DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
KPH500
Mouseketeer

Off Topic: Parasailing at Contemporary

Not sure where this should be posted ...

Has anyone done this? How far in advance should I make a reservation?
Any info would be much appreciated!

Karen
KPH500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

oh you are brave!!!

just call

407-wdw-play

think like everything else it is 90 days.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
KPH500
Mouseketeer

Oh you won't catch me up there! My husband and son want to do it. I'll watch them while safely planted on the ground thank-you-very-much!

Karen
Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Princess Tink
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH500 View Post
Oh you won't catch me up there! My husband and son want to do it. I'll watch them while safely planted on the ground thank-you-very-much!
So you know how much it cost? My DS11 soooo wants to do this, and I'll go with! DH says forget it! I thought about taking him while we are in Cancun next month, but decided maybe we'd save it for Disney...well see. I feel more comfortable that WDW will follow the safest practices. Do DVC'ers get a discount?
Dixie Landing~July 2000 ^ Port Orleans Riverside~July 2002 ^ Boardwalk Villas~June 2003 ^ Beach Club Villas/DCL Magic~May 2004 ^ Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach~July 2005 ^ Disneyland Hotel~Feb 2006 ^ Royal Carribean Cancun~July 2006 ^ Beach Club Villas/Villas at Wilderness Lodge~2007 ^ DCL Magic~Feb 2008 ^ Saratoga Springs Resort~Aug 2008 ^ Royal Carribean Cancun~May 2009 ^ Old Key West~Aug 2009 ^ Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/Jambo House~Dec 2009 ^ Old Key West/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani~July 2010 ^ Secrets Maroma Beach~May 2011 ^ Saratoga Springs GIRLS TRIP Oct 2011 ^ Beach Club Villas~Dec 2011 ^ Riu Vallarta~March 2012 ^ Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta~Aug 2012 ^ Beach Club Villas~Dec 2012
Princess Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Here's the information at wdwinfo on Parasailing and other water sports available from Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Centre at the Contemporary.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/parasail.htm
Old 04-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
Princess Tink
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Here's the information at wdwinfo on Parasailing and other water sports available from Sammy Duvall's Water Sports Centre at the Contemporary.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/parasail.htm
thanks for the quick response... you rick!
Dixie Landing~July 2000 ^ Port Orleans Riverside~July 2002 ^ Boardwalk Villas~June 2003 ^ Beach Club Villas/DCL Magic~May 2004 ^ Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach~July 2005 ^ Disneyland Hotel~Feb 2006 ^ Royal Carribean Cancun~July 2006 ^ Beach Club Villas/Villas at Wilderness Lodge~2007 ^ DCL Magic~Feb 2008 ^ Saratoga Springs Resort~Aug 2008 ^ Royal Carribean Cancun~May 2009 ^ Old Key West~Aug 2009 ^ Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/Jambo House~Dec 2009 ^ Old Key West/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani~July 2010 ^ Secrets Maroma Beach~May 2011 ^ Saratoga Springs GIRLS TRIP Oct 2011 ^ Beach Club Villas~Dec 2011 ^ Riu Vallarta~March 2012 ^ Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta~Aug 2012 ^ Beach Club Villas~Dec 2012
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
KPH500
Mouseketeer

Made the res this afternoon for Sun 6/28. Being so new to DVC didn't even think to ask for discount. DUH!

Karen
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

well at one time there was one - yes it is still there

Have the time of your life at Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre, located at Disney's Contemporary Resort, where you experience the thrill of parasailing or the fun of water-skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, inner-tubing and personal watercraft excursions! Learn from some of the top pros in these sports and have a great time on the water.

Parasailing adventures offer a bird's-eye view of the Walt Disney World Resort. This experience can be enjoyed by almost all Guests, including beginners and children. (You take off and land on a boat, so you usually don't even get wet.) Parasailing is available with single or tandem flights which last 10-12 minutes each. Water-skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding and inner-tubing are available in hour-long sessions with a maximum of five Guests per boat, and include an instructor and all related equipment. You also can enjoy an hour-long guided watercraft excursion or explore Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon on your own with a maximum of three Guests per watercraft. These water sports are ideal for all levels, from first-timer to advanced. Members receive:
10% discount on all activities
10% discount when combining a water-skiing, wakeboarding or inner-tubing excursion with either a parasailing or a personal watercraft excursion
$40 off the second hour when booking two consecutive hours of water-skiing, wakeboarding or inner-tubing excursions
Offers may not be combined. Discount is applied when you pay at the Watersports Centre, not at the time your reservation is made. You must present your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card. For reservations or more information, please call (407) 939-0754†.

looks like you are fine - says the discount is applied when you are doing it not when you make the reservation

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

We did it in September when we went! We had a great time. There were 4 of us. Youngest was 12 and had to ride tandem as he was under weight. They took all 4 of us out at one time. I went first because I am brave and it was so incredible. I was afraid to do it and also worried because I am a pooh sized gal. My oldest son went next. He turned 17 that trip and was our reason for doing it. My DP and 12DS tandemed next. It was a super windy day and that gave me added worry but I would do it again in a heartbeat. They explain things very well and are all business...but since your life is in their hands...I thought that was good.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Princess Tink
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
We did it in September when we went! We had a great time. There were 4 of us. Youngest was 12 and had to ride tandem as he was under weight. They took all 4 of us out at one time. I went first because I am brave and it was so incredible. I was afraid to do it and also worried because I am a pooh sized gal. My oldest son went next. He turned 17 that trip and was our reason for doing it. My DP and 12DS tandemed next. It was a super windy day and that gave me added worry but I would do it again in a heartbeat. They explain things very well and are all business...but since your life is in their hands...I thought that was good.

Thanks so much for the review....this is good to know, makes me feel better about my decision to go with Disney. We my have to put this on the list to do next time we're in the world...as a special treat for DS.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
snowwhitemom
Going down the road feeling bad!

LOVE IT!!!!! They will have such a great time, we have all did it a time or two and the view at MK is worth it alone to me. Enjoy
Old 04-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
Disneypirate85
DIS Veteran

I really want to do this but DW has refused to go along....eventually maybe...

Disneypirate85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

My older two kids did it in 2006, and it was their #1 favorite thing of the entire vacation. So much so, that they went again last August. They really, really loved it, and at one point, were literally flying with an eagle!

A few tips: We booked only a few days out from going. We planned all the rest of our trip, then schedules. It's best to go in the morning, as you can't do it when it rains. Also, scheduling it so close gives you a weather report that's fairly accurate. I know you already scheduled, but re-scheduling should be no problem if your other plans change.

You don't get wet. We brought suits, but the kids stayed dry--took off and landed on the boat.

There are minimum and maximum weights, so my kids (11 and 13 last year) went tandem. I swear, I could hear them bickering from the ground!

If you bring a camera, I suggest a waterproof, one-use one, just to be safe. Use the wrist strap!

My kids went out in the boat with another couple, and I believe there was room for just DH to go on the boat with them (he didn't parasail). there may be different prices dfor tandem/solo, and possibly different heights/sailing times. The first time, we were on a plan (premium, maybe?) that included watersports, so it didn't cost us anything. Last time, it was a gift from their grandmother. I'm thinking $185 (generous grandma!).

I hope that helps you. I'm way too chicken to go myself, but the kids couldnt' say enough good things about it.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
jdvm
Purple Van Driver

DISboards Approved Advertiser

We've done this and loved it. It ain't cheap but it's worth it. If you're going in the summer, do it in the morning so the weather doesn't get in the way.
John

www.ownerslocker.com
the purple place for storing your vacation stuff
jdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #15
BostonDisneyKid
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

I too have done this and it is truly awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys thrills (and can affor the high cost) as it is an experience like no other. Especially when the boat turns on the outward swing and you begin to drop from the slack in the rope and then whoosh back up as it tightens again! I too would also recommend bringing a waterproof disposable camera up with you as I hadnt thought to do so and wish I had. The pictures would be amazing !!!

RIP VMK : 5-21-08
BostonDisneyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: