Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #31
jspahn
Disney Bride October 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Hey there! Just found your PJ, wow you have so much done already! You guys make a great couple, love all the pics. Your wedding is coming up so soon, you must be super excited

And you TR, wow you guys did so much in such a short amount of time. We were in WDW at the same time btw, and I think we were at Epcot when you were Family of the Day (4/2 if my math is right lol)! Too bad we didn't run into each other That sounds like an awesome experience for sure! My Df and I wore our buttons all week too and we weren't Family of the Day but we did get to be Grand Marshals of the MK parade earlier that week, isn't it crazy what 2 little button can do lol! It was a good week for the DisBrides for sure lol!

I also love the cakes you picked, I bet the jade color will look amazing with your under the sea theme! Question, did you pre-pick the flavors of cake and icing at your PS or did they just bring out an assortment for you to try?

Can't wait to follow along with your plans
Hi Sam - I saw that you were Grand Marshals and was totally jealous
It definitely surprised me that our little buttons got us so much attention (especially when it seemed like half the people in the parks had buttons for something!)
Too bad we didnt know ahead of time you would be there - it would have been great to meet up with another DisBride in person!

For the cake tasting, we actually sent a list ahead of time because there were specific flavors we wanted to try that were not the standard ones. (ie. lemon cake instead of marble)
We had to send our list back to them a month ahead of time so the bakery could have them ready for our session. I am really glad we did because the lemon cake was sooooo good!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
mermaidbride1108
Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09

Jenn - That is so cool that you were picked! What an awesome experience!!!

I ahven't been on in awhile, been dealing with some family drama... But I had to write and said we were picking the same two cakes!!!! I will tell you though the first cake (blue one in Franc's) is pretty pricey - with the handling fees and the minimum requirement it ends up being over $1200... So we switched to the light coral & shells one but we are making it blue instead of ivory

Oh and we have the same cake topper!!! But we aren't going to use it as the topper because I thought that it's huge!!! It's beautiful but I think we are going to use it on the cake table istead.

Can't wait to hear more!

mermaidbride1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #33
jspahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidbride1108 View Post
Jenn - That is so cool that you were picked! What an awesome experience!!!

I ahven't been on in awhile, been dealing with some family drama...
Jackie -I saw your posts about your future SIL - I hope it all works out I know it's hard, but try not to let her get to you - it's your happiness that matters and if she can't be happy for you and her brother, and wants to cause drama, then forget her.

Quote:
But I had to write and said we were picking the same two cakes!!!! I will tell you though the first cake (blue one in Franc's) is pretty pricey - with the handling fees and the minimum requirement it ends up being over $1200... So we switched to the light coral & shells one but we are making it blue instead of ivory
Oh my! Well we havent gotten our BEO back yet (nearly 4 weeks later!!!) so I had no idea how pricey it was!

Quote:
Oh and we have the same cake topper!!! But we aren't going to use it as the topper because I thought that it's huge!!! It's beautiful but I think we are going to use it on the cake table istead.

Can't wait to hear more!
We were afraid it might be too big but our planner assured us it would work just fine. We also have the one of them in the boat - which is gigantic! We are going to put that on the cake table too.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #34
jspahn

So just as we were finishing our cake tasting, Elizabeth from Disney Floral came in.
We talked about linens, centerpieces, and flowers for ceremony.

For my boquet, I wanted a large round boquet with black magic roses and stephanotis - similar to this:

The men are just doing single black magic roses.

For my girls I decided to do rosewands - 3 black magic roses and antique white ribbon (matched my dress). The maid of honor will have some crystal mickey heads in hers, as will my bouquet.

For the moms right now we have wrist corsages with stephanotis - which ties in to my bouquet.

We also talked about centerpieces for the reception. Since our reception is in the Living Seas, I knew I wanted to keep that feel.
So i showed her these pics as ideas:

Elizabeth said that was very easy to do, and she came up with the idea of varying the centerpieces a little bit between tables - some round, some square, some with the tall pillar candle, some with floating candles. All with sand and shells at the bottom. It should fit right in to the room and look great with our theme!

Linens were a little hard for us. At this point, we still hadnt seen the living seas in person - so we had a hard time judging how colors would look. All the pics I had seen were kind of dark and made the carpet and room look purple - which is not the case. (I'll post pics when I get to the site visit part.)
We decided to do a purple underlay with pixie dust overlay, and jade napkins - the jade matched my fabric swatch of the girls dresses perfectly! The purple will be very close to the guys tuxes I think, though we didnt know that at the time since we hadnt gone to do tuxes yet!
Here is the linen against the paint chip I had of the purple color I liked:

We also discussed chairs with Elizabeth. We decided to change the chairs out for our ceremony. The standard ones at Epcot are black plastic - which we didnt like at all. So we went with white folding chairs.
Essentially it will look like this:

We also decided to have rose petals in little bags for everyone to throw as we exited - placed on the chairs ahead of time.

Elizabeth left and promised to send our quote in a few weeks - which she did and I will get to that later!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #35
camara381
DIS Veteran

Wow! Love everything! The ceremony will be beautiful, it is so worth it to change the chairs. Are you going to have the same aisle decorations as in the picture? The cake will be beautiful, I love the almond amaretto combo so yummy!!!!!

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #36
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ohh love it all so far! France looks like such a great venue, I am not sure if I have ever seen a ceremony there before. I think it looks amazing!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #37
jspahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
Wow! Love everything! The ceremony will be beautiful, it is so worth it to change the chairs. Are you going to have the same aisle decorations as in the picture? The cake will be beautiful, I love the almond amaretto combo so yummy!!!!!
Actually I think we are going without decoration for the most part at the ceremony. If we have extra room in the budget (ha!) then maybe at the end we might add some in. To me, the location itself is so pretty it didnt need anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ohh love it all so far! France looks like such a great venue, I am not sure if I have ever seen a ceremony there before. I think it looks amazing!
Thanks sam! We think so too - and since we never made it to paris in person, we thought this would be fun. Paris maybe for our one year anniversary
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #38
jspahn

After Elizabeth from floral left, we met again with Ken for a few minutes. We were supposed to have a break between 1pm and our tasting at 2:30 - so Shelly from Impressions met us at Francks to talk about invitations.

While Shelley is very sweet, she seemed kind of disorganized. She was late, and then didnt bring any samples with her (glad I had the ones she sent me previously!) She also seemed so focused on getting the wording of our invitation down, almost assuming we were going with her.
ANYWAY - she is very talented, and she did seem very excited to work with us. We wanted our invitations to have Ariel and Eric on them.

We liked her Mickey Pixie dust style:

Ours would be something like this:

but maybe with the graphic of Ariel and Eric in their wedding attire instead.
We liked the glitter ink - letterpress was just out of our budget!

We also asked her to price out the Mickey Head fan programs for us - I'd seen the pics below from other brides here and I thought it was such a cute idea. We were going to do this on our own, but they seem like a pain in the butt, so I asked for Shelley to price it out for us thinking it might be worth it to pay someone else.

Ken was waiting for us to finish up with Shelley so we could head over to EPCOT for our tasting and site visit.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #39
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I love the invitation idea!! i also want to do the mickey programs so if you don't mind posting the quote once she gives it to you that would be great. I think I read some where else they are expensive so I may have to try to do it on my own and I am not good with computers
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #40
jspahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I love the invitation idea!! i also want to do the mickey programs so if you don't mind posting the quote once she gives it to you that would be great. I think I read some where else they are expensive so I may have to try to do it on my own and I am not good with computers
She quoted us both assembled and non assembled - but the difference wasnt much between the two. Below is the assembled pricing.

White or Ivory Paper/ Assembled
2-sided Mickey fan, printed in one raised color

25 -$395.42
50 - $414.99
75 - $437.00
100 - $461.57
125 - $508.14
150 - $557.15
each add’l 25 - $49.82

Additional options:
Hand-tied bows (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . . .. . $1.85ea
Custom typeset . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $27.50 each side
Custom created Wedding Logo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $45.00 one-time fee
Glitter added to any color ink . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $50.00
Rhinestone Couture Buckle (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . .. $3.99ea
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #41
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

thanks for posting the prices I know a lot fo us were wondering
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
jspahn

I know I have been quite the slacker lately!! Sorry for the delay in continuing my PS report!

After Shelley left, Ken took us over to the Epcot kitchen for our menu tasting.

This was what we had requested to taste:
-mickey roni & cheese
-tonga toast
-Mixed Greens w/craisins, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes (from Ariels Buffet Dinner menu)
-Toasted Italian Bread Salad (from mama melrose menu)
-Seared Chicken Breast with apples, fennel and fig (from Tinkerbell Buffet)
-Grilled Mahi Mahi with honey soy glaze (from living seas menu)
-Allspice -flavored Cake with seasonal berries (from Jiko)

When we got to the kitchen, I was freezing! And I had left my jacket back at Francks. The epcot staff was kind enough to find me a jacket - the head chefs jacket

Our table set up:

They had everything set up like it would be on the buffet of our brunch reception:

Here is the chicken with apples, fennel & fig - really good but a little dry:

Mickey-roni (this was DFs request)

and tonga toast - so yummy:

There was a mix up with our request however, so we didnt get to taste the mahi mahi - they had made a roast leg of lamb instead. Which was great, but we werent interested in it.

The epcot chef (jim) felt so bad, that he looked to see if they had any mahi mahi handy to whip something up - and they didnt. So instead we tried the seared tuna - which was to die for!

Unfortunately due to budget constraints we probably wont do that for our guests but Jim and Ken both suggested we do the seared tuna as a treat for the Bride and Goom - which sounded good to us

The salads were good, but we really liked the spicy flavor of the tossed italian bread salad, so we are going to add that to our buffet.

The mickey roni and cheese was good, but bland, so Jim said they could add a little more salt/pepper to it for our buffet.

The last item we tasted, a dessert off the menu at Jiko, we are adding to our dessert party menu. It was a 5 spice cake with macerated berries and honey sabayon - so yummy!!! They are going to set it up as a build-your-own station with the berries and sauce separate so the cake doesnt get soggy.

And finally - our chef Jim and waiter David

Last edited by jspahn; 05-15-2009 at 10:27 AM.
jspahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #44
jspahn

After our tasting, we FINALLY got to see the Living Seas Salon.
It's really hard to imagine from everyone's pictures - and the colors in the pics we have seen were really nothing like the actual colors in the room.
The layout of the room is really funky too - long and skinny. I'll try to scan in the floor plan they gave us and post that later.
In the mean time, here are pics that we took on the visit - I'll try to break these up logically over a few posts.

Pre-reception Area:

Last edited by jspahn; 05-15-2009 at 09:32 AM.
jspahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #45
jspahn

As you leave the Pre-reception area, you move into one of 3 "alcoves" in the living seas room.
The first alcove contains the glass piano:

Here is looking back into the area where the pre-reception was:

Between that alcove and the next one is sort of a beach scene window where they usually set the cake up:

then continuing to move left is a second alcove, where they put the dance floors:

and finally moving into the farthest alcove, just a darker area that isnt really utilized:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: