DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Inkmahm
Disney nut

MS called- no boardwalk view for Oct

I called at 9 am exactly 11 months before our October trip for the F&W festival to reserve a Boardwalk view studio. Today I come home to find a message from MS telling me my room won't be available due to scheduled maintenance but they are happy to offer me a studio at the Beach Club instead. Beach Club doesn't HAVE a boardwalk view. I don't consider that a fair trade at all. I own at Boardwalk so that I can book the Boardwalk view!

And they can't tell me that everyone else in studo boardwalk view rooms in October for my days booked before me because that is NOT possible.

I guess I call tomorrow to find out why I'm being asked to move rather than those who booked later than I did. I'm not happy.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I called at 9 am exactly 11 months before our October trip for the F&W festival to reserve a Boardwalk view studio. Today I come home to find a message from MS telling me my room won't be available due to scheduled maintenance but they are happy to offer me a studio at the Beach Club instead. Beach Club doesn't HAVE a boardwalk view. I don't consider that a fair trade at all. I own at Boardwalk so that I can book the Boardwalk view!

And they can't tell me that everyone else in studo boardwalk view rooms in October for my days booked before me because that is NOT possible.

I guess I call tomorrow to find out why I'm being asked to move rather than those who booked later than I did. I'm not happy.
I totally agree with you! This too is why we purchased BWV....for the bw view! I just don't know what else out there is comparable....I think you should see if they can get you a 1 bedroom BW view with no additional points cost to you! Wow.....let us know what happens!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Could it be a refurbishment of the BW? Wasn't the exterior being refurbished?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Another question on this. Just how do they know who to call first, second, etc? Did they call someone before you and they got upset so then do they call someone else until someone says ok? Like you said, you obviously called before many others on that day. Also, do they already know what room you have this far out?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Can't be sure, but I think wildernessDad is probably correct. They are most likely doing some type of refurbishment that impacts all of the Boardwalk view rooms. IIRC, something like this happened for some who were scheduled over the 4th. Maybe that project was postponed until Fall.

Sorry for the OP. They don't always know 11 months in advance when a project will start.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

When in October are they doing the switch to a different resort?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
I'd like to know about that, also. I'm wondering if anyone else isgoing to get "the call".
Old 04-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
robinb
DIS Veteran

Oh no! That's not a fair compensation. I love BCV, but it's not the same as a Boardwalk view.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

The same thing happened to people at AKV with a Savannah View room, some people who booked at 11 months did not get the SV room because of the closed Savannah for the Animal Acclimation and also last Sept-October with the Concierge and those who were displaced had to fight for compensation equal to what they were losing.

It sounds like they will be taking a block of rooms out of service and can't accomodate you at the boardwalk.

As for throwing someone else out in your place, they have to rearrange things based on the length of people's stays and juggle that around as well so even though you called "first" that cannot be the only consideration given to relocating people especially if they have to relocate them to different resorts.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #10
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:

I was told that the only Members being called were the ones who actively post on the DIS.

MS useally gives credit to early bookings. Maybe all Boardwalk view studios or rooms are going to be affected. Please post any info that you find out.

Good Luck.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
ottboy3
Earning My Ears

What I find funny is how people complain when Disney doesn't do something often enough like rehab the rooms that get a bit run down but when Disney actually attempts to fix the problems by rehabing the rooms they complain because it just happens to be the week they are staying. I bet if Disney was doing it another time the OP wouldn't complain in the least. I also love the people that also believe that because they aren't able to get exactly what they want they should get something for free or better yet get moved to the front of the line even at the expense of somebody else.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #12
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal55 View Post
We are supposed to be there Oct 22-27, 5 nights. I can't imagine why they'd close down all of the boardwalk view rooms during Food and Wine festival! If, in fact, that's what they are doing. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If it isn't all of them, then I want to know how I got picked to lose my room this far in advance when I called at the first possible moment to reserve the room I wanted.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #13
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
The same thing happened to people at AKV with a Savannah View room, some people who booked at 11 months did not get the SV room because of the closed Savannah for the Animal Acclimation and also last Sept-October with the Concierge and those who were displaced had to fight for compensation equal to what they were losing.

It sounds like they will be taking a block of rooms out of service and can't accomodate you at the boardwalk.

As for throwing someone else out in your place, they have to rearrange things based on the length of people's stays and juggle that around as well so even though you called "first" that cannot be the only consideration given to relocating people especially if they have to relocate them to different resorts.
But there isn't anything equal to losing the boardwalk view. I wouldn't even know what to ask for to make up for losing that view. There aren't any boardwalk views at the BC (which is why we didn't buy there in the first place.) What did people ask for in exhance for losing the savanna view rooms?

Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #14
Dean
DIS Veteran

I know it stinks but it is inherently required with timeshares from time to time. Recently many complained (rightyfully so) that it was too short of notice for BWV and AKV, this seems like more reasonable notice. Try to get standard view. Otherwise see what you can get but I doubt it'll be much nor do I think anything need to be offered in this situation if it's for rehab or similar. It's not really any different than if the pool is closed, etc.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
I called at 9 am exactly 11 months before our October trip for the F&W festival to reserve a Boardwalk view studio.

Now that we can book for up to seven days from the day we check in, calling at 9 AM exactly 11 months before no longer assures that we are being equal access to room availability. Many people checking in the week before you had a shot at that room availability first. At least that's my understanding of how it's working now.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: