Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





View Poll Results: Which dress?
Dress one 6 8.11%
Dress two 6 8.11%
Dress three 16 21.62%
Dress four 19 25.68%
Dress five 19 25.68%
Dress six 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #61
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran
 
LLLBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Girl stuck in AZ
Posts: 651

Love the rings!

I think the stones just in the front, you'll never see the stones on the opposite side plus it will save some $$$ not having the stones all the way around.

Very pretty!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #62
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 170

Those rings are beautiful!! I'm very frugal, but the one thing I always spend a little more on is green and recycled products, so I think that is great!
__________________
My first attempt at a PTR/TR -->http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2161171
Me DH DD 2


1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #63
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!
 
tiggersam00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,015

Ok I LOVE the rings! I love how unique they are, very untraditional in the most fabulous way!! I am a huge fan!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #64
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.
 
Pirate's Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey Shore...please don't come visit.
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
I love your ideas for your ceremony! That is one thing I am most excited about. My brother is marrying us and we get to write the entire thing!

Oh and I love the ring! Very unique!
Thank you so much Amanda. Good luck planning the ceremony!! I'll definitely follow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Love the rings!

I think the stones just in the front, you'll never see the stones on the opposite side plus it will save some $$$ not having the stones all the way around.

Very pretty!
I agree about the stones in the front only. My fingers are narrow and my hands are small so I think the stones would irritate me. How much should wedding rings cost anyway??? I agree about the spending more money on organic and fair trade and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
Those rings are beautiful!! I'm very frugal, but the one thing I always spend a little more on is green and recycled products, so I think that is great!
Oh thank you Missy! I totally agree about the spending more money on organic and fair trade and the like.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
Ok I LOVE the rings! I love how unique they are, very untraditional in the most fabulous way!! I am a huge fan!
Thanks Sam!! I love the look of those rings. My mom always wore her rings separate. I never even realized you could wear them together so I'm not really fond of that idea. I want a ring that can stand alone...plus I don't think I could even find one that would go with the e-ring.

I had a REALLY bad day today. More work drama. i'm a pawn in their game and I can't wait until this school year is over!! So to make me feel better I'm watching Bride Wars with my mom (haha taking notes) And I make a mock-up of the "pin trading starter kit"

What do you gals think?



The wording needs some work but my brain isn't really functioning at the moment so bare with me...and any suggestions are awesome!
__________________

Last edited by Pirate's Princess; 05-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #65
Ann117
DIS Veteran
 
Ann117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 577

I love that how did u get that font the Disney font and the mickey shape font?
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #66
DISNEYMAGIC2005
DIS Veteran
 
DISNEYMAGIC2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 556

Hey Sam!

Haven't been on here in a while because we've been moving for the past week so I am trying to catch up on PJ's! (instead of working on my final project for school that is due next week...)

I'm sorry to hear about all of the work drama. I think that sometimes people want to make it difficult to enjoy your job. I sometimes feel that way about my boss and other co-workers but then you just have to get over it...


I love what you are doing with creating your ceremony. Me and DF are trying to figure out all of that and it seems a little difficult. It's just hard to fit everything in that YOU want without offending anyone else.


I love the rings! I think they are beautiful and very girly! I would probably go with the one that is half way around because I told DF, no one ever really sees the inside of your hand.... Unless your hitting them or something and then it that case do you really care what they think about your ring?

I think the pin trading starter kit is a great idea and if I had no idea what it was I would definitely know just by reading that. Plus I love the Disney Font.. Too cute!
__________________

I'm lucky i'm in love with my best friend.... and that he puts up with my WDW craziness!
DISNEYMAGIC2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #67
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.
 
Pirate's Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey Shore...please don't come visit.
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I love that how did u get that font the Disney font and the mickey shape font?
Thanks Ann! I just searched for Disney Fonts in Google, and here's the site. I also found a Snow white one, hehe. http://www.disneyexperience.com/customize/fonts.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYMAGIC2005 View Post
Hey Sam!

Haven't been on here in a while because we've been moving for the past week so I am trying to catch up on PJ's! (instead of working on my final project for school that is due next week...)

I'm sorry to hear about all of the work drama. I think that sometimes people want to make it difficult to enjoy your job. I sometimes feel that way about my boss and other co-workers but then you just have to get over it...


I love what you are doing with creating your ceremony. Me and DF are trying to figure out all of that and it seems a little difficult. It's just hard to fit everything in that YOU want without offending anyone else.


I love the rings! I think they are beautiful and very girly! I would probably go with the one that is half way around because I told DF, no one ever really sees the inside of your hand.... Unless your hitting them or something and then it that case do you really care what they think about your ring?

I think the pin trading starter kit is a great idea and if I had no idea what it was I would definitely know just by reading that. Plus I love the Disney Font.. Too cute!
Haha Ashley, it's alright. Congrats on moving! I'm on the boards all the time instead of prepping for my classes although I'm prepping lessons instead of papers. I'm having difficulty finding ideas for a ceremony. I'm not worried about offending others...we're having a small wedding and as long as I include FMIL and FSIL I'm good. The only people I want to please is me, DF, and my mom, haha. (I'm a momma's girl)

Good point about the stones on the side of the ring. However I'm more of a headbutt/punch than a slap kind of a girl.

I'm glad you like the starter kit. I thought it would be a fun thing. I really like it. I'm not a enthusiast, I just like hunting for Snow White pins.
__________________
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #68
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!
 
ghoulish delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wildomar, CA
Posts: 621

Whew! Just got done catching up on your latest updates! The nice part about coming on here less often, is I get tons and tons to catch up on!

Sooo, first off... YAY FOR SAM BEING A 2010 BRIDE NOW!!!!

Hehe, and now then - the BM dress is very pretty and definitely rewearable, the rings you're looking into are beautiful (I like the second one personally), and I'm very sorry to hear about work drama! But please know, you can vent here anytime and I for one, as I'm sure many of the other disbrides here, are happy to listen. Hang in there! Everything gets worse before it gets better!

Also, your ceremony ideas sound really unique and awesome! I especially like the idea about including whatever culture of area you guys decide on in Epcot. Nice work!
__________________


| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #69
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran
 
figmentfan814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 2,912

So, which countries are you leaning towards in Epcot? I can't remember if you posted about that or not already The best thing is that you can get so many great pictures there. I am so glad I had my wedding there. What a great idea to include so many of your family members in the ceremony.


I love the Mickey pin trading sheet. I did something similar with pressed pennies in my welcome bags Did you make the Mickey heads with the images inside like the heart? The only minor thing I saw on it was "newb" was missing the last two letters newbie
__________________

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #70
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!
 
Bolanette87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 10,528

I just had to drop in and say I LOVE that wedding ring!! STUNNING!!

Bob xoxoxo
__________________
Bolanette87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #71
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran
 
Kimmers127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Farmington, CT
Posts: 756

Love all your plans so far! I'm a September 2010 bride so maybe reading your PJ will keep me on track planning wise...

The rings are beautiful. And I love all the work you are putting into your ceremony. it's going to be so unique and memorable!

Great job so far!
__________________
Me DH Dunkin Jasper Smokey Simba

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

My book blog: http://theavidreader.typepad.com/

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #72
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 170

The pin trading is an awesome idea, and the letter you made explains it very well
__________________
My first attempt at a PTR/TR -->http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2161171
Me DH DD 2


1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #73
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.
 
Pirate's Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey Shore...please don't come visit.
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Whew! Just got done catching up on your latest updates! The nice part about coming on here less often, is I get tons and tons to catch up on!

Sooo, first off... YAY FOR SAM BEING A 2010 BRIDE NOW!!!!

Hehe, and now then - the BM dress is very pretty and definitely rewearable, the rings you're looking into are beautiful (I like the second one personally), and I'm very sorry to hear about work drama! But please know, you can vent here anytime and I for one, as I'm sure many of the other disbrides here, are happy to listen. Hang in there! Everything gets worse before it gets better!

Also, your ceremony ideas sound really unique and awesome! I especially like the idea about including whatever culture of area you guys decide on in Epcot. Nice work!
Thank you Anjanette! I'm so excited!!!!! BM dresses are a little tricky because I have a wide size range of ladies and DF wants them all in the same type of dress. Oh yes, Drama-rama. I can't wait for the end of the year. I'm super busy right now looking for positions next year. I thought it would be a nice way to incorporate the country and "fit in"

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
So, which countries are you leaning towards in Epcot? I can't remember if you posted about that or not already The best thing is that you can get so many great pictures there. I am so glad I had my wedding there. What a great idea to include so many of your family members in the ceremony.


I love the Mickey pin trading sheet. I did something similar with pressed pennies in my welcome bags Did you make the Mickey heads with the images inside like the heart? The only minor thing I saw on it was "newb" was missing the last two letters newbie
Oh I like the pressed penny idea Vanessa. I tried pin trading last year and thought it was sooo fun!!! I'm thinking Japan, China, or Morocco.I want to include a lot of people because everyone there is special to me! I actually found that font. They have mickey heads with flowers or earth or masks. I posted the site here. I meant to put newb, it's short for newbie. I thought it was silly and I'm a little silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanette87 View Post
I just had to drop in and say I LOVE that wedding ring!! STUNNING!!

Bob xoxoxo
Thank you so much bob!! I love your venue. It's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Love all your plans so far! I'm a September 2010 bride so maybe reading your PJ will keep me on track planning wise...

The rings are beautiful. And I love all the work you are putting into your ceremony. it's going to be so unique and memorable!

Great job so far!
Well I'll have to keep up your PJ. I'm over there now catching up! I want the ceremony to be more memorable than the party. (And I want an awesome party!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
The pin trading is an awesome idea, and the letter you made explains it very well
Thanks Missy. I love pin trading.
__________________
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #74
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.
 
Pirate's Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jersey Shore...please don't come visit.
Posts: 1,672

Sorry about not checking in the past day or so...and being behind on everyone's PJ. I've been sooo exhausted. I hate this week. I'm glad it's over. Yesterday was lot better...yay it was Friday!!! And on Thursday I did something big to cheer myself up...I called Disney Weddings!!!!!!!!!

I called at 3:45 gave my basic info and 20 minutes later I received a call for our consultant: Pam Pearce!! She was so nice, and so was the woman at Disney weddings. We discussed what I wanted and the like. I talked with her, she had some great ideas. I told her about the Epcot countries: Morocco, Japan, and China. She told me there were multiple places to get married at each country. In Morocco, there is the pavillion and the fountain, in China, there is the rotounda and outdoors and in Japan there is both the pavillion/gardens or you can actually use the archway, with the globe behind you as the backdrop. I thought that last one was pretty nifty! I have to pick one out by October 28th. Does anyone have some good pics of those places??

And I got that awesome email with sample menus, bar menus, the std cards, the photo brochure and the big wishes package info packet. Yay!!! AND I'm so excited to find out in 2010, they are no longer doing the silly season thing, and ALL monday through thursday weddings have a $12,000 mins. And friday and sunday weddings have $15,000 mins. So it makes a Friday wedding possible. But I'd still rather have a thursday...more honeymoon.

And I bought Carries passporter book.

And i went for a run yesterday...and today saw Star Trek.

Except I'm having a massive allergy reaction to these stupid bushes because I slept over DF's yesterday. We're trying to figure out a way to kill these bushes secretly and safely for the environment.
__________________
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #75
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran
 
polynesianbride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 869

YAY I finally found time to catch up on your PJ! First off congratulations on everything and I just love your story... you and DF are too cute together! All of your plans sound amazing... I love the first bouquet you posted, all the dresses look amazing on you, your ceremony plans sound great (I think it would be hilarious if you did the flask and beaker for the sand ceremony). So sorry about the work drama but YAY for being 2010 bride!!!! Oh and love the ring... I vote for stones just part way around... I think it would be more comfortable. Can't wait to read more!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Emily's MAW Cruise TR - UPDATED with Day 1 Pics iu97alum Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports 198 03-18-2010 01:52 PM
A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report! shordiebecka Completed Trip Reports 222 08-03-2009 10:54 PM
WE tv DFTW show coming again! IntheKnow Disney Weddings and Honeymoons 13 05-04-2009 02:53 PM
"Enchanted:” The E! True Disneyworld Story of a Birthday Princess (UPDATE 4/18) Enchanted Completed Trip Reports 207 04-18-2009 05:03 PM
moms of lil princesses bearlyanne Disney for Families 20 04-15-2009 09:52 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: