Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
NuttyDisneyMom
Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visit as often as possible!

Trip Report 4/9 - 4/18

Our cast consisted of DH, myself, DS (17), DD(14), and DD(6). Stayed offsite at 2 seperate timeshares. One was a freebie and the other was a gift stay from a friend. This was DH first family trip to WDW! DS and DD14 had not been since 2000 and did not remember much of anything since we only went to MK. DD6 has been each year since 2007 with me and DM.

Here are some pics to acquaint you with us!

DS17, DD14, DD6

Me & DH

I'm sitting in our resort today, resting and nursing a bad cough and cold that I acquired just last night, while DH and children are enjoying the pool. We leave tomorrow morning for our 10 hour car ride home to VA Beach.

Day 1, 4/9
We arrived! Albeit it was 5pm. We didn't get into our room until 6 and were pooped! Went over to SOG to get our park tickets and had dinner. Got to bed early for an early start on Day 2. This was our 3 night freebie resort and it was absolutely GORGEOUS!

Day 2, 4/10
Was supposed to be AK, but the kids wanted to do EP. None of us had ever been to Epcot! All the years I lived there, never went because everyone said there was nothing to do! WRONG!!!! Arrived a little bit after 9am and waited in line to get our tickets "activated". What a waste of time! Couldn't understand why using the ticket on your 1st day wouldn't activate the card. Took the kids to do some pin trading while DH got the cards all set. Finally through the gates at 9:30 and off to get the stroller. NO LINE!!! WOW! Headed right for Soarin' and already a 90 min wait, so got FP's. Went ahead and did Nemo ride. Too cute! Stayed and played in the Living Seas area for a bit and got some great pics. Off to MS! Line was 10 min wait Loved it! Especially DD6. Sent the video emails and decided to head for TT! Wait was over an hour so FP'ed that one too Had some time to kill before Soarin' FP return so went to check out some WS. Started in Mexico with a Margarita YUM! IT was so strong too! Well worth the $9 Over to Norway for some snacks at Kringla and found our new favorite treat...SCHOOL BREAD!!! That stuff is so addicting as you'll see in this report. Rode Maelstrom and loved it. Wait was about 10 mins. Everyone loved it, just wished it was a longer ride. Off to China for Eggrolls and Potstickers! Yummy again! Hung out for a bit in China waiting for the older to kiddos to do some KP missions. They ended up giving up after one since they take up quite a bit of time in the same country. Walked over to Japan for Kaki Gori...YUMMY!!! Caught the boat to the other side of WS to gear up for our Soarin' FP time. Did LWTL and absolutely LOVED the tour, especially the greenhouses, just AWESOME! Finally time for Soarin'!!! It was FABULOUS to say the least! Definately my new favorite The boys wanted to play on the Segways, so off they went while the girls and I did Circle of Life show. Cute and very relaxing! Got back with the boys and hopped to MK for dinner at Casey's. MK was so packed!!! Thank goodness we were only going down Main Street! Dinner was great and we got to sit and watch the old cartoons in the corner which DD6 loved! Passed by the confectionary for some fudge on the way out.: Back to EP for our TT FP time. DD6 was so scared, but it ended up being her favorite new ride! We were pretty burnt as it was almost 8pm so decided to call it a night. Hit MS one more time on the way out because there was NO LINE All in all it was a GREAT 1st day in the parks and a great 1st time at EP!

DD6 enjoying her Casey's dog and the cartoons

My girls being swallowed by Bruce

This is on the wall in the que while for Living with the Land. Loved the sentiment!

What Kaki Gori does to your tounge!

China

Going to try to head out to the pool with the family for the last bit of fun in the FL sun! Even tho I'm not feeling 100%, still want to be with them. To be continued....

Last edited by NuttyDisneyMom; 04-22-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added photos
Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
LydVader
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I'm excited to read the rest of your trip report. .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
NuttyDisneyMom

Came home last night...and me and DD6 are sick with chest colds....rest of the report is coming soon...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Eastern
DIS Veteran

We returned Saturday and my DH also came home with a terrible chest cold.

Hope you feel better.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
GoingtoSeeRella
Mouseketeer

We just got home on Saturday too...love reading trip reports from people who were there the same time!
1999 - Dixie Landings
2000 - CBR
2005 - All Star Sports
2006 - CR
2008 - POR
2009 - POR
2013 - CBR 20 days and counting!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
lynn71092
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
mill4023
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to the rest of the report too.
I'm thinking about an Easter week trip next year, but all the horror stories have me scared. So I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who was there.
September, 2007 - Pop Century
June, 2011 - Indian Creek Villa

Fun family games for a road trip

The 9 best iPhone apps for a road trip
Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
NuttyDisneyMom

Day 3
Today was Sea World and it was mobbed!!! I wanted to keep us away from WDW parks Easter weekend, as I felt they would be too too crowded and really at 10's. I must say I was disappointed that Sea World is SOOOO expensive now! You have to pay for EVERYTHING as extra We did have a good time though, so I can't complain.

Day 4 (Easter Sunday)
Ahhhh....a day of rest with Easter Dinner planned at OHana Did alot of swimming once we checked into the new resort Off site and beautiful!!! We left the condo about 7pm so we could get to the Poly and shop a little, plus we were going to catch the Electric Water Parade on the beach at 9. We got there and I check us in for dinner at 8pm, though our ADR's were for 9:45pm. Glad I did!!! They were PACKED and the hostess said they were running 30 mins behind! Went down to the beach and let the kids play in the sand. It was a BEAUTIFUL night in Orlando, that's for sure The EWP was nice and lasted about 20 mins. We headed back upstairs to Ohana right after....and our pager was buzzing! They seated us 20 mins early! They even sat us by the window with a perfect view of the Castle! Our dinner was phenomenal and is now a must do on every trip! They start you with the salad with honey-lime dressing....YUM!...our "cousin" even gave me the receipe Then they bring out the ginger teriyaki chicken wings and fried potstickers....again...delicious! Then comes the broccoli and snow peas along with the lomein...YUMMY!!! Just about the time the meats started coming around, Wishes started and they pipe in the music. Talk about feeling like you're on cloud nine! We all we swept away by the magic, that's for sure! The meats were fabulous...moist and flavorful! The boys liked the steak and pork best, and me and DD14 loved the shrimp and turkey. DD6 hadn't been feeling well all day so our "cousin" brought her chicken nuggets and fries to see if she'd even eat, which she didn't. She even tried ice cream (her favorite) and she didn't eat that! I knew she really didn't feel well at that point. She climbed into my lap and fell asleep after wishes was over. Then came the dessert! HOLY MOLY it was huge! If someone tells me how to post pics, I'll be more than happy to!!!! The boys don't like the texture of bread pudding, so our cousin brought them vanilla ice cream with the banana foster sauce and they were in heaven! Anything we asked for we got right away, hot and delicious! This was by far the best family meal we ever had! We left Ohana around 11pm, stuffed and with that magical disney glow!!!

EWP from the beach at the Poly. Sorry it's so blurry!

DD14(Alex) wrote this in the sand at the Poly. Thought it was adorable!

Told you they loved Ohana!

She was ZONKED! She only woke up once and said, "Mommy, what color is the castle?"

Best dessert EVER!!!

Full and happy! We will be back EVERY trip!

Off to get my DD6 from school. Next up is day 5 at MK....stay tuned!

Last edited by NuttyDisneyMom; 04-21-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
NuttyDisneyMom

I figured out how to post pics

I am uploading them all now...stay tuned! I'll edit each post so I can post the appropriate pics there
Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #10
NuttyDisneyMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
We returned Saturday and my DH also came home with a terrible chest cold.

Hope you feel better.
Thanks Hope your DH feels better too!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
NuttyDisneyMom

Ok got some pics up! More to come

Last edited by NuttyDisneyMom; 04-22-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
sviner
Earning My Ears

Looks like fun.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #13
NuttyDisneyMom

Welcome to everyone and thanks for reading
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
NuttyDisneyMom

More Photos of Days 2 at Epcot

...since I finally figured out how to post pics

Sodas at Club Cool. Germany, Mexico and Japan were good! Stay away from Italy!!!

The kids outside Nemo and Friends in EP
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #15
NuttyDisneyMom

Sea World...Day 3

Leafy Sea Dragon. These things were really neat!

She is obessed with Punch Buggies so this was perfect!

And DH is obsessed with NASCAR!

Feeding the dolphins

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: