Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
gorgeousmum
Earning My Ears

Visiting in June with toddlers.. Need advice

Dear all,

DH and I will be visiting Disneyland Paris with our 3 yrs old and 16mths old toddlers at the end of June for 3days.. We will be arriving from London via Eurostar and staying at DLH. We are planning to pay extra for Disney Express. We are just wondering how long it takes to check in etc.. before we head to the parks..We plan to freshen up before heading to the parks.

On our visit the park closes at 8pm and studios at 7pm.. So DH thinks we should visit the studios after we check in.. try to do the meet and greet at toon studios, see the playhouse disney show and catch the stars and cars parade.. and then head to Cafe Mickey for dinner ..

For the 2nd day.. Have early breakfast at hotel and with EMH head to Fantasyland for the rides and hopefully by 10ish head to princess meet and greet..Planning to head to Walts for lunch- pls advise which room has the best views of main st.. Hoping to catch party time with mickey and friends or minnie's party train before heading back to the hotel for their naps. Hope to catch the dream parade and then probably take a wonder around before dinner at Inventions.. disney village after that if the kids are still awake

on the last day hope to have lunch at studios at restaurant des stars and then have a wonder about till its time to catch the train back to London at 7pm.

Sorry for the long message but hope everyone can give me advice regarding the restaurants chosen and character interactions at these venues.. Or are we just planning too much?? ..
gorgeousmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Hi gorgeousmum,

Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to DLP DIS board

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread, or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038 ,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm .

If you're planning on booking Disney Express, you don't need to go to your hotel at all when you arrive at Marne-la-Vallee train station (at the entrance to the parks) because you'll get all your park tickets and information on the train before you arrive. So you can just get off the train and head straight to the parks . Your room may not be ready for you until 3pm, if thats where you plan on freshening up before you go to the parks.

You have 2 and a half days, right? As you intend having lunch at the studios on your last day anyway, I'd suggest planning the morning in the studios, doing the character meet n greets there then. That would give you your last half day to go do your favourite experiences again .

I'd suggest, first day, going to the main park first. Going under the train station and through into Main St Usa is a truly magical sight, I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

With my DD (she's not a toddler though) we usually split our full days ie start off in the main park for EMH, then head over to the studios, then possibly back to the main park for some of the afternoon, then after the parade back to the studios. The 2 parks are only 5 minutes apart, gate to gate, so its easy enough to do.

We usually plan around 2 or 3 particular things we want to do each day, and then work other things in around it as and when.

Enjoy planning your family trip

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

I totally agree about hitting Disney Park and not the Studios first.

For me, I've always felt hitting Disneyland should always start with the main area i.e. the Castle.

I remember going to Orlando around 10 years ago and after going to a couple of the non-Disney parks we knew it had to be Magic Kingdom for our first experience.

Just my preference tbh, but when we go there on 1st June that's the park we'll be doing.

FD
fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
C3PO
Earning My Ears

Hi! I spent Easter at the parks with a 3 and 5 year-old, and followed a very similar plan to yours. We did the Studios on check-in day, as we only had a few hours before the parks closed, which was a nice introduction to Disneyland, not to mention the fact that we had been travelling for a big part of the day to get there, so we were all a bit tired. We managed to do Cars, Flying Carpets and Playhouse Disney Live. I also thought that after hours travelling, it would be nice for the children to sit down for a while at the show, and I was right.

On day 2 we did EMH in the Park. It was the best introduction to the Parks for us - strolling up to the castle for the first time when it was fairly quiet, and easy to take lots of photos.

We only returned to the Studios on day 4. We went there in the morning, then left after lunch at Restaurant des Stars (good meal). We didn't think it had much to offer young children, except for the attractions we had already been on. I would have liked to have watched "Stitch Live", but my children didn't want to.

Character interaction was equally good at CM and Inventions, although we met one more character at CM than we did at Inventions. The meal at Inventions was nice, but I wouldn't due it again, as it's so expensive.
1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW - Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort; 2009 - DLP - Newport Bay Club; 2010 - DLP - Sequoia Lodge; October 2014 DLP - DLH
C3PO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
Trilli-magic
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have a good plan
I did Disney park first, but thats just me, I couldn't wait to see the castle!!
I went in March with my 3yo and 23month old.
CafŤ Mickey was fab for character interaction we met 11 characters there I would suggest that you don't go too late though probs 6.30 till 7.00pm is best as it gets packed and plus after a long day you don't want the kids to be too tired to enjoy the experience
What I didn't plan for though was the kids were soooo tired on the second day they didn't want to get up for early breakfast so it was quite a job to be ready in time for the 7.00am breakfast I choose!!
It does take it out them them all the excitment
Have a great time
Trilli-magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
gorgeousmum
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone...

Dear all

Thanks for the valuable info and advice.. Have a few more questions... As we will be staying at DLH, Im just wondering if we can request a room with a park view or are these for Castle Club only? Any chance of requesting for a late check out? With 2 toddlers in tow and they need their afternoon naps any suggestions where we can go for some downtime if we have to check out at 11am..

We plan to eat at restaurant des stars for lunch on our last day.. We plan to catch a quick bite before boarding the train back to London. at 7pm. Any suggestions? What time should we be heading to the train station for our journey back to London?

Eurostar question.. Are there any interesting sights my DDs will be able to see on their 1st train ride to Disneyland Paris?

Thanks again everyone.. We are so excited.. Can't wait..
gorgeousmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: