Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
jfahome
DIS Veteran

Question Stateroom Question

My MIL and my daughter (age 4) will be sharing one stateroom, Cat 9, deck 2 oceanview porthole. I am trying to figure how they are going to sleep. I see it says queen or 2 twins. I don't know yet if my MIL wants to sleep on a twin, but if she'd rather not, what other options are there for my daughter? I see on the cruise website that there is a fold down bed from the wall, but she's too small for that. I have a small folding bed/couch thing that we generally take with us when traveling, but wasn't sure if I needed it. SO, IF my MIL wanted the whole queen to herself (you can't sleep with my daughter she moves too much!), where can my daughter sleep. Thank you for any help you can offer.
jfahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

The couch flips over to make a twin bed.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

and two twins can be put together to make one double/queen.
When we went on our first cruise, we had one child sleep in the bed that flips out from the wall and the other slept on the couch that folds down into a bed below the wall bed. So they ended up looking like bunkbeds.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

You can ask for bed rails for the sofa bed if you're afraid that she might fall out. The sofa bed is not that far up from the ground. She should be fine so your MIL can have the queen to herself.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The sofa bed is almost exactly like a standard twin bed. Your 4 year old should be fine in it...if you'd like, your room steward can attach bed rails.

Your other option is for grandma and granddaughter to share the one large bed or to have it separated into 2 twins....which again puts your DD in a twin bed.
Personally, I'd do grandma in a big bed and DD in the couch flip with rail if desired. That way, she has a solid wall on one side and a rail on the other. It's the same height off the ground as a normal bed.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

You may have a stateroom with a capacity of 3, not 4.

Not all category 9 staterooms have the bed that drops out of the ceiling.
You may only have the bed that can be 2 twins or a queen (the two twins pushed together into one bed) and the couch bed.
In that case, your MIL would not have the option of having the queen sized bed, since it would have to be split into twins (unless you want to share a bed with your MIL, or have your daughter share the bed with her).
There isn't enough room in the stateroom to bring your own folding bed.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:24 AM   #7
auntyaba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfahome View Post
My MIL and my daughter (age 4) will be sharing one stateroom, Cat 9, deck 2 oceanview porthole. I am trying to figure how they are going to sleep. I see it says queen or 2 twins. I don't know yet if my MIL wants to sleep on a twin, but if she'd rather not, what other options are there for my daughter? I see on the cruise website that there is a fold down bed from the wall, but she's too small for that. I have a small folding bed/couch thing that we generally take with us when traveling, but wasn't sure if I needed it. SO, IF my MIL wanted the whole queen to herself (you can't sleep with my daughter she moves too much!), where can my daughter sleep. Thank you for any help you can offer.
If I understand correctly its just the MIL and DD in the stateroom. We just sailed in a Cat. 9 large porthole room and loved it. I slept on the queen and my DD (20) slept on the fold down couch, she insisted it was comfortable and did not want to sleep in the bed. I would go with the rail on the couch its only a short distance off the floor and give MIL the queen bed.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

The first time my sister and I cruised together we left the bed a queen and used the couch. We started by rotating each night, but by night three we were fighting over the couch! At least in the case of our particular cabin, it was more comfortable!

The advantage of splitting the queen into two beds is that you can separate the sleeping area from the desk TV area (there's a curtain). If MIL wanted to stay awake and watch tv daughter could be in the bed area with the lights off.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: