Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #106
GemmaPixie
Proud Redhead
Obsessed with Peter Crouch!!

Might be a stupid question...but what is a 'soft opening'? Is it only where AP holders can ride? x

GemmaPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #107
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaPixie View Post
Might be a stupid question...but what is a 'soft opening'? Is it only where AP holders can ride? x
Soft opening are where the have random times before the grand opening where they will open the ride for a few hours at a time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #108
cannonballer
Counting down to First anniversary and first visit to WDW!!!

Not sure about US but most parks will tell you when you get there if you beg for the info hard enough. You may have to be sly with questions like "when is it not going to be running today?" that way the ride ops or workers there dont feel like their breaking rules by giving out info their not suppose to. BUT AGAIN I dont know how the people who work at US do things.

Check out my Park review blog http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/
cannonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #109
Pooh Fan
Mouseketeer

DD is so lucky!!! HEr Best friend invited her to go with her family, so she will be there July 5-9. Hopefully they will get to use their FOTL. If not, I will definitely tell them to ride it as soon as they arrive at the park in the morning. I can only imagine the lines! At least I know they will have the FOTL when I go in December. I can't wait to ride it.
Pooh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #110
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

At least one train is on the track as of last night. TPR has a picture of a train in the station on the transfer track.

http://*************************/forum...asc&start=1220

Trip Report: Trip Report!!! Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
NashvilleTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #111
stlrod
DIS Veteran

I could really use some advice here. This will be our first trip to Universal w/o staying onsite. I had considered switching my 7/2-7/4 stay at the JW to the RPR but to get a decent rate, I would need to buy an AP for what would probably only be the one-day trip we had planned (which will be 7/3.) Now that it looks as if HRR might open on 7/3, I'm not sure it would be helpful to have FOTL access that day and imagine things will be crazy at both parks. The rest of the week we are staying at Disney. How likely is it they will have an Express Pass line set up mid-week (or even on the 3rd) based on prior ride openings? Would it be better for us to just go to Universal mid-week and buy the express passes? If we want to go to both parks, which park should we buy the express passes for? (I'm thinking get the express passes for IofA and just plan on arriving early for Universal.) Any advice would be helpful.
stlrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #112
mjones73
DIS Veteran

Keeping my fingers cross, gonna be in the area June 14th-26th, lets hope it opens a little early.
mjones73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #113
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrod View Post
I could really use some advice here. This will be our first trip to Universal w/o staying onsite. I had considered switching my 7/2-7/4 stay at the JW to the RPR but to get a decent rate, I would need to buy an AP for what would probably only be the one-day trip we had planned (which will be 7/3.) Now that it looks as if HRR might open on 7/3, I'm not sure it would be helpful to have FOTL access that day and imagine things will be crazy at both parks. The rest of the week we are staying at Disney. How likely is it they will have an Express Pass line set up mid-week (or even on the 3rd) based on prior ride openings? Would it be better for us to just go to Universal mid-week and buy the express passes? If we want to go to both parks, which park should we buy the express passes for? (I'm thinking get the express passes for IofA and just plan on arriving early for Universal.) Any advice would be helpful.
Based on what happened with The Simpsons, I doubt the Express line will be set up until a couple of weeks after opening...it's just a guess though.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #114
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Based on what happened with The Simpsons, I doubt the Express line will be set up until a couple of weeks after opening...it's just a guess though.
2 weeks!!!

You would think that after a delayed opening and one of the busiest time of the year they would sell out on express passes. I hope they atleast have it open for hotel guests or something special for AP holders.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #115
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
2 weeks!!!

You would think that after a delayed opening and one of the busiest time of the year they would sell out on express passes. I hope they atleast have it open for hotel guests or something special for AP holders.
Theoretically the passholder preview will have already been done by the grand opening date. I'm sure they want to let as many people ride it as possible. The onsite guests would probably ride it over and over therefore not allowing others the same chance. Ordinarily it wouldn't be much of a concern but there will be LOTS of people wanting to ride the HR3...and remember...this is just a guess. I don't know what is going to happen.

Last edited by Metro West; 05-12-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #116
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Theoretically the passholder preview will have already been done by the grand opening date I'm sure they want to let as many people ride it as possible. The onsite guests would probably ride it over and over therefore not allowing others the same chance. Ordinarily it wouldn't be much of a concern but there will be LOTS of people wanting to ride the HR3...and remember...this is just a guess. I don't know what is going to happen.
Sounds like a good guess to me and its a shame I will have to wait til next year to ride it
Old 05-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #117
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I wonder if they'll do something like SeaWorld is doing with Manta. I was poking around their QuickQueue info, and Manta is currently included but only for one ride vs. unlimited like the other attractions.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #118
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
I wonder if they'll do something like SeaWorld is doing with Manta. I was poking around their QuickQueue info, and Manta is currently included but only for one ride vs. unlimited like the other attractions.
I don't know but passholders can ride Manta from 8-9am everyday starting May 26th through June 30th...that's an hour earlier than the park opens. I'll have to do it one weekend.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #119
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I've managed to delay DH from getting a SW AP till the media event. If we do that and it turns out to be as great as it sounds from the early reports, then I promised him we'll get passes so we'll be there taking advantage of those mornings for sure.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #120
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

The color scheme on the trains look awesome. You can also see what I assume is the back-side of the video screen projecting from the lapbar restraint.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/...&postcount=838

EXCITING STUFF!

Trip Report: Trip Report!!! Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
NashvilleTrio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: