Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #46
Smile4Me
DIS Veteran

Great tips everyone! Keep them coming!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #47
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Just logged in.

I've got some editing to do to catch up with these tips.

Keep them coming.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Info from guests that you just can't get off of reading a review from a site

Thanks

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #48
dizluvah
DIS Veteran

I have not read all the posts - just the summary at the beginning but I wanted to add

Recently Disney announced a "good night kiss" type event for Animal Kingdom at closing time...below is quote from press release (sorry could not find link but you can google it)

In a classic example of giving guests what they want, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has launched Adventurers’ Celebration Gathering, an interactive experience near the theme park entrance each evening during park closing. Khaki-clad cast – including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – gather to bid farewell to guests with a music-filled celebration. Cast members shake their pom-poms and urge guests to join in the street-party fun by dancing to the music and forming a conga line procession while Mickey, Minnie and Goofy keep the beat from atop their safari vehicle.“We’ve created a way for our guests to experience our characters … and it’s a way for us to have a fun, exciting way to end the day at Animal Kingdom,”
End Quote

Also I have to dissent - I love the parade at AK it is my favorite at any of the parks. Also for us our only must do's are Its a Bug Life and Safari so I disagree about skipping Bug's Life if you only have 1 day. Happy Planning
Old 04-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #49
teach22180
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMwink View Post
I think Conservation Station may be more for the younger crowd, where as adults and teens may want to focus other areas. But I've never been so I won't post that unless other DISers say that.
Thanks
Well...my 20 year old loved it out there and spent over an hour watching small surgeries. I just relaxed in the a/c and let her have her animal time. So, I think it's more for animal lovers than for a specific age group!
offsite Thanksgiving 1974, offsite Christmas 1981, CBR and the Disney Wonder August 2006, ASMo August 2007, POFQ June 2009, BC October 2010, POP and the Dream and then the WL August 2011, BW October 2012, POP August 2013
teach22180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #50
amamax2
DIS Veteran

subbing
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #51
IMwink
Mouseketeer

teach22180,

A Thanks for the info. That is why I said I wasn't going to post my opinion in my main post, but I guess I did in the "Things You Can Skip" Section.

Good catch, I will amend the post. I like your phrasing better. I guess I was thinking of Affection Section

Old 04-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #52
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I don't know if the Imagineers planned this on purpose, what with the Africa tie-in, but AK is HOT HOT HOT! They've gotten a little too real with that one, IMHO.
Some say it's because the paths are narrow and the lush greens are allowed to grow wild, which cuts down on air flow. Others say it's because there isn't an air-conditioned shop leaking cool air out the front door on every corner. I don't know what it is, but in July you will fry at AK. Plan to drink extra water and try to nip into someplace air conditioned now and then, which will be harder than you think. Twice my niece got sick from the heat on two separate trips to WDW, and both times it was in AK. It's a real issue.
And finally, I think the Finding Nemo show is a "must see." Just a thought.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #53
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I kinda figured that.

It is one reason why I am kinda don't mind pushing my DDs (5&6) around in a stroller, because then i can bringa cooler and force everyone to hydrate often. This also helps with the energy levels later in the day. Most Guests don't drink enough, and so later in the afternoon they are tired. Or they come to he park later because they don't want to get worn out.

Drink Water. Often.

The only time I had a bit of a difficult time with my kids at a park was at MK, and that is because it did get hot, we were waiting for the parade and they were only 2 & 4, so I didn't pour water down their throats. But now that won't be a problem because they like to drink water and I'll be forcing it in them. regardless of Potty breaks, better hydrated and more potty breaks than a cranky kid.

I digress. that is another Post for Another time

Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #54
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I would not miss the Nemo Musical, it's wonderful! I loved it and my children did too. It's the best show at Disney World, IMO.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #55
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great tips keep them coming.

My TH ressies are at 1pm, but we get priority seating (PS?) for Nemo, so I will live with TH instead of Y&Y. I almost forgot why I caved so easily on that ressie.

Thanks for the Dinosaur tip. We went to Universal in March when I was back in leave and my DD5 (really 4, will be 5 two weeks before trip) got scared on the Jurasic Park Ride.

Did you go in a summer month when it is hot? I know the animals are climatized to Florida weather so I thought in JULY they would be hiding out in the afternoon. Not that it's all that important, we also did Busch Gardens in March, but our friends haven't.
What do you mean you get priority seating for nemo with your lunch at TH?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
disneyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #56
IMwink
Mouseketeer

I was told that reservation at the TH ADRs betweem 1PM to 1:40PM can get reserved seating tickets for Nemo 3:15.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #57
Tinkerbell63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have an ADR for TH. Primarily because we are meeting another couple and they wanted to go there. I kinda want to go to Y&Y

I am choosing the QS though and I am planning on The Flame Tree.

Are there any "Must Have" snacks (like the Dole whip is a "must have" at MK)?
There is a drink at ak called a berry tea.It`s on the way to ee. I have never tasted it but my family has.They say it is delicious

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney

Welcome to the highway in the sky...
Tinkerbell63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Just updated

Just updated with a few of the posts.

here are some link of a "secret" path by Robo

DAK ParkCU - Secret Path Center
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...le-Paths_1.jpg

Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #59
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I would not miss the Nemo Musical, it's wonderful! I loved it and my children did too. It's the best show at Disney World, IMO.
I absolutely agree with you! I don't think that Nemo is just for kids. Yes, my small children loved it- my wild DS4 at the time sat through the entire show silently in awe. I think I enjoyed it even more than they did. It is an absolute must do.

My husband would say to have the ribs and a corn muffin at the Flame Tree BBQ - It is his favorite CS restaurant.

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #60
IMwink
Mouseketeer

That's nice. I like a good Corn muffin with some BBQ.

Tags
animal kingdom, guide, secrets, tips, tricks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: