Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #91
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Hey
Sorry to hear that your wish granter is ermm..less than knowledgeable. Maybe the first morning you go to the park you could go to guest services and explain the situation? From reading some of the trip reports, stranger things have been made to happen
I will figure something out. I have reservations at the Polynesian for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast one morning. I also had them put that it was my son's Wish trip on all of our dining reservations. When we went in Sept. it printed my daughter's birthday and our anniversary on every reservation slip and not just the actual day that we were celebrating! Maybe some magic will happen at breakfast and at least this way it ensures he will see Stitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissid7 View Post
OMG you are so close now. I have loved reading your PTR and I also eally enjoyed the last one. Great Halloween pics! Your kids a re beautiful and I cant wait to hear the rest!

Im actually trying to get it together too so that i can get Alyssa to MVMCP, she desperatly wants to do it (we all do) but its not in the budget right now. I asked our coordinator if she had a connection that could maybe get them at a discounted rate but she had never even heard of MVMCP so no avail.
We are looking forward to the Osbourne family lights too! The video was incredible so I can only imagine!

Enjoy the rest of your planning. It looks great!
Thank you for all of the compliments. I showed all three kids the Osbourne light video and I am so happy it is starting on Nov. 10th this year! I am a stay at home mom and I do some mystery shopping on the side, but lately most of my shops have been paying in reimbursements rather than cash. I am up to about $115 saved so I only need $85 more. Hopefully, in the next two weeks I can make that up. I think the kids would love it! I did mention it to our Wish granted and that is how I got our airline times and she said that I could purchase the tickets now that I know the times. I am just happy that we are staying on property with free dining. If they do anything else, it will just be icing on the cake!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #92
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

More exciting news! I guess my husband thought we had park hoppers and I explained to him yesterday that they were single day tickets. Then he also wanted to know what I was saving for so I ended up telling him I really wanted to go to MVMCP and he said, "Ok. Order the tickets!" That was too easy! I am going to order them tomorrow! He has been to MNSSHP three times while the rest of us have only been twice. He went once on a business trip so he knows how special the parties are. He asked lots of questions about what you do and then agreed to it!!!!

Then I picked up the mail yesterday and our Magic Express tickets and bag tags were in the mail. It said that Disney did not have our flight information yet. I spent several hours on the phone last week trying to get a confirmation number so I could look up our flights online. Our Dream Volunteer had given me the airline name and the flight times only. Today when I called Delta the agent was so nice. When I looked online it appears that one of our flights had changed by one minute and it meant that most likely we would miss our connection. So she booked us on a flight that has about an hour between flights rather than 25 minutes. She also put a note on the changes that they were done due to Delta schedule changes so no one could try to charge us additional fees later. We will get to Orlando at 11:35 AM. She also gave me confirmation numbers for all of us! Also, both the baby and I were booked as infants on the original booking even though my birth date showed I was not so that was corrected in the system so we would not encounter any additional problems! After I hung up I realized that I probably just did the job of Dream Factory's travel coordinator, but I did not want any surprises when it came time to leave on our trip and all of the flights were full and we could not change. The problem has been averted and I have confirmation numbers for both the airlines and Disney now! Once I purchase our MVMCP tickets tomorrow it will feel even more real! I am so excited now!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #93
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
More exciting news! I guess my husband thought we had park hoppers and I explained to him yesterday that they were single day tickets. Then he also wanted to know what I was saving for so I ended up telling him I really wanted to go to MVMCP and he said, "Ok. Order the tickets!" That was too easy! I am going to order them tomorrow! He has been to MNSSHP three times while the rest of us have only been twice. He went once on a business trip so he knows how special the parties are. He asked lots of questions about what you do and then agreed to it!!!!

Then I picked up the mail yesterday and our Magic Express tickets and bag tags were in the mail. It said that Disney did not have our flight information yet. I spent several hours on the phone last week trying to get a confirmation number so I could look up our flights online. Our Dream Volunteer had given me the airline name and the flight times only. Today when I called Delta the agent was so nice. When I looked online it appears that one of our flights had changed by one minute and it meant that most likely we would miss our connection. So she booked us on a flight that has about an hour between flights rather than 25 minutes. She also put a note on the changes that they were done due to Delta schedule changes so no one could try to charge us additional fees later. We will get to Orlando at 11:35 AM. She also gave me confirmation numbers for all of us! Also, both the baby and I were booked as infants on the original booking even though my birth date showed I was not so that was corrected in the system so we would not encounter any additional problems! After I hung up I realized that I probably just did the job of Dream Factory's travel coordinator, but I did not want any surprises when it came time to leave on our trip and all of the flights were full and we could not change. The problem has been averted and I have confirmation numbers for both the airlines and Disney now! Once I purchase our MVMCP tickets tomorrow it will feel even more real! I am so excited now!
That is exciting! I bet you feel a lot better having the confirm. numbers, I know I would. Woohoo for MVMCP!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #94
misskate
Mouseketeer

Hey, sometimes it's best to take matters into your own hands! Now at least you have peace of mind knowing that the flight situation is entirely taken care of and everything is correct and ready to go. Good stuff!

Yay for MVMCP!! That's going to be a blast! Can't wait to hear the rest of the details along the way.

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #95
maroo
DIS Veteran

Don't feel bad (not that you are, but still) about taking things in your own hands.

It was me calling the actual airlines that alerted them all of the issues we were going to have trying to get Lauren to fly two legs of the Wish Flight. While the fanfare would have been great for her, they just could not accomodate her wheelchair and all of our plans were changed.

Sometimes they just don't know what questions to ask for your particular family situation. They assume that 25 min is plenty of time and don't consider what it takes to move a special needs child and an infant from one place to another.

So way to go!!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #96
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Happy Diaper Dance

I can't stop shaking and crying happy tears. Hayley is sleeping and Tyler just keeps hugging me. His new case manager is amazing! The funding for diapers changed. You can now apply as soon as your child is 4 and you do not have to wait for January. We applied about a month ago. The case manager called back and had many new questions for me. I gave her my husband's work number. I was not sure of exact expense amounts for some things. He has been approved for diapers and wipes through June 2010! I just have to send in my receipts and they will reimburse me! I just can't believe that he was actually approved for this! This funding will help our budget so much with having two in diapers! We just spent $80 for two huge boxes of diapers the other night at Sam's Club. Now that knowing half of that is reimbursed is wonderful! I know I am rambling, but I had to share this with a group that would understand!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #97
chrissid7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't stop shaking and crying happy tears. Hayley is sleeping and Tyler just keeps hugging me. His new case manager is amazing! The funding for diapers changed. You can now apply as soon as your child is 4 and you do not have to wait for January. We applied about a month ago. The case manager called back and had many new questions for me. I gave her my husband's work number. I was not sure of exact expense amounts for some things. He has been approved for diapers and wipes through June 2010! I just have to send in my receipts and they will reimburse me! I just can't believe that he was actually approved for this! This funding will help our budget so much with having two in diapers! We just spent $80 for two huge boxes of diapers the other night at Sam's Club. Now that knowing half of that is reimbursed is wonderful! I know I am rambling, but I had to share this with a group that would understand!
OMG thats amazing!!! I am soooo happy for you! I know how much every dime means when you have so many expenses. WTG and you deserve it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301152

Thanks pipersmom!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #98
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, that is GREAT news!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #99
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissid7 View Post
OMG thats amazing!!! I am soooo happy for you! I know how much every dime means when you have so many expenses. WTG and you deserve it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Oh, that is GREAT news!!!!
Thank you both! It is amazing news!

We are down to 30 days!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #100
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I have some more happy updates.

First we received our Disney Welcome packet today. There were 4 luggage tags. They are nice and thick with a picture of the castle and Mickey balloons! Then it came with paperwork for our stay. It has lots of the extras that I thought were exclusive to AAA. It has our ME transfers, 30 minute arcade voucher, miniature golf voucher, Planet Hollywood Merch. Voucher, Sea Raycer voucher, all of the meals included in our dining plan listed out and a pre-order card for Photopass. My husband and I are starting to discuss this now. It was so exciting!

Then I had Junior Girl Scouts from 3:20 pm – 5:00 pm today. We made ghost milk jug decorations for our upcoming Spooktacular. Then we did cooking experiments. We made cinnamon and sugar pita chips that we dipped in strawberry yogurt. We also made 3 minute chocolate microwave cakes. They fulfilled some of their badge requirements. They are so cute when they cook. Tyler and Hayley run around the meetings and “help” too. The only way I can be a leader is to bring them with me!

Then I was looking over Breanna’s homework tonight and she brought home a lunch calendar for November. Her school is out the entire week of Thanksgiving. There is a conference for the teachers on the first two days of the week and then everyone is off the last three days. It also says that there is no school on the 20th! I emailed her principal to verify this, but if this change is true, then she will not have to miss any school for Tyler’s trip!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #101
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I LOVE hearing happy updates!

I have to tell you...since we put our Brianna back in public school Oct 1, I can tell you every second she will be out of school for the next 2 years...how else can I plan our return trip to Disney? Their new schedule is the only thing I like about our public school. They get lots of breaks through out the year and only 6 weeks of summer break. (I've even given hubby some back up dates...like when they have a long weekend...I've almost got him convinced to get APs! LOL)

I'm really glad you get to take the other two to Brownies. When we first started we were told I could, but just before the cookie sale they told me we couldn't have any extra people there...for insurance purposes. Funny thing, we were meeting at my church building. With my DS handicaps it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a sitter for him on a regular basis.

Don't you just LOVE getting that Disney mail!!??!! It makes it all seem so real! I won't tell you how excited I got when I printed out our online check in confirmation! (the little things really make my heart go pitter patter when they are Disney related!!!)

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your trip report!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #102
maroo
DIS Veteran

I wanna buy some cookies!

(just pretend these are cookies)

YUM!

I was in the Cookie Brigade for years. I remember my Mom having TONS of boxes of cookies all over the floor in our playroom and sorting those things for a month!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #103
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I LOVE hearing happy updates!

I have to tell you...since we put our Brianna back in public school Oct 1, I can tell you every second she will be out of school for the next 2 years...how else can I plan our return trip to Disney? Their new schedule is the only thing I like about our public school. They get lots of breaks through out the year and only 6 weeks of summer break. (I've even given hubby some back up dates...like when they have a long weekend...I've almost got him convinced to get APs! LOL) I have her school calendar and her brother's since they are at different schools. However, it turns out it was a typo and she has school on the 20th. I guess she will need to miss another day!

I'm really glad you get to take the other two to Brownies. When we first started we were told I could, but just before the cookie sale they told me we couldn't have any extra people there...for insurance purposes. Funny thing, we were meeting at my church building. With my DS handicaps it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a sitter for him on a regular basis. I cannot find anyone to watch Tyler that is why the two little ones go with me. It is at our church/school and no one has ever said anything to me. I have all of the 4th and 5th graders this year and since it is just me and my "craft helper" I don't think anyone will complain as they don't want to take over or take the girls camping. My "craft helper" is really my assistant leader, but if you ask her, she says that she only does crafts. She does so much more!

Don't you just LOVE getting that Disney mail!!??!! It makes it all seem so real! I won't tell you how excited I got when I printed out our online check in confirmation! (the little things really make my heart go pitter patter when they are Disney related!!!) Disney Mail is the best. It was even in my husband's name and he gave it to me and let me open it since he knew how excited I was!

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your trip report! Thanks for joining us!

Nini
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I wanna buy some cookies!

(just pretend these are cookies)

YUM!

I was in the Cookie Brigade for years. I remember my Mom having TONS of boxes of cookies all over the floor in our playroom and sorting those things for a month!
Bre normally sells about 300-350 boxes of cookies each year. She and I go door to door to sell the things. My husband can take the list to work, but he is in small office so Bre really does most of the work. It seems like we have boxes and boxes until she gets them delivered. However, she knows that selling cookies sends her on summer activities and pays for her new uniform pieces. I don't think you can start teaching them to young how to earn things on their own. It will help her later in life! I do love eating them too!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #104
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bre normally sells about 300-350 boxes of cookies each year. She and I go door to door to sell the things. My husband can take the list to work, but he is in small office so Bre really does most of the work. It seems like we have boxes and boxes until she gets them delivered. However, she knows that selling cookies sends her on summer activities and pays for her new uniform pieces. I don't think you can start teaching them to young how to earn things on their own. It will help her later in life! I do love eating them too!
I wanna buy a case of cookies! Will she ship them to me? (I would pay for shipping)...
Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #105
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That just reminded me of our last cookie sale! DS (my special needs child) decided all the cookies were lonely...so he ate everyone he could! I ended up having to pay almost 200 out of pocket for the cookies he got before we noticed! (I think that was also about the time we found out he could not process sugar!!!)

Have fun!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: