Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #211
npoon
Mouseketeer

Lunch at Tusker house for fast passing nemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPOrocks View Post
Do they still offer fast pass/priority seating at Nemo if you have lunch at Tusker House?
wanted to know this too.
npoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #212
Midnyghtchilde
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Does anyone have picture of this place you talk about that you take a train ride to? ...or a TR link....would love to see what it's all about?
http://allears.net/tp/ak/ak_rpw.htm Is the AllEars article on it. Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station are the same thing.
Midnyghtchilde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #213
LBollengier
If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Rafiki :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyghtchilde View Post
http://allears.net/tp/ak/ak_rpw.htm Is the AllEars article on it. Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station are the same thing.
I love Rafiki's Planet Watch and the train ride over to the station. I say you have to do it the first time you go to Animal Kingdom and then after that every few times if your kids are older. If you have little ones, I would go every time!

There are animals here they can touch plus my kids love learning about the carte of all the animals in the park!

Me DH , DD20 & DD14 DGS8 * * DVC OWNERS ~ BWV, BLT & GCV * *
Planning: Annual Food & Wine Trip Oct 14 with Halloween Dream Cruise with Lennox!! WDW Homeschool Jan 2015 & Norway Magic 2015!!
Need to Scrap!!
DCL: Galveston Nov 2013, WONDERful Alaska 11 & 13, Magic Mexican Riviera 05 & 08, Magic Carribean 01 & 07, Dreamy Bahamas July & Oct 2012
WDW - BWI/V, Cont/BLT, Poly, WL, GFL & AKL 75, 84, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 98, 02, 04, 06, 10, Mar+May+Oct 11, Jan+Apr+Oct 12, Jan & Oct 2013, Jan 2014
DL - 1966, 76, 87, 99 - Grand California 05 & 08
LBollengier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #214
ppan77
DIS Veteran

Subbing
Dh Me DS6 DD4

ppan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #215
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Wow, this is a fabulous compilation of tips and tricks.

A few questions. I saw that at one time they were testing a centralized FP distribution location in AK in 2009/2010. Did they keep that or take it out? It would be awesome to go to one place to get several FPs.

For those of you that have been to DLR, as far as Kali River Rapids goes, do you generally get more or less wet than at Grizzly River Rapids, or pretty much the same? Trying to figure out footwear, etc, for this since Grizzly and Splash are my favorite rides in DLR, so its a must-do for us.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #216
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

They don't have the central FastPass distribution anymore.

In terms of wetness, Kali and Grizzly River Run are basically about the same. You could escape with just a few drops, or you could be completely wet. Just depends on your luck.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #217
Piglet99645
DIS Veteran

Bumping this awesome thread.

Wondering if you can take food into the Lion King. (Sounds like the more likely scenario is eating it while waiting to get in?)
November 8-11, 2005 - WDW with my husband and 5yo son and SIL - - All Star Music Resort ~ Trip Report
April 12-14, 2006 - DISNEYLAND again with the best friend - now 30-something moms
August 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
June 2011- Disneyland WITH HUBBY AND TWO KIDS (10 & 5), SIL and 2yo nephew - BWPPI ~ Trip Report.
October 21-26, 2012, WDW - All Star Movies, Food and Wine, and MNSSHP

Feb. 12-16, 2014. Disneyland (Desert Inn and Suites) Just me and the kids!! (now 13 and 8)
Piglet99645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #218
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet99645 View Post
Bumping this awesome thread.

Wondering if you can take food into the Lion King. (Sounds like the more likely scenario is eating it while waiting to get in?)
im bumping the thread- what an awesome read.

I have only been here three times-- and never have I waited on line to get in.
I dont know if you can eat in there-- the show is only about 20 minutes long
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #219
alayne
DIS Veteran

The first time I went to AK was either 1998 or 1999 - I remember doing Camp Minnie-Mickey but I can't remember how it works. Can someone who has been recently give me an update? I know there is several characters but do you have to wait in each line for the character or do you wait in 1 line and then go down a row to see each one?

From all the post I have read on AK most people say AK is a 1/2 day or 1 day trip to them. I wanted to eat at Tusker House on our trip in April 2011 so we had to go to AK even though my kids didn't seem really interested. Since we were already at AK I talked them into exploring some - we did Kilimanjaro Safari, Flights of Wonder, It's Tough to be a Bug, some of the walking trails, Tricera Top Spin and let my DS play in the Boneyard. We left a little after lunch because the kids were hot and said they would rather swim. (I hate swimming at Disney because we have a pool in our backyard so we can swim anytime.)

This year I was hoping we could do more at AK - I really want to see The Lion King, the Jingle Jungle Parade, Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR, etc. Is it possible to get all the major highlights - top rides, 1 show, parade and Camp Minnie-Mickey in 1 day? I plan to go on a day with EMH in the AM and stay until I just can't listen to the kids complain any longer. Any tips on keeping them more interested. Epcot is my favorite park but AK is a really close second for me.

Thanks
Allison
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #220
paysensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
The first time I went to AK was either 1998 or 1999 - I remember doing Camp Minnie-Mickey but I can't remember how it works. Can someone who has been recently give me an update? I know there is several characters but do you have to wait in each line for the character or do you wait in 1 line and then go down a row to see each one?
When we last went in 2010 you had to stand in line for each one. We spent more time waiting in those lines than any of the rides

You are standing mostly in the shade though, so that helps a bit. Get an ice cream and wait.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #221
paysensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This year I was hoping we could do more at AK - I really want to see The Lion King, the Jingle Jungle Parade, Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR, etc. Is it possible to get all the major highlights - top rides, 1 show, parade and Camp Minnie-Mickey in 1 day? I plan to go on a day with EMH in the AM and stay until I just can't listen to the kids complain any longer. Any tips on keeping them more interested. Epcot is my favorite park but AK is a really close second for me.

Thanks
Allison
We have done all of these easy in one day. The key is to get there before ropedrop. EMH would be great too. We have never stayed onsite so I don't get to do EMH. You can easily fill an entire day at AK. We have always been there at RD and stayed until it closed! We take little breaks and watch the shows, the parade here is wonderful!! I would definitely not miss the Lion King show, the Nemo show is also very good.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #222
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Can I just link my site

www.jamboeveryone.com

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #223
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
Is it possible to get all the major highlights - top rides, 1 show, parade and Camp Minnie-Mickey in 1 day?
The key word above being "highlights". Yes, all of this is possible if you use a smart touring strategy (such as - not going to Camp Minnie-Mickey for characters immediately after Festival of the Lion King ends).

I think you can do all of that and more. It is not possible to do "everything" in a day but if you are selective no problem.

Tags
animal kingdom, guide, secrets, tips, tricks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: