Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #31
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Magin Kingdom Continued......

ok, so I've got a picture of the Wish Lounge in Magic Kingdom. My kids really liked this one for the fact that the drawers were filled with games, toys, etc. I personally liked the complimentary bottled water and boxed juice!

Ok, we're off to eat lunch because we're tired of the rain. We're hungry and grumpy. We decided to go to the Crystal Palace, as we were unable to eat at the castle. boohoo, it's ok, I think it's a lil pricey anyways. Piper isn't a HUGE fan of Cinderella anyhow. Crystal Palace has Tigger and Pooh and friends that make their rounds here. Sophia LOVED it! Sadly, Danny, after like his 3rd bite, choked on his food, as it went down the wrong pipe and coughed and coughed and finally just threw up on the floor next to him. I felt so bad for him, as I know he was hungry. I think that all our appetites were ruined at that time. Their food was good, as far as I know. Danny was ok, once he was done throwing up. It felt like forever before someone finally came and cleaned it up. We tried to clean it up with cloth napkins. Um, that doesn't work too well.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #32
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

The pictures are great. I really like the one with the kids with Stitch. I like reading the story as much as I like the pictures. So, keep the story going! You are doing a great job!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #33
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom......more......

Ok, we've accomplished everything that we wanted to here and decided to go to Animal Kingdom before they close and then we could bus back to MK since they were open late. At least we didn't have to worry about being dropped off in no mans land.

i didn't take any pics here? i don't know why. I think that I was just drained at this time. We loved the Bugs Life show! It was alot like the the Shrek 4-d, so we sort of knew what to expect, just didn't know when! The kids loved the Mt. Everest!!! We are cold, tired and finally spent some money on sweatshirt jackets and smoothies and danishes. YUM. Oh and an espresso for me! Finally found the RainForest Cafe. Didn't realize that it was right at the beginning. If we had known that, we would have eaten there as well, but we were just too tired. We wanted to hit the downtown Disney before we left to do some serious shopping, but Piper really wanted to go back to MK, even though she was clearly miserable. We made it back in time for the fireworks show. AWESOME!!! That's a don't miss. We didn't get to see Tinkerbell start it off, as it was too windy. Bummer. We did finally eat at Caseys...something, i don't remember. Hotdogs and crackerjacks. Sophia was OUT, and didn't eat, Piper didn't feel good, so hardly ate anything. We went our final shopping chance at the Disney store there and had to force the kids to pick out something. Piper wanted nothing as she was miserable, so I had to choose stuff for her. The kids had gift cards to use there, and it was our last chance. I had to offer Danny cash for his, as there was nothing that he wanted. I wanted plenty of things, I had no problem spending!

We got to see the parade that night, and that's a don't miss as well, They way it's all lit up, is incredible!

Ok, so I did get a picture of the tree at Animal Kingdom. And I forgot about the parade during the day. The guy on stilts was awesome as he knelt down and shook Pipers hand!

Thats it for photos. I'm sad to end it here.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #34
maroo
DIS Veteran

That picture of you on the Tea Cups...wow. THAT is why I can't ride those tea cups!!!! Makes me queasy just looking at the picture of you spinning!

So...how bad was the weather? While you were there the boards here were freaking because there were tornado warnings specifically saying that Disney World was in the path of the storm, etc. Were you aware of the bad weather? Of did Disney just keep on hopping despite the bad weather?

So you guys got to eat at Crystal Palace without a ressie? That is some magic right there! I am particularly worried about getting a ressie there for my Sept trip! That is fantastic! Looks like you certainly made good use of that time by going inside to eat and enjoy the characters!

Animal Kingdom looks like fun, too! How cool that the stilts man shook Piper's hand! Do you think they can see her button from that far away? Or do the CM's alert the characters? I have always wondered that!

And the Spectro Parade!!! I am so glad you guys got to see that!!! It is my favorite! We got to see that in the rain, too...or was it still raining for you guys at that point?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #35
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

OOOO....teacups! You are either very brave or very crazy! It doesn't look like anyone is turning green, but you never know.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #36
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

the end....

Ya know, I don't believe that there ever was a "tornado" anywhere within close proximity. But it sure was windy and cold. I knew there was a tornado "watch" in effect until 2. As we didn't have access to the weather during our time at the park. There was wind damage in another town, I believe it started with a P??? Funny thing is, they said a high of 83, I just didn't realize that it would be 83 in the morning and then drop down to the 60's. At least it felt like 60's compared to the previous beautiful days before.

As I've said before....and I've seen others say it. Take your time, realize that you won't be able to do EVERYTHING. I feel like we missed out on alot by trying to hit the "spots" that the kids had picked out. We probably passed up so many good things. I just thought to myself, we'll never be back here, so lets see it all.... I wish that we had gone to more shows. I wish the first aids weren't so far away. I wish Sophia was 10 pounds and not 38. I wish that Piper wasn't sick. I wish that we did more shopping ahead of time rather than wait till the last day and feel rushed to find things to buy. The kids were given gift cards from MAW. We were told each was $50. Well, not so. They ended up being $150 each. You have any idea how hard it is to spend $150, or I should say $450, in one day at one park when the weather is crappy? We did all manage to each get a sweatshirt jacket, so that's nice.

One good thing, we had brought about $600 of our own money to spend if needed, and pretty much came back with it. Good thing, because our dryer broke yesterday. It tumbles, but no heat. i had to hang the clothes on hangers out on the plant hangers, hoping a bird doesn't go by and poop on em. ha ha Which brings me to this.....how does one dry their clothes on a clothesline? There are birds everywhere!

All of you that have come by and read my story and looked at my pics, thank you, and hope you enjoyed. I'm done here and will now follow other stories, as now I know how to "subscribe"! Thanks for the info. Any questions tho, I'll answer if I know it.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #37
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Becky,

You did a great job on the trip report. I loved the photos and the stories. I can't believe how much you guys fit into the last day. We always end up doing the same thing with shopping and then we think we should have started sooner. Thank you for sharing Piper's Wish with us!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #38
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the story. It is so nice getting on here and reading other reports to know what to do and what to avoid. I think when we go in June it will be so hot all of our pics will probably be me with a red face and not from the sun. My littlest one wants me to carry him everywhere also and he weighs 43 pounds. UGGGG!!!!! He won't let his dad carry him it has to be me. Well hopefully he will decide to ride in the stroller for part of the way at least.

Do they put diet soda in the fridge as well? My daughter can't have any sugar liquid at all. I would rather not have to make a trip to Wal-Mart while we are there. I hate that store on grocery day and would rather pass it up on vacation.

My daughter loves the pic of Snow White. Where did you meet her in MK? That is a must for us as that is her fav princess. Maybe they will include that in part of her wish!?!

We meet with our wish volunteer tomorrow so we will see more what to expect.

Thank you for the story. I loved the pics and also the report!!!! Good Job!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #39
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySob View Post
One good thing, we had brought about $600 of our own money to spend if needed, and pretty much came back with it. Good thing, because our dryer broke yesterday. It tumbles, but no heat. i had to hang the clothes on hangers out on the plant hangers, hoping a bird doesn't go by and poop on em. ha ha Which brings me to this.....how does one dry their clothes on a clothesline? There are birds everywhere!
This might be a little OT but don't go out and buy a new dryer just yet. It is probably just the heating coil or a thermostat.

Here is a video of what to check first before you plan on trashing your dryer. A new heating coil usually costs around $50 If you have any questions let me know I'll try to help you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rebeCMVsk

Tim
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #40
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
Thanks for the story. It is so nice getting on here and reading other reports to know what to do and what to avoid. I think when we go in June it will be so hot all of our pics will probably be me with a red face and not from the sun. My littlest one wants me to carry him everywhere also and he weighs 43 pounds. UGGGG!!!!! He won't let his dad carry him it has to be me. Well hopefully he will decide to ride in the stroller for part of the way at least.

Do they put diet soda in the fridge as well? My daughter can't have any sugar liquid at all. I would rather not have to make a trip to Wal-Mart while we are there. I hate that store on grocery day and would rather pass it up on vacation.

My daughter loves the pic of Snow White. Where did you meet her in MK? That is a must for us as that is her fav princess. Maybe they will include that in part of her wish!?!

We meet with our wish volunteer tomorrow so we will see more what to expect.

Thank you for the story. I loved the pics and also the report!!!! Good Job!
I will be short and quick with answers:

As far as diet sodas in the lounge....i don't recall any pop at all. It was just water and juice boxes.

Snow White was found near the entrance to the right, by where Pinnochio was, who was hard to see as he is a shorty. We got there at opening, so get there early! She was kind of hidden in a hallway at the large building at the right. Not sure what the building was?

Me too, Sophia only wanted me to carry her! One good thing came out of carrying her all that time. I've bot muscles double the size, I swear!

Oh, there is diet soda in the fridgerator at the villa, along with regular pop, a quart of milk, and bottled water, and a package of do-nuts.

The Wal-mart down the street was a joke, but still glad it was there. Better than driving all over town for a last minute need. I hate Wal-mart anyways, never shop there here in my own town. It's a dump. People, for some reason, are so disrespectful in that store. It might have something to do with myself working retail for 20 years. But, yes, the walmart down the road from the village is dumpy.

As far as getting pics of you.....red face or not, at least you plan on having some. I am the picture taker, so there never are really any pictures of me. Thats ok, because everyday was a BAD hair day for me.

Can't wait to hear about your MAW meeting tomorrow! Be ready, for MAW is very generous! Fill us in!!!! We, or I love details!

Where is your pre-trip report? Do you have one?

Last edited by BeckySob; 04-23-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: forgot to question......
Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #41
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
This might be a little OT but don't go out and buy a new dryer just yet. It is probably just the heating coil or a thermostat.

Here is a video of what to check first before you plan on trashing your dryer. A new heating coil usually costs around $50 If you have any questions let me know I'll try to help you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rebeCMVsk

Tim
Omigosh, thank you so much! I'm not ready to toss out the dryer just yet. I shouldn't be, as it's only 6 years old!!! I was thinking it had to be something with the heating element. It tumbles like a champ! Luckily, it's a beautiful day today, so I've got some shirts smelling nice from outside. And bird-poop free! BONUS!

Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #42
merneric
Mouseketeer

Becky,
I loved seeing all of the pictures from your trip. We are going to WDW in June. It is good to read all of these tips...I really need to start writing them down, I keep thinking I will remember them I think there are too many!
We live just down the road from you, in La Vista, NE. When you talked about the Nebraska wind, I knew exactly what you were talking about!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #43
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

I don't have a pre-trip report because I don't know how to start one. I really am computer dumb O-Well.

We met with the Dream Factory today and got informed we won't be staying at GKTW they are all booked up. Big time bummer for not only my daughter but my whole family. Don't get me wrong I am totally grateful for the trip and all but was really looking forward to having some more room etc. O-Well I guess we will be staying at the parks mostly 'cause who wants to be cramped in a small room for to long? We will get 300 dollars a piece for spending etc. That is also to include food, gas, gifts and etc. Glad to hear you didn't spend to much on things because I think ours will mostly go to food as we won't be staying at GKTW.

My daughter also is getting to eat a lunch with Snow White. She is so psyched. Now I don't have to try to hunt her down in the park. My son also wants a dinner meeting with goofy or stitch. Do you know how much those cost. My husband is kinda freakin out and has signed up for crazy amounts of overtime, just in case.

Do you know of anyone who has stayed in a hotel of property? I hope they have a fridge for Lexi's insulin. O.K., maybe I am getting to freaked also on worrying about everything.

I think they have changed the dates on us again. This makes 3 times and still no GKTW. Sorry if I sound ungrateful because really I am thankful and couldn't do this for my daughter right now without their help. I shouln't have looked at all of this cool stuff on here and read how wonderful GKTW is until after my meeting because now I am feeling a little let down.

I am sure we will still have a blast and am glad to hear that your ocean day went so well because before today we were going to skip the ocean but since we will be paying for meals out anyway I think we are going to make a day of the ocean. Do you think my 4 year old is to young to go? My husband had a twin brother who drowned in a lake when they were 14 so he is very paranoid about the water. Any pointers on it? Will floaties or something similar work if we stay in the shallow water?

Sorry this has been so long and hopefully I will have better news when I report back.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #44
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
I don't have a pre-trip report because I don't know how to start one. I really am computer dumb O-Well.

We met with the Dream Factory today and got informed we won't be staying at GKTW they are all booked up. Big time bummer for not only my daughter but my whole family. Don't get me wrong I am totally grateful for the trip and all but was really looking forward to having some more room etc. O-Well I guess we will be staying at the parks mostly 'cause who wants to be cramped in a small room for to long? We will get 300 dollars a piece for spending etc. That is also to include food, gas, gifts and etc. Glad to hear you didn't spend to much on things because I think ours will mostly go to food as we won't be staying at GKTW.

My daughter also is getting to eat a lunch with Snow White. She is so psyched. Now I don't have to try to hunt her down in the park. My son also wants a dinner meeting with goofy or stitch. Do you know how much those cost. My husband is kinda freakin out and has signed up for crazy amounts of overtime, just in case.

Do you know of anyone who has stayed in a hotel of property? I hope they have a fridge for Lexi's insulin. O.K., maybe I am getting to freaked also on worrying about everything.

I think they have changed the dates on us again. This makes 3 times and still no GKTW. Sorry if I sound ungrateful because really I am thankful and couldn't do this for my daughter right now without their help. I shouln't have looked at all of this cool stuff on here and read how wonderful GKTW is until after my meeting because now I am feeling a little let down.

I am sure we will still have a blast and am glad to hear that your ocean day went so well because before today we were going to skip the ocean but since we will be paying for meals out anyway I think we are going to make a day of the ocean. Do you think my 4 year old is to young to go? My husband had a twin brother who drowned in a lake when they were 14 so he is very paranoid about the water. Any pointers on it? Will floaties or something similar work if we stay in the shallow water?

Sorry this has been so long and hopefully I will have better news when I report back.
I am so sorry you feel let down. I totally understand how you're feeling, really i do. Can you change the date for your liking? Even if it means waiting longer? That really stinks. Is the wish people covering the cost of the luncheon, or does that come out of the $300? What about car rental, is that covered? I am going to PM you later today, as I need more time to think about what you're going through and want to say the right thing. Ok?

Ocean question.....my youngest is 2 and was more interested in making holes in the sand. The water was very cold, so that's good. She didn't want any part of that. Either my husband or I watched the lil one, while the other watched the other 2 frolicking in the ocean getting farther and farther away..... I don't know about floaties, but maybe them board thingys? You really can't "swim" in the ocean per se, but just stand and jump over the currents. I wouldn't let my kids even attempt to "swim" as the current is so strong, and it was very windy which made for higher tides. So I wouldn't recommend "swimming" no matter the age. I don't recall where you are from as I have a horrible memory, so not sure if you've ever been to an ocean, or live by one?
If you do go to the beach, I hear the water is so much prettier on the west coast. Clear water! We were too lazy to deal with directions and wanted the easiest route. Now we wish we would have gone to the gulf. If the kids were more enthused about it, we may have done so.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
Khalana
Mouseketeer

Great TR!!! I haven't been able to read it all yet, but I'll have to go back and do so. I love the big pink sucker your littlest one had! And the picture of the three of them in fron of the castle is priceless.

Just a quick question: what housenumber did you have? Your villa looks awefully familiar.

Looking at GKTW pictures makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Wish we could go back.

A link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27875290

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: