Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #196
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

hey sorry i have been mia! so sorry to hear of your troubles with this company! while it's awesome they are doing this, what a pita and needless worry! don't they know you are already stressed!

Just 4 more days now, here's hoping for excellent news!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #197
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I must admit that I am not good at sewing. I had to rip the seams out of the first pair of shorts since I made the waist into the legs. However, as long as the waist is elastic I can make them. I don't do zippers. The skirts are the easiest. It is just two pieces of fabric that you sew together at the seams. Then you add elastic as for the waist and sew a seam at the bottom. I just made a long stitch for the ruffle and pulled the bottom thread to gather the material and I cheated by folding the fabric for the bottom seam of the ruffle. Then I just serged the bottom of the skirt and the ruffle together. It took less than 30 minutes to make a skirt with a ruffle and I have never made one before. I also only had the pattern for the straight skirt. I examined the ruffle on Hayley's Big Give Tinkerbell skirt to figure out the best way to add a ruffle.

Here is the last one for Hayley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Just a few more days now!! WOW!!!!!!!! You must be SO excited. Love the new outfits you made, how cute!! You are so talented, I wouldn't even know how to use the machine!!!! Hope your packing is going well!!!!
Thank you! I just purchased a sewing machine when Bre was little and a sewing manual. I have no training. I am making progress on packing. I am done sewing for Tyler and Hayley. I just need to make a few skirts for Bre. I will sew a little more today and then after I pick Bre up from school, I will gather everyone's outfits for the week! It is so close!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #198
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post

they are all adorable! where did you find the Handy Manny fabric!! I need some of that for sure!!!

Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!! Did you pack yet?

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #199
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
The shorts and skirt are so cute! You did a wonderful job!

I'm sorry to hear of the disapointing outcome with your expense check.
Thank you for the compliments on my sewing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
hey sorry i have been mia! so sorry to hear of your troubles with this company! while it's awesome they are doing this, what a pita and needless worry! don't they know you are already stressed!

Just 4 more days now, here's hoping for excellent news!
We will have a fantastic trip just being able to spend time together as a family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
they are all adorable! where did you find the Handy Manny fabric!! I need some of that for sure!!!

Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!! Did you pack yet?
I have not packed yet, but outfits are laid out all over my bed. I needed Bre to come home to finish her last 3 skirts. My pattern only went to a 6x so I have had to extend it to a size 12 and before I cut the fabric, I wanted to hold the pattern up to her. The Handy Manny fabric is at Hancock Fabrics. They actually had two different Handy Manny fabrics and a Princess and the Frog fabric. All of the licensed character fabric is also 50% off this week! However, there were no princesses to be found anywhere! I have some Cinderella fabric and some purple princess fabric from when Bre was little, but they don't match with the shirt. Let me know if you can't find the Manny fabric and I will pick some up and send it to you!

Now, I am really off to finish packing before Aaron gets home! I have an hour!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #200
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Hey.....what a great job!! They look terrific. I can sew home goods (window treatments, tablecloths etc.) but not clothes. I was thinking of trying to do a fleece blanket or two (Disney themed of course) for whoever's riding in the stroller on those chilly mid-December nights at the park. You've inspired me to get movin'

I'm glad to hear you are no longer stressing about all the shenanigans with your Wish organization. It's getting close I'm excited for you.

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Old 11-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #201
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

A great job of sewing! The big day is getting closer and closer! All of you must be getting very excited. Only 3 more days! Hope the packing is going well and everyone is getting healthy for the trip. Lots of and !
Old 11-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #202
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
Hey.....what a great job!! They look terrific. I can sew home goods (window treatments, tablecloths etc.) but not clothes. I was thinking of trying to do a fleece blanket or two (Disney themed of course) for whoever's riding in the stroller on those chilly mid-December nights at the park. You've inspired me to get movin'

I'm glad to hear you are no longer stressing about all the shenanigans with your Wish organization. It's getting close I'm excited for you.

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
You would be amazed at how easy shorts are to make. I started with PJ shorts and now any elastic shorts are simple. Now, I have discovered that skirts are even easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
A great job of sewing! The big day is getting closer and closer! All of you must be getting very excited. Only 3 more days! Hope the packing is going well and everyone is getting healthy for the trip. Lots of and !
Thank you! Everyone is mostly well. We still have a few lingering runny noses and coughs. I am hoping that the Florida sunshine is the cure for this! I have finished pakcing everyone's clothes. I burned the pictures from my memory stick to a DVD. I just need to erase the memory stick now. Why is it so hard to hit the erase button? I know the pictures are on the DVD and online at Shutterfly so they are safe. It is just that tiny bit of doubt that is there right before I hit erase!

Here are Bre's 3 skirts:

Right now I am anxiously waiting for Tyler to come home. I called the school about 30 minutes ago. He is normally home at 12:10, but there was a problem with the bus and it broke down in the school lot. I was told that he his back in the classroom and being entertained. They better feed him lunch if they keep him much longer. The school said they did not call since they thought that all the kids that rode the bus go to daycare. I informed them that Tyler always comes home and since he can't talk someone needs to look out for him. Sorry for my rambling. I just want him home with me!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #203
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

New update: Instead of packing I am now dealing with my son's well being! He arrived home at 1:10 pm and school let out at 11:50 am. The bus company told me he was in the school and he was not. He was strapped to his bus seat on the bus for an hour and 20 minutes while they waited on a new bus. I have been on the phone with the principal on and off all afternoon. The teachers are claiming they had no idea that the kids were on the bus that long and the bus company is saying that the teachers would not let the kids back in the school. I guarantee that when this is over, it will never happen again. Airlines can't keep you on a plane that long. Imagine a 4 year old that can't communicate and there were 5 of them on the bus. Then they told me that they did not call since they thought all of the kids on the bus went to daycare. Tyler has never gone to daycare. Now I am waiting for the principal to interview the bus driver and get back to me. She assures me that this will never happen again. I am just so mad right now. They are supposed to take care of my little guy when he is at school!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #204
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Yikes! Poor Tyler and the other children left on the bus. Isn't there some record at the school office that tells them which children goes home and which goes to day care? I don't blame you for being upset over this incident especially having you worry when Tyler didn't show up at the normal drop off time. Hope the fire you put under the Principal will straighten out the office and bus company that if this happens again, the outcome will be different. This is not a time for you to have this added stress!

I forgot to mentioned that you also did a great job on Breanna's skirts.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #205
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

OMG!!! I can't even imagine how stressed you must be!!! That is horrible that they did that to Tyler (and all the other children!!), was he okay when he got home? So glad he made it home safely but I'm with you, it's their responsibility to make sure that that child is safe when not at home with you!! Thinking of you!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #206
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

First, hooray! For having the packing all done. Now..ugg! What were they thinking??? (Or what kind of people are being hired to be bus drivers?) That they would think it's okay to keep any kids, much less kids with special needs on a school bus for that long ?? I am mad for you right now, not that you need any help! That Principal better be doing some serious grovelling when she calls you back.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #207
misskate
Mouseketeer

UGH! What a day for Tyler and you! Disney is just what you'll need. I am frustrated for you that they would handle the situation like that. I understand miscommunication, but that is ridiculous. Guaranteed some of those kids had to go the bathroom at least! Rough day, for sure.

GREAT job on those skirts!! I am going to try sewing some for my little one. (She's only 6 months though, thankfully. Lots of time to practice up!)

Hope the rest of your day went better!

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #208
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Unbelieveable! I hope the principal gets to the bottom of this, quickly! It is so rediculous and unacceptable for a non verbal child to be restrained for that period of time. I believe a student can only beIf the principal doesn't give you a satisfactory answer, contact whichever administrator is in charge of students with special needs. And then the superintendent.

I'm glad that you have finished packing but very sorry you have to deal with this mess 3 days before your trip. I hope it is resolved soon.

Great job on the skirts by the way!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #209
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
New update: Instead of packing I am now dealing with my son's well being! He arrived home at 1:10 pm and school let out at 11:50 am. The bus company told me he was in the school and he was not. He was strapped to his bus seat on the bus for an hour and 20 minutes while they waited on a new bus. I have been on the phone with the principal on and off all afternoon. The teachers are claiming they had no idea that the kids were on the bus that long and the bus company is saying that the teachers would not let the kids back in the school. I guarantee that when this is over, it will never happen again. Airlines can't keep you on a plane that long. Imagine a 4 year old that can't communicate and there were 5 of them on the bus. Then they told me that they did not call since they thought all of the kids on the bus went to daycare. Tyler has never gone to daycare. Now I am waiting for the principal to interview the bus driver and get back to me. She assures me that this will never happen again. I am just so mad right now. They are supposed to take care of my little guy when he is at school!

Oh. My. Gosh.

I am so, so, so sorry.

Is he ok?!? Are YOU ok???

Keep us posted.

Huge hugs to you!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #210
chrissid7
Mouseketeer

OMG!!! I know you must be furious!! I am so sorry that happened to him well actually all of you, I hope you are all feeling better and safe and now ready to GO TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you that I hope yall have the best week of your life!!!!

Im not sure what the next few days will bring and if I will be able to post much with Alyssa being admitted, but I will be thinking of ya and praying for your safe journey!! I soooo wish I were going but im not too far behind lol!

I cant wait for your posts

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301152

Thanks pipersmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: