Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #46
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalana View Post
Great TR!!! I haven't been able to read it all yet, but I'll have to go back and do so. I love the big pink sucker your littlest one had! And the picture of the three of them in fron of the castle is priceless.

Just a quick question: what housenumber did you have? Your villa looks awefully familiar.

Looking at GKTW pictures makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Wish we could go back.

Thanks so much, nothing better than a huge lollypop!

We were in #105, the third house to the right of entrance. i would think that they all looked alike?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #47
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

s

Last edited by sammie girl; 04-27-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: kna
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #48
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Also did I didn't mention this week has been extremely hard on my daughter because she has had to miss 3 out of 5 days of school due to her BG being so high while at school and not coming down even with corrections. When I get her home they seem to come down and do pretty good. I think there is something going on stressful at school that is making her BG's skyrocket. The teacher hasn't noticed anything that would be stressful for her as her grades are wonderful. I am thinking it may be the same girl that is bullying her but I haven't been able to get anything out of my daughter.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #49
merneric
Mouseketeer

Hi Becky,
I think it is La Vista that is getting the ball field...not sure to be honest. We are a military family and not from Nebraska, so we don't have the football/baseball genes like many Nebraskans! We are from Kentucky originally and don't have basketball genes either...never really our thing...
We did meet with our wish granters--Pam and Lori. Very sweet ladies.
We are all so excited about the trip. Sam keeps asking how many more days..when I tell him, he says, that is too many!
Take care,
Mary Anne
Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #50
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

I just stumbled on your TR! We are in Lincoln and my son Nick went on his MAW trip in Jan. I loved looking at your pics, they brought back so many memories.

Wife to one amazing guy Jeff
Mom to three wonderful kids..
Kayla, Noah and my wish child Nicholas .

Nick's pre-trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post28150528
Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #51
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

Oh.. I was going to ask if your wish granters are out of Omaha or Lincoln?

Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #52
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2lilnick View Post
Oh.. I was going to ask if your wish granters are out of Omaha or Lincoln?
Omaha. We technically live in Omaha now, since they annexed us 2 years ago.... But I still say I live in Elkhorn.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #53
mom2lilnick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySob View Post
Omaha. We technically live in Omaha now, since they annexed us 2 years ago.... But I still say I live in Elkhorn.
I still call it Elkhorn too. We eat at the Sam and Louie's there most times that we have to take Nick up to the immunologist. We have a couple of them here but we like the one there better.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #54
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Hi I have started a pre-trip thread. We also got everything figured out for the GKTW. We have changed our dates. We are going June 18-24. Thanks for listening to me and understanding. Just so you know it was GKTW who told me we were approved to stay there as our volunteer still hasn't called us back. I guess they are swamped with requests right now.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #55
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

http://www.********************/timer...k164cvqjga.png
Old 04-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #56
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
The link isn't working for me! boo hoo If you go to the Wish Trippers Unite, on the first or second post, there are instructions on how to start a trip thread! I will be on the look out!

I am so glad that you've changed the dates. I was worried that you wouldn't look into it. Too bad that you haven't been able to be on the same page as your Dream Factory respresentaive! Bummer. But even still, I am so happy for you, and you will enjoy GKTW way better than a hotel room!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #57
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

I think my daughter will love GKTW. I really shouldn't have showed her anything until it was all confirmed. I just thought they told us we were staying there and it was a go. I didn't realize they hadn't booked anything yet.

We are coming to Omaha on May 16th and 17th. My neice is graduating and then coming to live here for awhile. My kids absolutely love her and my daughter really wants her to go with us to disney. We are going to save our money to go back next year, to that mermaid beach, so my neice will go with us then.

I loved reading your report and thank you again for listening through my drama.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think my daughter will love GKTW. I really shouldn't have showed her anything until it was all confirmed. I just thought they told us we were staying there and it was a go. I didn't realize they hadn't booked anything yet.

We are coming to Omaha on May 16th and 17th. My neice is graduating and then coming to live here for awhile. My kids absolutely love her and my daughter really wants her to go with us to disney. We are going to save our money to go back next year, to that mermaid beach, so my neice will go with us then.

I loved reading your report and thank you again for listening through my drama.
No way! Where is your neice graduating from? Perhaps we could meet up?

I did the same thing as you. I was showing Piper all the things at GKTW. So you shouldn't be blaming yourself. NOT AT ALL!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #59
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

She is graduating from Boy's Town. She really wasn't a bad kid she just acted out because her ex-step-mom was very mean to her. She is staying the summer with us and then going to school for nursing.

I would love to meet up, my daughter reads these reports along with me and is so excited to get to know others who also have disabilities. I think it makes her feel less alone.

We actually go to Omaha about every other month. We are hoping to make it to the zoo before it gets to hot. My daughter won 4 tickets at a school carnival. We could also meet up and do the zoo if that is something you are interested in.

The pass around the world that people talk about, what is on it in the Omaha/Lincoln/K.C. area?

Thanks for making me feel better about showing Lexi things. I think I am more excited for her than she is. LOL O-Well I guess that is part of being a mom.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #60
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She is graduating from Boy's Town. She really wasn't a bad kid she just acted out because her ex-step-mom was very mean to her. She is staying the summer with us and then going to school for nursing.

I would love to meet up, my daughter reads these reports along with me and is so excited to get to know others who also have disabilities. I think it makes her feel less alone.

We actually go to Omaha about every other month. We are hoping to make it to the zoo before it gets to hot. My daughter won 4 tickets at a school carnival. We could also meet up and do the zoo if that is something you are interested in.

The pass around the world that people talk about, what is on it in the Omaha/Lincoln/K.C. area?

Thanks for making me feel better about showing Lexi things. I think I am more excited for her than she is. LOL O-Well I guess that is part of being a mom.

Oh yes, BoysTown! Not too far from where I live. I'm about 10 minutes, if that, from there. Sure, let me know when you're in town. We have a zoo pass, so we frequent there when the weather is nice.

As far as the World Passport, Omaha. Whatever it was, it wasn't appealing to us, ha ha. Maybe because we live here? I'll have to check. I've got all the MAW trip stuff put away. That's one thing that I've gotten done!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: