Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #256
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
Thanks for the Pooh and friends pictures during the Christmas parade! So glad Tyler got to spend so much time with Stitch and all the special moments of that evening. And this is only your first day at Disney World! Can't wait to see what other special moments occurred the next day at Animal Kingdom!
Thank you! I am glad you liked the Pooh pictures! Tyler loved the time he spent with Stitch! I promise to work on Day 2 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
Wow, it looks like you had an amazing first day. The pictures are wonderful! That is so sweet that Tyler was able to spend so much time with Stitch. Cant wait to hear how your second day was.
Thank you for the compliments on the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
Actually, if the person who said that there was no special line/treatment for GACs (Guest Assistance Cards) was correct. They are used for the permanent character greeting areas - like in the Epcot Character Greeting by Innoventions and at MK in Toontown. They are not used for the more casual meet and greets that are outside, not in a permanent location.
But, they do make exceptions to that for children on WISH trips to allow expidited access.

Your report is great and the pictures are great (even though you wrote you just have a point and shoot camera). The Stitch and Lilo ones are so cute (how neat an experience to actually get to play with them!). The castle ones are beautiful and the 'crashed' baby is so cute!
Thank you! I know that the GAC should not work for outdoor character lines, but I kept having cast members with other characters tell me to go in the exit lines even for the outdoor characters. Even one of the trainers told me this! I guess it must be the Wish trip exception. Tyler and Hayley loved playing with Stitch! The castle was breathe taking! Thank you for the comment on Hayley too! She is cute awake and asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
WOW, what an amazing 1st day!!!!! Love all the pics and love seeing the Christmas decorations and parade pics, too, we were there this week coming week last year, brings back good memories!!! It's SO magical this time of year, isn't it?!

The visual I had in my head with the extra beds in your room is too funny....those rooms are tiny to begin with, i can only imagine!!!
The beds were too funny. I think I would have thought to have taken a photo if it wasn't so late and everyone wasn't so tired! It was comical afterwards! The Christmas decorations are amazing. Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I now love Disney's Christmas decorations more than any other decorations I have seen. I could have stared at the castle all night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Great updates! I haven't been on much all weekend, but it was fun to catch up on everything at once The castle was soooo pretty all lit up, a part of me wishes I had tried to plan around the holidays! I'm so glad Tyler got that time with Stitch, and now you have me all curious as to what happens at AK!
Thank you! Bre had the whole week of Thanksgiving off so it was easy to pick that week. Tyler missed 3 days of school and I found out today that they are unexcused. I am not sure what that means. He is in pre-K. I am not too worried about it. I gave the school plenty of notice that he would be gone and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Great pictures and great details on the MVMCP! I can't wait until we go next Sunday! I'm so looking forward to hearing what happens tomorrow at AK!
I am going to try to get at least the first part of the AK update today! You will love the decorations next week! Take lots of memory sticks or film, whichever your camera takes. You will take so many more pictures than you could ever plan too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo4+more View Post
Deyki had so much fun looking at your pictures with me. He was yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, we went there. Mommy, we met him!" He was so excited to remember our recent trip. I can't wait to read more!
I am so glad that Deyki is enjoying the pictures too! I hope he is feeling better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
WOW The px are fabulous. And the GINGERBREAD MEN Thanx for thinking of my Matty. He hasn't seen them yet (he's in bed) but I'll be sure to show him tomorrow. I'm glad to hear the trip is beginning on such a wonderful magical note. I can only imagine what the coming days had in store for you. I'll be waiting......(and hopefully this computer will cooperate)

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
I hope Matty enjoyed the Gingerbread Men too! I treid to take lots of pictures of them, but in the dark the flash takes a little longer than I would like to re-set. I know that he will love seeing them in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
WOW!

I just love your TR so far!!!

The parade pictures are WONDERFUL and you guys have had so much magic already!!!
The trip just gets more magical each day! I read before I left a post that you wrote that each Wish trip has one magical moment and I could not imagine how Tyler's would have this with all of our obstacles, but the trip exceeded everyone's expectations! I promise more soon!

I just wanted to give everyone a brief update of the holdups with the trip report. First, I was trying to get all of our PP photos edited by last night as there was a special offer for a free $75 video if the PP was ordered by the 30th, but I kept getting error after error when editing and at 11:40 pm last night I gave up with about 40 more photos to edit. I spent almost two full days editing.

Sunday we had brunch with our extended family. Then everyone took naps. We also finished putting up Christmas decorations.

Monday night I had to go to a meeting and my '95 Saturn would not start. So, I took the minivan and my husband removed the battery. When I came back from my meeting two and a half hours later he took the battery to O'Reilly's and it was fine. Now he thinks it is the started. He also thinks that he and his friend can fix it tonight. We will see. Then today Tyler had his two hour appointment with the Developmental Pediatrician. Since it was the first time for her to see him, she had lots of questions and evaluating to do. Now she needs to look over more reports, medical records and get back to me in 6-8 weeks. I guess that is not too long as I had to wait six months to get Tyler in to see her and the normal wait is one year. We also received some good news at the appointment. There is a medical resident that should be able to start practicing here in the next few weeks and she is a geneticist! She is going to set up her practice here! I will not have to drive a six hour round trip drive to see a geneticist anymore!

Then I needed to go back to the University today. I am the Chapter Operations Advisor for the Delta Gamma sorority. It basically means I volunteer my time to help the collegians that serve as vp finance and house manager. Today I needed to go and oversee the new composite company. We had some problems last year and the advisory team wanted to make sure an alum was present to handle any concerns. There were none! The girls at the house think Tyler and Hayley are too cute!

Then I needed to come home and make sure all of my Junior Girl Scout parents had permission slips for our field trip tomorrow, fax a report to the doctor's office and deal with a billing error for another doctor's visit that Bre had. Now I am spending a few minutes catching up on Dis prior to picking Bre up from choir practice and taking Tyler to gymnastics. Then I should have time later tonight for at least a small update. I should be able to get the morning surprise part done! Thank you all for sticking with me!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #257
2 princess 3 princes
mom of twin princess and triplet princes

WOW! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip and we're only up to the end of day 1. I can't wait to read/see more! I am in Disney withdrawl! We had such a great trip too, always running, but wouldn't change a thing!
& AKVK, 2011 BC DCL w/DDs , 2012 BC DL/CA Paradise Pier Pre Cruise Oct./12 Wonder California Cruise October/12 Dream 3 night Bahamas Valentines Day/13 POR Pre Cruise Dream 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Oct/13 Dream 4 night Feb/14

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #258
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 princess 3 princes View Post
WOW! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip and we're only up to the end of day 1. I can't wait to read/see more! I am in Disney withdrawl! We had such a great trip too, always running, but wouldn't change a thing!
Here are five more posts of updates and photos to get you to halfway through Day 2!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #259
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

This morning everyone slept in a little since we were out so late the night before. Aaron took the three kids to the End Zone dining hall for some pastries / cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I stayed in the room to organize the pins, autograph pages and misc. items needed in the park for the day. Then I heard mousekeeping knock on the room next to mine and I was ready, but they weren’t back yet. I headed out. It turns out they went back to the room, but took a different path. Aaron was frustrated when he answered the phone. Tyler spilled blue PowerAde down the front of his shirt. He took it back to the room and tried to wash it out as best as he could. While I waited for them I took a few pictures of the resort. The one with the tennis ball can stairs has Aaron walking back with the three kids between the trees.

We finally made it to Animal Kingdom a little before 10 am. We stopped and took pictures of the large tree up front.

We stopped to do PP photos of Stitch breaking through the pavement. It took me four days after we returned home to get Stitch to appear, but he is there now! Then I took some photos on the way to Camp Minnie / Mickey.

When we arrived at the entrance of the Camp, Pocahontas was standing there by herself. The kids visited with her. Hayley and Tyler kept looking over the slates of the bridge into the little stream so Pocahontas joined them. I still cannot tell you what was so interesting.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #260
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Then as soon as we walked into Camp we were greeted by a warm welcome from Elaine. She gave me the biggest hug. She told me that she was supposed to call her supervisor as soon as we got there. They needed to come and look at Tyler and Hayley to see if they could ride in the parade. We had talked about Aaron not riding with Hayley so the other three of us could be in the parade. It did not work out, but they were insistent about making Magic happen. We visited with all of the characters while they worked out the details. They told us to go by a special door and we would have VIP seating and a special meet and greet for the Lion King show.

First we saw Minnie and she led the kids by the hand to a bench to take the perfect photos.

Then we met Goofy. Hayley was scared at first.

Then it was on to Donald.

Mickey was up next.

Then Chip and Dale were being silly.

I took more pictures of the decorated trees. You can tell by the decorations on the trees which trees belong to which characters. I loved these!

Last edited by kdzbear; 04-22-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Fixed the name of a cast member
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #261
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Then Hayley was so excited to get to meet Thumper and Miss Bunny.

Here she is meeting them. Thumper turned around and wiggled his tail for her too!

Then we got in a really long line for the VIP seating. Aaron asked me how it could be VIP if so many people were in line. It turns out most of the people in line thought it was the entrance and they were redirected. A cast member led us to a front row seat in the giraffe section and he did not know that giraffes are Tyler’s favorite animals!

Breanna got to lead the giraffe section and teach them the sound a giraffe makes. She will never forget that a giraffe sounds like a sheep!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #262
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Tyler loved the monkeys since they use a lot of the same equipment that he uses at gymnastics.

A cast member of the show came over to talk to my kids and told them that she loved their outfits. Then all three kids were asked to be part of the parade, but Tyler was a little scared and would not go. He was overwhelmed by the scariness of Scar’s performance and the fire twirler / eater scared him too.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #263
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

We watched the rest of show. We were told before the show started to remain seated after the show and a cast member would come and get us. Before the theater started to empty out a cast member was leading us out a cast member only door. She asked us to wait just a minute and then the entire cast came out to meet us! They got down on the kids level and asked them about the parts of the show they liked best. One of the giraffe performers showed Tyler that they had on the same pattern of material in their costumes. It was so amazing! This event was simply magical!

As we were leaving one of the cast members told me to post the photos on his facebook page, but I do not know his name or how to get the pictures to him. If anyone recognizes any of the Lion King cast members then send them over to see the photos!

Then we changed diapers again! We do this a lot! While I was waiting on one of the little ones the other one saw Thumper and got in line again! Soon the whole family was in line to see Thumper. I was so glad we had seen Miss Bunny earlier as she was not out anymore.

Then I took more tree pictures!

At this point we decided to go to Pizza Safari for lunch. The food was good and Hayley loved the dessert!

Next up, the rest of our Animal Kingdom day!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #264
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

I love all the pictures! So neat that you all got to be up close and personal with the parade. The kids look like they're having a really good time. Diane sounds like a very special CM to arrange all that for you guys, I love people like that!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #265
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Great 2nd day pictures at the Animal Kingdom! Too bad the family didn't qualify to be part of the parade but they did provide other magical moments for all of you. I love all of your pictures especially of the Christmas decorations! I enjoy WDW during the Christmas season the most too! That's a great picture of the family with the FOTLK cast!

Quote:
There is a medical resident that should be able to start practicing here in the next few weeks and she is a geneticist! She is going to set up her practice here! I will not have to drive a six hour round trip drive to see a geneticist anymore!
That is fantastic news for you and Tyler!

Yesterday, we got around 5 inches of snow and it kept snowing until noon, which is very unusual down where we live at the foothill of the mountains. Our poor chickens stayed in the coop all day long. They did not like that white stuff on the ground or floating down from the sky. We cleared the snow away from the front of the coop but it's still very cold outside today and they wander out for a little bit before going back into the coop where its a little warmer. Last year, there was no snow at all. If we don't get a white Christmas, at least we had some snow this year in December.

Looking forward to part 2 of day 2.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #266
maroo
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!

This is fantastic!

I thought the pics from the first night were incredible...this is just...I am speechless!

Twice in one trip to have that much pixie dust thrown on is AMAZING!

I don't think I have ever, in any trip report, seen the cast of the Lion King come out to do a meet and greet. How cool!!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #268
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
I love all the pictures! So neat that you all got to be up close and personal with the parade. The kids look like they're having a really good time. Diane sounds like a very special CM to arrange all that for you guys, I love people like that!
Having the kids participate in the Festival of the Lion King parade was so amazing! Diane was awesome! We tried to find her again to thank her, but we could not. I will write a letter to Disney about her and how she made our trip so special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
Great 2nd day pictures at the Animal Kingdom! Too bad the family didn't qualify to be part of the parade but they did provide other magical moments for all of you. I love all of your pictures especially of the Christmas decorations! I enjoy WDW during the Christmas season the most too! That's a great picture of the family with the FOTLK cast!

I think the kids had more fun at the Lion King show than they would have in the parade! The Christmas decorations at the Animal Kingdom were my favorites of all 4 parks.

That is fantastic news for you and Tyler!

Yes, I am so excited to have a geneticist here in town!

Yesterday, we got around 5 inches of snow and it kept snowing until noon, which is very unusual down where we live at the foothill of the mountains. Our poor chickens stayed in the coop all day long. They did not like that white stuff on the ground or floating down from the sky. We cleared the snow away from the front of the coop but it's still very cold outside today and they wander out for a little bit before going back into the coop where its a little warmer. Last year, there was no snow at all. If we don't get a white Christmas, at least we had some snow this year in December.

Looking forward to part 2 of day 2.

We had snow right before we left on the trip, but the ground was too warm for it to stick! I think having chickens would be hard work, but fun. I loved the fake snow at Disney!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
WOW!!!

This is fantastic!

I thought the pics from the first night were incredible...this is just...I am speechless!

Twice in one trip to have that much pixie dust thrown on is AMAZING!

I don't think I have ever, in any trip report, seen the cast of the Lion King come out to do a meet and greet. How cool!!

It was amazing. I was expecting maybe Timon, but I never expected to meet the whole cast! The pixie dust has not even begun to rain yet. It was the most amazing trip and so many unreal experiences occurred on our trip. There is lots more to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Absolutely AMAZING! And your pictures have just moved FotLK higher up on our priority list for our 1/2 day at AK! You guys truly deserve all that pixie dust and more! I am so happy for you!

I think your girls would love the FOTLK. It is a neat show and if you have a stroller as a wheelchair, you will be one of the front rows. We took Tyler and Hayley out and carried them in since we had no idea what was in store for us and we didn't want to throw any glitches into the magic!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #269
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I will try to do a couple of quick posts before I need to go to my Junior Girl Scout meeting. We are taking the girls on a field trip today! I had started to upload the new set of photos to Photobucket when something happened to Foxfire and the internet shut down. Now the original photos I was downloading are under new downloads and not in the file they should be in. I also cannot tell which photos uploaded and which ones did not so please be patient as I try to fix this mess!

After lunch we decided to ride the Safari, but we hit a detour on the way. Terk was standing off to the side with only one family waiting to see her.

Then we saw Flik. Tyler has always been very texture oriented. I assume that this is due to the other areas that he is lacking that he learns through touch, but not all characters understand why they are being rubbed and having their eyes felt. This time it was just Flik’s chest!

Then it was time for Flik to go on break so he took my kids with him!

The character handler told us if we waited about two minutes we could meet Baloo so we went up a little hill to a hidden area to meet him. There was already one family waiting so we waited behind them. When the character handler came, she did not understand how we found the path and knew where to be. We told her that the other character handler sent us. Then she was happy that her co-workers were actually doing their jobs. Baloo brought King Louie with him! Baloo is one of my favorite characters so I had to have a photo with him too!

Next we got a special treat as we were leaving the character area.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #270
maroo
DIS Veteran

MORE pixie dust?

I feel like I am drinking from a fire hydrant!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: