Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #166
disneymommieof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="5"]
Then she wants to show off her new outfit!

Hi I'm the one who made Hayleys tink outfit. I thought I put my DIS name on the package. Sorry about that!
I'm So happy that she likes it and that it fits!! She looks so cute!!
I hope you all have a great time on your trip. Thanks for sharing your family with us!!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #167
maroo
DIS Veteran

The pictures are awesome!

You guys are going to have a BLAST on your trip!!!

(See...I am still here... been lurking...)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #168
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, this morning I opened up Dis and there was a special email. A wonderful Dismember wants to pay for their First Mate packages as part of the Big Give! I could not believe what I had read. Due to the great promotion, I pay one price and get two kids made up instead of one! We are going on Sunday the 22nd!
Amazing and incredible! I'm so happy the kids will be able to do the Pirate Experience and that you won't have to worry about the cost of it. What an amazing gift from the Big Give!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #169
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

We are 8 days away from leaving! I just did our resort's on-line check-in! It is so close!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #170
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are 8 days away from leaving! I just did our resort's on-line check-in! It is so close!
The 8 more days dance!!!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #171
chrissid7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Amazing and incredible! I'm so happy the kids will be able to do the Pirate Experience and that you won't have to worry about the cost of it. What an amazing gift from the Big Give!

woohoooo!~ Thats so awesome!!

That is so sweet of some incredible Dis'er who ever you are!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301152

Thanks pipersmom!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #173
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for 8 days!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #174
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Only 1 more week! How exciting!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #175
chrissid7
Mouseketeer

1 week!!!

I am so excited!!!!
Lets pack some stuff today woohoo!!

Oh wait, im not going with you...

1 week

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301152

Thanks pipersmom!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #176
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When I did the online check in...hubby just couldn't understand why I was so happy!!!
:b anana:

Congratulations!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 11-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #177
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Help! I need advice and help! When we went on our previous trip, we did not purchase souvenirs since we thought we would get them this trip. Tyler received his box from his Wish volunteer today. It had an adult S Dream Factory shirt, a Disney Lends a Hand Genie hat, a book about Disney cruises?, a disposable camera, a Dream Factory draw string bag and an itinerary. I guess I assumed, which I should not have done that there would be some sort of expense check to cover tips at restaurants and checked baggage. However, it is not in the box. I just don't understand. We will find a way to make this work, but I am just so disappointed. I know I should not be. I really am grateful for everything the Dream Factory has done to make Tyler's Wish. There is also nothing in the package about meeting Stitch, which is Tyler's whole wish so I am glad I booked the breakfast I did. I am sorry, I know I am upset over nothing, but I am just so let down! I did email his Wish volunteer to ask her if I should call the airline to find out how much checked baggage was or if her travel coordinator had the rate list. I will see how she replies back.

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #178
maroo
DIS Veteran

UH.....

There was no expense check?

I would call them and make sure it wasn't misplaced? I have never heard of that?

I guess you are on the Dining plan...right? Did you get Free Dining? That covers most meals? But still...

ETA: Nevermind...I think the question you asked her is PERFECT.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #179
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
UH.....

There was no expense check?

I would call them and make sure it wasn't misplaced? I have never heard of that?

I guess you are on the Dining plan...right? Did you get Free Dining? That covers most meals? But still...

ETA: Nevermind...I think the question you asked her is PERFECT.
There is no expense check! I guess they figured since we were on the dining plan that we did not need it. My response that I received about the checked bags was: "My husband and I just flew to Salt Lake last week on Delta and it cost us $40 for two checked bags. So be prepared.
Have a great time and please call me when you get back and let me know how Tyler got along."
I guess we are on our own for tips that the dining plan does not cover. I should not have expected a check, but I did. Now, I need to re-think some plans and try to make Tyler's trip perfect for him!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #180
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

hmmmmmmmm. Did they ever talk about an expense check during your previous conversations? I only say that because our MAW rep mentioned it right away.................that they wouldn't be getting us tickets to the MVMCP or character breakfasts or ANYTHING but that the check we would get would cover any of those little extras plus baggage check, tips lunch in the park etc. Even if she hadn't actually said it though I'd heard others talk about them so much I would've 'expected' it too.

Sorry for the disappointment. I get it. Your appreciative of all they've done but disappointed because you really thought it was coming....and probably already had it spent.

Regroup and refocus. You'll make it work

Enjoy the final days of planning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: