Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Arrow Our Ten Day Adventure Around the World with(out) Malficent!!!....with lots of pics!!!

Hi. I just love reading the Disboards and occassionally responding to trip reports. I decided to do a trip report for my upcoming trip. I don't think I will be as good as most of the writers here (camblescott, bellasolie, kathyrn; just to name a few). But, I will do my best to keep you all entertained and informed.

So, here goes.........

What: Our Family Vacation to Disney World!
We will be going to the Disney parks for eight days and Universal/Islands of Adventure for two days. We will spend one day to drive down to Florida and one day to drive home to Louisiana.

Who: Party of Ten!

Brandy (Me) I am a Disney veteran. I work full time and am a single mom of two girls. My favorite character is Goofy.

Elizabeth (Liz) my oldest daughter 11yrs old (will turn 12 on the trip). She is a Disney veteran. She was born with spina bifida, hydrocephalus, PDD-NOS and is developmentally delayed. She is wheelchair bound. Her favorite characters are Maleficent and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).
*It also should be noted that Liz ONLY eats stage two baby food, cheetoes, cheese puffs, and vanilla wafers. It is not a medical reason; it is totally a control issue for her. It should also be noted that Liz would ride almost everything (she seems to have no fear, except Snow White’s Scary Adventure , where her sister Becca has an unbelievable fear of most things), but because of her shunt I won’t let her ride anything that goes upside down or rides like Mission: SPACE. It is not something her doctors have told me she can’t ride; I just feel that it is best to not push her possible limits.*

Rebecca (Becca) my youngest daughter 9 yrs old. She is a Disney veteran. She has ADHD and a speech delay (an auditory processing disorder). Her favorite characters are Ariel and Mickey Mouse.

Patsy (my mom) She is a Disney veteran.
Roy (my mom’s boyfriend) He is a 1st time Disney visitor.

Alexis (my cousin’s daughter) She is 8 yrs old. She is a Disney veteran.

(Alexis, Rebecca, & Alyssa)

Leonard (Leo) (the oldest of my two brothers, but three years younger than me) He is a Disney veteran.

(Leonard, my mom, Becca (in front of Leo) & Liz (in front of my mom)

Wes (my youngest brother) He is a Disney veteran.
Rena (Wes’ fiancée) She is a 1st time Disney visitor.
Alyssa (Rena’s daughter) She is 12 yrs old. She is a 1st time Disney visitor.

(Alyssa, Rena & Wes)

Up next, when, where & why..........

Our Twelve Day Adventure Around the World! Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158920

Last edited by BrandyC1974; 07-03-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: edit title
Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

When, Where & Why

When:
Thursday, June 11, 2009 to Monday, June 22, 2009

Where:
Where else?? Walt Disney World in Florida. Also, we will be visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We will be staying off-site in a four-bedroom, two bath house.

Why:
Why not?? Seriously, we love Disney. Of course, some of us more than others. My family thinks I am crazy for all of the planning I do. They know I am online every chance I get. I just can’t help it. I love the planning. Also, my oldest daughter Liz, LOVES it as much (if not more than I do). Every day, she asks me if I know what she is excited for. I, of course, say DISNEY WORLD!! And she replies, “I know!” She is such a wonderful daughter, despite all of her hardships. She is very caring and loving. And her sister, Becca, is so protective of her!

This picture was taken in 2004. Liz was 7 yrs old and Becca was 4 yrs old

This is one of my favorite pictures from that trip. Liz just loves! Peter Pan. If you ask her how old she is, she still will tell you five. I guess she is never going to grow up, just like Peter Pan!

Coming up next, our plans (or should I say my plans)..........

Last edited by BrandyC1974; 06-08-2009 at 07:34 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Before I get to our plans, let me explain the title...

Hello. I know that there are a few of you reading. I would like to be able to say hi you, so please leave a reply!

Now, I know I said the next installment would be our plans. Well, I decided to explain the title of this trip report first. Please be patient, the plans will be up next.

Sometime last year, my darling daughter Liz decided that she LOVES the villians. One day, she told me that she loves Maleficent and that she wanted to live with her in her castle.

Every day, she would ask me if she could stay with Maleficent in her castle with her friends. Well, I told her of course! But, that I would miss her. Well, she did not care that I would miss her; she just wanted to "live" with her. Also, she informed me that she was going to marry Jafar??

Every since then, she kept telling me she wanted a Maleficent doll. I looked high and low for it. I could not find it anywhere!! She was very upset. Well, one day while Christmas shopping, we went to the Disney Store and guess what we find??

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We found a Maleficent doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She fell in love!!!! She takes that thing everywhere!!!!

So, we (by we I mean she) decided that Maleficent was going with us to Disney World!!!!

So, that is where the title comes from. Maleficent will be traveling with us!!
I just hope that she stays out of trouble!!!

Up next, our day one plans...............

Last edited by BrandyC1974; 04-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm in & glad to be your first poster.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Day One Plans

Day 0: Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is the day before we leave. I will be working for home this week so that I can make sure we have everything packed and ready. My brother Wes, who works offshore, is expected to come home today. Usually he comes in early but anything can happen. If he comes in too late, he, Rena and Alyssa will probably leave later than we do in the morning to allow him time to get everything together (and to get some sleep).

My mom lives one house away from me; so that makes getting us all ready easier. My brother Leonard will sleep at my mom's house this night since we are leaving so early. My cousin's daughter Alexis will sleep at my house this night for the same reason. I just hope we get some sleep in my house!! Can you just imagine three little girls excited for Disney World sleeping in the same room the night before?? (them) (and me)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1: Thursday, June 11, 2009: Travel Day

We will leave around 4am from Louisiana. We will be driving to Florida. We will be taking three cars.

Car # 1: my mom, her boyfriend, my cousin’s daughter Alexis and my youngest Rebecca.

Car # 2: my brother Wes, his fiancée Rena and her daughter Alyssa.

Car # 3: me, my oldest Elizabeth and my brother Leonard.

I don't know about the other two cars, but mine will be jamming to Disney music!!!

After getting to the house, we will go to the store to purchase the perishable food items. Our plans are to eat breakfast at the house before going to the parks in the morning (except for the two days we have a breakfast ADR). We will also purchase food for the evenings (sandwich stuff, frozen pizzas, etc) for after the parks. Afterwards, we will go back to the house, unpack and get to bed early so that we can get a fresh start for the morning.

Up next, day two plans........which park will be first??...................

Old 04-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Hi, I'm in & glad to be your first poster.
Yeah!! My first reply!! I am glad you decided to post. I hope you enjoy this report as much as I enjoy writing it.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Day Two Plans

Day Two: Our First Day in the Parks

Friday June 12, 2009: Magic Kingdom
●Park Hours 9am to10pm
We always hit the Magic Kingdom the first day. We don’t have a “plan” but we do have our “must do’s”. We will be trying for rope drop. I guess we will have to see if that happens or not.

Since we will have two days for each park, we will take it slow and make sure to enjoy the atmosphere also.

We will be eating counter service this day. Our choices are Casey’s Corner, Columbia Harbour House and Pinocchio Village Haus. We have eaten at all of them so it just depends on our moods and where we are when we get hungry.

The rides that will be closed during our stay are: TTA, Space Mountain and Hall of Presidents. Someone in our party will do every ride/attraction, except Stitch’s Great Escape. Rides that we haven’t done in a while but are looking forward to are: Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer’s Island, Astro Orbiter, Monsters Laugh Floor (new to us) and Liberty Square Riverboat.

Here are some Magic Kingdom pictures from previous trips:

Becca & Liz in Minnie's House-2004

A Castle Picture-2004

On Main Street-My brother Wes, Me, Becca & Liz-2004

In Front of the Train Station-Becca & Liz-2004

Us on the Teacups-2004

On Dumbo-Wes & Liz-2004

Becca & Liz with Rabbit & Tigger-2004

Becca on the Jungle Cruise-2006

My dad & Becca on Dumbo-2006

Liz & Becca with Goofy at LTT-2006

Becca & Liz with Eeyore at Crystal Palace-2006

Up next day three plans.....................

Last edited by BrandyC1974; 04-25-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Great pics, it looks like you've been on quite a few trips. We went for the first time in May 2007 & have been hooked ever since. We have have to go at least once a year no matter what happens.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
cousinbb
Burn the Bridge of Retreat

Hey! I just started reading your report and can't wait 'till you finish it.

My Sept.trip report of 2008
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1964578
Our Italian waiter was flirting with us!!trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313132
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great pics, it looks like you've been on quite a few trips. We went for the first time in May 2007 & have been hooked ever since. We have have to go at least once a year no matter what happens.
Yeah, I went four times as a kid with my parents and siblings; and four times with my girls (and family). My girls also went once with my mom and aunt. My family LOVES disney world.

Glad you are reading along. I will post again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinbb View Post
Hey! I just started reading your report and can't wait 'till you finish it.

Thanks for joining in. I will post again tonight. We are just too excited about our trip.

Edited to Add: I went and read your trip report from Sept 2008. It looks like ya'll had a good time. I can't wait to read about your next trip.

Last edited by BrandyC1974; 04-29-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Day Three Plans

Saturday June 13, 2009: Hollywood Studios
●Park Hours 9am to 8pm
We are star wars fans, so we are excited about this day.

We love this park (Tower of Terror and Rock N Roll Coaster )! Of course, we love all the parks. It is impossible for us to pick a favorite.

We have a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre (this was my daughter Becca’s choice). We have not eaten here before but she says that we HAVE to eat in the cars!!

The rides/attractions that are on our Do Not Do List are: Sounds Dangerous, Journey into Narnia, and American Idol Experience.

Rides/attractions that are new to us are: Toy Story Mania and High School Musical. Everything else is “must do’s”.

As we are star wars fans, we are hoping to meet some “characters” (especially Jedi Mickey, Minnie, Storm trooper Donald and Vader Goofy ). And a must do for us is to show up early to see the storm troopers before opening and the parade.

We have never been for Star Wars Weekends, but are looking forward to it.

Here are some pics from the Studios from previous trips:

The Big Hat

Star Tours

Becca & Liz (Backlot Walkthrough)-2004

Tower of Terror (One of Liz's Favorites)

Rock N Roll Coaster

Stormtropper

up next day four............................

Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Day Four Plans

Sunday June 14, 2009: Animal Kingdom
●Park Hours 9am to 7pm
This morning we have a BBB appointment for the three younger girls.

Afterwards, we will head to Animal Kingdom.

We have never done any of the trails, but are definitely planning on visiting these.

We love Expedition Everest, the Safari, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids. We are looking forward to seeing the Finding Nemo show.

On our Do Not Do list is: It’s Tough to be a Bug and Primeval Whirl.

We have also not done the following (but are looking forward to them): Flights of Wonder, Wildlife Express Train and Conservation Station.

We will be eating counter service this day. Our choices are Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus. Where we eat, depends on where we find our self when we are hungry.

Pocahontus Show-2006 (We will miss this show!!!)

Lion King Show-2006

Tarzan Show-2006 (We loved this show! And will miss it!! )

Tree of Life

Liz on the Safari-2006-I LOVE this pic of her

Becca at the Dig Site-2006

Next up, day five plans......

Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Day Five Plans

Monday June 15, 2009: EPCOT
●Park Hours 9am to 9pm

We have a breakfast ADR as Akershus this morning. I have not eaten here, but my mom took the three youngest girls (with my aunt) to eat here in 2005

She said the breakfast food was ok, but the truth is this “meal” is all about meeting the princesses.

Everyone, but me and my girls, will be having lunch at Nine Dragons. My girls and I will probably get something to eat at Liberty Inn for lunch. We just do not eat Chinese food.

Some of our favorite rides are: Test Track and Soarin’.

Rides/attractions that are “new” to us (and we are looking forward to) are: The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush.

Rides/attractions on the Do Not Do List are: Mission: SPACE (only about half of our group with do this ride, I will not ride it again).

This pic is of the Epcot "golfball", but it is from a display inside Walt's One Man Dream

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics from Epcot. We have never really toured the world showcase. This trip we will spend two days at Epcot, so we will definetly visit the world showcase and get lots of pics.

Also, I have never seen Illuminations, so it is a must do for this trip.

up next, day six............

Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Epcot's World Showcase is my favorie place at WDW. It's so much fun exploring all the countries.

DD & I are also planning an ADR at Akershus for breakfast & it's all about the princesses. She has requested that we eat at all of the princess places so in addition to Akershus I'm planning on CRT lunch & 1900 Park Fare for dinner. My DS requested not to be included at Akershus since by then he will be on princess overload.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #15
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Epcot's World Showcase is my favorie place at WDW. It's so much fun exploring all the countries.

DD & I are also planning an ADR at Akershus for breakfast & it's all about the princesses. She has requested that we eat at all of the princess places so in addition to Akershus I'm planning on CRT lunch & 1900 Park Fare for dinner. My DS requested not to be included at Akershus since by then he will be on princess overload.
Thanks for reading and replying. I hope you are enjoying my pre-trip report. We can't wait for our trip. We are at 34 days til the trip.

We have never done the castle (but would like to someday). We did dine at 1900 Park Fare for dinner and we liked it. I thought the food was good and the character interaction was fun. The only downside was that Becca was acting "shy" and wouldn't talk to them. I would have like to have done the dinner this trip (to see the stepmother and stepsisters), but noone in my group wanted to go (because of the price).

Thankfully I have girls and they can never have enough of the princesses.

I should have day six up sometime tomorrow evening (I am going to see X-men Wolverine tonight and I have a CPR class that I have to attend tomorrow at work.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: