Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #241
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Here are more parade photos………

The next for photos are for Matty! I was starting to think that they would not appear. Enjoy!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #242
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

And more parade photos……..

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #243
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Here are the last three parade photos….

After the parade we headed to the Cosmic Ray’s Dance Party. I stood in line for apples, apple juice, hot chocolate and cookies while Aaron went to change Tyler. We found a table and watch the dancing characters and party guests. It was packed with people. Tyler stood up in his chair and did the chicken dance. I guess I did not take any pictures at the dance party????

Then they announced that it was time for Wishes. We headed outside and tried to make our way across the bridge to the castle, but I could not get even one quarter of the way across with the double stroller. We missed a lot of the fireworks due to trees being in the way. I was able to watch all of the sprinklers going off in the nearby trees and greenery to keep them from catching on fire. I had never paid attention to that before. Aaron made it farther down the bridge and tried to tape it for me. I have not watched the video to see how it turned out.

See that little green blip of a light in the sky? That is Tinkerbell flying by!

Here are a few of the fireworks, but my little point and shoot camera does not capture them so well!

Old 11-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #244
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

We moved from the bridge to the line to see Belle's Christmas show. The cast member that was supposed to provide the all clear to move the rope to allow people to sit for the show forgot to do so. When they dropped the rope it was utter chaos. We found a seat near the back, but there were people standing in front of people that were seated. Cast members would repeatedly ask them to move and they would not. The show was the same show as the daytime with guests playing the characters. The only difference was the Christmas theme.

After the show we went to meet Beauty and the Beast. We were told that there was no special line for GAC guests. We started to stand in the regular line, but it was long and not moving. The same cast member that told us to stand in the regular line asked if we were not waiting and I explained that my son was special needs and he could not wait that long. One of the character handlers heard me and took us right to the front of the line. The cast member that had told us that we did not have the access explain that it was her first night working with characters and that she normally ran the Dumbos. This lesson was the first of many that I learned this trip. Keep asking until you get the answer that you want as every cast member will give you a different answer.

We then walked over to Adventureland and found Aladdin and Jasmine.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #245
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

At this point it was getting later in the evening and the second parade was about to start. We decided to find Stitch. I was told to look around the corner to the left of where we were and follow the lit up sign for cookies and hot chocolate. Inside a restaurant that has been closed for years and that is empty space that is only used for special events we found Stitch. We waited in line as there were only three or four guests in line. We were chatting with the two character handlers, Diane and Christopher. We explained Tyler’s Wish to them and they asked us to hang out for a little while. Once the parade started Tyler had Lilo and Stitch to himself for over an hour. It was amazing! Stitch sat on the floor with them and they had a blast. At one point Stitch had to use the restroom and Christopher assured us that we wanted to wait until Stitch returned. Stitch returned and he had eaten some sugar while he was on break. He was hyper and bouncing all over with the kids! It was the most magical time for Tyler to have so much one on one time with Stitch!

Then the character handlers told us to go and see Tim at the Magic Carpets and then come back to see Stitch. So, we made our way to visit Tim, who was Timothy from earlier at Epcot! He let us take pictures with Al and Wendell.

Then Tyler rode the Magic Carpets with Wendell!

We went to Main Street to make a small Christmas Party purchase. I tried to take a picture of the snow.

Then we headed back to Stitch and Tyler played with Stitch more, but I don’t seem to have more pictures. I think this is because I was discussing details with Diane and Christopher. They just happened to be working at the Animal Kingdom the next day and it was the park we were already planning to go to! They were going to try to get us in the parade. Diane told us to meet her in Camp Minnie / Mickey and that she would be with Goofy. Christopher said that he would be with Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. I will tell you know that you have to be five to ride in the parade so that magic didn’t happen, but something even better did! We said our good nights to Lilo and Stitch.

We then had about ten minutes until the party was over so we went to see Snow White. We were told that the line was closed at 11:30, but the person I had talked to originally was there and let us in line!

Here are some more pictures of the decorations from our way out of the park.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #246
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Hayley was worn out after our magical Christmas night!

As you can see we did not meet all of the characters we had planned to meet or see all of the shows we had planned to see, but what we experienced was so much more magical!

Then we had a minor problem when we arrived back at our room. Before we left for the parks I called and asked for 2 bed rails and a pack and play. When we returned to our room we had the pack and play! We also had two folding beds on wheels! We could barely move in the room. I called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up right away. It is now 1 am. Aaron pushed the two rolling beds over by the door. When the guy came to the door to pick them up. I had to yell just a minute as I could not reach the door handle to open the doors. When I finally got the doors open he was laughing so hard at the sight. I did not blame him at that point it was very comical. He took away the two beds and apologized as he could not understand how anyone would think that those two beds would fit in our room. He delivered the bed rail, but he only had one. We told him we would use Breanna as the second rail to keep Tyler in the bed. Then it was finally time for everyone to get some sleep. I wish I had taken a picture of the two beds and the pack and play crammed in our little room!

We still had a magical evening that Tyler will remember forever!

Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #247
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the Pooh and friends pictures during the Christmas parade! So glad Tyler got to spend so much time with Stitch and all the special moments of that evening. And this is only your first day at Disney World! Can't wait to see what other special moments occurred the next day at Animal Kingdom!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #248
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Wow, it looks like you had an amazing first day. The pictures are wonderful! That is so sweet that Tyler was able to spend so much time with Stitch. Cant wait to hear how your second day was.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #249
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"]
After the show we went to meet Beauty and the Beast. We were told that there was no special line for GAC guests. We started to stand in the regular line, but it was long and not moving. The same cast member that told us to stand in the regular line asked if we were not waiting and I explained that my son was special needs and he could not wait that long. One of the character handlers heard me and took us right to the front of the line. The cast member that had told us that we did not have the access explain that it was her first night working with characters and that she normally ran the Dumbos. This lesson was the first of many that I learned this trip. Keep asking until you get the answer that you want as every cast member will give you a different answer.
Actually, if the person who said that there was no special line/treatment for GACs (Guest Assistance Cards) was correct. They are used for the permanent character greeting areas - like in the Epcot Character Greeting by Innoventions and at MK in Toontown. They are not used for the more casual meet and greets that are outside, not in a permanent location.
But, they do make exceptions to that for children on WISH trips to allow expidited access.

Your report is great and the pictures are great (even though you wrote you just have a point and shoot camera). The Stitch and Lilo ones are so cute (how neat an experience to actually get to play with them!). The castle ones are beautiful and the 'crashed' baby is so cute!

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #250
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

WOW, what an amazing 1st day!!!!! Love all the pics and love seeing the Christmas decorations and parade pics, too, we were there this week coming week last year, brings back good memories!!! It's SO magical this time of year, isn't it?!

The visual I had in my head with the extra beds in your room is too funny....those rooms are tiny to begin with, i can only imagine!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #251
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I haven't been on much all weekend, but it was fun to catch up on everything at once The castle was soooo pretty all lit up, a part of me wishes I had tried to plan around the holidays! I'm so glad Tyler got that time with Stitch, and now you have me all curious as to what happens at AK!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #253
MomTo4+more
Mouseketeer

Deyki had so much fun looking at your pictures with me. He was yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, we went there. Mommy, we met him!" He was so excited to remember our recent trip. I can't wait to read more!
"Sulley" (5)
Follow Deyki's Wish Trip here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32472981
Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #254
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

WOW The px are fabulous. And the GINGERBREAD MEN Thanx for thinking of my Matty. He hasn't seen them yet (he's in bed) but I'll be sure to show him tomorrow. I'm glad to hear the trip is beginning on such a wonderful magical note. I can only imagine what the coming days had in store for you. I'll be waiting......(and hopefully this computer will cooperate)

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #255
maroo
DIS Veteran

WOW!

I just love your TR so far!!!

The parade pictures are WONDERFUL and you guys have had so much magic already!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: