Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #136
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

I am back - so sorry for the long delay!

I just wanted to let anyone reading this know that I will be adding updates to my report. I took a long break away from the report and now plan to finish it.

I am so sorry for the long delay -- I am a teacher and with school beginning again, I found that the little time I have for myself, I used for other things. However, I really want to finish this report for my own family's record of our trip, so I am committed to finishing it. I plan on printing out the report and some of the comments to add to my scrapbook of our trip.

So, look for my new chapter tomorrow.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 10-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #137
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
I just wanted to let anyone reading this know that I will be adding updates to my report. I took a long break away from the report and now plan to finish it.

I am so sorry for the long delay -- I am a teacher and with school beginning again, I found that the little time I have for myself, I used for other things. However, I really want to finish this report for my own family's record of our trip, so I am committed to finishing it. I plan on printing out the report and some of the comments to add to my scrapbook of our trip.

Don't you just hate when real life gets in the day of DISing? I look forward to you continuing your report.
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #138
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing the information with me. I will definitely check out colleges for programs such as this one.
You are welcome! I attended St. Cloud State here in Minnesota, and I do believe the U of M and Mankato also have the program. Mankato also has a Graduate program for it.

Quote:

Ah, that real life getting in the way!!! No worries, we'll hang out until you are back!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #139
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

oh my another one falls to the lego store... i know all about that...

DD's hair is adorable...

I agree with Kat...don't you just hate when real life gets in the way of Dising...

Looking forward to your updates...

Brooke...Urban Planning is cool...you are not a nerd...hmmm...unless you are a nerd and then that makes me a nerd too because I think all of that stuff is really fascinating...

(hmmm...now that I think about it...David asked me about the chemical formula for caffeine when we were in starbucks today (don't ask) and I knew I remember seeing it...and guess who I thought of...)

Let's proudly embrace our nerdom...

oops sorry for the thread hijak...

Bring on the update...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #140
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Thanks for hanging out and waiting for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ah, that real life getting in the way!!! No worries, we'll hang out until you are back!
Thanks for hanging in there. I won't get time to actually finish my next chapter until this weekend. But I am actually setting aside some time on Saturday to do this. My DH and kids will be busy with something and I will have a few hours to myself.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #141
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

A little nerdom is needed! Everyone could benefit from some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
oh my another one falls to the lego store... i know all about that...

DD's hair is adorable...

I agree with Kat...don't you just hate when real life gets in the way of Dising...

Looking forward to your updates...

Brooke...Urban Planning is cool...you are not a nerd...hmmm...unless you are a nerd and then that makes me a nerd too because I think all of that stuff is really fascinating...

(hmmm...now that I think about it...David asked me about the chemical formula for caffeine when we were in starbucks today (don't ask) and I knew I remember seeing it...and guess who I thought of...)

Let's proudly embrace our nerdom...

oops sorry for the thread hijak...

Bring on the update...

Loved your nerdom comment. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Kat - thank you to for your insight and presence. It really does help motivate me to get this done now that I know there are a few people that are interested in reading it.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #142
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 11 - Epcot and Le Cellier

Chapter 11 – Epcot and Le Cellier
(I will add the pictures and more later)

On Sunday, June 28th, we headed to Epcot. Once again, my hope of getting to the park early was only a dream. When we arrived at the front gate, we had trouble with one of our tickets. It was my husband’s ticket. The machine could not read it and so the CM sent us over to the main ticket window for assistance.

The line was long and I was worried about getting to our lunch reservation on time. My DH told us to go ahead and go in and he would meet us at Le Cellier. This would be our first time to dine at Le Cellier. I had read so many positive reviews that I just had to try the place for myself – especially the pretzel bread and soup!
The kids and I hurried across the park and found our way to Canada.

Knowing how popular the restaurant is, I figured Gary, my DH, would be able to catch up with us as we waited for our table. Our ADR was for 11:50. We walked in and the host told me that he could seat us immediately! Unbelievable!
He even seated us without Gary being present, another surprise! So, the kids and I sat and enjoyed the bread and a drink while we continued to wait for my DH. When we first arrived most of the tables were empty. Then they started to fill up and my DH was still missing. He finally called telling me that they had had lots of trouble figuring out the ticket issue, but it was now fixed and he was inside the park. He told me to go ahead and order for him – so I did.

When he arrived he was soaking wet – water dripping down his face. The clouds had just opened up with a huge downpour as he was nearing the World Showcase. I couldn’t believe how drenched he was!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Last edited by mdsouth; 10-22-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #143
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

AAHH Man! Not a good way to start the day at EPCOT. I'm sure it will get better. Kudos for the CM seating you without your whole party present. Some are pretty picky about that.

Will wait patiently for more.

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 10-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #144
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh no!!! What a mess!

I hope the lunch more than made up for the ticket and rain troubles!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #145
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Sorry again = My household has been run over with the flu

I had been fighting the flu when I posted my last update. Unfortunately, I ended up with an extremely bad case of the flu and felt miserable for a week and even extremely tired since then. It really took me down - my DS and husband each had it too - we all overlapped a little bit but our worst days were on different days thank goodness. My DD, luckily, has not had it yet. So, perhaps she managed to avoid it.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #146
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Chapter 12: Le Cellier Review

Chapter 12 – Le Cellier Review

Well, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that Le Cellier managed to meet most my expectations. This was the first time we ate there.

The kids and I enjoyed the breadsticks as we waited for my husband to arrive. We all liked the pretzel breadsticks the best.

As for our entrees, we all liked them too. My DS ordered the Grilled Steak burger. He thought it was pretty good but prefers American cheese on his burgers instead of the cheddar cheese that he chose.
My DD who is 6 had the cheese pizza. She ate some of it but is a very picky eater so she did not finish it. Instead, she ate the breadsticks.

My DH and I both had the New York strip steak. It was cooked just like we ordered. We both enjoyed the meal. It was not our absolute favorite meal while at WDW but we enjoyed it. The lunch time worked well for us as a family.

We all ordered something different for desert. It was a treat for us to get a fancy desert. The deserts look better than they actually taste. We liked the presentations of the deserts, Chocolate Moose, seasonal Sorbet, and the Smore (I think that is what it was called).

My DH and I actually liked the sorbet the best but then we are not huge chocolate fans. Overall, we enjoyed our meal at Le Cellier. It was much easier to reserve a lunch time and it worked great for us.

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Last edited by mdsouth; 11-11-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #147
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Glad to hear LeCellier was a good lunch! We weren't crazy about the chocolate "moose" either. I'm not big on chocolate, so I expected not to like it, but DH who LOVES chocolate didn't like it either. It was too rich for him. But many people just love it!

I highly enjoyed their creme brulee. Yummmy. That s'mores looks very interesting to eat!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #148
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Wow! Someone is still here with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Glad to hear LeCellier was a good lunch! We weren't crazy about the chocolate "moose" either. I'm not big on chocolate, so I expected not to like it, but DH who LOVES chocolate didn't like it either. It was too rich for him. But many people just love it!

I highly enjoyed their creme brulee. Yummmy. That s'mores looks very interesting to eat!

Brookelizabeth, thanks for your post. I have been overwhelmed with my job as a middle school Language Arts teacher - lots of papers to grade, and life at home that I haven't had time to post updates lately. Now that I home on break, I plan on adding a couple more chapters.

I agree with your husband - all that chocolate is just too rich for my taste. I always pass on the double chocolate desserts just for that reason, and I chocolate too!

Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: