Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #571
Misti
DIS Veteran

May Trip

Just got back from a great trip to the GF. Our room was absolutely amazing, direct theme park view in Sago Cay. Loved the privacy of the building and yet how close it was to Gasparilla's. Very peaceful location. One gripe, if I could find one, was how crowded the courtyard pool is everyday. You could never find a chair in the afternoon and there were towels everywhere. NO ONE cleans up after themselves. C'mon people, it takes two seconds to scoop up your towels. Not to mention it seemed like there were more towel returns than trashcans so no excuses not to clean up. New favorite drink at the pool bar is the Pina Co'lava. Pina Colada with raspberry puree and Bacardi Razz Rum. Delicious! Had two great meals at Narcoossee's, too. Overall, a great trip to the GF. Okay, picture time:

View from my room

My room

Continue with the pix with another post..

Last edited by Misti; 05-18-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #572
Misti
DIS Veteran

More pix from my trip

Laying in bed and watching the fireworks. Amazing! Definitely recommend the Theme Park View room!

Sorry quality isn't good but here's a nightime pic from my balcony:

Ahhh, H20 toiletries

My room again

Oh how I loved this balcony

turndown

more pics to come...
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #573
Misti
DIS Veteran

GF grounds

Lodge Tower rooms in Sago Cay

The beauty of the GF

Last edited by Misti; 05-18-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #574
Misti
DIS Veteran

GF Cafe

I love the breakfasts at GF Cafe. Such a bright, cheery room too.

Last edited by Misti; 05-18-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #575
Misti
DIS Veteran

Gasparilla

I remember Julia was asking questions about breakfast at Gaspie's so here are some pix

View outside

Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #576
allseas1586
Mouseketeer

Great pictures, Misti! One thing that I still wonder about, they never did change the wallpaper at the vanity area when they renovated. Still shows the remains of the prior room themes.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #577
Misti
DIS Veteran

Cape Coral Suite

The 2 Bedroom Suite was a few doors down from us and the mousekeeper was kind enough to let me take pix. Honestly, for almost $2K a night, I wasn't very impressed. It's basically two regular rooms at either end with a living/dining room in the middle. The patio is amazing, however.

King Bedroom at one end of the suite (basically a regular room with a connecting door)

Powder room off of the living room

There was a bedroom with two queen beds at the other end of the suite. Again, just a regular room with a connecting door.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #578
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Very, very nice pics Misti. Glad you had a fun time. Your room view is amazing. So nice that you got a corner room The view of the Contemporary and BLT across Seven Seas Lagoon is particularly awesome.

Edited to add: ITA about people not putting up their towels. It drives me nuts!

Last edited by johnsonet; 05-18-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #579
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Lovely pictures, Misti.

I agree about the corner room....it looks awesome.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #580
Misti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
Great pictures, Misti! One thing that I still wonder about, they never did change the wallpaper at the vanity area when they renovated. Still shows the remains of the prior room themes.
Thanks! I know, I noticed that too!! Honestly, I didn't notice much different besides the flat screen/console. Generally looked very similar to me. Loved that they are adding the curved shower rods. It does make the tub area seem bigger. I know it doesn't go with the Victorian theme but I kinda wish they were doing the duvets like at the BC. I'm not a fan of bedspreads. But, I'm not complaining. The room was gorgeous!! My mom loves the lace sheer panels on the slider. And the new chair/ottoman they added to the rooms was really, really comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Very, very nice pics Misti. Glad you had a fun time. Your room view is amazing. So nice that you got a corner room The view of the Contemporary and BLT across Seven Seas Lagoon is particularly awesome.

Edited to add: ITA about people not putting up their towels. It drives me nuts!
Thanks! I got lucky with the corner. The resort wasn't operating at full occupancy so I'm thinking that's how I managed a great room. It was a fabulous surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Lovely pictures, Misti.

I agree about the corner room....it looks awesome.

Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked the pictures!! I have severe post WDW trip withdrawl looking at them now!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #581
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Misti --

Thank you SO SO much for posting your lovely photos! That corner room and the views from it are fantastic! Lucky you -- you got a great room!

You mentioned that the courtyard pool was crowded (I'm sad to hear that since on our trips it's always been somewhat empty). How was the "waterfall" pool -- was it overly crowded, too? I really hate not being able to find a chair at the pool...

I'm so glad you had a magical stay at the GF!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #582
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Misti So glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip! and your pics are awesome!!! Thanks for posting them... We love the GF Cafe also breakfast, lunch, dinner...anytime...

That corner room look great...also I noticed an extra table and chairs that are not in the regular room...I bet it was nice to have those too....

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #583
Misti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Misti --

Thank you SO SO much for posting your lovely photos! That corner room and the views from it are fantastic! Lucky you -- you got a great room!

You mentioned that the courtyard pool was crowded (I'm sad to hear that since on our trips it's always been somewhat empty). How was the "waterfall" pool -- was it overly crowded, too? I really hate not being able to find a chair at the pool...

I'm so glad you had a magical stay at the GF!
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the pix. I was surprised at how crowded the courtyard pool was during my stay. Expected it to only be moderately crowded like past trips. The themed pool was pretty crowded as well. The courtyard pool just seemed especially packed this time. Then again, it was very hot. Most days were 90's plus. I usually go in cooler months so maybe that's why it seemed more crowded to me to this time.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #584
heatherlynn444
DIS Veteran

beautiful pics!

I admit, not too impressed with that suite either, but the patio is nice! we had a 2 BR suite in Sago a few years ago and it had everything that suite had except the bar and all the space. it had a 1/2 bath, huge living/dining area all together and a king bed room adn a room with 2 queens.

Ft. WIlderness 89'~POR '95~Poly '97~GF RPC '03~GF RPC '07~AKL '07~GF RPC '08~CSR '09~ GF RPC May and July '09~Poly '10~BWI CL '10~POR and DCL '10~WL CL '10~GF RPC '10~WL CL/GF RPC '11~Poly CL/Dream double dip '11~ GF RPC Sept '11~GF RPC Feb '12~YC March '12~GF RPC April '12~DCL 5 night Magic May '12~GF RPC May '12~DisneyLand GCA and 1/2 harathon sept. '12~7 night on the Magic Oct. '12~Yacht Club Jan '13~Beach Club Jan '13~AKL Feb '13~Fantasy western April '13
Dec. AKL Dining Report
Sept. Deluxe dining report
June 2010 DCL Double Dip TR
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #585
Misti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Misti So glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip! and your pics are awesome!!! Thanks for posting them... We love the GF Cafe also breakfast, lunch, dinner...anytime...

That corner room look great...also I noticed an extra table and chairs that are not in the regular room...I bet it was nice to have those too....
Thanks! It was an awesome trip. Wish I could go back right now. Miss it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn444 View Post
beautiful pics!

I admit, not too impressed with that suite either, but the patio is nice! we had a 2 BR suite in Sago a few years ago and it had everything that suite had except the bar and all the space. it had a 1/2 bath, huge living/dining area all together and a king bed room adn a room with 2 queens.
Thanks, heatherlynn! I wonder if that was the same suite you had except they added the wetbar? Were you on the ground floor? It was suite 5141. I just expected to be "wowed" and that's not the feeling I got when I saw it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: