Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #151
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

Hi, I finally got all caught up on your PTR and got some wonderful ideas for our DFN's. I hope you are all doing better soon. All this stuff going around is horrible. Congrats on all your Big Gift goodies their all so wonderful.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #152
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments. The weighted blankets are really a life saver! I want to reply to each of you, but I am still under the weather. I took 13 girls camping this weekend. The weather was in the mid 70's! It can and often does snow this time of year here so it was a great surprise. Today it is 59 and raining! Breanna came down with this crud at about 2 am on Saturday morning. As soon as everyone was up I called my husband and had him come to camp to pick her up. I had to stay with the other girls. I think maybe staying in bed would have been a better plan. The girls loved the trip and on Sunday morning a second girl in my troop came down with a fever! : scared1: I guess they will now all be sick soon. I took Bre to the doctor today and her symptoms are a lot less severe than what the rest of the family had, but maybe that is why she resisted it so long. She seems to be doing much better today while mine has settled into my lungs. The doctor said that her husband had the same thing and his lasted three weeks. I cannot survive another week and a half of this stuff. I need to be better now!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #153
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Tyler went back to school today after missing all of last week. He received a package on Saturday and my husband made him wait until I got back from the camping trip to open it. It is from Wendy! Thank you so much!

He loves it! It is so cute. I have tried to get him to try it on, but he was tired yesterday. Then today when he came home from school, he had some lunch and then fell asleep while I was changing his diaper. I guess he is still pretty worn out!

Hopefully, we will all be feeling better soon!

Here is an extra bonus photo:

Hayley took Tyler’s Baa-Baa and his blanket and fell asleep on the couch with them. Tyler found her about a half an hour later and instead of being mad, he just kissed her on the head and laid another blanket of his on her. It was too cute!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #154
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Tyler went back to school today after missing all of last week. He received a package on Saturday and my husband made him wait until I got back from the camping trip to open it. It is from Wendy! Thank you so much!

He loves it! It is so cute. I have tried to get him to try it on, but he was tired yesterday. Then today when he came home from school, he had some lunch and then fell asleep while I was changing his diaper. I guess he is still pretty worn out!

Hopefully, we will all be feeling better soon!

Hayley took Tyler’s Baa-Baa and his blanket and fell asleep on the couch with them. Tyler found her about a half an hour later and instead of being mad, he just kissed her on the head and laid another blanket of his on her. It was too cute!

Awww - poor little guy is getting back on track - I can certainly wait for a picture of that cute little boy!! Sounds like he loves his little sis too!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #155
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love the photo of Tyler riiiiippppppping it out of the package! He looks so excited, and for good reason! Wendy did an amazing job on the overalls!

Awww. . . a little sleeping beauty!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #157
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Wendy, I tried my best and here is how the photos came out. He is being cheesy today!

Then there are a couple new trip planning developments. I received an email from the Dream Factory’s travel planner to let me know that Tyler’s, Aaron’s and Breanna’s flight had been changed. Apparently this did not set off a red flag with her as it did with me. They moved three of my family members to another flight! I contacted Delta and after 32 minutes on the phone with them we are all on the same flight again. However, we are now seated in 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A. Does anyone else see a problem with this? I am not worried about it. I know that the flight attendants will put us all back together once we are on the plane. The part that had me worried was that the first flight that they moved them off of only had 7 open seats when I pulled it up. Now, according to this new Delta representative all of our parties travel arrangements on Delta area all tied together and they cannot move one of us without moving all of us. I did not need that extra little scare right now.

I also came across some good news. I am trying to wait to make a final decision to see if we are given any expense money from our Wish organization or not. Disney is offering a discount on its pirate packages for resort guests. The package is half of list price so the most basic Pirate’s league package would be $25. I would need to let at least both Tyler and Breanna become pirates. Here is what it includes:

There are 3 packages available - each includes a sword and sheath, earring and eye patch, tattoo, pirate coin necklace, map case folder, and a personalized pirate oath!
The First Mate Package at $49.95 plus tax also includes:
• Bandana (reversible)
• Choice of Facial Effect look: Cursed Pirate, Captain Hook or Captain Jack
• Fake Teeth
• One (1) 5x7 picture

What do you think? Should I try to get appointments?

Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #158
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]Wendy, I tried my best and here is how the photos came out. He is being cheesy today!

He looks ADORABLE!! Im so glad that they fit!!

And for the other person that mentioned it - Im ashamed to say that they are store bought!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #159
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Thank you to each and every member of the Big Give Family!

I am simply overwhelmed with your talent and generosity. Just when I thought that the mail would go back to being normal mail another package arrived! The return address just says, “Engler” so I do not know your first name or Disname. Hayley is in heaven! She loves Tinkerbell. I cannot get the outfit off of her!

Tyler started to open the package and immediately turned to Hayley and said, “Baby” as he handed it to her. He now either calls her baby or by her middle name. He can’t seem to pronounce Hayley yet.

Hayley discovers it is Tinkerbell!

Then she wants to show off her new outfit!

Then Tyler wanted more pictures taken of him too, but he keeps closing his eyes!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #160
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Okay, I don't know how I got so behind on your TR! Stop posting so much..lol. Seriously though, the outfits are too cute. Eek! At the flight arrangements, so glad you got it worked out. The pirate league packages sound like fun..if you think the kids would enjoy it, I would say go for it, esp with the price cut. Your trip is sooooo close, hooray!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #161
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

how in the world did you not freak out with that phone call? I would have flipped! I'm so happy to hear you got it all straightened out. Although, if you think about it . . . would being on a separate flight from your DH and kids really be that bad

The newest Big Give package is just as adorable as the rest of them. "Baby" looks adorable in Tink couture!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #162
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Thank you again for all of the compliments! As for staying calm over the flight problem, I guess after dealing with everything I have with Tyler for the past four years I have learned to take one small step at a time. I have faith that things will work out the way they are meant to work out. I can't believe our trip is 10 days away!

Now for a little update:

I talked over the Pirate's League last night with my husband and he wanted to know everything that it included so I showed him the site. He told me that if I did it for Tyler then Bre would want to go to the BBB, but I explained that she could be a pirate too and that would make her just as happy.

So, this morning I opened up Dis and there was a special email. A wonderful Dismember wants to pay for their First Mate packages as part of the Big Give! I could not believe what I had read. Due to the great promotion, I pay one price and get two kids made up instead of one! We are going on Sunday the 22nd!

First we will have breakfast with Stitch at 8:20 am and then they will become pirates at 10:40 am. Then sometime that day we will include naps in the picture. The Magic Kingdom is open until 3 am that night! We will not be staying that long, but if they take naps and swim in the afternoon, then we might stay a little later in the evening!

Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #163
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi!
Just getting a chance to catch up now, I've missed so much, but we're all sick here, too. Hope you and your crew are feeling better?

Love all the new outfits and things for the kids! How cute are all these outfits?!! Adorable!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about the pirate adventure and BBB, how fun!!!!!! Looks like things are coming together!!! Are you starting to pack?!!

Hope you're well!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #164
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

So awesome about the pirate league for the kids! Breakfast with Stitch sounds fun, can't wait to see how it goes. You all are sooooo close..
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #165
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi!
Just getting a chance to catch up now, I've missed so much, but we're all sick here, too. Hope you and your crew are feeling better?

Love all the new outfits and things for the kids! How cute are all these outfits?!! Adorable!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about the pirate adventure and BBB, how fun!!!!!! Looks like things are coming together!!! Are you starting to pack?!!

Hope you're well!!!!
Aaron is doing much better, but still has a cough. Tyler and Hayley are great! Breanna has been home sick from school the past two days. I wish I could say I am better, but I am getting worse. I think it is now in my lungs. If I do not feel a lot better by Friday I will go back to the doctor again. I think it is hard being a mom and trying to get better since you have to take care of everyone else and never get to rest. I still would not trade my mom job for any other job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
So awesome about the pirate league for the kids! Breakfast with Stitch sounds fun, can't wait to see how it goes. You all are sooooo close..
I think Tyler will love having breakfast with Stitch! Then Tyler and Breanna will be transformed into scary pirates. I will have to try to get a picture of Tyler doing his sign language sign for pirate. The real sign was too hard for him to do, so he made up his own!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: