Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
denisegold
Mouseketeer

buy tickets online or AAA?

Hello-

My question of the day:

I can buy two 2park/2day tickets from AAA for $95 each (plus tax),

or I can but the same tickets from the Universal Website for $94.99.
but that comes with a $150 savings booklet of some kind. Almost 6 of one, half a dozen of the other- so my question- has anyone got one of the savings booklets, and were any of the savings/coupons worth while? (they really don't tell you much on the website). And where do you pick up/get the booklet?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
denisegold
Mouseketeer

I did find some older threads on here with info on this coupon booklet- it seems to list a lot of 10% off meals (I thought with AAA you could get 10% meals anyway?)

And how can they say "$150 in savings" if it's mostly percent off coupons? Maybe the booklet has been updated since the posts on here?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisegold View Post
I can buy two 2park/2day tickets from AAA for $95 each (plus tax), or I can but the same tickets from the Universal Website for $94.99. but that comes with a $150 savings booklet of some kind. Almost 6 of one, half a dozen of the other- so my question- has anyone got one of the savings booklets, and were any of the savings/coupons worth while? (they really don't tell you much on the website). And where do you pick up/get the booklet?
Yes...you can purchase the same tickets online but...there is a two day advance purchase rule on these tickets. The tickets must be purchased at least two days prior to using them.

Quote:
I did find some older threads on here with info on this coupon booklet- it seems to list a lot of 10% off meals (I thought with AAA you could get 10% meals anyway?)

And how can they say "$150 in savings" if it's mostly percent off coupons? Maybe the booklet has been updated since the posts on here?
I think most people who have received the coupon book before didn't make much use of it. You can get the same discounts with AAA...just make sure you show the card everywhere you can.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
amery
I suffer from Griswalditus

For our last visit (Dec 07), we bought our tix through US online and did get the booklet which you get when you redeem your vouchers for actual tickets at the gate.

As I recall, there were a number of coupons for various merchants including restaurants and some entertainment venues. Since you are already a AAA member, you can stroll into any local office, show your card which they will swipe and then hand you every current guidebook which I believe will also include some coupons. There may be some replication but you could also expand your options too.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
TIGGERGUY
Mouseketeer

There is still the season pass good til the end of the year with minor date restrictions on sale for $96.95 over at AAA. Instead of two days you get the rest of the year.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
denisegold
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGERGUY View Post
There is still the season pass good til the end of the year with minor date restrictions on sale for $96.95 over at AAA. Instead of two days you get the rest of the year.
Is that only in Georgia, or all AAA locations? (we do go to Florida 2 or 3 times a year, but I live in Mass.) TIA!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Is that only in Georgia, or all AAA locations? (we do go to Florida 2 or 3 times a year, but I live in Mass.) TIA!
That pass is only sold in Georgia and Florida. But you can purchase it once you are in Florida.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #8
denisegold
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
That pass is only sold in Georgia and Florida. But you can purchase it once you are in Florida.
hey, that is a great tip. Thanks you so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: