Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #76
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I am so excited!

I have more exciting news. Our family has been chosen for the Big Give!

Positive Vibes for Tyler's Dream Trip:

By the middle of our September trip, Tyler was back to loving Stitch!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #77
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I have more exciting news. Our family has been chosen for the Big Give!

By the middle of our September trip, Tyler was back to loving Stitch!
Really? I had no idea!

I love the Stitch pictures! Stitch always cracks me up in the parks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #78
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Really? I had no idea!

I love the Stitch pictures! Stitch always cracks me up in the parks!
You can't tell, but in the middle picture Stitch and Tyler were holding hands and just jumping up and down. They were having so much fun doing this. We found him near the entrance to Epcot and I guess no one saw him there. A little further up closer to Spaceship Earth there was a huge line for Daisy Duck. Tyler just got to play with Stitch for about 5 minutes uninterrupted.

Heather Sue, I hope you and your family have a wonderful upcoming trip!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 09-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #79
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Oh the BIG GIVE!! How exciting!!! That was one of the highlights of our Wish Trip. It was an amazing time!! The gift were incredible!! I know that you will enjoy it!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #80
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hi there,

I saw one of your responses on another thread I was reading and noticed we will be in WDW around the same time so I just had to take a peek at your trippie. And now I am hooked! I can't wait to see how Tyler's trip goes. And I am thrilled that you were able to stay on Disney property. That just makes any trip more magical, IMO. I am actually a speech pathologist which also drew me into your trip report. Last year I worked at a "separate day school" (basically a school for children with specials needs that are too severe to be in a typical school) and many of the children on my caseload were nonverbal, very little verbal expression, wheelchair bound or receiving PT and OT. This year I was placed in an elementary school with more typical students, but I am also working in the school's 3 autistic classrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Friday - Garden Grill – Tyler wants to eat with Chip and Dale. We have never eaten here. I also thought it would be easy to get from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom for MVMCP. I do not have tickets yet, but I hope to purchase some soon. I am afraid to ask our Wish volunteer for the plane times. I have an idea, but not concrete times. At one point in the planning I was asked to book the tickets and then they would reimburse us, but the messages got crossed with us moving to the new home and then their travel planner returned from her vacation and took care of it.

Sat - Yak and Yeti at 4:30 – Tyler did not pick this one. I did, but I thought it would be fun for him to see the Animal Kingdom with no one in it after dinner so I purposely booked this time with the park closing at 5 pm.

Sunday - Lilo and Stitch Breakfast at the Polynesian – Tyler’s whole Wish is based around Stitch so he wants to eat breakfast with him!

Monday - DS Sci-Fi – Tyler saw the cars that you dine in and wanted to try this restaurant. My husband and I ate here about 11 years ago and we were not impressed, but things can change so we will give it a try for Tyler.

Tues. - Coral Reef – Tyler wants to eat with the fish. Our family does not eat fish so we will see what the menu of non-fish is like. Everyone has told me that you have to take Wish kids to this restaurant. We have never eaten here either.

Wed. - Crystal Palace – Now either this meal or one of the other less expensive meals will be an out of pocket meal since we only have 5 dining credits and six meals booked. This meal is at a time before the Magic Kingdom opens so Tyler can see the empty park on his last day of his trip. He also loves Tigger and sleeps with a giant Tigger in his bed along with an even bigger Pooh Bear.
Just wanted to post some thoughts on your restaurant choices (the ones I've been to anyway).
Garden Grill - definitely liked it. The character interaction was great, food was good and it was really neat to "spin around" the Land
Coral Reef - Haven't eaten here in a few years, but when I did it was really good. I had the blackened catfish (yum!), but they definitely have non-seafood dishes.
Poly b-fast - another fun breakfast and the food is good too. Plus I just love the Poly

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your planning adventures...plus how the actual trip turns out!

P.S. What is the "Big Give" (for those, like me, that aren't in the know)?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #81
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hi there,

I saw one of your responses on another thread I was reading and noticed we will be in WDW around the same time so I just had to take a peek at your trippie. And now I am hooked! I can't wait to see how Tyler's trip goes. And I am thrilled that you were able to stay on Disney property. That just makes any trip more magical, IMO. I am actually a speech pathologist which also drew me into your trip report. Last year I worked at a "separate day school" (basically a school for children with specials needs that are too severe to be in a typical school) and many of the children on my caseload were nonverbal, very little verbal expression, wheelchair bound or receiving PT and OT. This year I was placed in an elementary school with more typical students, but I am also working in the school's 3 autistic classrooms.

Yeah! Welcome! What are your Disney dates? We are so excited to stay on Disney property. We just stayed at Pop Century in Sept. for a family trip that we planned last January before Tyler's Wish was approved and when his Wish was approved we decided to keep both trips. We thought that for his Wish Trip we would have 2 days at Universal, 1 day at Sea World and three days at Disney just based on other Wish Trippers reports, but it did not work out that way. Staying on property and only going to Disney fits Tyler's age and interests better since Tyler loves Disney! Tyler receives speech therapy right now and this fall he has started to talk a little more. He is probably up to a 2 year old level right now, but he can sign over 400 words. He also receives physical therapy. We just picked up his new braces today. The ones with the bar between them did not work at all and no one was sleeping due to his screaming while wearing them. His left foot now turns in at a 90 degree angle again. I hope that we can correct this quickly.

Just wanted to post some thoughts on your restaurant choices (the ones I've been to anyway).
Garden Grill - definitely liked it. The character interaction was great, food was good and it was really neat to "spin around" the Land
Coral Reef - Haven't eaten here in a few years, but when I did it was really good. I had the blackened catfish (yum!), but they definitely have non-seafood dishes.
Poly b-fast - another fun breakfast and the food is good too. Plus I just love the Poly

Thank you for the restaurant advice. Tyler and I sat at the computer one day and he picked all of this restaurants so I hope he likes what he picked.
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your planning adventures...plus how the actual trip turns out!

P.S. What is the "Big Give" (for those, like me, that aren't in the know)?

As for the Big Give, there is a community within Disboards called Big Give. It is made up of mostly Disboutiquers. Theses wonderful men and women make custom clothing or provide small gifts for Wish families going on their Wish trips. There is a whole Wish Trips section to Disboards: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hosen.:wizard:

Old 10-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #82
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

After being persistent and a pain, I have our flight information from our volunteer.

Leave home at 05:40 on Nov.20,2009 and get to Orlando at ll:00 AM Nov 20, 2009. You come back at 4:30PM to home at 08:00PM. Disney World is suppose to be mailing all pertinent information to you. - From his volunteer

Then I guess that we will not meet her either. She asked if it would be ok if she mailed us all of this paperwork so she would not have to make the 5 hour round trip to bring it to us. We would have met her half way. I guess we were not meant to meet her. I guess I am just a little disappointed.

However, once I come up with the money I now know that we will be able to make it to the MVMCP. Now I just need to save enough money to purchase the tickets. I have half of it so far! I can't wait to surprise the kids with the tickets!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #83
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

New Updates!

I am back. I have been working on my September trip report for the past three weeks and it is done except for the Photopass photos. I just realized that we leave in 35 days!

Here is the plan so far:

Friday, Nov. 20th – Arrive at about 11 am at the airport. Arrive at the resort by 1 pm? Then rest or head to Epcot – Dinner at Garden Grill at 4:15 pm – Then after dinner head to MVMCP? Has anyone ever been to this? I am still going to wait a few more weeks before purchasing tickets. I hope it does not sell out.

Saturday, Nov. 21st – Spend the day at Animal Kingdom – Dinner at the Yak and Yeti at 4:45 pm – see AK after closing on the way out after dinner
Then I thought that from AK we would go to the Beach Club resort and check out the gingerbread carousel if it is up and finished – Then head to Downtown Disney for some shopping

Sunday, Nov. 22nd – 8:20 AM - Lilo and Stitch breakfast at the Polynesian. Then we will spend the day at the Magic Kingdom and probably go back to the resort for a nap in the middle of the day. Tonight the Magic Kingdom is open until 11 PM for resort guests.

Monday, Nov. 23rd – Spend the day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We have dinner reservations at 8:25 PM at the Sci-Fi and this park is open until 10 PM for resort guests. It closes at 7 PM for everyone else. I may try to get an earlier dinner reservation, but it will only be 7:25 PM in our time zone so the kids should be ok.

Tuesday, Nov. 24th – Spend the day at Epcot. It opens one hour early for resort guests. We have dinner reservations at 5:35 PM at the Coral Reef. This park closes at 9 PM.

Wednesday, Nov. 25th – Breakfast at the Crystal Palace at 8:10 AM. The park does not open until 9 AM today so the kids will get to see a nearly empty park. Then we will spend our last few hours here. I assume we will need to be back at the resort around 1:40 to take the ME back to the airport to catch our 4:30 PM flight.

I know that some of these days are probably days to avoid according to crowd calendars, but we only have single day tickets, which means we do not have park hoppers. We have never not had park hoppers so this will be a challenge to adapt to.

We have never been to Disney during a busy season or the holiday season so any advice is welcome. Also, we found out the Osborne Lights will go on on Nov. 11th this year so we will get to see them! I am very excited about this. Tyler sat on my lap and watched the 10 minute video of them on this site without moving. I think he will really like them too!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #84
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

I've been following your trip report and Tyler's Wish Trip report.

We prefer to go to WDW during Christmas time. It's cooler and less crowded.

Since this is your family's first time going to WDW during Christmas, get the MVMCP tickets and enjoy all the special shows, parades and the park with all the Christmas lights and decorations.

Can't wait to see your pictures from Tyler's Wish Trip! It won't be long now.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #85
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
I've been following your trip report and Tyler's Wish Trip report.

We prefer to go to WDW during Christmas time. It's cooler and less crowded.

Since this is your family's first time going to WDW during Christmas, get the MVMCP tickets and enjoy all the special shows, parades and the park with all the Christmas lights and decorations.

Can't wait to see your pictures from Tyler's Wish Trip! It won't be long now.
Welcome! I am glad you are following along. We finished our Countdown Mickeys! This time we glued two HD Mickey heads together so there was a front and back since last time we could not keep them all facing forward. Hayley wanted to be in the picture too!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #86
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

I could be wrong but I believe the carousel is at the boardwalk, not BC.

I've done mvmcp before and my friend and I are doing it again for this trip. Definitely do it if you can. Also the Osborne lights are awesome!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #87
misskate
Mouseketeer

Your PRT has made my day! I know that might sound a little weird, but I am so thankful that you and your beautiful family get to have this wish granted. I'm praying that your wish coordinator turns her attitude around. I can already feel the magic in the air for Tyler!

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 10-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #88
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
I could be wrong but I believe the carousel is at the boardwalk, not BC.

I've done mvmcp before and my friend and I are doing it again for this trip. Definitely do it if you can. Also the Osborne lights are awesome!
Thank you for the advice! I read on these boards that it was at the Beach Club and that the Boardwalk's decorations weren't that amazing. I forgot to put that we plan to walk from the Beach Club to the Boardwalk to look around prior to going to DTD. We stayed with a cast member friend at the Boardwalk when Breanna was 2 1/2 and I fell in love with that resort, but it does not fit in our financial situation. The kids love the All Star Resorts so it works out anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskate View Post
Your PRT has made my day! I know that might sound a little weird, but I am so thankful that you and your beautiful family get to have this wish granted. I'm praying that your wish coordinator turns her attitude around. I can already feel the magic in the air for Tyler!
Welcome! I understand. I love to read about these amazing and special kids on this site. In college I volunteered at the blind preschool here in town and those kids were amazing and inspiring. They all had many additional medical challenges in addition to being blind, but they were the happiest kids you would ever meet. They did not see their disability as a challenge and they just loved life! As for our Wish coordinator, she has never met Tyler. I have sent her a picture of him. She does not know who Stitch is so I have not figured out how I am going to explain to Tyler that Stitch won't be able to ride the Dumbos with him. I guess maybe I could tell him that Stitch is sick? I will worry about that later. He is very excited right now. He looks at the pictures from our September trip and says, "I wanna go" and points to the pictures. I am hoping that since he went recently we won't have all of the screaming tantrums we had in September and he will just have fun!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #89
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Welcome! I understand. I love to read about these amazing and special kids on this site. In college I volunteered at the blind preschool here in town and those kids were amazing and inspiring. They all had many additional medical challenges in addition to being blind, but they were the happiest kids you would ever meet. They did not see their disability as a challenge and they just loved life! As for our Wish coordinator, she has never met Tyler. I have sent her a picture of him. She does not know who Stitch is so I have not figured out how I am going to explain to Tyler that Stitch won't be able to ride the Dumbos with him. I guess maybe I could tell him that Stitch is sick? I will worry about that later. He is very excited right now. He looks at the pictures from our September trip and says, "I wanna go" and points to the pictures. I am hoping that since he went recently we won't have all of the screaming tantrums we had in September and he will just have fun![/QUOTE]

Hey
Sorry to hear that your wish granter is ermm..less than knowledgeable. Maybe the first morning you go to the park you could go to guest services and explain the situation? From reading some of the trip reports, stranger things have been made to happen
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #90
chrissid7
Mouseketeer

OMG you are so close now. I have loved reading your PTR and I also eally enjoyed the last one. Great Halloween pics! Your kids a re beautiful and I cant wait to hear the rest!

Im actually trying to get it together too so that i can get Alyssa to MVMCP, she desperatly wants to do it (we all do) but its not in the budget right now. I asked our coordinator if she had a connection that could maybe get them at a discounted rate but she had never even heard of MVMCP so no avail.
We are looking forward to the Osbourne family lights too! The video was incredible so I can only imagine!

Enjoy the rest of your planning. It looks great!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301152

Thanks pipersmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: