Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Sunday at Universal/IOA

Sunday
Universal/IOA


Ok. So Universal/IOA is by far the best parks in our book. We had the most fun there. Sophia got to see Barney AGAIN!! We totally loved the Bart Simpson ride and Superman! It's amazing how a ride, really isn't a "ride". It's just a huge screen. Talk about special effects! We have never experienced anything like it. We finally spent some money today! Yay. I had to tell the kids......"Don't be afraid to ask for something!!!!" We love the Hard Rock Cafe store! They give GKTW visitors 50% off pretty much EVERYTHING except for celebrity mdse. We bought everyone a shirt from there, and Piper got to pick out a Hard Rock pin from the display box. It's a very cool looking pin. I wish I had taken a picture of it for you to see. It's a butterfly like guitar with the year on it. Really pretty! Be sure to stop there. I wish I had gotten the guys name, because he was so nice. We also had dinner there! We ate at Margaritaville. Food was pretty good, and so were the drinks.
























Went back to the villa, and called it a night. Tomorrow, or I mean the next day, Monday we went to Melbourne Beach because it was the easiest to get to! May not have been as pretty as the beaches on the west side, but hey, an ocean is an ocean. I pretty much had to drag everybody there. Noone wanted to go except for me. But I tell you.....once we got there, nooone wanted to leave. Ha! That just goes to show, that mothers are always RIGHT!

Hope you're still enjoying my story.....
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,772

Just checking in....

Your pictures are great! It looks like everyone was having a great time. That picture you took of all the 'stars' is amazing. There are so many of them. I'll be looking forward to more!!!

Tim
that's nice is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
CherylA
DIS Veteran
 
CherylA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: CT
Posts: 2,055

I'm enjoying your report. Wonderful pictures! I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
__________________
CherylA is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
tbelfonti
Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 422

GREAT pics! Your family is gorgeous!
__________________

Tricia & Arnie
Maddie Rose, born 7/29/00 & Olivia Ann, born 7/19/04


04/27/09 GKTW: Make A Wish trip
Our Wish Trip Report





tbelfonti is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #20
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Great job!!

Thank you so much for telling us all about it!

What is the red thing they are on? The three of them? Looks like some sort of roller coaster?

I have heard several MAW families say that Universal treated them quite nicely! Glad to know you guys had a good time!!

Can't wait to hear about Monday.
maroo is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #21
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Great job!!

Thank you so much for telling us all about it!

What is the red thing they are on? The three of them? Looks like some sort of roller coaster?

I have heard several MAW families say that Universal treated them quite nicely! Glad to know you guys had a good time!!

Can't wait to hear about Monday.


The "red thing" is a ride at Sea World that is in the lil kiddy section of the park.

Yes, Universal and Islands of Adventure was awesome to us. Way better than Disney was, sadly. They actually call another "employee" and they escort us through the exit and BAM, you're at the top. Disney, on the other hand, just pointed to the fast pass lane usually.
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbelfonti View Post
GREAT pics! Your family is gorgeous!
Thanks! We think our kids are gorgeous too.
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
sammie girl
Mouseketeer
 
sammie girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: missouri
Posts: 234

Hi I love your report so far. I am new to this so hope this goes through.

I actually grew up in Ashland, Ne. Not to far from where you are.

We are leaving for our trip on June 15th to GKTW. We are going through the Dream Factory. I can't wait. I am getting so excited to have my daughter treated like a princess. All of these kids are so deserving and it is great that the siblings get to experience it also.

Can't wait to hear how the rest went.
sammie girl is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #24
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Monday at Melbourne Beach

Ok, so it's Monday and I am so excited to go see the ocean!!! I am the only one excited. My kids were really bummed. Well, TOO BAD, I say, we're going to the ocean!

We decided to go to Melbourne as it seemed to be the easiest one to get to. Just take 192E and bam, you're there! No turns or nothing! It was a pretty busy beach too. The weather couldn't be better, except for the wind. I hate wind. I live in Nebraska.....I don't need more wind. By the way, it was a little over an hour to get there....

Since our kids didn't really want to go, we didn't plan for staying. My husband and I didn't wear our swimming suits, but the kids did, just because we knew they would be messin around in the water. We had to pay for parking in a meter and put just enough in there to give us an hour and a half. Which was ok, because even though we put sunblock on, we all still managed to get a lil burned. Long story short......we had to drag the kids away. They enjoyed it so much. We brought home tons of sea shells, nothing fancy, but hey, they're seashells! Why can't they just listen to me!!! So anyways, we headed out and decided that we would hang out at GKTW that evening for the activities going on in the Safari theater. Bad me, didn't bring my camera for that, didn't think that I was going to need it. I thought it was a show, but it ended up being an interactive one and Piper actually participated in!! I can't think of what it was called, something about DARE? Piper competed in a pie eating contest, only it wasn't a pie, but a plate of whip cream. What'da know, EVERYONE won, and they all got to choose who to pie in the face! I was seriously ducking in my chair. Luckily she picked her brother! Sure wish I had my camera for that moment!
Here are pictures of the ocean.......











Oh we also checked out the Matthews Boundless playground this day and also had Mayor Clayton tuck the kids in. HILARIOUS!! The Mayor had my kids laughing hysterically. I am so glad that I did that. I highly recommend the Mayor tuck in! My son who is almost 14 was so embarrased, but I know he totally loved it!








By this day, Piper was dealing with a sore throat, which I was having to give her tylenol every four hours. She was beginning to be miserable. So Tuesday, our last day, she was miserable with sore throat and the beginning of an ear ache.
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #25
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie girl View Post
Hi I love your report so far. I am new to this so hope this goes through.

I actually grew up in Ashland, Ne. Not to far from where you are.

We are leaving for our trip on June 15th to GKTW. We are going through the Dream Factory. I can't wait. I am getting so excited to have my daughter treated like a princess. All of these kids are so deserving and it is great that the siblings get to experience it also.

Can't wait to hear how the rest went.
Ah yes, Ashland. Been there a couple of times for baseball tournaments. It's a little drive from here.
I am so happy to hear that your daughter gets her wish! You guys will have so much fun. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, as it's still fresh in my mind since we just got back last week!
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
kdzbear
DIS Veteran
 
kdzbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: KS
Posts: 1,321

I love the beach photos. I am so glad they enjoyed the beach so much. The tuck-in also looked like fun. It sounds as if you all had a fabulous trip!
__________________
Me DH DD13 DS8 DD6

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #27
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

weather in Orlando

Why did I worry about having hair dryers in the room? The humidity down there was awful! I am unlucky as it is, as I have the finest straight hair in the world. When I say finest, I don't mean the "finest" I mean the THINNEST. I think that I had a bad hair day, EVERY day there. So for those of you heading down......give up on the hair. Don't even bother!

Monday night, we packed most stuff as we knew we wouldn't have time to pack Tuesday and we had to be at airport by 9am on Wednesday. We had 3 extra bags. That's right, you will get LOTS of stuff from GKTW, so beware. I really would have preferred leaving most of it there, as we didn't need most of it?? I didn't want to leave it there as it would have seemed un-appreciated, as we did appreciate it. I have decided to donate some of the things to the Childrens Hospital here in Omaha, NE. Anyways, prepare for extra baggage, which they do give you a very large duffel bag. Those people are truly amazing. I am thinking about what I can make for kids for them to give away...has anyone done something like that?

Also, for those who have been there before April 12, they started a new meal program. We were given tickets to present when getting lunch or dinner. Apparently, I'm guessing, there were some people there who were abusing the privilege. So if you ate there for lunch, or dinner, you had to present a ticket with that date on it. I would imagine there were some people that just hung out and ate Rotisserie chicken all day?? We only had dinner there on the first night we were there, and had lunch there once. Which by the way, Katies Kitchen was very tasty! I loved the mac n cheese. Oh and we ordered pizza one night.

Also while we were there, the train/tram was broken down. So we had to walk everywhere. We stayed in villa 105 which was at the very beginning, and the playground was clear on the other side!! And they asked that you not use your car in the village unless you're entering or exiting.

It was very nice to have the washer/dryer in the room. Turns out, we didn't need to pack so many clothes, which we packed 4-5 outfits. We did laundry almost nightly. So I would suggest packing lighter. Maybe 2-3 outfits? Nobody cares if you wore the same outfit 2 days before! You'll need to wash your towels anyways, as they do not deliver more for you.

What else.......while it's fresh in my mind.....
__________________
BeckySob is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Oh, I just love your beach pics!! I am so glad your family enjoyed your time at the beach!!

I love that playground!!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySob View Post
Why did I worry about having hair dryers in the room? The humidity down there was awful! I am unlucky as it is, as I have the finest straight hair in the world. When I say finest, I don't mean the "finest" I mean the THINNEST. I think that I had a bad hair day, EVERY day there. So for those of you heading down......give up on the hair. Don't even bother!

Monday night, we packed most stuff as we knew we wouldn't have time to pack Tuesday and we had to be at airport by 9am on Wednesday. We had 3 extra bags. That's right, you will get LOTS of stuff from GKTW, so beware. I really would have preferred leaving most of it there, as we didn't need most of it?? I didn't want to leave it there as it would have seemed un-appreciated, as we did appreciate it. I have decided to donate some of the things to the Childrens Hospital here in Omaha, NE. Anyways, prepare for extra baggage, which they do give you a very large duffel bag. Those people are truly amazing. I am thinking about what I can make for kids for them to give away...has anyone done something like that?

Also, for those who have been there before April 12, they started a new meal program. We were given tickets to present when getting lunch or dinner. Apparently, I'm guessing, there were some people there who were abusing the privilege. So if you ate there for lunch, or dinner, you had to present a ticket with that date on it. I would imagine there were some people that just hung out and ate Rotisserie chicken all day?? We only had dinner there on the first night we were there, and had lunch there once. Which by the way, Katies Kitchen was very tasty! I loved the mac n cheese. Oh and we ordered pizza one night.

Also while we were there, the train/tram was broken down. So we had to walk everywhere. We stayed in villa 105 which was at the very beginning, and the playground was clear on the other side!! And they asked that you not use your car in the village unless you're entering or exiting.

It was very nice to have the washer/dryer in the room. Turns out, we didn't need to pack so many clothes, which we packed 4-5 outfits. We did laundry almost nightly. So I would suggest packing lighter. Maybe 2-3 outfits? Nobody cares if you wore the same outfit 2 days before! You'll need to wash your towels anyways, as they do not deliver more for you.

What else.......while it's fresh in my mind.....
Oh gosh...Don't tell Lauren not to worry about her hair! That wasn't going to happen. I am planning a trip back with some friends in December and they actually have a rule...no hair and makeup when going to a Disney park. They also think...why bother! I think it is hilarious!

We did give away some things to the Children's Hospital here. But lots of the stuff we kept for presents, etc for kids. GKTW does a WONDERFUL job giving each family lots of gifts that cross the age range...so your younger children and older kids will have something they enjoy in the "loot"...but your family won't use everything because they give each family the same goodie bag and some things won't be age appropriate. But giving some of it away to a Children's Hospital is a great idea!!

I think the tickets may be to help give them a head count...you can have as many "tickets" as you would like...from what I understand? Maybe someone going there in the next few weeks can elaborate... They even gave me tickets and I am just a returning family person.

I am so glad you guys had a good time...

But that is not all, is it? You still have to tell us about Tuesday!!

*cue scary music!* Bum Bum Da Dum!

Last edited by maroo; 04-22-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell!
maroo is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #29
WishMom09
Mouseketeer
 
WishMom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 499

Love the beach pics! Looks like your family had a blast! And the tuck in pics are too cute!!
I get more excited by the minute!!! 16 more days!!!
__________________
Tiffany , Tom , Emilee (18) , Caleb (14- Wish Kid) , Aubree (9)

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR, 2014 POR

WishMom09 is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #30
BeckySob
Mouseketeer
 
BeckySob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska
Posts: 124

Last day, Tuesday at Magic Kingdom

I'm going to post pics first, as I know that that is way more exciting than reading my jibber jabber:













Chip and Dale were by far the funniest! They are so silly!
This before it started raining! All the character photos were before it started raining.

Here is us on the tea cup ride with our lovely ponchos on. At least we were still able to smile and have fun but deep down, we are miserable!




__________________
BeckySob is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tyler's Wish Trip - Nov. 20-25, 2009 / Dream Factory kdzbear Completed Trip Reports 480 05-05-2010 06:21 AM
The Good, the Bad, and the "you've got to be kidding me!" Trip Report ClaraBug Completed Trip Reports 245 08-09-2009 08:21 PM
"Enchanted:” The E! True Disneyworld Trip Report of a Birthday Princess (UPDATE 4/26) Enchanted Completed Trip Reports 136 05-18-2009 04:24 PM
Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!) mommaU4 Disneyland Community Board 664 05-14-2009 06:02 PM
trying some new places this trip - what do you think? surfergirl602 Disney Restaurants 4 04-20-2009 05:52 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.