Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #61
LilMommyBug
Is Definitely a Redhead
Loves Both Disney World and Universal
Just wanted to throw in my 2 centsI LOVE the ET smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballer View Post
Its going to be like Mystery mine at Dollywood but LESS freaky becuase it isnt as themed (roick grinders, lightnin, crows etc.) but it will still be cool!
Yes, that is an awesome lift. I am by no means a coaster fan, but I love Mystery Mine.

May 2014: Hard Rock Hotel
LilMommyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #62
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

All these new pictures give me fuzzy happy feelings inside!
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

Ya know what that lift hill reminds me of? Anyone remember the old ride that they used to have at state fairs and such where you went stright up on your back like that in the center, then came out and went back down to the bottom on a spiral track? I don't know if I'm describing it clearly, but it was really cool to be laying on your back as you ratcheted upwards. I imagine RRR will be much quicker/smoother.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #64
daddy's girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly32837 View Post
While they were not working on the lift hill; the loading area has made much progress.

I just now saw on the internet that they put up the lift hill!
daddy's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #65
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
Ya know what that lift hill reminds me of? Anyone remember the old ride that they used to have at state fairs and such where you went stright up on your back like that in the center, then came out and went back down to the bottom on a spiral track? I don't know if I'm describing it clearly, but it was really cool to be laying on your back as you ratcheted upwards. I imagine RRR will be much quicker/smoother.
I remember which ride you're talking about Barb...I was always afraid of our local carnivals...some of the rides looked scary for real.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #66
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I remember that ride well,what i remember most was how I was 12 years old and 110 pounds or something like that and it was so incredibly tight and uncomfortable in that seat.I can't imagine many adults fitting in that ride,it was also rough as could be.I'm sure RRR will be a nicer more comfy ride.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #67
LilMommyBug
Is Definitely a Redhead
Loves Both Disney World and Universal
Just wanted to throw in my 2 centsI LOVE the ET smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I remember which ride you're talking about Barb...I was always afraid of our local carnivals...some of the rides looked scary for real.

Yeah, I haven't been to a carnival/fair since I was small. I saw a Dateline special on carnival rides & how halfassedly they are put up.

May 2014: Hard Rock Hotel
LilMommyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #68
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMommyBug View Post
Yeah, I haven't been to a carnival/fair since I was small. I saw a Dateline special on carnival rides & how halfassedly they are put up.
And those carnies can be downright sadistic too. I remember when I went to one of those local not-even-a-step-up-from-a-carnival type local amusement parks with a friend (we were freshmen in high school) and we asked the carny running the Zipper if it was tame. Amazingly, we'd never seen it before and it looks kinda tame when it's not running. He said, "Oh yes, yes," so we got on and quickly discovered the truth. The place was nearly deserted, so he left that sucker running for what felt like an eternity while we were screaming and yelling at him to stop. Thankfully we were actually pretty durable and were really having a good time, but it would have been a mess if we really were chicken!

Then there was the time DH, me, and two of my nieces were riding a carnival tilt--whirl in Wisconsin. Three of us were immune, but but one of the nieces turned out to be a ride wimp. We were the only ones there, so the carny let it run a looooooooooong time, and of course the three of us yelling "More! More!" drowned up my suffering niece's screams. She was literally green when we got off, and the poor carny actually felt bad but the rest of us were snickering like the cruel souls we are...my family takes Darwinism seriously, even among its own members.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #69
dragonfly32837
Mouseketeer

What I am hearing is that they should begin cycle testing within the next two weeks. Lets just hope that this is not delayed as well.
dragonfly32837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #70
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Then there was the time DH, me, and two of my nieces were riding a carnival tilt--whirl in Wisconsin. Three of us were immune, but but one of the nieces turned out to be a ride wimp. We were the only ones there, so the carny let it run a looooooooooong time, and of course the three of us yelling "More! More!" drowned up my suffering niece's screams. She was literally green when we got off, and the poor carny actually felt bad but the rest of us were snickering like the cruel souls we are...my family takes Darwinism seriously, even among its own members.
You are an evil woman...that sounds like something I would do too!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #71
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly32837 View Post
What I am hearing is that they should begin cycle testing within the next two weeks. Lets just hope that this is not delayed as well.
I so hope this is true as i really want to ride it during our trip July 4th week! Thanks for the info!!

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #72
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhappy View Post
I so hope this is true as i really want to ride it during our trip July 4th week! Thanks for the info!!
I'm going on 6th July - and I hope to lordy they'll be having FOTL access for this bad boy!
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #73
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent_man View Post
I'm going on 6th July - and I hope to lordy they'll be having FOTL access for this bad boy!
I hope so, we are going July 3-10 staying at RPR.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #74
emile
Earning My Ears

I watched a video at youtube.com
and it had a video that had workers putting up the last piece of the track of Rip Ride Rockit!

All they have to do is put up the cart and to the safety test... AND IT'S DONE!

-daddy's girl
emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #75
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

to incognito:

RUEBEN...... RUEBEN

not to get back to the subject....

one of the rides at the six flags in gurnee, il has that climb up where you are vertical for part of the ride.

oh, i loves it.........

i know hr3 will have that same sensation....

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: