Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #226
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
There should be a rule about snow after March:

Excursion question. We have been to St Thomas several times and have decided to do St John this time. If you had to decide between Trunk Bay and Honeymoon which would you choose. Is snorkeling better at one than the other. I don't like water very much but like the beach so I figured I could enjoy the beach while DH and DD snorkel.
I've been to Trunk Bay twice. I've never been to Honeymoon or Cinnamon Bay.

We were going to try and head over to Trunk Bay on our own because Grace is too young for DCL's tour. Wanna share a cab/ferry?

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 04-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #227
WV Space Monkey
Cabana Boy

Holy Cow... I cant keep up with you people. I thought I finaly caught up on the forum and then I saw the link to the new thread.... and 16 pages later, I made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess123 View Post
For those that live in Houston – I am also Houston (well, actually Katy) person…..
I'm another Houstonian, live just down the street from Monica, even though I never see her around here, usually bump into her at DL or somewhere far away.

I dont know how people with kids can keep track of their lives, I respect all of you. I was doing well for the longest time, juggling everything that was going on, even through the hurricane and recovery efforts... Now I'm losing ground, our house is getting all cluttered up, there are partially finished jobs sitting around all over the place, we still have facia damage on the house from Ike... I swear theres not enough time in a day... or too much time at work. I think I need a vacation
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #228
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Space Monkey View Post

I'm another Houstonian, live just down the street from Monica, even though I never see her around here, usually bump into her at DL or somewhere far away.

I dont know how people with kids can keep track of their lives, I respect all of you. I was doing well for the longest time, juggling everything that was going on, even through the hurricane and recovery efforts... Now I'm losing ground, our house is getting all cluttered up, there are partially finished jobs sitting around all over the place, we still have facia damage on the house from Ike... I swear theres not enough time in a day... or too much time at work. I think I need a vacation

Jeez - it's not like you're sitting around at work twiddling your thumbs - you're taking care of our astronauts!!! Notice how I've never told you exactly where I live - you're risking your life if you stop by unannounced. Chasing after the kids is a great excuse for the condition of the house and the yard I hate cleaning and yard work - so, those will always get a low priority!

I know a 14 year old boy who is perfect for outdoor slave labor like lawn mowing around the yard
Old 04-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #229
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

Quote:
There should be a rule about snow after March:

Excursion question. We have been to St Thomas several times and have decided to do St John this time. If you had to decide between Trunk Bay and Honeymoon which would you choose. Is snorkeling better at one than the other. I don't like water very much but like the beach so I figured I could enjoy the beach while DH and DD snorkel.

Hi Susan......Same thing here, we've been to St. Thomas a few times and I thought the kids would really enjoy Trunk Bay. I'm doing the excursion through DCL because traveling without DH I just don't want to deal with possible problems. If you decide on Trunk Bay and we are there at the same time, I'll hang out with you while my two snorkel. it will be fun.

Shirley
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02, 1/15 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~~ Dolphin 12/13 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #230
Macavity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
More like leave boat screaming and kicking. But we are going to WDW after.
Hey, at least he does not have to be the first one off LOL! Has he thought of that yet????
Old 04-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #231
Macavity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
It's snowing, not a lot, but still....
80 degrees here in Katy Texas......
Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #232
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
I've been to Trunk Bay twice. I've never been to Honeymoon or Cinnamon Bay.

We were going to try and head over to Trunk Bay on our own because Grace is too young for DCL's tour. Wanna share a cab/ferry?
That is crazy that they don't allow children under 5. I guess the boat operators are the ones that determine that. We booked the excursion through DCL maybe we'll see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld View Post
Hi Susan......Same thing here, we've been to St. Thomas a few times and I thought the kids would really enjoy Trunk Bay. I'm doing the excursion through DCL because traveling without DH I just don't want to deal with possible problems. If you decide on Trunk Bay and we are there at the same time, I'll hang out with you while my two snorkel. it will be fun.

Shirley
We are on the 8:15 departure for Trunk Bay. Is yours the same? Would love the company.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #233
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
80 degrees here in Katy Texas......
I'm so jealous : We should be there (80) by Saturday I hope.

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #234
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
It's snowing, not a lot, but still....
It was a cool day here today - only 97....

Yesterday it was 112!

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 04-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #235
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
It was a cool day here today - only 97....

Yesterday it was 112!
I think I'd take the snow over that. I'm guessing you get used to it.

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #236
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I'd take the snow over that. I'm guessing you get used to it.
Sort of. In Dec and Jan, the nights drop down into the high 60s. In the morning when it's only up to the high 70s the girls won't go outside without a sweater. The locals are wearing parkas, scarves and knit caps. Seriously.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #237
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Space Monkey View Post
Holy Cow... I cant keep up with you people. I thought I finaly caught up on the forum and then I saw the link to the new thread.... and 16 pages later, I made it.

What a coincidence! Isn't it a good thing we'll be sailing in LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!!!!!!

Thank you Nancy for updating the names.

Snow or 97 degrees??? What a choice!

Forgot to mention that we reserved High Tea for the first Sea Day and Palo for the last Sea Day. We also made a Brunch ressie for the last Sea Day, but they will probably cancel it when our Group Brunch goes through. Just wish we knew what day it would be.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #238
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Here's what we have reserved so far:

Saturday -
- Board early
- Get additional Flounders time
- lunch at Parrot Cay
- tour spa (maybe win a prize!!!)
- kids swim
- get settled

Sunday, Monday - no reservations
- we want to do some of the tastings but will need Flounders for those and we ran out of hours.
- we also thought that maybe one of these days would be our Palo group brunch
- And we want to make sure the kids are acclimated to the clubs and we get to know the ship, etc.
- Castaway Club meet & greet
- Isn't our cruise meet one of these days at 10am?

Tuesday -
- Dolphin encounter - we are still debating whether to try and do this on our own or with DCL. We made the ressies with DCL and got e-mail confirmation that DD2 can stay in Flounders. But the vendor said we could take her with us - so we're still debating.

Wednesday -
- We are going to head to Trunk Bay on our own unless something better opens up - but DCLs age restrictions are a problem for DD2.
- Palo dinner

Thursday -
- Palo Brunch (although this will probably be cancelled when our group brunch goes through. I too wish I knew when this would be.)
- Galley tour

Friday -
- Serenity Bay morning

Saturday -
- Sadly leave the best vacation ever!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #239
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

Our plans are:
Monday - Palo Dinner
Tuesday - A Day at the Baths
Wednesday - DH Golf at Mahogany Run, DS & I are still trying to get Sea Trek
Thursday - Palo Brunch
Friday - FUN, FUN, FUN at Castaway Cay
Saturday - hiding somewhere on the ship
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #240
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

Dang! I just remembered we could now book our flight seat assignments. We had no issues however our niece and her 2 kids are going to WDW with us. They are going to have problems. The flight from Milwaukee to Memphis is no problem but Memphis to Orlando is. We took the last 3 seats together and they are the very last row on the plane. We would split up so she can be with her kids if we need to but what a pain. I'm not a fan of Northwest but our preferred airline, Midwest, quit flying to Orlando last year when fuel prices went up. Now, of course, they are going there again but we got tickets on NW instead.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: