing. We were on the deluxe dinning with ADR's booked to the max $$$$ was not an issue wonderful trip.

2009 CSR is my first choice and $$$ is an issue. It was not in our plan to go back to WDW this year. Spring break Branson MO we drove, July Las Vegas flying and labor day IL flying home town. So I really had to work it with DH to get him to go for this. Oh let me tell you up front I LIKE VACATIONS, you never would have guessed right

Our past trips have been 9 to 12 days because we fly I like to stay as long as possible. This trip will be 5 nights at CSR and then back home. Because I had 18 days off over Christmas last year I did not think there was a chance I could get off this year, but to my surprise no one took the week after Christmas so here I am working with what's left over Did I mention that I love disneywho would not want to go the happiest place on earth.

My friends and coworkers think I'm crazy (I am not going to mention this trip sshhh) for going so much which is why we tryed Branson and LasVegas this year. Branson was fun my parents met us there and we all had a good time but I have no desire what-so-ever to go back, that is the sentament of everyone. I am sure we will have a great visit in(our first time there) Vegas but it is not disney.

I love reading trip reports especially about places I would like to go.

I'm not a big talker Chat soon

Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #41
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

I would love to know your secret for convincing hubby!

I would love to travel more, if only my budget and hubby would go for it!
However do you convince your hubby to go for the trips?

It would be so much fun to go around Christmas. The week after Christmas is a good time to get away. I have traveled before during this week (visiting family, etc). It is nice to have Christmas at home and then get up and leave the next day. That way, you can enjoy the build-up towards the holiday, and the actual holiday itself without lugging around presents and such.

From the pictures that I have seen, the holiday lights on the castle are absolutely breathtaking! I would love to see it in person!

Staying at CR would be so much fun! We ate at Chef Mickey's last year, and wandered around a bit. My DS still remembers it, four years later and said that it would be cool to stay there with the monorail running through it! I agree! It would be so nice to just hop on the monorail to get to MK and Epcot.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #42
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Well, I have to narrow down my ADRs.

Since we are on the basic dining plan we will have 7 TS credits to use. I currently have 10 TS credits planned.

I would love to keep them all, but we are already splurging a bit to get the dining plan and my DH will not be too pleased to have to pay out of pocket.

I dropped 50's Prime Time. I am sure we would have enjoyed the atmosphere and my DH would have liked the food. However, there are lots of other great restaurants to try at WDW. It really does make it hard to choose!

I am debating on whether we really need both 1900 Park Fare and Cinderella's Royal Table. The CRT will be using up 2 of our TS credits. My DD likes to dress up as a princess occassionally, but is really not into princesses like so many other girls. She likes princesses, and enjoys playing them with her friends but she is much more into playing with her little dogs and stuffed dogs. I just don't know what to do!

We have the 1900 Park Fare scheduled for early in our trip and CRT scheduled for our last full day at WDW. So, I might cancel CRT based on her reaction to 1900 Park Fare. I just have to make sure and cancel before the 48 hour cut off. On the otherhand, I, myself think it would be pretty cool to have the experience of eating in the castle - at least just once.

I could drop 1900 PF but, I have read that the character interaction is better here, and the show is entertaining as well. So, I think that as a whole family we would enjoy the 1900 Park Fare moreso than CRT.

Any suggestions?

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Old 06-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #43
Echo queen

[QUOTE=mdsouth;32360206]

I dropped 50's Prime Time. I am sure we would have enjoyed the atmosphere and my DH would have liked the food. However, there are lots of other great restaurants to try at WDW. It really does make it hard to choose!

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

The portion at 50's are huge, you could do oop and share meals. It was a good meal.

CRT is never an option for us with boys

I have seen stollers in the gift shops but can't rember which ones, you might want to start a new tread on it to get more feedback.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #44
Echo queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
I would love to travel more, if only my budget and hubby would go for it!
However do you convince your hubby to go for the trips?

]The one thing that helps the most is the fact that I have the ability to make quite a bit of extra income because of my field. My womanly woes gets me the rest of the way. My dh does believe if mama's not happy then no one is.[/I][I
It would be so much fun to go around Christmas. The week after Christmas is a good time to get away. I have traveled before during this week (visiting family, etc). It is nice to have Christmas at home and then get up and leave the next day. That way, you can enjoy the build-up towards the holiday, and the actual holiday itself without lugging around presents and such.

From the pictures that I have seen, the holiday lights on the castle are absolutely breathtaking! I would love to see it in person!

Staying at CR would be so much fun! We ate at Chef Mickey's last year, and wandered around a bit. My DS still remembers it, four years later and said that it would be cool to stay there with the monorail running through it! I agree! It would be so nice to just hop on the monorail to get to MK and Epcot.
When you do a Christmas trip you will not be disappointed it is all that and more, I can not put it in words how wonderful it is.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Since we are on the basic dining plan we will have 7 TS credits to use. I currently have 10 TS credits planned.

I would love to keep them all, but we are already splurging a bit to get the dining plan and my DH will not be too pleased to have to pay out of pocket.

I am debating on whether we really need both 1900 Park Fare and Cinderella's Royal Table. The CRT will be using up 2 of our TS credits. My DD likes to dress up as a princess occassionally, but is really not into princesses like so many other girls. She likes princesses, and enjoys playing them with her friends but she is much more into playing with her little dogs and stuffed dogs. I just don't know what to do!

We have the 1900 Park Fare scheduled for early in our trip and CRT scheduled for our last full day at WDW. So, I might cancel CRT based on her reaction to 1900 Park Fare. I just have to make sure and cancel before the 48 hour cut off. On the otherhand, I, myself think it would be pretty cool to have the experience of eating in the castle - at least just once.

I could drop 1900 PF but, I have read that the character interaction is better here, and the show is entertaining as well. So, I think that as a whole family we would enjoy the 1900 Park Fare moreso than CRT.

Any suggestions?

Okay...I found you and I'm all caught up. Are you breakfast eaters? If so, I would switch 1900 Park Fare to breakfast rather than dinner. I've read some really bad reviews of dinner, but some great ones about breakfast.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: