Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

A 2nd shot at a PTR report/trip report A May 2009 Disney Get-A-Way Leaving tomorrow!!

Hey everyone some of you might remember me from my pre trip report that was suppose to be a trip report but because of family issues and losing my SD cards with almost all my pictures I just refused to do a TR with out pictures . So I decided to take another shot and try again.

Let me introduce myself my name is Lucina I’m a 25 ½ yrs old married women to a wonderful man who was a correctional officer, but is now a police officer. No kids yet, but plan to in the next year or two. I’ve been to Disney many times thanks to living in Miami and its only 3 hours away. My last trip was in October when I went to HHN and MNSSHP, and I also went in July with DH family.

How this trip came about.

Well I was laid off from my job about a month ago and was really depressed about it because I really like working there. And my sis n law was also laid off too from her job too. So Monday while grocery shopping with sis I get a call from DH and he said that he was talking to Dsis n laws husband and they decided that we should take a girl only trip to Orlando. I thought it was one of his jokes cause he has a habit of doing that . So I just pause for a min and he’s like no I’m for real. My sis is looking at me like what did someone die what happened . All I can say is shut up your lying Dsis starts to cry and says “someone is dead” and my mouth stays open. Dsis at this point is saying “dear lord please give that family strength” I then look at her and just started laughing and she is like how can you laugh at a time like this. I was like how can you not laugh when we are going to Disney. She still has no idea what I’m talking about. I explained to her and we both started to dance in the middle of the store with ppl looking at us like we were crazy. Then reality hit how can we afford this we are both out of work and the only income coming in is our DH’s . We call our DH’s and they give us a budget and say this is what we have to work with. Which is fine with us but can only do maybe 5 days with that budget. So Dsis calls up two of our fiends and ask if they would like to come along so we can split the cost 4 ways instead of 2 ways. And they agreed but they could only go in May cause that’s when their vacations would kick in. And they also give us what their budget was and it worked for us it even saved our DH some money but don’t tell them we can use that money to shop before and during the trip, and we get to go for 7 days instead of 5 . We have all been to Disney but never all together so this should be fun . We might stay off site not sure yet the prices on-site for a villa is kind of pricey and we really want a villa to save money on food by cooking our own meals in the morning (we are big breakfast ppl) and will make ADR for dinner. The dates we have set is May 1st-May 8th. I need to make car rental reservations , get annual passes cause mines expired, get a villa, and the list goes on.

Let me introduce the cast:

Me: the planner and Disney freak

Jay Dsis n law: my side kick and my co planner

BeBe: Love her. She is the hyper one and doesn’t believe in sleeping more then 3 hours. Her saying is “I’ll sleep when I die”.

And Shine: She is the mellow one any thing we like and what to do she’s ok with.

So that’s the cast. I would love to hear any ideas anyone may have about staying at a villa or maybe doing a deluxe resort.

Last edited by DiamondDiva305; 05-06-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
stitcharoo
Disney Veteran

well, if you wanna stay in the park somewhere,,
i loveee fort wilderness!
it is so nice, and pretty!

also, i love your cast of characters.
they are all so different, it should be a pretty interesting trip.
:D
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Update

Hey everyone Merry Christmas, And Happy New Year I know I’m a little late but I've been really busy. Alot of things has happened since my last post. I got accepted to Nursing school (Florida International University) Go panthers . I also have been out of town almost every weekend visiting family and friends and my brother got married and I celebrated my 26th birthday on the 10th . I will post some pic from my B-day Celebration. The dates for our may trip has changed our new dates our April 23rd-April 27th it shorter then our May trip but had to change dates due to some of the ppl traveling will be graduating from school and we also have a wedding to go to also in May. And I can’t miss to much days from school so we had to settle for 5 days/ 4 nights. The good thing is we get to go sooner then we expected so that’s a plus. So far the hotel is booked we will be staying at the Buena Vista suite I got I good deal thru Dream unlimited Travels for $88 a night here are some pics of the hotel : http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resor...ites/index.htm . I got a good deal thru Alamo $80 total from Thursday- Monday . I still have to do my ADR’s, and I want to surprise the girls with some shirts anyone have any ideas???. Well I have to go study I got a test tomorrow but will try to post my birthday picks tonight.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitcharoo View Post
well, if you wanna stay in the park somewhere,,
i loveee fort wilderness!
it is so nice, and pretty!

also, i love your cast of characters.
they are all so different, it should be a pretty interesting trip.
:D
hey thanks for stopping by

Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Heyyy! Congrats on the trip and School! I'm so glad you all are going, AND that you're getting great deals on the room AND the car! Those prices would be affordable even if you were going solo.

I hope that the time will go by fast, so we can see your trip report. Hopefully this time you'll be able to post pics!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
Heyyy! Congrats on the trip and School! I'm so glad you all are going, AND that you're getting great deals on the room AND the car! Those prices would be affordable even if you were going solo.

I hope that the time will go by fast, so we can see your trip report. Hopefully this time you'll be able to post pics!

Hey girl!!!!!!!!!!!!. I will be doing a trip report when i get back from my trip

Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

More ppl???

So this morning a get a call from one of my friends and she said she heard i was going to orlando and she wants to go also and another friend of ours will be going to. So we went from 4 girls to 6 the more the better. They want to stay in a condo instead of a hotel so now im online searching for a 3 bedroom condo close to disney hopefully i get a good price . I'm currently downloading my birthday pic they should be up soon.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Just wanted to de-lurk myself. Good start so far! Congrats on getting accepted girl!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Just wanted to de-lurk myself. Good start so far! Congrats on getting accepted girl!

Thanks for stopping by.

I wish more ppl would join the fun I promise I dont bite. So come out come out where ever you are.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
tinkgurl

I forgot to say..I LOVE your pic in your aviatar (however you spell that ). I'm a big fan of the big sunglasses. I own like 5 pairs!

And if you're ever in the need of reading new TR's please head over to mine and my PTR for this year's trip.

Can't wait for a new update from you!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I forgot to say..I LOVE your pic in your aviatar (however you spell that ). I'm a big fan of the big sunglasses. I own like 5 pairs!

And if you're ever in the need of reading new TR's please head over to mine and my PTR for this year's trip.

Can't wait for a new update from you!
Thanks I love big glasses I will rack up on them for my april trip.

I'm two steps ahead of you I'm reading your TR now and im hooked

Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Hey!

Congratulations on getting into nursing school!! I have a lot of nurses in my family and I so admire what they do. It seems like such an interesting career... they love their jobs.

Your trip sounds like it will be so much fun... I would love to go to WDW with my friends but unfortunately I don't think I could get a single one to go with me. They all think I'm crazy for loving Disney as much as I do. Their loss!

Can't wait to hear about all your plans!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDiva305 View Post
I'm two steps ahead of you I'm reading your TR now and im hooked
Haha, awesome girl.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Hey!

Congratulations on getting into nursing school!! I have a lot of nurses in my family and I so admire what they do. It seems like such an interesting career... they love their jobs.

Your trip sounds like it will be so much fun... I would love to go to WDW with my friends but unfortunately I don't think I could get a single one to go with me. They all think I'm crazy for loving Disney as much as I do. Their loss!

Can't wait to hear about all your plans!

Thanks. I love taking care of people that why I really picked the field. I also have alot of nurses in my family my mom and a couple of aunts and cousin and they love their jobs too.

My friends think I love disney a little too much but since I put up with their key west and vegas trip they dont mind going to disney for me.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer

Birthday Pics

Here are some pics from my Birthday Dinner Party it was on Jan 10 at a restaurant/club called the Grass lounge. I had such a good time the pics will tell it all:
me and my cousin

me my cousin on left and sis on right

Me and DH

Me and my cousin cake

me and the girls(all of us going to Disney except one)

Last edited by DiamondDiva305; 02-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: