Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #76
jspahn
Disney Bride October 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
I love those colors!! And the hydrangea bouquets are amazing.
Thank you so much - I am really pleased with the way its coming out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Sounds like you have stuff really comng together Jen!! I love love love all the BM dresses together, they look amazing!!! So perfect for yout colors/theme. And the favors are so cute!
Thanks Sam! Little by little it is getting there - of course only 50 days left
I saw you were getting nervous about being less than 6 months - just wait till its 6 weeks!!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #77
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspahn View Post
Thanks Sam! Little by little it is getting there - of course only 50 days left
I saw you were getting nervous about being less than 6 months - just wait till its 6 weeks!!
haha I cant imagine! But you seem to have all the big stuff together so I am so confident that your big day will be smooth sailing
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #78
jspahn

YAY!!! Our window clings are done, and so are the table names/cards!

Window Cling - this will go in everyone's welcome bag. We have like 20 something rooms at Coronado Springs, so this will let everyone know what room has wedding guets!

And table cards - in a 5x7 frame - all characters from The Little Mermaid

Old 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #79
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

those are awesome! Love the window clings, how did you make them, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #80
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

I was just going to ask the same thing lol! And how about the table names, did you just print them and mount them?

They look awesome Jen!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #81
jspahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
I was just going to ask the same thing lol! And how about the table names, did you just print them and mount them?

They look awesome Jen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
those are awesome! Love the window clings, how did you make them, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks ladies I am really pleased with how they turned out. Here is how I did both of them -

Table names - just printed on regular paper - graphic size 4x6. The we found the purple scrapbooking paper in Michaels on clearance - its actually embossed with little hearts too but you cant see it in the picture. We cut that to 5x7 and mounted the regular paper on to that, then popped it in the frame. Really easy. The hardest part was finding graphics of enough Little Mermaid characters!

Window Clings - I had saved this thread a while back, knowing I wanted to do the clings:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1887426

BUT the instructions in that thread didnt work out so well for me. I did use the same window cling paper (found it in Michaels) and I printed our design out using our inkjet printer. We did have to "flip" the design before printing. (we were using photoshop to create the clings).
But here is where we differ. The original instructions said to spray paint right over the design that was just printed. Well, we did that and the ink ran and blurred the text. It looked awful. Not sure what we did wrong!

SO, we came up with a better idea, that didnt involve spray paint at all. We bought full sheet mailing labels. So we printed out our clings on the window cling paper (again, reversing image) and then put the full sheet label right over what we had just printed. The brand we bought, the adhesive they use is a little grayish, so even though the mailing label itself is white, you are actually using the back of the mailing label (with the adhesive) as your background for the window cling. Then we just cut them down to the proper size. All our guests will have to do is peel off the protective coating from the front of the window cling and pop it in thier window.
Our test one is still hanging on our sliding glass door - been there over a week now, so it definitely sticks well!

Let me know if that doesnt make sense and I'll try to explain it better.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #82
jspahn

So just a quick update while I am stuck on a boring conference call...

we had our first dance lesson last night!!!!!!
We are using "Cant take my eyes off of you" by Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons. So its not the typical slow song.

We signed up for 4 weeks of private dance lessons at a nearby studio. Our instructor rachael heard the song and said the rhumba worked best for the beginning part, with a triple swing for the middle (fast) part of the song.

I have to admit, it was more fun than expected. Though it will take lots of practice for us to be able to dance without both of us muttering "slow, quick quick slow, quick quick slow" or "triple step, triple step, rock step" everytime we tried to talk to one another or our instructor said something we'd get off beat!

Still, for just our first lesson it went pretty well
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #83
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #84
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

how did i miss your dress!???

it is sooo princessy! i love it!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #85
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #86
jspahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!

how did i miss your dress!???

it is sooo princessy! i love it!!
Thanks Stacey! Feel free to "borrow" ideas - I've borrowed many from other dis brides!!

My first dress fitting is sunday!! I am so excited and slightly nervous (i couldnt zip it a couple months ago!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!
The window clings really werent hard - I am not the craftiest person either, but these were simple. I am sure you could do it Samantha! If not, I would be happy to do them for you after our wedding is over
Old 08-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #87
jspahn

Jewelry for the bridesmaids - I ordered these online - came out super cheap, like $11 per set!!!

I still dont know what i am wearing yet, but at least the girls are done!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #88
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

I really like your plans so far, the Litte Mermaid theme is cute. You and DFi look cute together

The window clings are awesome. You are so close now!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #89
CassIS300
Earning My Ears

Wink

I love those earrings! Very elegant! I wish I had my ears peirced but they wont heal not matter what metal I use.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #90
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I just caught up with your pj! I love all your plans. Your e-ring is gorgeous! And don't feel ashamed of having 5 cats, I had 3 by the time I was 22, so give me a few more years and I will have more than you! Your invitations turned out great! Your cake tasting pic's made me sooo hungry....what does almond and amaretto taste like?

If I could afford to have a wishes wedding, I think I would choose venue over photography as well. Not that I don't want good pictures, but to have the experience of being married in Epcot is worth gambling with photography IMHO. Plus, I am sure plenty of guests will be snapping away as well

I look forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: